General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 7: October 2010 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So her face and hair :p

I can appreciate that it wouldn 't have been to the liking of some (surely not many?.lol.), but for me it ticked all the right boxes. and some. I could have melted with envy when I saw the above photograph for the first time!! Superrrb.

But yes, her hair looked beautiful. It sat well and the style suits her.

Queen Elizabeth too looked lovely that particular night. The evening gown she wore is a particular favourite of mine as the cut, colour and fabric flatters her greatly.

Too bad about the photo's though. That would have been one impressive group shot.

Anywho, I think I've hijacked this thread long enough :D

Last edited:
For royal watchers, both Mary's twins and William & Catherine's weddings are HUGE 2011 events. I'm excited for both, though I could imagine that the birth of the twins and the whole name thing etc. will move me even more than the british wedding. However, for the average person, the average journalist/photographer William and Kate's wedding is 20 times more important that the twins, simply because let's face it noone except danes, australians (that's about 25 million) and royal watchers know who Mary&Fred are.

But it's not a competition - it's two extremely happy events that will happen in 2011, that we can look SO MUCH forward to!

BTW, Do you think William&Kate has a clue that Mary is having twins? Let alone who Fred&Mary really are? I imagine Fred&Will must have met? Does anyone have information or pictures of this?

It should be odd if he doesnt know the danish royal family as he actuually decent from them.
Furthermore our queens brother in law is Williams godfather.

Nice way to steal Mary's twin thunder, Will and Kate ;)

Now that there is a big, much anticipated wedding to look forward to, the birth of twins seems so ordinary and mumsy in comparison...I am still anxious for the twins, but now have something else to preoccupy me...

There seems to be some upset about the fact that Will and Kate's wedding will steal limelight from the birth of the twins. Has it actually been announced yet that the wedding will be 2011. Perhaps it will be 2012, or maybe later???

I doubt any thunder was "stolen" from the royal twins. I see it as two families celebrating lives. The BRF will celebrate it with the marriage of Will & Kate while the DRF will celebrate with the addition of more children.

I wonder if Mary has met HM? Anyone know?

Somehow I think Mary would be very, very happy if the W&K marriage overshadowed the birth of her babies! Then she and Frederik, Isabella and Christian, and possibly members of Mary's large and close Tasmanian/Scottish family would have more marvellous time together as a family, in private, doing family things .... free of the paparazzi ...

The new King Frederik VIII's Palace is ready for the royal couple: Monday morning Crown Prince Frederik could for the first time invite guests into his and the Crown Princess' new home, Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. (I hope Google translated it right?!)

Google Translation

The new King Frederik VIII's Palace is ready for the royal couple: Monday morning Crown Prince Frederik could for the first time invite guests into his and the Crown Princess' new home, Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. (I hope Google translated it right?!)

Google Translation

Yes and no. :flowers:
The article says that the last details have been taken care of and that within the past weeks the furnitures have been brought in. That's correct. (At least for the official part of the palais).
However, this article referred to an event that took place last Monday (in week #47). Where Frederik had a small official event in the new palais.

So the official part of their new home is now ready for use and has indeed been used several times within the past week.

As for their private home: As far as I know they haven't moved in officially yet, even though they have had guests in that part of their home as well. (See the falcon story).

yes, I really would love to be a fly and see their private quaters, must be beautiful, pity we will never see it! Now that Mary is off work due to the birth I am sure she has some time to organize the moving there, I am sure their are some things that they would like to bring from the other home, like the toys for the kids and clothing, and of course all her exquiste wardrobe!

BB has an article about how Mary is the main person planning the families move to their new home even though she is not attending any events officially she is still busy behind the scenes with the family.

Article

Excellent news for the interested: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary bliver TV-stjerne i Australien

Billed Bladet reports that the intriguing documentary about life behind the scenes in the DRF, will be shown an Australian TV.

I can only recommend it, it was a very good documentary.

More info here: Mary solgt til Australien - Serier - Nyheder - Tjek TV

I understand it's the Australian SBS network that has purchased the documentary.
So has Dutch and Beligium TV, it appears.

You can read more about the documentary here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/danish-tv-series-the-monarchy-inside-by-dr-27055.html

Last edited:
I hope I can find it somewhere. I would really love to see it. Thank you Muhler for the news!

I would love to see it to, I know someone posted a link to it but it was all in Danish.

I can recommend the tv series aproximately 9 hours as I recall.

To Comment on the debate on CP Frederik I can add the fact that CP Frederik has an academic degree from a University. The titel is cand scient pol a degree of 5-6 years of study.

Besides this he has survived the most difficult education in the danish military perhaps it can be compared to us navy seal.

CP Frederik has given me the impression that his first priority is to be a good parent.

And IMO he is well known as a person to treat people he meets as his equal. A true mark of nobility in my book.

Fred & Mary have moved into Amalienborg palace, The crown prince's flag is now raised over he palace
Article

So when the crown prince or princess are residence in their other palace or are away, does the flag go down for the time they are away?

Fred & Mary have moved into Amalienborg palace, The crown prince's flag is now raised over he palace
Article

So when the crown prince or princess are residence in their other palace or are away, does the flag go down for the time they are away?

Well, perhaps, but honestly I think they will just leave it up there permanently. They are not the once in charge yet, and with a lot of people in the household, it could get confusing. Also both of them travels a lot, travels that the may want to keep "secet" until the last moment for reasons of security (visits to Danish troops abroad), or simply privacy (trips to Mary's family).

But we will have to see I guess...

When they not have residence at Amalienborg, then the flag will be taken down. The flag will only fly when the CPC have residence at Amalienborg :)

Last edited:
Posts about your personal Christmas has been moved to the
Christmas dinner/lunch- what are you eating?
thread

When they not have residence at Amalienborg, then the flag will be taken down. The flag will only fly when the CPC have residence at Amalienborg :)

Do you have a source for that?

Do you have a source for that?
Yes, tradition :lol: And because it goes the same for QMII. You can always ssee who has residence at Amalienborg at a certain time by the flying flags :)
It has always been that way and I certainly don´t think that´ll change.

Yes, tradition :lol: And because it goes the same for QMII. You can always ssee who has residence at Amalienborg at a certain time by the flying flags :)
It has always been that way and I certainly don´t think that´ll change.
In most countries the raised flag is for the head of state / regent. Unusual to have the same tradition for the crown prince.

In most countries the raised flag is for the head of state / regent. Unusual to have the same tradition for the crown prince.

If that is the case in Denmark for a flag to be raised then I would say some countries traditions change from country to country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom