General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not details released from the family, we have had all sorts of experts interviewed, with all types of information. I don't know how many times, I have seen a discussion on royal weddings in the last few weeks.
This will just get worse in the new two months.

This is not details released from the family, we have had all sorts of experts interviewed, with all types of information. I don't know how many times, I have seen a discussion on royal weddings in the last few weeks.
This will just get worse in the new two months.

What do you mean? :ermm:

I think they were talking about the Wedding in the UK :)

Just slightly off topic. Has anyone seen any pics of Mary and Fred out with the twins ? We used to see photos of Mary pushing the pram with Isabella and Christian - anyways, just wondered :)

Just slightly off topic. Has anyone seen any pics of Mary and Fred out with the twins ? We used to see photos of Mary pushing the pram with Isabella and Christian - anyways, just wondered :)

I suspect its prrobably a bit early for the young babies to be heading out in the cold winter weather.

It is extremely cold in Denmark atm & since the little princess had the cold a while ago, I guess they're careful with bringing them out :)

Last edited:
Twin Princess Hospitalized!

Denmark

Thankfully she will be fine but scary none the less! Get well soon lillepige!

I don't mean to sound bad or anything, but I haven't had a child yet, so is having a cold so young a really serious thing? I know the immune system isn't fully developed yet.

I don't mean to sound bad or anything, but I haven't had a child yet, so is having a cold so young a really serious thing? I know the immune system isn't fully developed yet.

Usually no, if the child is otherwise healthy.
You'll be in for a shock the first time your child will get a fever, believe me! They always get a high fever at that age.

I understand Shirley had a cold and it can be bad enough for us adults when we have mucus in the lungs and have to cough, but when it's a relatively newborn baby it can look and not least sound very alarming. - Completely freaking out even the most experienced parent.

The worrying thing is if the cold develops into something more severe.
I believe this was a case of better safe than sorry.

Probably since she is so young, was most likely a little premature and she did have a lower birth rate since she was a twin they just wanted to get it checked out.

Summary in Billed Bladet #07, 2011.
Mary og familien på solskinstur - Mary and the family going for a walk in the sunshine.
Written by the venerable Ulrik Ulriksen.

This weekend, when the weather still was pretty good, Mary, Frederik, Ziggy, Christian and Bella went for a walk along the crowded quay next to Amalienborg. - Along with the usual anonymous gentlemen.
The nannies remained behind at Amalienborg with the twins.

Mary, looking fit and slim, set the pace. With the children in front riding their bikes.
Christian is a big boy, so he doesn't need wheel-support (I believe it's called) on his bike. Isabella did.
Christian has previously told BB that he is pretty fond of the movie Cars, so he had adorned his cool bike with a sticker of Flash McQueen.

Bella hasn't got that much routine with riding a bike and eventhough she wanted to, she couldn't quite keep up with big brother.
Eventually she tired of riding, and that's no problem, when you got mother to carry your bike the rest of the way. :whistling:

Each child naturally wore a helmet. (*) Christian was wearing a dark grey helmet, with blackened stars. :cool: Isabella a more feminine dark blue with white flowers.

At some point the family stopped and Christian pointed across the harbour and gace a lecture of whatever it was he was pointing at.

- It's pretty obvious that Ulrik Ulriksen has written this article based on the photos.
The photographer must have followed the family for at least a few hundred meters.

(*) The great thing about modern bycycle helmets is that they look cool, so there is no problem getting the children to wear one. - Adults however can be more reluctant. Which proves to me, that children often have a lot more common sense than adults.

German press is coming up with stories the couple is struggling with the twins :sleep: Mary von Dänemark: Überfordert mit den Zwillingen? - BUNTE

While twins are a challenge for every couple, especially with additional kids already around, I am sure Fred & Mary have had help from the beginning, live-in staff who will take care even at night. I doubt Mary will only be breastfeeding, therefore staff can help feeding or preparing food. If Mary should be exhausted I dont know what other twin mums would be whose husbands are off to work every day and who dont have help around at home.

As the Nannies of Christian and Isabella are Danish, I doubt that they would employ a british Nannie this time around.

But to make sure that they cover every angle, they had another story a few days ago, that Mary didn't listen to Margrethes advice to employ more nannies...

Mary von Dänemark: Sie pfeift auf Margrethes Erziehungstipps - BUNTE

Apart from the stress situation with the twins I think its safe to say that they employ an english native speaker or more as nanny or governess (whatever you prefer to call it) for the children. All of them will grow up bilingual or even trilingual with French as third language, like Fred & Joachim did. Most certainly all royal children have a similar education in that respect, eg the Dutch children will be speaking at least Dutch, English and Spanish on a native level.

Why would they, their mother is a native speaker.

A baby would not be hospitalized for a cold, a baby, under 3 months old could very easily be hospitalized for a high fever.

We, unfortunately, went through that process and it was not a question of feeling insecure or freaking out. we were shocked that the doctor wanted to hospitalize the baby. He explained the protocol of the levels of age of the baby to the level of the fever.

Young infants have the risk of not localizing infections, and having the infection go through the whole body.

Isabella is wearing such cool mittens. :)

We call them training wheels in Canada.

Summary in Billed Bladet #07, 2011.
Mary og familien på solskinstur - Mary and the family going for a walk in the sunshine.
Written by the venerable Ulrik Ulriksen.

(...)

Is there a link to this article? I wanna see photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
it is funny to read in english the sign about coffee! when you are in denmark! good for the kids, to see it , mother lungage thier!

it is funny to read in english the sign about coffee! when you are in denmark! good for the kids, to see it , mother lungage thier!

It is a kiosk near Amalienborg, so a lot of tourists are there, too :lol:

when I saw these photos my first tought was they have lost their peace and calm live, their little privacy...I have never saw Mary WEARING JEANS in the center of Copenhaga, they ussualy go for a walk in the woods, so far away from cars, people and confusion..it is strange to see these kind of photos to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom