General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, tradition :lol: And because it goes the same for QMII. You can always ssee who has residence at Amalienborg at a certain time by the flying flags :)
It has always been that way and I certainly don´t think that´ll change.

In most countries the raised flag is for the head of state / regent. Unusual to have the same tradition for the crown prince.

Exactly. He is not the Head of State and there really are no tradition for this kind of thing. So I will maintain, that we really can't say anything about it yet, but I makes more sence to me, that it will be a perminant fixture, or at least not something that is taken completely serious...

Exactly. He is not the Head of State and there really are no tradition for this kind of thing. So I will maintain, that we really can't say anything about it yet, but I makes more sence to me, that it will be a perminant fixture, or at least not something that is taken completely serious...

FasterB is correct.

Frederik's personal flag is flying over Amalienborg, when he is officially in residence there. - So is Joachim's when he happens to be living at Amalienborg. And Prince Henrik's.
M&F have moved in and live there at the moment, so Frederik is in residence right now.

This has got nothing to do with who is the monarch or regent at any given moment.

The personal flags of the members of the DRF is comparable to a personal standard.
Except that nowadays they don't have a standard bearer following them around.

FasterB is correct.

Frederik's personal flag is flying over Amalienborg, when he is officially in residence there. - So is Joachim's when he happens to be living at Amalienborg. And Prince Henrik's.
M&F have moved in and live there at the moment, so Frederik is in residence right now.

This has got nothing to do with who is the monarch or regent at any given moment.

The personal flags of the members of the DRF is comparable to a personal standard.
Except that nowadays they don't have a standard bearer following them around.

Yes, but that has always - or at least that is my understanding - been for when he was living at the private apartment and was acting as Rigsforstander insted of QMII. Now that he will be there permanenrly, the situation is much different. Like I said, there is - among other hings - an ussue of security. Frederik has visited the Danish troops abroad on several occasions, always in deep secret. preveously if his flag was not at Amlienborg, it simply ment that he wasn't at Amalienborg but more likely at the primary home in Fredensborg. Now if the flag is down and Kacelihuset is dark, someone in the press is bound to ask questions.

Since this will now be heir primary recidence, it will change they way they have used the traditions in the past, at least on paper. They may wish to do the same now, but I wouln't say that it is a logical choice based on "that's the way it has always been"...

Last edited:
Yes, but that has always - or at least that is my understanding - been for when he was living at the private apartment and was acting as Rigsforstander insted of QMII. Now that he will be there permanenrly, the situation is much different. Like I said, there is - among other hings - an ussue of security. Frederik has visited the Danish troops abroad on several occasions, always in deep secret. preveously if his flag was not at Amlienborg, it simply ment that he wasn't at Amalienborg but more likely at the primary home in Fredensborg. Now if the flag is down and Kacelihuset is dark, someone in the press is bound to ask questions.

Very simple. Keep the flag flying. :)

But I don't think that would be a problem, whether the flag is up or down, for security reasons no one is going to answer questions about Frederik's whereabouts anyway. - And he could plausibly be anywhere. Say, hunting in Sweden.

The interesting question is how it will be dealt with in case QMII go to Afghanistan.
The procedure is that she appoints a regent when ever she leaves DK. And that is Frederik, if he is in DK. But that is also announced, so that everyone knows who is in charge.
It's an interesting question, can Denmark have a secret regent?

Very simple. Keep the flag flying. :)
Like I said, that is what I asume will happen...

But I don't think that would be a problem, whether the flag is up or down, for security reasons no one is going to answer questions about Frederik's whereabouts anyway. - And he could plausibly be anywhere. Say, hunting in Sweden.

But that would be in his official diary. A visit to Afghanistan would not be. And empty plan and no Frederik is going to mean questions.

The interesting question is how it will be dealt with in case QMII go to Afghanistan.
The procedure is that she appoints a regent when ever she leaves DK. And that is Frederik, if he is in DK. But that is also announced, so that everyone knows who is in charge.

It's an interesting question, can Denmark have a secret regent?
I believe that papers have to be signed.

Like I said, that is what I asume will happen...

But that would be in his official diary. A visit to Afghanistan would not be. And empty plan and no Frederik is going to mean questions.

I believe that papers have to be signed.

I don't think his diary will be a problem, it's not that detailed as it is and sometimes things are only known after it has taken place.
Anyway, he didn't seem to have much difficulty slipping away to Afghanistan so far.
The problem is when he becomes king.
Then it'll be a little more tricky to slip away.
But then, if the US President can make a surprise visit to Afghanistan, then surely Frederik can too. Except that Frederik, being a lower profile target, can visit the operation bases.

Indeed papers has to be signed for anyone to appointed regent. But in secrecy?
I don't recall that happening before.
However, I agree, that is probably what will happen. Frederik will quietly become a regent. QMII will sneak away to Afghanistan for a quick visit.
Or a cover story will be invented. QMII will officially go to Berleburg or Cayz or whereever.

Last edited:
Well, at Amalienborg you can always see who's home according to the flying flags :) It goes for QMII, the CPC, Prince Joachim/Pss Marie and Pss Benedikte :):):)

Translation of article in BT:

"Rests in his role as father and Crown Prince

Frederick is a modern father of four

by reporter Katja Maria Salomonsen - Saturday, 15 January 2011, 20:07

The royal lackeys stood ready at the Crown cars. The fanciest clothes from a bygone era, they waited to carry the royal couple and their newborn crown jewels in true style from Empire to the Royal Palace yesterday.

And when Frederik and Mary had finished showing the twins, answering press questions and waving to the royalists standing in line Fred showed that he is a temporary crown prince of his time.

He and Crown Princess fastend the seatbelts and put the twins securely in the car, and then father himself sat in the drivers seat.

A modern man
For regardless of whether the assignment states to carry his precious home safely, or to stand his wife bee at her confinement, then the 10th Frederik in the Danish royal line is a modern man. A man who is present and engaged in family welfare. And unlike previous generations mantra - children should be seen and not heard - is the country's 42-year-old crown prince deeply involved in his children.

- I was at the birth, and it is a huge, huge experience also this one time. Two children to be born, very very big. An great gift, he said yesterday when he and Crown Princess left of with their twins in their arms.

Crown Prince Frederik, who in particular can boast of 'macho' training at the Naval Frogman Corps, is also so much in contact with his soft side that he takes part in the more everyday shades of everyday life.

- Now we start a new life up and get them well into their rhythms. They do of course have to find their rhythms, and they must obviously have some food, said the Crown Prince about the twins yesterday.

Paternity leave
Crown Prince Frederik, who took nearly three weeks of paternity leave in connection with the twin birth is also man enough to admit that maybe it was too little. Asked directly whether he was considering taking maternity leave said Crown Prince:

- Yes, it has occurred to me.

But where the Crown Prince really consisted manhood test, was his reaction to Princess Mary's answer to the question whether the Crown Prince had been a huge help at birth:

- Invaluable much, with great love. He does everything right.

Frederick's eyes were shining, tears squeezed themselves in and the sensitive father of four showed he is a modern man."

Thank you very much for the translation Benedikte. I've always liked Frederik and this article confirms that he's a really nice, genuinely sweet husband and father.

http://http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article1491425.ece

Frederik had to leave the twins, Mary and his in-laws to attend to a sporting duty in Sweden. I think it unquestionable that he is totally committed to his job, and makes the sacrifices that it entails. Of course he had rather be at home with the additions to the family, doing his bit as a now-experienced Dad and looking after Christian and Isabella, and even (maybe!) helping with the double-nappy-changing-load!

Last edited:
http://http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article1491425.ece

Frederik had to leave the twins, Mary and his in-laws to attend to a sporting duty in Sweden. I think it unquestionable that he is totally committed to his job, and makes the sacrifices that it entails. Of course he had rather be at home with the additions to the family, doing his bit as a now-experienced Dad and looking after Christian and Isabella, and even (maybe!) helping with the double-nappy-changing-load!

I think he was actually enjoying the game, and a chance to get a few hours off. ;) Malmö is less than an hour away from Amalienborg, so I asume he was just on a quick visit. ;) He didn't HAVE to go to the game, it was an important game, I believe he has a personal interest in it. ;)

well i guess it was good for him to chill out a bit after all the emotional turmoil of the last days.
for the danish bloggers: rumor has it he was waering a pink scarf? have you seen pics or videos of him? if it is so, well, he's really getting into colourful outfits&trendsetting!

Well, I would describe it as about the same color as his pants. ;) Maybe a little more bordaux! :D

well i guess it was good for him to chill out a bit after all the emotional turmoil of the last days.
for the danish bloggers: rumor has it he was waering a pink scarf? have you seen pics or videos of him? if it is so, well, he's really getting into colourful outfits&trendsetting!

Not pink. Purple. Frederik til VM i Sverige - Håndbold

Gosh, I am dying for some news, any news about the family. How long will it be, do you think, before we see or hear anything??

Alright then, how about, Frederik, Mary and presumably the children are at home watching telly and enjoying the post baby glow the family shares?
However Frederik is getting a little bored, so he's choosing to go sailing next week or pop up to visit Haakon when he gets back? ;)

Hahahahaha, thanks for that Lumutqueen, what interesting lives they do live, sounds just like us!!!!!!!

Well they are normal people underneath, they have time away from royal life and they should enjoy it right now.

How about another scenario: Tomorrow, Denmark and Sweden are playing the last handball match in Malmö before both teams proceed to the semi-finals in the men's handball worldchampionship. How about Frederik and Victoria turning up and cheering for their teams? ;)

Now I could see Frederik sneaking through the back door and cheering on his team in a fake bigger beard ;) and a baseball cap.

Now I could see Frederik sneaking through the back door and cheering on his team in a fake bigger beard ;) and a baseball cap.
He certainly wouldn't need to sneak in. He dropped by one evening last week for one of Denmark's matches, against Croatia I think it was :)

It was just another twist in our prediction story, I didn't mean it. ;)

I guess this belongs in a humour thread, but as there is not much else going on right now, why not here: Magasin: Mary er en dårlig australier - Underholdning - BT.dk

The tabloid BT is here writing about an Australian magazine, Zoo, for... gentlemen, where Mary has been put third on the list of the most un-Australian people of the year.
The reason apparantly being that she now speaks with a Danish accent.

As God comes in second on the list, (for allowing the floods to occour) I guess we shouldn't take this too seriously. :p
Assange however, comes in at the top of the list.

I see the tounge-in-cheek humour of the Australians is still alive.

Perhaps Australian members of this forum can tell us more?

Dropping someone in it, as we say in Oz is most frowned upon. It's seen as very unaustralian, Assange should be number one on the list IMO.
As for Mary's accent making her unpopular, must be tongue in cheek, or some people have nothing better to think about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom