General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Duke of Marmalade I think Frederick would be hard work and she does a fabulous job. He is as I have often said extremely fortunate to have met her and as you say she is disciplined and sees this as her job a smart operator bright girl. IMO

It's disappointing that the media jumped all over this with such relish prior to getting all the facts. Not surprising, though..
I'm not sure who broke the story, but rest assured that the republican minded media are jumping at this opportunity!

What's also disappointing to me, though, is that Frederik would put himself and his wife in this position. I won't get into whether it's appropriate for a 42 year old father of four to be out drinking in a club until early morning - IMO, that's a personal issue for M and F to figure out in terms of what's ok in their relationship. If Mary's not bothered by it then it's not an issue. .
I agree -more or less :flowers: - but I'm not sure if we know the whole story and context! IMO the problem with many young/younger royals is that they're basically spoiled brats and that their wish is everyone's command. I never thought for one minute that you can compare a royal marriage with a conventional bourgeois marriage!

The issue here to me is that surely by now Frederik's aware that how things look can cause at least as much trouble as how things actually are. I don't think for one second Frederik would ever do anything inappropriate with another woman - he still clearly adores his wife and, frankly, I'm sure he's aware of just how much he'd stand to lose by going down that road. But that doesn't change the fact that it's the day before his twins' christening and people are now talking about him being drunk at a bar with a blonde at 3 in the morning.
Have to agree on this one too!

Viv

Has it been absolutely confirmed that the guy on the video is Frederik? After seeing the video I cannot confirm it was him. Could've been anyone about the same age. They try to clarify it was Fred with the still images but in them the guy, whoever he is, looks even less like the Crown Prince.

Even if it was him, I didn't see anything particularly indecent. If it was him and the woman (like it has been said) was a close friend of the Crown Prince couple, she might have just been taking care of him and he was goofing around. We don't know the whole story or even if it was him.

Whatever the situation, I find it annoying that this sort of story is being dragged out just before the christening. Someone must really carry a grudge towards the Crown Prince for something. First the Facebook thing and now this... I hope this incident won't ruin tomorrow's occasion.

Fred has been very supportive since the twins were born and looking after the older ones etc. Perhaps Mary hinted he needed a good night out with the lads after the football.
And that is what he did. Had a good time with a little too much to drink IF we believe the reports. Maybe it wasn't even him. But I imagine even an intoxicated Fred wouldn't be dumb enough or crass enough to make a pass at a woman in a public place. I for one don't see anything wrong with a little light flirtation. I am sure whatever the truth is, Fred and Mary have nothing to fear within there marriage.
As far as growing up goes i have never seen an adult intoxicated male behave in a grown up fashion yet.

Tarlita said:
Fred has been very supportive since the twins were born and looking after the older ones etc. Perhaps Mary hinted he needed a good night out with the lads after the football.
And that is what he did. Had a good time with a little too much to drink IF we believe the reports. Maybe it wasn't even him. But I imagine even an intoxicated Fred wouldn't be dumb enough or crass enough to make a pass at a woman in a public place. I for one don't see anything wrong with a little light flirtation. I am sure whatever the truth is, Fred and Mary have nothing to fear within there marriage.
As far as growing up goes i have never seen an adult intoxicated male behave in a grown up fashion yet.

No perhaps he won't make a pass at her but what about her making a pass at him? I don't agree that they have nothing to fear...we don't know the type of person Fred is. This is not the first time something like this has come up so yes I'd say they have a lot to fear. It is possible to not put yourself in this sort of position.

IMO it seems like Fred is searching for something...I'm not sure he's happy with his life. I know he loves his family but he comes off to me as a sad person. He's like a ship that's sailing without direction.

i am inclined to believe nothing happened between frederk and the blonde, but he is not making a good impression here...
of course it is just a superficial judgment, but seeing this video many people would think he is behaving in a silly, teenage like way while he has four children at home. not good, event if it happens to everybody from time to time it is just taht none of us is the cp of denmark, so it makes no scandal...
anyway, after the fb leak, this is the second time sombody sells frederik to the media, so he'd better watch out!

My point exactly :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Way to go, Freddy, with four kids and a high maintenance wife, you need to let off some steam !!:ROFLMAO:

One wonders, however, what the supposedly "media-savvy" Princess Mary thinks of it all....?:whistling:

Surely a guy can go out and let off some steam by having a drink with friends and dance with a mates wife/girlfriend whatever. [He is hardly going to want to dance with his mate - now is he.] Purely SPECULATION on everyones part as we can not know for sure if the man in the video is even Fred. But that won't stop the gossip sheets from making a big deal of it. Mary is smarter than to allow a scandal sheet upset her.

No perhaps he won't make a pass at her but what about her making a pass at him? I don't agree that they have nothing to fear...we don't know the type of person Fred is. This is not the first time something like this has come up so yes I'd say they have a lot to fear. It is possible to not put yourself in this sort of position.

IMO it seems like Fred is searching for something...I'm not sure he's happy with his life. I know he loves his family but he comes off to me as a sad person. He's like a ship that's sailing without direction.

I completely agree with your posts. IMHO CP Frederik is Europe's reluctant heir to the throne. I believe that at some time all of his peers from the PoW to the HGD Guillame have had doubts about their future roles, but they have chosen to accept the challenges and responsibilities of their lives. Right now this behavior is in sharp contrast to the other heirs to the throne who have been or are currently on official or state visits. Now they also go on vacation or spend time with friends, but this isn't the first time CP Frederik has been reported partying into the late hours.

I hope that he finds what he is looking for soon. His nation and his family deserve better from him IMHO.:sad:

:previous: No confirmation is needed. The man in the footage is clearly Frederik. I don't understand how people can't tell it's him...

In any case, it hasn't taken very long for the Aussie media to run with the story. It's already made coverage on our morning news and is now online.

'Mary Forgotten'

Prince Frederik filmed dancing with blonde

Last edited:
IMO the problem with many young/younger royals is that they're basically spoiled brats and that their wish is everyone's command. I never thought for one minute that you can compare a royal marriage with a conventional bourgeois marriage!

I've never considered Frederik bratty - that's not the vibe I get from him - but I think when that generation of royalty is considered you get a group of people that on the one hand has been allowed to participate extensively in a day to day normal life but on the other hand has always had the protective buffer of extreme privilege. So you wind up with someone who takes it as his due that he should be able to go out to a club and act a bit like an arse after drinking too much just like everyone else does... but who may not have very many people in his life who will come right out and tell him if they think he did something stupid.

However, I don't think Mary would hesitate to tell him if she thought he'd done something stupid and I get the impression from things Frederik himself has said that he deeply values her good opinion. The bad part about a story like this, I think, is that it impacts Frederik's family just as much as it does him so if Mary IS upset I hope she does tell him, in no uncertain terms.

I think this has been blown way out of proportion and I refuse to believe there was any ill will intended on Frederick's behalf.

In other news, I am very happy to see four of the family preparing for the christening.

Last edited:
I still think it is a storm in a tea cup or should that be whiskey cup. None of us know the circumstances here and yet the mags have proclaimed the worst. The blonde looks suspiciously like Caroline Brockdorff. Doesn't matter if she isn't, surely he can have a drink with friends. The dancing clearly isn't serious as they both have glasses in their hands. Nothing to agonise over I'm sure. Mary has always been okay with Fred having a night out before as we've seen in the past. It doesn't happen often and once in a while is surely okay. Just that in his position it always gets reported.

You either trust your spouse or you don't. There is no in between. They both go out without each other at times. Do we know if Mary's brother was with him? They have tons of friends. It could be anyone known to both of them. I am not going to make a mountain out of an anthill.

My hubby goes out every Wednesday night for Boy's Night Out. I have no problem with it at all. He needs time away from me just as I need time away from him. Just to bad he was caught.

Frederik is the crownprince of Denmark. He is only a breath away from being the King. He certainly has every right to live his life a he pleases but the people of Denmark also has the right to know who this next regent is. If Frederik was concerned about his reputation or image he simply has to do what we all do. Behave in a way that reflects who you are and who you want people to assume you are. This is simply life. Frederik is out partying and there is not much to say about it. He is charge of his life and his image and reputation.

i agree with you.

maybe he was joking, or something like that... i don't think fred is so stupid to do this sort of things days before the christening.

what i really care is the fact that he is a member of the international olympic commitee... an athlete gettin' drunk???? i don't think so. this affects his image as the crown prince, as a husband and father of 4 kids, and as a sports lover, athlete and member of the ioc. think about that...

Poor girl she really does look unhappy. I wonder if she needed a nap?

or maybe she was hungry... kids do stuff like that when they're hungry...

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not invited says CP Frederik!

I've forgotten which was the original thread, but mod is welcome to merge:

BB reporter Trine Larsen recently intercepted CP Frederik i London, where he was attending a meeting. He was apparently asked about the UK royal wedding and said:' No we are not going to the wedding. As they say it's no shame staying away when you're not invited (Danish saying). As far as I know only the heads of state are invited.'

Muhler I don't intend to usurp your excellent job as translator. But I just picked up the new issue of BB and seized the opportunity!

Viv

Last edited:
I've forgotten which was the original thread, but mod is welcome to merge:

BB reporter Trine Larsen recently intercepted CP Frederik i London, where he was attending a meeting. He was apparently asked about the UK royal wedding and said:' No we are not going to the wedding. As they say it's no shame staying away when you're not invited (Danish saying). As far as I know only the heads of states are invited.'

Muhler I don't intent to usurp your excellent job as translator. But I just picked up the new issue of BB and seized the opportunity!

Viv

Thanks Viv, :flowers:

I understand there is an interview of Frederik in this weeks issue. It'll be interesting to learn what he has to say.

I must admit that I fail to see the logic in how the BRF handle invitations to this wedding.

Frederik is the crownprince of Denmark. He is only a breath away from being the King. He certainly has every right to live his life a he pleases but the people of Denmark also has the right to know who this next regent is. If Frederik was concerned about his reputation or image he simply has to do what we all do. Behave in a way that reflects who you are and who you want people to assume you are. This is simply life. Frederik is out partying and there is not much to say about it. He is charge of his life and his image and reputation.

You have a point, to some degree. He should be very aware of what he is doing.
However Frederik so much resemble his grandfather, Frederik IX, who also went out with the "boys" from time to time after he got married. It was generally known that they didn't always drink lemonade...
And yet he was well liked and considered folksy.
If Frederik stayed at home every night and always behaved correctly then I think the general public would find him less endearing. Simply because it's difficult to relate to someone without faults or who never make mistakes.
It's that strange pyscology whch says that people who are/behave perfectly are annoying.

There's only one category for these kind of none stories:Bullocks!Seriously!!Really...!!:whistling::ermm:

As predicted BT continue with the saga, the angling has now slightly shifted, so they are now siding with Frederik. - I should like to see both Se & Hør and BT stew in Presselogen this Sunday. (Presselogen is a programme dealing with press ethics. Unfortunately the editors in chief are now getting seasoned, but it still happens that they wriggle in the "hot chair" when they get some heat. To my personal delight).

Udråbt som 'stangstiv' - vennen glatter ud - Royale - BT.dk

Frederik's very good friend, Jeppe Handwerk has made the very unusual step to call BT and explain:
Hun arbejder i mit firma, og hun er en nær ven af mig og min hustru,
- "She's working in my company and she's a close friend of me and my wife".

The woman:
, arbejder i Handwerks firma Copenhagen Group. Her arbejder den blonde pige, der blev student fra Nærum Gymnasium i 2006, som assistent i administrationen, mens hun er ved at færdiggøre sin bachelor i international virksomhedskommunikation på Copenhagen Business School.
Og som ven af Handwerk-familien har hun også mødt kronprins Frederik,

- works in Handwerk's firm, Copenhagen Group. Here the blonde girl, who graduated from Nærum Gymnasium (high school) in 2006, works as an assistant in the administration, while finishing her bachelor degree in international business communication at Copenhagen Business School. And as a friend of the Handwerk family, she has also met Crown Prince Frederik.

He will, of consideration to his employee, not say more about her.

So that's it. A non story.
- But the editors of the tabloids are nevertheless tap-dancing with joy....

Last edited:
I watched the clip again and showed it to hubby as well. I really don't understand why such a scandal out of nothing. I think it is more than probable that Mary was okay with the whole thing and might have actually told him he should go out with friends. Our interpretation of the video is that sure, the guy in it is clearly intoxicated but nothing really happens in the video. He seems to be greeting his friends in it. At least in Finland women tend to greet their friends by giving them a hug, especially when they are slightly intoxicated (explaining the arm around his neck). After he greets the woman he seems to be hugging his male friend and whispers (or more like 'shouts') something to him. Again, nothing sinister there. The music was probably loud. I would say he knows the two people well. As someone already said, I'd be more worried about the music in the bar. Seems they're stuck somewhere in the 1990s'... :lol:

I watched the clip again and showed it to hubby as well. I really don't understand why such a scandal out of nothing. I think it is more than probable that Mary was okay with the whole thing and might have actually told him he should go out with friends. Our interpretation of the video is that sure, the guy in it is clearly intoxicated but nothing really happens in the video. He seems to be greeting his friends in it. At least in Finland women tend to greet their friends by giving them a hug, especially when they are slightly intoxicated (explaining the arm around his neck). After he greets the woman he seems to be hugging his male friend and whispers (or more like 'shouts') something to him. Again, nothing sinister there. The music was probably loud. I would say he knows the two people well. As someone already said, I'd be more worried about the music in the bar. Seems they're stuck somewhere in the 1990s'... :lol:
Also here in DK :lol:

:previous: I think that could be considered somewhat of a universal form of greeting when a lady has been a little too liberal with the spirits :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom