The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Łódz, Poland
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Which of the men is Mary's brother?
man in a cap
__________________

__________________
  #82  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
He looks just like her.
__________________

__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #83  
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,100
Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary har fået en Mini

As M&F have now moved to town, they have aquired a city car. A mini. Similar to the one in the pic. Their's is cafe-latte-colored, whatever color that is... With a white roof.

There isn't room for the entire family in this pretty discreet car, only for Christian and Isabella.

Mary is still using her red Saab.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #84  
Old 04-12-2011, 04:34 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
I thought she would've upgraded by now.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #85  
Old 04-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,100
Oookay, as this is going to end up in the tabloids anyway, and certainly on the cover of Se & Hør tomorrow, we might just as well deal with it.

According the the tabloid BT, someone filmed a somewhat intoxicated Frederik dancing with a blonde at his favourite disco at 03.30 in the morning. That clip has been sold to the gossip mag Se & Hør, which is going to milk that story to the last drop.

The owner of the disco, Simons, is pretty furious, as the dico prides itself of being a discreet sanctury for who's who. For that same reason photographing and filming is stricktly forbidden on the premesis.

Here are a couple of articles about the whole thing from BT: Hvem filmede fulde Frede: Nu jager de muldvarpen - Royale - BT.dk
There is a link to the clip in bottom of the article, you can judge for yourself whether you think it really is Frederik. Because the owner of the disco will not confirm anything.

In this link, which is also about the incident: Fuld kronprins på diskotek før barnedåb - Royale - BT.dk
The most interesting bit are the comments. Which can be summarized to either: Get real!, BT are hippocrites, and is that Frederik at all?

I've looked at the clip and yeah it looks like Frederik and he indeed looks somewhat intoxicated and he is dancing, if you can call that dancing, with a woman who happens to be blond.
He is not groping her, they are not kissing, they don't look particularly initmate to me, so.... Where is the potential scandal?
As far as I know it isn't illegal to be intoxicated nor is it illegal, or for that matter considered immoral, to dance with a woman at a disco without your wife being around.
For heavens sake, it's a place where he comes fairly often and he (and Mary) probably knows a very large percentage of the people who go there. Hardly the best place to have an affair, eh? - I mean, how many nanoseconds do you think would pass before someone told Mary if there was something in this story?

Mary go out with her friends sometimes and Frederik go out with his friends sometimes. That's hardly uncommon for people who are married.
Wasn't it last year that Mary, or was it our Marie, went to a party with her friends and a man and the tabloids wrote about it? That was a juicy story! There was just a little catch: The man, Dennis Knudsen, is gay.

Judging from the warm and loving bodylanguage M&F display, also when they are not aware of photographers, I very much doubt Frederik was on "grisebassen" = fooling around.

Was it a bright thing to do? I don't know. I just know people make mistakes.
Will Mary be hopping mad or will she shake her head overbearingly? Your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, the gossip rags are going to write about this anyway....
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #86  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Thanks Muhler

Will be interesting to see how the story unfolds and the response it receives in Australian media and amongst posters on this forum.

For certain it's Frederik and the woman in the video certainly seems content to get touchy with him. Whoever she is. Though he ambraces a man as well so my estimation is that they are all friends. It would certainly appear that way.

To be honest, seeing Frederik beyond his official position does not interest me in the slightest. It's not an image of him I care to see as I'm only interested in the man's ability to perform his public duty and the duty to his family.

Certainly though, one must ask, when does a man of 42 stop hitting the clubs. No one admires a 'Peter Pan'..

Though I'm more concerned that the progression of Denmark's dance music has seemingly come to a halt .lol.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #87  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Florencia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *, Argentina
Posts: 560
I feel sorry for princess Mary and the children, they don't deserve this treatment. As much I like prince Frederik I found his behaviour unjustifiable. I am very dissapointed with him. I am sorry, maybe I am very old-fashioned about relationships and marriage.
__________________
  #88  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,196
For some reason I can't open the link...very strange.

I don't have a problem when one half of a couple (royal or not) goes out for a good time with friends as long as they remember they are married and don't embarass themselves or their spouse.

That being said...I don't know what happened with Fred and the blonde but I do know that I am disappointed that he left himself open for such a discussion (having too much too drink, being caught in a compromising position even if nothing has happened, etc.). Anything can be miscontrued nowadays with the press. Also, its very sad that this comes out a day before the Christening with now the press will be extra fierce looking for a sign of a strain in Mary. Frankly, she doesn't need or deserve that. No wife does.
__________________
.

  #89  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Certainly though, one must ask, when does a man of 42 stop hitting the clubs. No one admires a 'Peter Pan'..
You've got a point! There are not that many alternatives for, ahem, middleaged gentlemen. Either the discos are for the young. And I personally feel bl..dy silly when asking a girl in her twenties to dance. Knowing perfectly well, she's only doing it to please "that old man".
Or the discos are for the older and desperate! And no decent man dare venture into such a place for fear of having his pants ripped off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Though I'm more concerned that the progression of Denmark's dance music has seemingly come to a halt .lol.
What music? That ain't music. Dire Straits were among the last to compose decent music.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #90  
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You've got a point! There are not that many alternatives for, ahem, middleaged gentlemen. Either the discos are for the young. And I personally feel bl..dy silly when asking a girl in her twenties to dance. Knowing perfectly well, she's only doing it to please "that old man".
Or the discos are for the older and desperate! And no decent man dare venture into such a place for fear of having his pants ripped off...
Hahaha, oh Muhler!

Middle aged men attempting to get their dance on, sleazing over anything with two legs and women resembling mutton dressed as lamb, stalking whichever younger man gives them a glance. It's just all so...creepy.lol.

It's off to the fine food, good wine and card playing evenings at a trusted friends manor for Frederik, I think


Quote:
What music? That ain't music. Dire Straits were among the last to compose decent music.
'Dire Straits'! No pun intended?...lol. Could this correspondance get any better?!
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #91  
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,100
Well, it appears we can start to deflate the story.

HEY tabloids! Pay attention!!

Sandheden om Fredes 'villige blondine' - Royale - BT.dk

A number of BT readers have contacted the paper and told who the woman is.

The woman is a close friend of Mary and Frederik. And Starlounge have contacted a friend of the woman, who has explained to Starlounge:

Hun er en god ven af både Frederik og Mary. De har kendt hinanden længe. Det kunne ikke være mere forkert, at hun skulle være villig, eller at han lagde an på hende. Musikken var høj, så de har lænet sig ind mod hinanden, når de har talt sammen. Der er intet i det. Hun er meget ked af det,

- "She's a good friend of both Frederik and Mary. They have known each other for a long time. It could not be more wrong (to suggest) that she should be willing or that he made a pass on her. The music was loud, so they have leaned against each other, when they spoke together. There is nothing in it. She is very sorry (of the story)".

She has, according to BT's sources, several times before joined Frederik and his freinds, when they were at the disco, Simons.

I haven't checked Starlounge.

So here we are, in the vain hope that Se & Hør will write a correction. (If you believe they will, then I've got an Eiffeltower for sale)!
Or that foreign tabloids won't decide to "overlook" this elaboration and fall for the temptation to go ahead with a more juicy version of this story....
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #92  
Old 04-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
It looked as though Frederik was on either a second or mezzanine level? An area Id' have imagined would be reserved for a VIP and their entourage?

Makes you think about the person who took the footage and of what social standing they may infact hold themselves. Furthermore, what it is they were/are attempting to acheive by selling the footage.

Ethics, anyone?
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #93  
Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
It looked as though Frederik was on either a second or mezzanine level? An area Id' have imagined would be reserved for a VIP and their entourage?

Makes you think about the person who took the footage and of what social standing they may infact hold themselves. Furthermore, what it is they were/are attempting to acheive by selling the footage.

Ethics, anyone?
Easy to answer: Sow a little malice.

The owner of the disco is on the lookout for whoever filmed Frederik, and as they have guestlists, the number of candidates should be fairly limited and that person will be barred from the disco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
'Dire Straits'! No pun intended?...lol. Could this correspondance get any better?!
Honestly, no. But perhaps Heavy Fuel would have been appropriate?
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #94  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
sofajr's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Petrozavodsk, Russia
Posts: 1,191
Family checked the church before christening:

Her øver Mary og Frede barnedåben - Royale - BT.dk
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...nralprove.aspx
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=114920
__________________
  #95  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Whether there is any truth to Frederik and a blond woman is perhaps not as relevant as to why a married man with two infants, a toddler and young child at home is out partying at 3.30am.
__________________
  #96  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 AM
nwinther's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Varde, Denmark
Posts: 200
I would like to see this in my thread about press ethics etc. regarding the DRF.

BT bought the story lock stock and barrel (as did Se & Hør - no surprise there though).

Now they make the usual flip-flop and do the "Frederik treated unfairly by Se & Hør"-thingy, washing their hands in the process.

I looked at the video (if it can be called that) and could barely recognize CPF it was so dark and blurry. Didn't see any blonde woman and only saw him hug a dude seemingly to say something to him. But the whole thing was so shaken and blurred that it was impossible to get anything from any of it.

Why it would be the basis of a story in any media is beyond me.
__________________
  #97  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 958
Strange. Not long ago someone revealed Frederik's facebook pseudonym and now this video obviously made by someone with close access to Frederik (I assume even in a disco it isn't that easy to get so close to the cp). Just a coincidence or the same person?

This isn't the first time the media came up with such gossip, involving innocent thirds.
I remember something similiar when Frederik was in Australia some years (?) ago and then it turned out the girl was one of Mary's close friends.

Quote:
Whether there is any truth to Frederik and a blond woman is perhaps not as relevant as to why a married man with two infants, a toddler and young child at home is out partying at 3.30am.
No, the truth is always the most relevant thing.
What Frederik does in his privacy and why is none of our business (btw one reason could be that he was invited by a friend). And I think it's alarming how the media has now violated his right to privacy (and that of others) twice in a short time.
__________________
  #98  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
I would like to see this in my thread about press ethics etc. regarding the DRF.

BT bought the story lock stock and barrel (as did Se & Hør - no surprise there though).

Now they make the usual flip-flop and do the "Frederik treated unfairly by Se & Hør"-thingy, washing their hands in the process.

I looked at the video (if it can be called that) and could barely recognize CPF it was so dark and blurry. Didn't see any blonde woman and only saw him hug a dude seemingly to say something to him. But the whole thing was so shaken and blurred that it was impossible to get anything from any of it.

Why it would be the basis of a story in any media is beyond me.
Look closer, at the begining, there is a blonde woman.

http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Frederik%20fuld.aspx
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #99  
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
For some reason I can't open the link...very strange.

I don't have a problem when one half of a couple (royal or not) goes out for a good time with friends as long as they remember they are married and don't embarass themselves or their spouse.

That being said...I don't know what happened with Fred and the blonde but I do know that I am disappointed that he left himself open for such a discussion (having too much too drink, being caught in a compromising position even if nothing has happened, etc.). Anything can be miscontrued nowadays with the press. Also, its very sad that this comes out a day before the Christening with now the press will be extra fierce looking for a sign of a strain in Mary. Frankly, she doesn't need or deserve that. No wife does.
Neither could I, you can find a direct link to the page with the video at seoghoer.dk HERE.
  #100  
Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 AM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Family checked the church before christening:

Her øver Mary og Frede barnedåben - Royale - BT.dk
I know that the choir of Holmens Kirke has been there today, so I bet that the CPC have heard the music for tomorrow :)
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
frederik, frederik & mary, general news thread, mary


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 394 01-05-2013 04:59 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 480 12-15-2011 08:10 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 393 03-27-2011 08:17 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]