The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

Welcome to
General news about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 8
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

Old 10-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Are these two the same person? Maybe the nanny of Christian

June 2010 * October 2010

Old 10-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post

June 2010 * October 2010

I think you are rigth that it migth be the same lady on both picturs..

Old 10-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post

June 2010 * October 2010
Good eye! Looks like the same person to me, too.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Either a nanny or Mary's Personal Assistant.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the same, it look the same person! like Christian nanny?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Either a nanny or Mary's Personal Assistant.
Mary doesn't have a PA...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Courtier

PA=Lady in waiting?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
PA=Lady in waiting?
No, personal assistant -- probably in the sense of unofficial duties, but apparently we would know if she had one because the position would be part of their household if I understand correctly. I can imagine that a PA would be quite useful to Mary if only to run errands and such but I do not know how a royal household is run (and sadly never will ).
Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

sadly like you said we will never know how is run a royal household, what a pity becasue could dbe something very interested to learn!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
No, personal assistant -- probably in the sense of unofficial duties, but apparently we would know if she had one because the position would be part of their household if I understand correctly. I can imagine that a PA would be quite useful to Mary if only to run errands and such but I do not know how a royal household is run (and sadly never will ).
That's what her staff is for.
If Mary and Frederik need new socks, it will be Mary's maid or Frederik's valet who will take care of that. That shouldn't be a big problem.
The same thing would apply to soap, deodorants and other not too personal items. The staff will take care of it.
I can just imagine that it would be more practical and fun for Mary from time to time to just go shopping/browsing for, in this case, toys rather than selecting something from a catalogue or on the Net. And then tell a nanny to go buy it for her.

The closest thing to a personal assistent Mary has will be her LiW's or maid. And in Frederik's case, his valet. - They are the ones who will deal with, among other things, the most personal items.

To put it bluntly and in a way everybody can understand: What will a royal do if he needs contraception? Pop down to the chemist himself? Nah.
Ask his doctor? Who could be semi-fossilised, be a friend of the family and having no imagination. Not necessarily.
Ask his valet? Who may go and buy a wide selection of condoms, put them somewhere and ask no questions. More likely, eh?

It's similar with a female royal. She will most likely turn to her maid or LiW.
Alexandra made the mistake once to trust someone who wasn't bound by the official secrets act, so the purchase of a very personal item suddenly popped up in a tabloid.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

it would be ineresting to see wht the "secret's acts" say
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
it would be ineresting to see wht the "secret's acts" say
Eh, perhaps more correctly a letter of confidence. Those employed by the court, i.e. the official staff are required to sign a letter of confidence - similar to most civil servants or other public employees who have access to sensitive information about other people. (I've signed a few myself, even on the very low levels I worked in back then).

If they breach that confidence and give away personal informations about the DRF, which has not been approved by the DRF, they commit a criminal offence.
It's not just a matter of a civil lawsuit.
They are criminals and it won't do just to publish say a book in another country. They will be wanted criminals.

Apart from any personal embarrasment to the DRF it's also a matter of having a working relationship with their staff. That is hardly possible unless their is a certain amount of trust.

Another and more omnious reason for these measures is of course security. If a staff member can't keep his big mouth shut in regards to gossip about the DRF, chances are that he can't keep quiet about security either. - So believe me, it's the big hammer that will be used, should anyone breach the confidence.

In Alexandra's case it was a private employee of Joachim and Alexandra, not a staff member. As such the person in question had not signed a letter of confidence. And while that person was very disloyal it was decided not to take the matter to court, where in my opinion Alexandra no doubt would have won a lawsuit.

The stakes are much higher for court employees. Most likely a (and pretty hefty) jail sentence. No jobs, let alone a futire career, in the public service will be possible. (Except perhaps as a cleaner.) A criminal record. No pension. No unemployment benefit.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler, Thank you so much for your inside, i think it is interested this kind of contracts becasue I belive celebreties here they have the same thing with thier employyes and i am thinking all people with money probably has a simillar contract, if one day I became wealthy I would do the same, this and the way they preserve their assets and jewellery it is a matter of interesnt becasue it is amazing thught the years and generation they keep evreything! I think it is ammater of studay. If may I ask what the employed of Alexander said about her buying???????
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Muhler, Thank you so much for your inside, i think it is interested this kind of contracts becasue I belive celebreties here they have the same thing with thier employyes and i am thinking all people with money probably has a simillar contract, if one day I became wealthy I would do the same, this and the way they preserve their assets and jewellery it is a matter of interesnt becasue it is amazing thught the years and generation they keep evreything! I think it is ammater of studay. If may I ask what the employed of Alexander said about her buying???????
Yes, but the differnece is that breaching such a contract as mentioned above is matter for a civil lawsuit.
A Danish court employee who is breaching a letter of confidence, is committing a criminal offence, a felony I believe you would call in USA. Not a mere misdemeanor. (spl?)
- Which is different from a contract of confidence, which some companies and people also use here in DK. (The general rule of loyalty to your employer is often considered enough).
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler , you are a very knowloge person, and I am glad you are here in this forum to inform us better, between royals and celebrities it is a big difference one thing is to breach security for the royals and another thing is to tell the tabloids private gosspis about the celebrities, if I am not wrong once Nicole Kidman sew her nannie, or maid for publishing private staff from her and then Tom Cruise, afterwards I don't remember what happen but in the case of Mary, Fred and the kids it is more serius staff involve , the saftey of them I imagine the contracts and the investigation of the personal that they work for the them it is very strict. I was thinking how they maintain private all visit to the doctors not only in this case that Mary is pregnant but the kids they need to be seeing by a doctor every so often , vactinations, etc...... some blood ttests, Xrays etx...... , certenly it is a facinating life they have!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Muhler , you are a very knowloge person, and I am glad you are here in this forum to inform us better, between royals and celebrities it is a big difference one thing is to breach security for the royals and another thing is to tell the tabloids private gosspis about the celebrities, if I am not wrong once Nicole Kidman sew her nannie, or maid for publishing private staff from her and then Tom Cruise, afterwards I don't remember what happen but in the case of Mary, Fred and the kids it is more serius staff involve , the saftey of them I imagine the contracts and the investigation of the personal that they work for the them it is very strict. I was thinking how they maintain private all visit to the doctors not only in this case that Mary is pregnant but the kids they need to be seeing by a doctor every so often , vactinations, etc...... some blood ttests, Xrays etx...... , certenly it is a facinating life they have!
Thank you, I blush.

Yes, it sure is a fascinating life.
Do you know Mad magazine? With all the satirical comics?
They once had a definition of how you could grade people in regards to their status by how they were treated if they became ill.
If you are pretty far down the ladder, you are placed at the end of the queue at the doctor's office.
If you are pretty much up there, you are placed as the first in queue.
If you are really on top, the doctors queue outside your bedroom door.
- I guess the last example to a large extent is the case with royals.

To be serious, the DRF have their own doctors, who function as their personal general practician. Just like the vast majority of Danes. - (That's part of the public healthcare system. Otherwise you have to pay for your appointment).
Anyway, their doctors are of course bound by their professional confidentiality in regards to their patients.
If a member of the DRF have to see a dentist, they simply make an appointment at a time where the clinic is closed or will be closed for other patients. No big deal.
Something similar applies when they need to go to a hospital. Most hospitals have countless entrances, so it's not difficult to get in and out unnoticed. In fact a relative of mine, who worked at a hospital, once almost bumped into Prince Henrik, when he was quietly leaving the hospital via a back entrance. Most likely he had been there for a check-up. (Perhaps his back).
In most cases the doctors simply go to the palace, for anything that doesn't require cumbersome or advanced equipment.

And doctors can be pretty unimpressed. QMII was told by her doctor to, and I quote: "Shut up"! when she gave birth to Frederik, I believe it was. (That story is from a biography somewhere).
Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday evening, November 2nd, Crown Prince Frederik watched the
soccer match of the FC Copenhagen against the FC Barcelona, it
ended 1:1 Here are some articles including some pics:

** Billed-Bladet: Kronprins Frederik jublede i Parken **

** ekstrabladet.dk: Frede tippede uafgjort **

** sporten.dk: Kronprinsen: Håber på N'Doye **
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Frederik apparently with his friends jumped up cheering from their heat VIP seats according to the BB article when a goal was scored.
Thanks Iceflower for the articles & pic's
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Frederik apparently with his friends jumped up cheering from their heat VIP seats according to the BB article when a goal was scored.
Thanks Iceflower for the articles & pic's
Didn't we all ! Great soccer match!