The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv

Hm.. I don't remember what was said at the time, but if you suggest that 1600 looks a bit much I agree! So I've just trawled through the cathedral website which says 1500 seats, including galleries. I suppose we have to take their word for it. Following the lines of FasterB it's definetely not 1500 persons in full gala!

Viv
Again, also the galleries of the cathedral takes a lot of people :)

Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Don't know, but according to FasterB at least 1200 people fit into it

Well, I guess people won't wear gala for a christening, and on top of that the christening will take place during the week, so I doubt that more than a few hundred will take part

Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
(**) And schoolchildren, students, those who work different hours, those who take a few hours off (which has been seen before in connection with say important soccer matches).
Such as me :):):) I called my teamleader right away and told her that I had to get the day off :):):)
Old 02-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

Someone asked for postcards, those are the ones that I bought in CPH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	276115  
Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Someone asked for postcards, those are the ones that I bought in CPH
yes, meeeee! whre did you got them? i love them!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, I guess people won't wear gala for a christening, and on top of that the christening will take place during the week, so I doubt that more than a few hundred will take part
Oh, I was only talking about the seats in general
Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Courtier

I though the reason for the Thursday christening was that maybe if the christening was considered to be held on the first available Saturday (which is 16 April) it would have coincided with QM's birthday...So maybe taking that into account it was moved forward to Thursday, the 14th April...

Or maybe the Holmes Kirke wasn't available on that day...Weddings are usually held on Saturdays and I am sure this church is used by 'normal' people too for their births, weddings and funerals...And just because they are royal doesn't give them precedence or priority because maybe someone booked it before them?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Excellent points AnnaNotherThing! I don't think that Trine Villemann possesses your kind of logical thinking!

The wedding of CP Frederik and CP Mary was a Friday...I think because someone else's wedding was on the Saturday! So there is a precedent for major official activities to be held on other days except the weekends! Imagine how much criticism the CP Couple would have received if they had chosen a date that would have forced other Danes to change their plans for using Holmen's Church on the same day!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Nobility

I have a purely selfish confession to make, I am disappointed with the date. Being a week day I will be at work and won't get to watch this event live. But I do find it odd that a week day was chosen because if the Christening is in the afternoon many Danes will be at school, work or on their way home from work. I wonder why a week day was chosen? Is it availability of the venue? I would have thought that a date would have been chosen that would allow as many Danes who wished to watch the event to do so.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
.... But oh well, Trine Villemann is always over-dramatizing stuff, I honestly can't take her guts. I remember P Felix's christening was on a Friday, because I watched it when I was in 'fritidshjem' (which is like a place you can be after school for 6-10 year olds) & I was so excited, I was almost attached to that tv (:
I'm with you on that! She's mostly 'an expert' at promoting herself.

As to the choice of a weekday - Muhler's translation clearly shows that Isabella's and Christian's weekend christening dates were atypical, not the twin's, so no big deal I think. If a weekday was good enough to christen their grandma, it's good enough for the twins, I'll say
Old 02-13-2011, 04:51 AM
Nobility

It is lovely to know the date of the christening, looking forward to seeing the four children, actually cannot wait to see all the family.
By looking at the photos, the cathedral appears to be really beautiful, looks a great place to hold the christening.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Somebody asked about the presentation of Holmens church; it's post no. 187 on page 10 of this thread!

I see that our old ' friend' Villemann is back on her attention seeking track again! Maybe Muhler has a point that TV has a point , but there are many things to consider in the planning phase, including the availability of the church. Holmens is one of the busiest churches in Copenhagen and finding a free Saturday afternoon is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack! Moving previously booked weddings or baptisms in order to accommodate a royal ceremony is definetely a no-go, I can easily imagine the headlines had it happened, not to mention Villemann's comments !

viv
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

I think the timing is allright. Sure, a lot won't be able to watch live, but that may reduce the amount of media attention - something that is becoming a problem in Denmark IMO - where TV-ancors wallow in tasteless segments and overanalyze things etc. etc. etc.

I'm a royalist through and through - but the problem is the media that smell good ratings at a low cost and drown the population in insignificant swill, making the population oversaturated with (nonexistant?) pomp and circumstance. Save those things for the really big things - and babtisms aren't that big - not when it's no. 3 and 4 in the line of succession.

Moderation, please.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
yes, meeeee! whre did you got them? i love them!!!!!!!
I bought some of them in Amalienborg Museum, some at the Airport, you can get them nearly everywhere
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I bought some of them in Amalienborg Museum, some at the Airport, you can get them nearly everywhere
"eveywhere" in denmark! too far for me at the moment! what a pity! anyway thank you so much, at least got to see them thank you to your post!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

There are a lot of other motives, too, those are only the ones I bought and brought home

I also bought this magazine

http://i55.tinypic.com/2v923ih.jpg
Old 02-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
I think the timing is allright. Sure, a lot won't be able to watch live, but that may reduce the amount of media attention - something that is becoming a problem in Denmark IMO - where TV-ancors wallow in tasteless segments and overanalyze things etc. etc. etc.
nwinther, the wall-to-wall coverage of DRF events is way too much at times, but I doubt that that the media attention will be reduced for the baptism!On the contrary there's a risk that the coverage will be repeated in the evening because of low afternoon viewing figures.

Viv
Old 02-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Courtier

And even if there were high viewing figures, the ceremony may be repeated anyway because it will be the first christening of twins who are in direct line to the throne!
There is so much that goes into planning such a ceremony I would imagine. The calenders of the members of the royal family have to be taken into account. The availability of the church and its activities had to be taken into account as well.The CP Couple have to consider the needs of their 4 children....the time of the ceremony seems ideal to me...not too early and not too late. The children would have had an afternoon nap and would have been fed.
At the end of the day...I think they chose the best date and time for them and their family.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
And even if there were high viewing figures, the ceremony may be repeated anyway because it will be the first christening of twins who are in direct line to the throne!
There is so much that goes into planning such a ceremony I would imagine. The calenders of the members of the royal family have to be taken into account. The availability of the church and its activities had to be taken into account as well.The CP Couple have to consider the needs of their 4 children....the time of the ceremony seems ideal to me...not too early and not too late. The children would have had an afternoon nap and would have been fed.
At the end of the day...I think they chose the best date and time for them and their family.
I couldn't agree more! You wrote pretty much exactly what I wanted to! I just want to add, I also think the CPC took into consideration QM2 birthday celebrations and family and friends schedules. Sort of a two for one deal for travelling guests! I think they planned it splendidly!

Based on that, I expect we will see official photos about that time too! I completely understand why we have yet to see new pics. There were so many released when they left the hospital. Although, I do feel like most here, I LOVE baby pics! They grow so fast, I want monthly photos!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

I am glad that there is finally a date released. I just hope that the christening won't be totally private. I so looked forward to them having another child as I wasn't around the first two times to go through the birth and the christening along with everyone else. If this isn't going to be televised it will be a shame :(