General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only days now until we'll see them in Monaco. I am more excited to see F&M than A&C- and it's their wedding! :lol:

It is quite normal for our royal family to go shopping by themselves in Copenhagen. Of course you notice them, but they are left alone to go about their business. Luckily we don't have the same sort of press that the British do.

It is quite normal for our royal family to go shopping by themselves in Copenhagen. Of course you notice them, but they are left alone to go about their business. Luckily we don't have the same sort of press that the British do.
:previous:
That sounds like the perfect place for a Royal to be, I have read (in some Australian magazines) that the Danish genuinely love Mary and mostly leave the DRF to themselves.:)
I was just wondering about the Danish Author who wrote 'not nice things' about M&F ... & now lives in Greece (?)
- Was she & her books popular in Denmark?
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)
:flowers: As an Aussie - I love seeing pictures of Mary and enjoy hearing that she is well loved!:flowers:

Please do not take her opinions as that of the Danes. Trine Willumsen is not even worth being called a journalist. It seems to me, that she is envious. For my sake she can stay in Greece. Poor Greeks!:whistling:
Yes we do love her. We tend to a little bit sceptical, when meeting new people, but now she has proven herself, so now we love her. Especially for the way she has inluenced Frederik. He is all smiles these days.
The royal family generally have a very good relationship with the press, but I believe it is because the DRF are very "open" to some extend. They have genually been able to adapt with times.

:previous:
That sounds like the perfect place for a Royal to be, I have read (in some Australian magazines) that the Danish genuinely love Mary and mostly leave the DRF to themselves.:)
I was just wondering about the Danish Author who wrote 'not nice things' about M&F ... & now lives in Greece (?)
(I don't remember her name - I saw an interview on Aussie TV and it sounded like she hated Mary)
:flowers: As an Aussie - I love seeing pictures of Mary and enjoy hearing that she is well loved!:flowers:

I love seeing pictures of Isabella and Christian. I also love seeing them with M&F, they appear to be as hands on as possible given their responsibilitesand really affectionate to their kids.

Trine Villemann her name is. No, the "book" was panned by the reviewers. Not sure if it sold very well, if it did, only because we danes love to be outraged (at the stupidity of reporters - not the Royal Family).

She issued another book some time ago about Frederik & Mary (The King and Queen of Greenland). Also panned, but yielded only a fraction of the attention, as both the media and the public was "on to her".

It's my impression that Mary is liked - if not loved - by most danes. Sure, republicans shrug (they can do little else when in company with monarchists) at her (or the entire family, really), but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud. In many ways she's regarded higher than most of the "native" family, as she's seen as a fantastic "moderator" to the Crown Prince.

but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud.

If so, then that speaks volumes, really.

It's heartwarming to witness Mary's life unfold the way it has from afar.

I've heard my Australian relatives talk about this interview. What program was it on? Is it possible to find an online version of the segment?

Please do not take her opinions as that of the Danes. Trine Willumsen is not even worth being called a journalist. It seems to me, that she is envious. For my sake she can stay in Greece. Poor Greeks!:whistling:
Yes we do love her. We tend to a little bit sceptical, when meeting new people, but now she has proven herself, so now we love her. Especially for the way she has inluenced Frederik. He is all smiles these days.
The royal family generally have a very good relationship with the press, but I believe it is because the DRF are very "open" to some extend. They have genually been able to adapt with times.

:previous::flowers::flowers: Very Glad to hear this, It is lovely to watch someone from your country be warmly welcomed, it makes you feel "connected", and of course we all love Fred now too!
xoxos

Trine Villemann her name is. No, the "book" was panned by the reviewers. Not sure if it sold very well, if it did, only because we danes love to be outraged (at the stupidity of reporters - not the Royal Family).

She issued another book some time ago about Frederik & Mary (The King and Queen of Greenland). Also panned, but yielded only a fraction of the attention, as both the media and the public was "on to her".

It's my impression that Mary is liked - if not loved - by most danes. Sure, republicans shrug (they can do little else when in company with monarchists) at her (or the entire family, really), but there seems to be a wall of both reporters and ordinary people standing up for her whenever someone is trying to drag her through the mud. In many ways she's regarded higher than most of the "native" family, as she's seen as a fantastic "moderator" to the Crown Prince.
:previous: I am pleased to hear this too, the author seemed very nasty & I am so glad that this is not the general opinion of the DRF - the Danes should be so proud that they are so good to their Royal Family, it is very nice to read.

I've heard my Australian relatives talk about this interview. What program was it on? Is it possible to find an online version of the segment?
:previous: It was on Australian "A Current Affair" quite awhile ago, - when T.V was pushing her book I suppose. I will go to www.nmsn.com.au to try and find it for you.
(Channel 9 in Australia. - Tracey Grimshaw (the Aussie interviewer) did not look impressed with author at all).

I am very happy that you are all so happy with the DRF, and I look forward to more positive posts about Mary and her lovely family and new country.
Thank you

xoxos:flowers:

:previous: It was on Australian "A Current Affair" quite awhile ago, - when T.V was pushing her book I suppose. I will go to www.nmsn.com.au to try and find it for you.
(Channel 9 in Australia. - Tracey Grimshaw (the Aussie interviewer) did not look impressed with author at all).

I am very happy that you are all so happy with the DRF, and I look forward to more positive posts about Mary and her lovely family and new country.
Thank you

xoxos:flowers:

:previous: ************************************:previous:
I found it, just watched it again - Trine says that it is up to Mary to make Fred a King - and that she has to step up to the plate for all of Denmark - forgetting that it is up to Denmark to make Mary feel at home.
Luckily she has found herself amoungst friends in so many of you! - well done, as I posted earlier it is lovely to see.

Go to www.acurrentaffair.com.au there is a 'search bar' just type in Trine Villeman and then you can watch the interview; I believe she was trying (but not succeeding) to sound like she cared for Mary but at the same time blaming her for Fred not wanting to be King, quite harsh really!

Lots of love to Denmark from Australia !!! :flowers: xoxos

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: ************************************:previous:
I found it, just watched it again - Trine says that it is up to Mary to make Fred a King - and that she has to step up to the plate for all of Denmark - forgetting that it is up to Denmark to make Mary feel at home.
Luckily she has found herself amoungst friends in so many of you! - well done, as I posted earlier it is lovely to see.

Go to www.acurrentaffair.com.au there is a 'search bar' just type in Trine Villeman and then you can watch the interview; I believe she was trying (but not succeeding) to sound like she cared for Mary but at the same time blaming her for Fred not wanting to be King, quite harsh really!

Lots of love to Denmark from Australia !!! :flowers: xoxos

Trine Villemann....:whistling:

This is about her first book and that book was taken completely apart. I have a translation of a review of her book, should you be interested, and it wasn't pretty!

When she wrote her next book, her "reputation" was established as being not serious.
Her arguments are so easy to take apart, you wouldn't believe it.
My pet-annoyance is her talking about the Danish taxpayers. I am a Danish taxpayer, T.V. and her British husband are not. They both live in Greece and don't pay taxes to the Danish state - or the British for that matter.
She has had huge problems explaining why Mary in particular, but also Frederik, consistently score top marks in popularity and approval ratings.

Mary has been a Crown Princess for what is it? Seven years now.
I find it mindboggling that some people have such a big problem accepting that Mary is also good at her work.
- Don't worry Mary will make mistakes, of course she will, she's human. We should just be careful about not placing Mary on a pedistal. That's unfair towards her and there is only one way from a pedistal - down.

We should just be careful about not placing Mary on a pedistal. That's unfair towards her and there is only one way from a pedistal - down.
I really like the above quote and have never heard it before if it is an idiom. I will very gently correct your spelling of pedestal, however, since your english is really better than most natives!

I really like the above quote and have never heard it before if it is an idiom. I will very gently correct your spelling of pedestal, however, since your english is really better than most natives!

Thank you. :flowers:

I welcome corrections. How else can I learn? ;)
(I try to avoid spell check - no sport :p)

Yes, putting someone on a pedestal or rather warning about putting someone on a pedestal is a common expression in DK. - Something akin to: "Easy now, don't put him/her on a pedestal".

I hope that soon we´ll be able to see the pictures of Fred and Mary with the twins in France.

Wouldn't you know. Billed Bladet has hit the streets again and even though it's summer, we get some coverage of the DRF.

We have a note expressing hope that we'll see the twins during M&F's summercruise in August.

An article about QMII at the national FDF camp. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...s-part-5-august-2010-a-28474.html#post1286504

A note in Stilfinderen about a summerhat worn by Mary. - Yep, we're digging deep now...

QMII and her sisters handing out a grant in commemoration of Queen Ingrid. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...part-1-december-2008-a-19560.html#post1286512

A coverage of the Regent Couple's visit to Greenland up until Tuesday noon. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...d-july-9th-24th-2011-a-31468.html#post1286527

And this:

Have a look at the link posted by Iceflower :flowers: (And remember to say thanks ;)).

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #28, 2011.
Sjov med mor - Fun with mother.
Written by Marianne Singer.
A BB gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/MaryMedDeStoreBRnICirkus

Mary, Christian, Bella and some of their playmates recently went to the annual charity show in Circus Summarum for the benefit of the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Performing were a number of popular characters from various TV shows for children.
During the intermission, Mary and her children went outside to burn off some energy. Christian, being a big boy took care of himself and entered a bouncy castle on his own. Isabella however held mother in a firm grip and dragged her into the castle. That included going down a slide twice after which Mary thought that must be enough. No way! One more time....
However the intermission was about to end and Christian was eager to watch the second half, but sister Bella was a bit slow in getting her shoes back on and an impatient Christian called for them to hurry up. - Oh, girls!! :rolleyes::evil:
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/MaryMedDeStoreBRnICirkus#5629196427269622450
The second PET officer is keeping up: https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/MaryMedDeStoreBRnICirkus#5629196534046195986

A number of other well known people and their children were there as well, and they included Chris Minh Doky and Julie Mølsgaard.

During the show, the children were treated to popcorn and lollipops.

Frederik was in Sounth Africa with the IOC.

Another gallery of pics of the visit to the circus can be found here:

** Princesse Mary de Danemark : Ses enfants Christian et Isabella font leur cirque **

Last edited:
Aww, look how cute and chubby the babies are! I bet the one Mary's holding, (Josephine?), is constantly getting her cheeks pinched.

Thanks to everyone who's provided pics and article summaries. :)

Thank you. :flowers:

I welcome corrections. How else can I learn? ;)
(I try to avoid spell check - no sport :p)

Yes, putting someone on a pedestal or rather warning about putting someone on a pedestal is a common expression in DK. - Something akin t
o: "Easy now, don't put him/her on a pedestal".

I would never correct a beginner

Great pictures but some of them are really zoomed in.

I found these pictures very intrusive, particularly the super zoomed in ones on the patio. It looked like a private family vacation; I don't like those kind of shots.

I found these pictures very intrusive, particularly the super zoomed in ones on the patio. It looked like a private family vacation; I don't like those kind of shots.

I don't look at the photo's taken from outside the grounds of Château de Caïx for that exact reason.

Photographers lurking around corners, in bushes and sometimes in trees. An ethically questionable way to make a living, imo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture. Looks like a beautiful place.

Great pictures of the family. Oooh I certainly would pinch those cheeks in the babies. I can´t get over how tall Christian and Isabella are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom