General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm curious to know what you think of the third episode of the Tv-documentary.
The reason for that is that you of course look at it with different eyes than we Danes.

Last edited:
Did anyone happen to record the first episode?...I missed it :(

I've really enjoyed the documentary so far - very interesting. Prince Joachim and Marie are becoming favorites of mine!!!. They seem to be quite down to earth, and the way she reacted after she accidentally swore was really funny!! (Bad Marie!! :p ) :LOL:

I enjoyed the third episode the most so far.
The Queen continues to impress me with her wise, matter-of-fact deportment and natural dipomacy, especially with her husband, brillant.
I was also taken with the way Mary reacted to the orphan stroking her, just a bit over the limit of "typical" behavior, but M showed no signs of discomfort or shirking away. Quite impressive, her actions speak louder than words.
It was also nice to see the young princes Felix and Nicholi, and the marvelous scenery of Greenland.

We've seen these documentaries before though, right? I feel like I've seen them before.

:previous:The documentaries have English subtitles? I will probably watch it then:)

We have seen these before, but not in English! I am enjoying this second chance to see these and understand what's going on. Thanks for continuing to post the links.

I like how they take us back and forth from the planning of events to the actual event itself. I loved Marie and Joachim laughing at getting the order of the name of their son mixed up and Joachim helping his older boys get dressed for the christening.

The scenery on the boat ride that Fred and Mary took to visit the orphans...what beauty! I liked seeing F & M with these children and how relaxed they were with them.

Saturday the 9th April CP Frederik and Prince Christian went to a footballmatch in Parken. I think that John Donaldson Jr. is with them.

yes, it's CP Mary's brother John :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its great that Mary's brother John has some time off to spend at least a week with his sister before the christening. John hasn't always had the chance to come to Denmark for some of the important events so its great that he is there now.
I enjoyed the third documentary, but had hoped to see the ball in Greenland where Mary danced with the PM? not sure what his title was at the time.
If Fred goes jogging with ziggy in town perhaps there is a chance for tourists to chance upon them. If I were a tourist I would be thrilled to see him jog by. But without ziggy I bet I wouldn't recognise Fred. To me he would just look like another jogger and I probably wouldn't take any notice.

Nice to see John back in Denmark. Perhaps 'safe' (?) to assume he will be a godparent...

Great seeing Frederik taking Christian to a match & spending some time with his son, also good seeing Mary's brother with them.

Is there a link in you tube to see them?
Thank you

Which of the men is Mary's brother?

Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary har fået en Mini

As M&F have now moved to town, they have aquired a city car. A mini. Similar to the one in the pic. Their's is cafe-latte-colored, whatever color that is... With a white roof.

There isn't room for the entire family in this pretty discreet car, only for Christian and Isabella.

Mary is still using her red Saab.

I thought she would've upgraded by now.

Oookay, as this is going to end up in the tabloids anyway, and certainly on the cover of Se & Hør tomorrow, we might just as well deal with it.

According the the tabloid BT, someone filmed a somewhat intoxicated Frederik dancing with a blonde at his favourite disco at 03.30 in the morning. That clip has been sold to the gossip mag Se & Hør, which is going to milk that story to the last drop.

The owner of the disco, Simons, is pretty furious, as the dico prides itself of being a discreet sanctury for who's who. For that same reason photographing and filming is stricktly forbidden on the premesis.

Here are a couple of articles about the whole thing from BT: Hvem filmede fulde Frede: Nu jager de muldvarpen - Royale - BT.dk
There is a link to the clip in bottom of the article, you can judge for yourself whether you think it really is Frederik. Because the owner of the disco will not confirm anything.

In this link, which is also about the incident: Fuld kronprins på diskotek før barnedåb - Royale - BT.dk
The most interesting bit are the comments. Which can be summarized to either: Get real!, BT are hippocrites, and is that Frederik at all?

I've looked at the clip and yeah it looks like Frederik and he indeed looks somewhat intoxicated and he is dancing, if you can call that dancing, with a woman who happens to be blond.
He is not groping her, they are not kissing, they don't look particularly initmate to me, so.... Where is the potential scandal?
As far as I know it isn't illegal to be intoxicated nor is it illegal, or for that matter considered immoral, to dance with a woman at a disco without your wife being around.
For heavens sake, it's a place where he comes fairly often and he (and Mary) probably knows a very large percentage of the people who go there. Hardly the best place to have an affair, eh? - I mean, how many nanoseconds do you think would pass before someone told Mary if there was something in this story?

Mary go out with her friends sometimes and Frederik go out with his friends sometimes. That's hardly uncommon for people who are married.
Wasn't it last year that Mary, or was it our Marie, went to a party with her friends and a man and the tabloids wrote about it? That was a juicy story! There was just a little catch: The man, Dennis Knudsen, is gay.

Judging from the warm and loving bodylanguage M&F display, also when they are not aware of photographers, I very much doubt Frederik was on "grisebassen" = fooling around.

Was it a bright thing to do? I don't know. I just know people make mistakes.
Will Mary be hopping mad or will she shake her head overbearingly? Your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, the gossip rags are going to write about this anyway....

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler :)

Will be interesting to see how the story unfolds and the response it receives in Australian media and amongst posters on this forum.

For certain it's Frederik and the woman in the video certainly seems content to get touchy with him. Whoever she is. Though he ambraces a man as well so my estimation is that they are all friends. It would certainly appear that way.

To be honest, seeing Frederik beyond his official position does not interest me in the slightest. It's not an image of him I care to see as I'm only interested in the man's ability to perform his public duty and the duty to his family.

Certainly though, one must ask, when does a man of 42 stop hitting the clubs. No one admires a 'Peter Pan'..

Though I'm more concerned that the progression of Denmark's dance music has seemingly come to a halt .lol. :D

Last edited:
I feel sorry for princess Mary and the children, they don't deserve this treatment. As much I like prince Frederik I found his behaviour unjustifiable. I am very dissapointed with him. I am sorry, maybe I am very old-fashioned about relationships and marriage.

Last edited:
For some reason I can't open the link...very strange.

I don't have a problem when one half of a couple (royal or not) goes out for a good time with friends as long as they remember they are married and don't embarass themselves or their spouse.

That being said...I don't know what happened with Fred and the blonde but I do know that I am disappointed that he left himself open for such a discussion (having too much too drink, being caught in a compromising position even if nothing has happened, etc.). Anything can be miscontrued nowadays with the press. Also, its very sad that this comes out a day before the Christening with now the press will be extra fierce looking for a sign of a strain in Mary. Frankly, she doesn't need or deserve that. No wife does.

Certainly though, one must ask, when does a man of 42 stop hitting the clubs. No one admires a 'Peter Pan'..
:lol: You've got a point! There are not that many alternatives for, ahem, middleaged gentlemen. Either the discos are for the young. And I personally feel bl..dy silly when asking a girl in her twenties to dance. Knowing perfectly well, she's only doing it to please "that old man". :p
Or the discos are for the older and desperate! And no decent man dare venture into such a place for fear of having his pants ripped off...:hiding:

Though I'm more concerned that the progression of Denmark's dance music has seemingly come to a halt .lol. :D

What music? That ain't music. Dire Straits were among the last to compose decent music. ;)

:lol: You've got a point! There are not that many alternatives for, ahem, middleaged gentlemen. Either the discos are for the young. And I personally feel bl..dy silly when asking a girl in her twenties to dance. Knowing perfectly well, she's only doing it to please "that old man". :p
Or the discos are for the older and desperate! And no decent man dare venture into such a place for fear of having his pants ripped off...:hiding:

Hahaha, oh Muhler! :D

Middle aged men attempting to get their dance on, sleazing over anything with two legs and women resembling mutton dressed as lamb, stalking whichever younger man gives them a glance. It's just all so...creepy.lol.

It's off to the fine food, good wine and card playing evenings at a trusted friends manor for Frederik, I think ;)

What music? That ain't music. Dire Straits were among the last to compose decent music.

'Dire Straits'! No pun intended?...lol. Could this correspondance get any better?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom