General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
General news about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 9
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

thanks for the English version of the series...I loved it even when I can't understand it, how much more when now I can understand what I am saying.

I should not tell you that I had a dream, where I met Prince Frederic in a palace, he being very kind and polite to me, talking to me, smiling, joking, small talk, which made me very happy, and that Princess Mary joined, and that both took leave of me, while I was saying to Prince Frederic: I wish you very many happy returns of the day.

What did they name the twins?

Tilla said:
I should not tell you that I had a dream, where I met Prince Frederic in a palace, he being very kind and polite to me, talking to me, smiling, joking, small talk, which made me very happy, and that Princess Mary joined, and that both took leave of me, while I was saying to Prince Frederic: I wish you very many happy returns of the day.

Funny you should say. I had a dream that CP Mary was a close friend of mine and she introduced me to CP Frederick. He was very cordial to me, though he had some sort of business to see to so our meeting cut short. Nevertheless, he was quite a respectable gentleman.

:previous: Wonder what they call them in front of the staff . . . . Bub 1 and Bub 2, Hansel and Gretel, Tookie and Bob? ;)

Thank you, IsobelMacGregor, for your kind remark. This is really funny. It seems that we had almost the same dream, and a very agreable one. Best regards.

As to the names, I could still propose the following ones: Gundelinde and Heimo.

:previous: Wonder what they call them in front of the staff . . . . Bub 1 and Bub 2, Hansel and Gretel, Tookie and Bob? ;)

If I remember correctly they called Christian "Lillemand" ("Little Man") or "Lilleprins" ("Little Prince") and Isabella was "Lillepige" ("Little Girl"). BTW Lillepige is pronounced lil-lah-pee, not lilla-pig, like I thought when I first read it...;)
I'd imagine they'd call the twins the same thing.

Well, according to BT: Kongelige melder afbud på stribe - Royale - BT.dk
The Swedish, British and Dutch RFs are not going to be represented at the baptism of Elvis and Shirley.
Nor, I understand, is the Norwegian RF.
- That's a pity.

Billed Bladet has an article tomorrow about how the christening is going to be celebrated.

Well, according to BT: Kongelige melder afbud på stribe - Royale - BT.dk
The Swedish, British and Dutch RFs are not going to be represented at the baptism of Elvis and Shirley.
Nor, I understand, is the Norwegian RF.
- That's a pity.

IMHO BT is making a non-story! Why would the British RF suddenly begin to attend Danish RF baptism of eggs no. 3 and 4 considering, that they didn't attend the baptism of Prince Christian in the first place?
As we say in Denmark: ' It's no shame staying away when you're not invited' :) - and I doubt that the BRF found a DRF invitation in their mail!

Hopefully the twins won't be traumatized later in life that their baptism was low profile according to protocol:)! That's the way it is I'm afraid!

Viv

But I don't understand the fact that there have to be royals at every child of the family christening. Why not have it just Danish royals and friends? I would understand the fact that Christian is the heir & Isabella is the spare. I would think it would be nice to just have it family & friends for a change.

There is plenty of detailed DRF stuff in this weeks issue of Billed Bladet!
We have an article about how the christening will be celebrated.
One about a friend of M&F who has had cancer.
An excersize room.
QMII in Afghanistan.
Benedikte.
J&M in Greenland
and our Marie in Billund.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #13, 2011.
Sådan bliver festen - That's how the party will be like.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The celebrations will be in three stages.

Shirley and Elvis will be Christened in Holmens Kirke at 15.30 as you all know. The likable Erik Normann Svendsen will be the priest.
Several hundred guests have been invited to the church, including a large number of children frome the friends and family of M&F.

When the christening is over those guests who are invited to the reception at Amalienborg afterwards will be ferried from the church to Amalienborg.
The guest will be transported in three canal boats (tourist/sightseeing boats) and it will last about an hour. Every boat can accomodate 144 passengers but as they will not be packed to capacity, there should nevertheless be plenty of room for to swing the arms, if they want to.
While the guests are viewing Copenhagen from the sea, the official photos will be taken. So M&F, their nearest family and godparents will not be sailing.

The recption will take place in the Knights Hall/Great Hall at Amalienborg.

At 20.00 there will be a dinner for the family and closest friends in Taffelsalen (the dining hall). 60 people can be seated at the table, but it's doubtful that that many guests will dine at home at M&F.

BB writes that it's more than likely that la Marie will be godmother (fadder) to one of the twins.

Last edited:
But I don't understand the fact that there have to be royals at every child of the family christening. Why not have it just Danish royals and friends?

Ditto! Christian is the heir, that might have been a different situation but now? I would be surprised if other royals attended other than the Danish.

BT informs us that Mary and Frederik will go on a cruise with Dannebrog, for the first time since 2004. (Yes, no mistake. That's what the article says....). ADDED: This is originally from Ritzau.

Kronprinsparret på sommertogt til Jylland - Royale - BT.dk

They will visit the town of Skagen at the nothern most tip of Jutland on 22 August. - The light is fantastic there, and around 1900 a lot of painters flocked to this town.

Then further down the west coast of Jutland to Hanstholm on the 23 August. - A fishing town and about as far away from Copenhagen in every respect as you can get in DK. Mary will get her fair share of problems understanding what the locals are shouting! - If the choose to speak in dialect. And along the north west coast of Jutland, you don't talk, you shout. It's windy there, ya know. :p

They sail on to Hirtshals on the 25. August. Also a fishing town like Hanstholm and very similar in every respect.

Then it's to the east coast of Jutland to Aarhus on the 26. August. In time for the start of the Cultural Week there.

That should please the tourists. Skagen, Hirtshals and Hanstholm are crawling with German and Norwegian tourists at that time of year. - Great beaches nearby.

The details of the visits have not yet been determined nor can the court say anything about whether the children will go as well. At that time of year, the schools will have started and Christian has probably started to attend pre-school.

Last edited:
BT informs us that Mary and Frederik will go on a cruise with Dannebrog, for the first time since 2004.
And what about the cruises in 2006 (to Bornholm) and 2008 (Haderslev, Vojens, Svendborg, Nykøbing Falster)?
I wonder how in this time when everyone can get so easily information from the internet (and every royal house has online calendars and archives) journalists can't get the facts right. Are 5 minutes research in the internet already too much?

Last edited:
And what about the cruises in 2006 (to Bornholm) and 2008 (Haderslev, Vojens, Svendborg, Nykøbing Falster)?
I wonder how in this time when everyone can get so easily information from the internet (and every royal house has online calendars and archives) journalists can't get the facts right. Are 5 minutes research in the internet aleady too much?

These cruises apparantly never took place....:lol:

And the most funny thing is that other papers, even DR1, which is supposed to have competent journalists, have copy-pasted this from Ritzau. - With the same wording. The last time M&F went on a cruise with Dannebrog was in 2004. :whistling:

Last edited:
Yes, apparently I hallucinated them. It happens from time to time..:)

So many within the media are just plain lazy when it comes to the facts. Happens everywhere now I imagine. Which now seems so silly as Ricarda says it is so easy to check on facts. And they wonder why newspaper sales are down.

But I don't understand the fact that there have to be royals at every child of the family christening. Why not have it just Danish royals and friends? I would understand the fact that Christian is the heir & Isabella is the spare. I would think it would be nice to just have it family & friends for a change.

IMO that's how it's going to end up on April 14th!:) and that's fine with me! It won't be as spectacular as the previous baptisms; it could also explain why the ceremony is on a Thursday afternoon (a time when the Danes are heading from from work.) . But of course: normally part of the fun watching these events is to spot the royals and celebs attending :D!

Viv

Hopefully the twins won't be traumatized later in life that their baptism was low profile according to protocol:)! That's the way it is I'm afraid!

Viv

I AM traumatized, but NOT because of the low profile of my baptism. :ermm:
Well, cancel quickly......

IMO that's how it's going to end up on April 14th!:) and that's fine with me! It won't be as spectacular as the previous baptisms; it could also explain why the ceremony is on a Thursday afternoon (a time when the Danes are heading from from work.) . But of course: normally part of the fun watching these events is to spot the royals and celebs attending :D!

Viv

I think that a lot of people who have jobs and who has to come from far will not be present, due to the fact that it is on a Thursday afternoon.
It is the case with CP Mary's siblings, the Berleburgs and the Greek.
Queen Margrethe having birthday on the weekend after the christening
and the fact that a lot of other things will happen in the coming weekends ( f.e Windsor wedding,Berleburg wedding, Monaco wedding) did not give them much space for a weekend christening.
Besides I think it is time for the twins to get their name, so very weird to pick up a date somewhere in September.

I think an intimate ceremony with dear friends is a very nice moment for all present.
So lets stop speculating about the guestlist or the godparents.

Here are two further name propositions: Hugo and Isidor.

You mean Isidora:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
The second episode of the Danish Family documentary (with English subtitles).

SBS Video Player

What was your impression?

I remember there was considerable focus on M&F (Mary incidentally looked great in her sunhat). and their children in this episode.

Does this mean what I think it does?

there should nevertheless be plenty of room for to swing the arms, if they want to.

In America, "bending an elbow" means having a drink. Is this the same idea?
And if not, what does it mean? Thanks

For me that expression is like the "enough room to swing a cat in". So the houses need to be spacious for whatever reason. Unless they're doing pilates perhaps. ;)

Thanks for posting the English translation I am really grateful and enjoyed them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom