The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 401
I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Crown Prince couple's choices or Muhlers! Thanks for both, in any case!
__________________

__________________
  #282  
Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 458
Muhler, I really appreciate the information on the Danish royal family that you provide the forum with. And it would be half so fun to read without the personal interjections!

This was a nice interview, I thought, giving us a peak into the 'who' behind the title. It must be difficult for royals to be personable, known, connected, and in tune with the times whilst protecting their privacy and not stripping the 'institution' of all mystique. Frederick and Mary seem to want to strike this balance, and I wish them all the best.
__________________

__________________
  #283  
Old 10-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Mary: "There is a book that keeps popping up as far as I am concerned and that is: Where The Wild Things Are
Has long been a favourite children's book here in Australia. Was a favourite of mine as a child also.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #284  
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 613
Muhler: you need to give us the Danish translation of 'Where the Wild Things are' there are n't many words in it, are there?
__________________
  #285  
Old 10-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Muhler: you need to give us the Danish translation of 'Where the Wild Things are' there are n't many words in it, are there?
I'm not sure I understand.
Where the Wild Things Are is the original English title of that book. It has been translated to Danish as: Villy Vilddyr = Villy wild beast.

It was my pleasure, Gerry, Emmily & PrincessApple
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #286  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 671
Thanks Muhler, once again very interesting reading. I remember Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem very much. Studied it as part of my Literature course and thought it to be a very powerful "love poem."
__________________
  #287  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 672
Thanks Muhler, really appreciate your efforts especially since you have a bad arm. Please don't over do it and cause any harm to your injury. Cheers and all the very best.
__________________
  #288  
Old 10-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Thanks Muhler, really appreciate your efforts especially since you have a bad arm. Please don't over do it and cause any harm to your injury. Cheers and all the very best.
You are welcome Tarlita and Stallad and thanks for asking.
My arm is fine, almost back to normal. It's simply a question of working out and lifting objects.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #289  
Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Marika86's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 3,472
"Hola" Frederik and Mary of Denmark remember the early years of their love story

Federico y Mary de Dinamarca recuerdan su historia de amor

Google Traduttore
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
  #290  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,362
Apparently Frederik was interviewed after the football match on Tuesday (Denmark-Portugal 2-1) having too much beer or so.
His speech seemed to be somewhat slurred. At least Denmark got the qualification
Lisa Lents til Frederik: Du er fuld - Royalt - SE og HØR

Its not the first time, neither brother shies away from having a drink or two or at times too many.
__________________
  #291  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Apparently Frederik was interviewed after the football match on Tuesday (Denmark-Portugal 2-1) having too much beer or so.
His speech seemed to be somewhat slurred. At least Denmark got the qualification
Lisa Lents til Frederik: Du er fuld - Royalt - SE og HØR

Its not the first time, neither brother shies away from having a drink or two or at times too many.
Se & Hør? I'll take that with a grain of salt.

And even if he had had a beer or two too many. So what? He wasn't on the job and he wasn't dancing naked and dead drunk through the streets.

He has so often been compared to Frederik IX, who also liked a beer or two from time to time.
And from what my family has told me, Frederik IX didn't shy away from having a beer with the odd blue collar workerwho was on the way home from work, when he, the king, was working on his boat, only with an adjutant around. - Whether that is true or not, I can't say but it's certainly believable.

I knew someone who is an alcoholic and he drove a taxi for many years. He told me that the amateur-drinkers are the worst. When they go to town, they no longer know when to stop. - I think there's a lot of truth in that.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #292  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Se & Hør? I'll take that with a grain of salt.
And even if he had had a beer or two too many. So what? He wasn't on the job and he wasn't dancing naked and dead drunk through the streets.
I doubt Frederik was the only Dane having a few beers at that game...
His brother doesn't seem to be one to "spit in the glass" (as we say) at these events either. There was a photo somewhere yesterday, where it looked like he was in a cheerful mood too.
__________________
  #293  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 AM
marymaxima's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 239
I also drink beer and smiled ...
is that a bad thing?
William Shakespeare said: "I always feel happy, you know why? Because I do not expect anything from anyone, waiting always hurts. The problems are not eternal, always have a solution, the only thing that does not resolve is death. Life is short, so love it, be happy and always smiling, just live intensely."
__________________
"Right now we have our hands full"
  #294  
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,917
Muhler, as always, thank you so much for all your translations . The Mary and Frederik interview was a jewel. I really like this couple, and love learning more about them and their children.

'How Do I Love Thee' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is one of my favorite poems as well. It brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #295  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Muhler, as always, thank you so much for all your translations . The Mary and Frederik interview was a jewel. I really like this couple, and love learning more about them and their children.

'How Do I Love Thee' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is one of my favorite poems as well. It brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
You are most welcome, Daria S.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #296  
Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,947
How about an good old fashioned anti-climax?
Billed-Bladet - Svigerinden: Sådan tabte Mary sig efter fødslen

Mary's sister-in-law, Leanne Donaldson, has told Women's Day how Mary so quickly and efficiently lost weight and regained her old figure, after giving birth to the twins.
Are you ready for an excersize plan? Diet-plan? Yeah? Get set...

Here is what Leanne told Women's Day: "She's so active that she just burns off calories. Just like the rest of the family she's totally dedicated to excersize. She is always walking, jogging or riding horses. And now she's also running around after four children - that can with guarantee keep anyone fit".

Yeah, okay....

So now you know, don't buy Women's Day (or Billed Bladet) just based on that headline.

I'm sure our Australian members can confirm that Leanne basically said nothing.

ADDED: TV2 Gossip has more on the Women's Day article, where an expert speculate about how Mary got fit again: Eksperter: Sådan tabte Mary sig - TV 2 Vip
We are informed that due to our healthy diet, we here in Scandinavia, don't have that many problems with obesity.
- That's the joke of the week.
We certainly do have problems with obesity! Which is why the Parliament introduced a "fat-tax" recently. (American members are probably familiar with that). In reality it's just a pretext to raise the taxes a bit, since vat on healthy food hasn't been lowered.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #297  
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 489
Muhler, I would like to add my thanks also for the translation of the interview with Mary and Frederik. I like that they included the interview it made warm and personal.

The poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is one I had to learn at school, and is still one of my favourites.

The "interview" in Woman's Day, if I remember correctly, something very similar was written after Isabella was born, maybe the only difference is the number the children that M&F have.
__________________
  #298  
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
How about an good old fashioned anti-climax?
Billed-Bladet - Svigerinden: Sådan tabte Mary sig efter fødslen

Mary's sister-in-law, Leanne Donaldson, has told Women's Day how Mary so quickly and efficiently lost weight and regained her old figure, after giving birth to the twins.
Are you ready for an excersize plan? Diet-plan? Yeah? Get set...

Here is what Leanne told Women's Day: "She's so active that she just burns off calories. Just like the rest of the family she's totally dedicated to excersize. She is always walking, jogging or riding horses. And now she's also running around after four children - that can with guarantee keep anyone fit".

Yeah, okay....

So now you know, don't buy Women's Day (or Billed Bladet) just based on that headline.

I'm sure our Australian members can confirm that Leanne basically said nothing.

ADDED: TV2 Gossip has more on the Women's Day article, where an expert speculate about how Mary got fit again: Eksperter: Sådan tabte Mary sig - TV 2 Vip
We are informed that due to our healthy diet, we here in Scandinavia, don't have that many problems with obesity.
- That's the joke of the week.
We certainly do have problems with obesity! Which is why the Parliament introduced a "fat-tax" recently. (American members are probably familiar with that). In reality it's just a pretext to raise the taxes a bit, since vat on healthy food hasn't been lowered.
Beeing an active women and running around after four children is not suficient of course...you must follow a very healthy eating plan, joined with exercise, jogging burns lot of calories, she needs to run at least 20 to 30 minutes per day and of course Princess Mary doesn't have a heavy body, she is a thin person genetic so it is easy...and of course she looks after her and she sure makes and effort to be in shape!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #299  
Old 11-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 613
Does anyone know how much 'private' time M&F will spend in Australia after their official commitments? Official Australia stuff from 19-26th November, then Fred off to Vietnam solo from the 27th Nov-1st Dec....So my real question is: will Christmas be celebrated down under or is that too much to ask of the Crown Prince Couple because their official Danish Christmas/New Years program is of prime importance? I was hoping the twins would spend their first birthday in Australia/Tasmania but that is a full month and a week after Fred's official duties finish and it would be a long holiday!!!...Tell me what you know oh wise and knowing DRF experts!
__________________
  #300  
Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,243
From reports so far, Mary will stay in Australia while Frederik is in Vietnam. I doubt they will spend Christmas in Australia, that would mean they will spend about a month in Australia (official visit & private visit).
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 394 01-05-2013 03:59 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 406 05-19-2011 06:51 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 07-28-2010 03:26 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009 dazzling Current Events Archive 401 12-15-2009 03:38 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]