General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the loud noise was to foil any audio recording of conversations that might be heard outside.

I very much doubt that.
That would be so very much illegal!
The law will hit any editor of journalist stupid enough to use such methods with a very big hammer.
- Not to mention the reaction from the readers...

Is there a reason why Frederik and Mary's children are christened in different churches?
Why not use the same one for all?

Is there a reason why Frederik and Mary's children are christened in different churches?
Why not use the same one for all?

IMO this is about distributing the royal grace and favours!

As for the baptism of prince Christian, there was a strong symbolic value in letting the future monarch being baptised in the chapel of the seat of the government.

The next in line Isabella, had a more low key ceremony in the family chapel at Fredensborg.

The twins could have been baptised there as well, however Frederik and Mary have chosen Holmens church, the church of Frederik's grandfather, where his parents married in 1967 and where he was baptised.

Holmens church used to be a favorite of the royal family, but somehow it fell into oblivion during the reign of Queen Margrethe. Now naval officer CP Frederik is returning with his twins to the church of the Royal Danish Navy!

Viv

Well if there was loud music then i guess the babies were not too close by .....

But lucky them to such a myriad of options to have a party...our entire house is probably smaller than one of their rooms! Jealous much :)

Not necessarily :) the rooms have different sizes, and some are smaller than our livingroom :) I would say that Fred's office or the green hall are about the size of our bedroom :) The reading-music-room isn't that big, either :) the largest is imo the Taffelsal, which might be around 70-80m² :)

Well if there was loud music then i guess the babies were not too close by .....

They were in the second floor in the private rooms :)
The ground floor is Stueetagen, the first floor is Beletagen and then there are the private rooms on the second floor :)

Last edited:
yes, the private rooms, that would be something to see!
Billed-Bladet - Kongelig barnedåb
I cant's wait for the baptisim! April 14 it is not so far! I hope she use the same flower on her hair like with Christina and Isabella!

The April 14th christening in Holmens church

300px-Holmens_Kirke_Copenhagen_2.jpg

photo from Wikipedia

Moderator JezzRuiz promised a thread for the royal christening on April 14th, but it turned out to be locked! I'll open the ball unless the other thread is reactivated!

Holmens church is a good choice for the christening! It's an old church dating back to the reign of King Christian IV (1588-1648), it's impressive and - from a practical viewpoint: it seats many people!
Besides it has several links with the Danish royal family: Besides being a parish church it's the church of the Royal Danish Navy. It was the obvious church of CP Frederik's grand father King Frederik IX the 'sailor king', and it was where Princess Margrethe and Henri de Monpezat married in 1967 and where Frederik was baptised in 1968.

So the choice is pretty obvious; in fact the peciliar thing is that Frederik and Mary didn't marry there, but the explanation I heard was that the actual wedding church - Copenhagen Cathedral - had more seats and better facilities like access and stations for camera crews than Holmens church.

Viv

Last edited:
where the other childres did baptise?I can not remeber!

where the other childres did baptise?I can not remeber!

Prince Christian was baptised in Christiansborg slotskirke, the chapel of the seat of the Danish parliament and princess Isabella in the chapel of Fredensborg Castle.

Viv

Holmens Church is a very beautiful church & I'm happy they'll be christened there :)

Moderator JezzRuiz promised a thread for the royal christening on April 14th, but it turned out to be locked! I'll open the ball unless the other thread is reactivated!

The other thread will be opened closer to the time.

Choosing a different church puzzles me, I was looking forward to Fredensborg.

It shouldn't! The DRF likes to put their eggs in different baskets if you like. I addressed this particular issue in the 45-page long name/godparents thread this morning, so please excuse my repeating myself:) :
As future monarch Prince Christian was baptised in the parliament chapel, Princess Isabella had a more low key ceremony at Fredensborg chapel; the christening of the twins is an opportunity to revive the links with the naval church.

The choice of Holmens church, right in the centre of Copenhagen also ensures that this christening becomes more accessible to the general public.

Viv

Last edited:
It shouldn't!

Why shouldn't it, the christening isn't for two months, what is there to discuss?

As future monarch Prince Christian was baptised in the parliament chapel, Princess Isabella had a more low key ceremony at Fredensborg chapel; the christening of the twins is an opportunity to revive the links with the naval church.

The choice of Holmens church, right in the centre of Copenhagen also ensures that this christening becomes more accessible to the general public.

Viv

I know where they were baptised, I don't see why the twins aren't being christened at Fredensborg like Isabella. If the public wanted to see the christening, they would travel anywhere.

I also have to say i find it a bit strange that they choose such a big church even bigger then the Church where Christian was christened who is the heir. Of course this time it are 2 children who will be christened.

It looks magnificent. I think that is a good choice.

The other thread will be opened closer to the time.

Just my two cents added to Viv´s answer: Even CP Frederik and Prince Joachim didn´t get baptized in the same church. CP Frederik was baptised in Holmens Kirke and Prince Joachim in the Aarhus Cathedral, which is the longest church in Denmark. So the size of the church has nothing to do with the place in the throneline :flowers:

I know where they were baptised, I don't see why the twins aren't being christened at Fredensborg like Isabella. If the public wanted to see the christening, they would travel anywhere.

I think it has more to do with the fact the the CP family is now based in Copenhagen.

At least now we have a timeline for a countdown to hear the names of the twins...Which to me is the most important thing, my next area of interest is what Mary will wear ;) So totally shallow am I...

I think it has more to do with the fact the the CP family is now based in Copenhagen.

You could have a point except that Copenhagen is the winter residence :)! The family will probably return to Fredensborg during the spring as HM and the Consort have done for years. The incumbent RF is careful to spread their activities and they seem to know what they are doing. You could also argue that the baptism should have taken place in the cathedral, where Frederik and Mary married, but the choice of Holmens church is rather evident to any Dane with a little knowledge of his/her royal family!

Viv

Last edited:
Just my two cents added to Viv´s answer: Even CP Frederik and Prince Joachim didn´t get baptized in the same church. CP Frederik was baptised in Holmens Kirke and Prince Joachim in the Aarhus Cathedral, which is the longest church in Denmark. So the size of the church has nothing to do with the place in the throneline :flowers:

I understand why they changed the churches between Christian and Isabella, I just don't see why they should change it again. If it's setimentally then why wasn't Christian christened at Holmens Kirke? If it's about re-vival why didn't the royal couple marry at that church?
I've read everyones responses, and i'm thankful for them. It's not going to change my mind on thinking why have they chosen it? Guess only the CP couple could answer that question. Might have to pop over and ask them. :lol:

I understand why they changed the churches between Christian and Isabella, I just don't see why they should change it again. If it's setimentally then why wasn't Christian christened at Holmens Kirke? If it's about re-vival why didn't the royal couple marry at that church?
I've read everyones responses, and i'm thankful for them. It's not going to change my mind on thinking why have they chosen it? Guess only the CP couple could answer that question. Might have to pop over and ask them. :lol:
The DRF has always changed between the major churches in Denmark. Why so? I don´t know, but my best guess is that they don´t want to favor any church.

The DRF has always changed between the major churches in Denmark. Why so? I don´t know, but my best guess is that they don´t want to favor any church.

Strange, I suppose i'm of the mind that it would be nice if there was an official royal church if you get me. :)
Also Holmens Kirke is quite big isn't it?

At least now we have a timeline for a countdown to hear the names of the twins...Which to me is the most important thing, my next area of interest is what Mary will wear ;) So totally shallow am I...

I think we're all wondering what the outfit will be like. I'm hoping for a pink dress and blue coat. :lol:

As Peter Heering is already a godfather to Isabella, I don't think Caroline will be a godmother to one of the twins :)

How come having Peter as a godfather possible eliminates Caroline? :)

Strange, I suppose i'm of the mind that it would be nice if there was an official royal church if you get me. :)
Also Holmens Kirke is quite big isn't it?
Yes, Holmens is quite big, but not as big as the CPH Cathedral and both of them are not as big as the Aarhus Cathedral.

I think it´s great that they change between the churches.

I´m guessing that she will wear the headband she has worn for both the christening of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella :flowers:

Yes, Holmens is quite big, but not as big as the CPH Cathedral and both of them are not as big as the Aarhus Cathedral.

Is it bigger than the one Christian was christened in? :)

Is it bigger than the one Christian was christened in? :)
I don´t know the exact numbers, so it´s a guess, but I would say yes, Holmens is a bit bigger than Christiansborg.

I very much doubt that.
That would be so very much illegal!
The law will hit any editor of journalist stupid enough to use such methods with a very big hammer.
- Not to mention the reaction from the readers...

Oh, I meant that the CPC (not the journalists) may have played the music loud so that their conversations couldn't be heard. But I'm sure you're right - very unlikely

Could someone please tell me, which palace at Amalienborg belongs to Frederik and Mary?
I thought it was Christian VIII but I read somewhere that it is Frederik VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom