The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

well anothr child I don't think they are thining a out that now! they have the hands full now!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

T4phange wasn't referring to them having another child after the twins, she meant she wished them to have another child after Christian and Isabella.

Regarding the christening, I don't think it won't be televised, even though it is on a Thursday afternoon. There would still be an audience for the christening of people who would watch it anyway and are home during those hours - stay at home mothers and their children, the elderly, those who work nights/shift work.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Courtier

I hope there will be new official photos of the family this week.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
there is not a 13 sign, nonsense. please talk with professional astrologers. it is just a rumour to destroy astrology. i have talked to a friend studied astrology and in astronomy there are 13 signs, not in astrology. in the last weeks i have learned so much about my sign scorpio. fascinating.
If you read my posts properly instead of only seeing what you want to see, I was NOT claiming that there are 13 signs, that is what OTHER people are talking about. I still believe that there are only 12, so please get your facts straight before telling me to talk to professional astrologers. Or are you the authority on astrology for the forums now?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I really wonder what they will do with the gowns, cant wait & see what they decide on.
I do like the timing of the event, its seems very ideal, not too early not to late.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
nwinther, the wall-to-wall coverage of DRF events is way too much at times, but I doubt that that the media attention will be reduced for the baptism!On the contrary there's a risk that the coverage will be repeated in the evening because of low afternoon viewing figures.

Viv
The coverage would be repeated either way. But with 2-3 million potential viewers not watching the event live, there won't be as much hubbub (I hope).

The problem - if I may move down that tangent - is not so much the coverage (although the birth/twin-presentation could have been effectively cut by at least 80%), but the way it's done. The bulletin in the bottom of the screen (a nauseating feature on TV2) with text-congratulations from "the people", that noone other than the texters themselves are interested in; the vastly inflation in reporters interviewing other reporters about nothing for hours on end, the setting-up of tasteless vignettes, nonsensical questions to the royals (how great is this day for your majesty?) etc. etc. etc. is, IMO, deflating the "reverence" (in lack of a better word) of the royal house and the events surrounding and containing them.

A more restrained, respectful and most important of all - tasteful, coverage of royal events would become the media AND the royals.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
The problem - if I may move down that tangent - is not so much the coverage (although the birth/twin-presentation could have been effectively cut by at least 80%), but the way it's done. The bulletin in the bottom of the screen (a nauseating feature on TV2) with text-congratulations from "the people", that noone other than the texters themselves are interested in; the vastly inflation in reporters interviewing other reporters about nothing for hours on end, the setting-up of tasteless vignettes, nonsensical questions to the royals (how great is this day for your majesty?) etc. etc. etc. is, .
Yes, I agree! All that sentimental, fawning, touchy-feely stuff is getting intolerable! IMO it won't do the royal family any good in the long run, there's more than a risk of 'royalty constipation'! Billed-Bladet is among the worst these days, just check the silly questions HM were asked at the press conference in Bahrain: 'Did she call home to check on the twins?', and more of that petty-bourgeois (da: 'småborgerlig') variety!

Quote:
IMO, deflating the "reverence" (in lack of a better word) of the royal house and the events surrounding and containing them..
'Deference', perhaps?

Quote:
A more restrained, respectful and most important of all - tasteful, coverage of royal events would become the media AND the royals.
Before we're told off for going off-topic, I'd suggest that you take this up on a new thread. I'm sure the other Danes have thoughtful contributions AND maybe the 'non-Danes' could add some interesting viewpoints?!!

Viv
Old 02-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Serene Highness

Jusr my two cents: I miss Poul Jørgensen, he was a good reporter on the royal tv-coverage and he knew was he was talking about :)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Does this not happen with other royal families in their countries?
Why limit it to the Danes.
Didn't the same happen with Victorias wedding, the same with Williams.
We are getting some over the top details already most we do not want or need.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
Does this not happen with other royal families in their countries?
Why limit it to the Danes.
Didn't the same happen with Victorias wedding, the same with Williams.
We are getting some over the top details already most we do not want or need.
What details do you mean? So far we only go the location, date & time, unless I have missed something?

So far the details that have been released are details that have also been released in that past. I don't view them as over the top.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Nobility

This is not details released from the family, we have had all sorts of experts interviewed, with all types of information. I don't know how many times, I have seen a discussion on royal weddings in the last few weeks.
This will just get worse in the new two months.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
This is not details released from the family, we have had all sorts of experts interviewed, with all types of information. I don't know how many times, I have seen a discussion on royal weddings in the last few weeks.
This will just get worse in the new two months.
What do you mean?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think they were talking about the Wedding in the UK
Old 02-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

TV2 has just published their plans for covering the christening - Kongelig barnedb direkte p TV 2 - Nyt om TV - TVTID.DK

They plan on live coverage and an extensive summary around 8 pm.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Aristocracy

Just slightly off topic. Has anyone seen any pics of Mary and Fred out with the twins ? We used to see photos of Mary pushing the pram with Isabella and Christian - anyways, just wondered
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Just slightly off topic. Has anyone seen any pics of Mary and Fred out with the twins ? We used to see photos of Mary pushing the pram with Isabella and Christian - anyways, just wondered
I suspect its prrobably a bit early for the young babies to be heading out in the cold winter weather.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
It is extremely cold in Denmark atm & since the little princess had the cold a while ago, I guess they're careful with bringing them out (:

Old 02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Gentry

Twin Princess Hospitalized!

Denmark

Thankfully she will be fine but scary none the less! Get well soon lillepige!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't mean to sound bad or anything, but I haven't had a child yet, so is having a cold so young a really serious thing? I know the immune system isn't fully developed yet.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't mean to sound bad or anything, but I haven't had a child yet, so is having a cold so young a really serious thing? I know the immune system isn't fully developed yet.
Usually no, if the child is otherwise healthy.
You'll be in for a shock the first time your child will get a fever, believe me! They always get a high fever at that age.

I understand Shirley had a cold and it can be bad enough for us adults when we have mucus in the lungs and have to cough, but when it's a relatively newborn baby it can look and not least sound very alarming. - Completely freaking out even the most experienced parent.

The worrying thing is if the cold develops into something more severe.
I believe this was a case of better safe than sorry.