The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 PM
missjane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Good question.
Perhaps they'll use Fredensborg as a weekend-home? At least this year. Or perhaps they've decided to stay at Amalienborg while the twins are so young?
Kancellihuset is not a small home, but with four children and nannies it may be a little crowded, at least until the twins get a little older.
Thanks Muhler! I guess we will just have to wait and see.
__________________

__________________
  #82  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 2,995
That is the best part that comes with "beeing a royal" shopping, and shopping at Christian Loubotin is not for all!!!
__________________

__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #83  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Shopping at CL is certainly not only for Royals
__________________
Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins.
Gary Lineker
  #84  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Shopping at CL is certainly not only for Royals
No, also for celebrities. same shades, same handbag, cant really tell the difference only that Copenhagen is not as sunny as Hollywood.
__________________
  #85  
Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
missMaryanne's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I am sure everybody with kids needs time for herself and in her case with her status and money has time , the 2 older in the school and the 2 youngest with the babysitter but I am sure a lot of mothers of 4 can not have time neither afford shopping! but I love that even in her status she goes and do her own shopping!
agree.

i also love that she still does her own shopping(remember when she buy diapers a few years back), and the fact that she's not hiding from anybody.
__________________
"You're a wonderful person. I'm proud of being the partner of your life".-CP Haakon of Norway
  #86  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No, also for celebrities. same shades, same handbag, cant really tell the difference only that Copenhagen is not as sunny as Hollywood.
Typical...lol.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with Mary having a few hours to herself & shopping with a friend
Agreed.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #87  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,404
CL it is for people who has money to pay that high prices!
__________________
Ashelen
  #88  
Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No, also for celebrities. same shades, same handbag, cant really tell the difference only that Copenhagen is not as sunny as Hollywood.
I know people who buy at CL and are neither celebrities or royalty
And I have the same style of shades and handbags, and I certainly don't try to act as a celebrity
__________________
Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins.
Gary Lineker
  #89  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Tessa's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N/A, Spain
Posts: 43
Many pics of Christian and Isabella lately. She is totally adorable

Is Mary going to the wedding of Monaco? I only see prince Frederik on danish calender
__________________
  #90  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,557


From the official website of the Danish Royal House:

Quote:
02/07 11 Kronprinsparret og D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie er til stede ved H.K.H. Fyrst Albert II af Monaco og Fr. Charlene Wittstocks bryllup i Monaco.
Kronprinsparret = Crown Prince Couple = Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.

PR
  #91  
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Danish_Royalist's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 88
Only days now until we'll see them in Monaco. I am more excited to see F&M than A&C- and it's their wedding!
__________________
  #92  
Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM
olebabs's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Posts: 283
It is quite normal for our royal family to go shopping by themselves in Copenhagen. Of course you notice them, but they are left alone to go about their business. Luckily we don't have the same sort of press that the British do.
__________________
  #93  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,989
__________________


Crown Princess Mary, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella have been at the
Circus Summarum again.



** Pic ** BB: Mary hoppede løs med børnene ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #94  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 AM
shari-aree's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
It is quite normal for our royal family to go shopping by themselves in Copenhagen. Of course you notice them, but they are left alone to go about their business. Luckily we don't have the same sort of press that the British do.

That sounds like the perfect place for a Royal to be, I have read (in some Australian magazines) that the Danish genuinely love Mary and mostly leave the DRF to themselves.
I was just wondering about the Danish Author who wrote 'not nice things' about M&F ... & now lives in Greece (?)
- Was she & her books popular in Denmark?
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)
As an Aussie - I love seeing pictures of Mary and enjoy hearing that she is well loved!
__________________
  #95  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
olebabs's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Posts: 283
Please do not take her opinions as that of the Danes. Trine Willumsen is not even worth being called a journalist. It seems to me, that she is envious. For my sake she can stay in Greece. Poor Greeks!
Yes we do love her. We tend to a little bit sceptical, when meeting new people, but now she has proven herself, so now we love her. Especially for the way she has inluenced Frederik. He is all smiles these days.
The royal family generally have a very good relationship with the press, but I believe it is because the DRF are very "open" to some extend. They have genually been able to adapt with times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post

That sounds like the perfect place for a Royal to be, I have read (in some Australian magazines) that the Danish genuinely love Mary and mostly leave the DRF to themselves.
I was just wondering about the Danish Author who wrote 'not nice things' about M&F ... & now lives in Greece (?)
- Was she & her books popular in Denmark?
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)
As an Aussie - I love seeing pictures of Mary and enjoy hearing that she is well loved!
__________________
  #96  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,599
I love seeing pictures of Isabella and Christian. I also love seeing them with M&F, they appear to be as hands on as possible given their responsibilitesand really affectionate to their kids.
__________________
  #97  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
nwinther's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Varde, Denmark
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
I was just wondering about the Danish Author who wrote 'not nice things' about M&F ... & now lives in Greece (?)
- Was she & her books popular in Denmark?
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)

Trine Villemann her name is. No, the "book" was panned by the reviewers. Not sure if it sold very well, if it did, only because we danes love to be outraged (at the stupidity of reporters - not the Royal Family).

She issued another book some time ago about Frederik & Mary (The King and Queen of Greenland). Also panned, but yielded only a fraction of the attention, as both the media and the public was "on to her".

It's my impression that Mary is liked - if not loved - by most danes. Sure, republicans shrug (they can do little else when in company with monarchists) at her (or the entire family, really), but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud. In many ways she's regarded higher than most of the "native" family, as she's seen as a fantastic "moderator" to the Crown Prince.
__________________
  #98  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud.
If so, then that speaks volumes, really.

It's heartwarming to witness Mary's life unfold the way it has from afar.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #99  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
nwinther's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Varde, Denmark
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)
I've heard my Australian relatives talk about this interview. What program was it on? Is it possible to find an online version of the segment?
__________________
  #100  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM
shari-aree's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
Please do not take her opinions as that of the Danes. Trine Willumsen is not even worth being called a journalist. It seems to me, that she is envious. For my sake she can stay in Greece. Poor Greeks!
Yes we do love her. We tend to a little bit sceptical, when meeting new people, but now she has proven herself, so now we love her. Especially for the way she has inluenced Frederik. He is all smiles these days.
The royal family generally have a very good relationship with the press, but I believe it is because the DRF are very "open" to some extend. They have genually been able to adapt with times.
Very Glad to hear this, It is lovely to watch someone from your country be warmly welcomed, it makes you feel "connected", and of course we all love Fred now too!
xoxos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
Trine Villemann her name is. No, the "book" was panned by the reviewers. Not sure if it sold very well, if it did, only because we danes love to be outraged (at the stupidity of reporters - not the Royal Family).

She issued another book some time ago about Frederik & Mary (The King and Queen of Greenland). Also panned, but yielded only a fraction of the attention, as both the media and the public was "on to her".

It's my impression that Mary is liked - if not loved - by most danes. Sure, republicans shrug (they can do little else when in company with monarchists) at her (or the entire family, really), but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud. In many ways she's regarded higher than most of the "native" family, as she's seen as a fantastic "moderator" to the Crown Prince.
I am pleased to hear this too, the author seemed very nasty & I am so glad that this is not the general opinion of the DRF - the Danes should be so proud that they are so good to their Royal Family, it is very nice to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
I've heard my Australian relatives talk about this interview. What program was it on? Is it possible to find an online version of the segment?
It was on Australian "A Current Affair" quite awhile ago, - when T.V was pushing her book I suppose. I will go to www.nmsn.com.au to try and find it for you.
(Channel 9 in Australia. - Tracey Grimshaw (the Aussie interviewer) did not look impressed with author at all).

I am very happy that you are all so happy with the DRF, and I look forward to more positive posts about Mary and her lovely family and new country.
Thank you

xoxos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
It was on Australian "A Current Affair" quite awhile ago, - when T.V was pushing her book I suppose. I will go to www.nmsn.com.au to try and find it for you.
(Channel 9 in Australia. - Tracey Grimshaw (the Aussie interviewer) did not look impressed with author at all).

I am very happy that you are all so happy with the DRF, and I look forward to more positive posts about Mary and her lovely family and new country.
Thank you

xoxos

************************************
I found it, just watched it again - Trine says that it is up to Mary to make Fred a King - and that she has to step up to the plate for all of Denmark - forgetting that it is up to Denmark to make Mary feel at home.
Luckily she has found herself amoungst friends in so many of you! - well done, as I posted earlier it is lovely to see.

Go to www.acurrentaffair.com.au there is a 'search bar' just type in Trine Villeman and then you can watch the interview; I believe she was trying (but not succeeding) to sound like she cared for Mary but at the same time blaming her for Fred not wanting to be King, quite harsh really!

Lots of love to Denmark from Australia !!! xoxos
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 394 01-05-2013 03:59 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 406 05-19-2011 06:51 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 07-28-2010 03:26 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009 dazzling Current Events Archive 401 12-15-2009 03:38 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]