The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I understand why they changed the churches between Christian and Isabella, I just don't see why they should change it again. If it's setimentally then why wasn't Christian christened at Holmens Kirke? If it's about re-vival why didn't the royal couple marry at that church?
I've read everyones responses, and i'm thankful for them. It's not going to change my mind on thinking why have they chosen it? Guess only the CP couple could answer that question. Might have to pop over and ask them.
The DRF has always changed between the major churches in Denmark. Why so? I don´t know, but my best guess is that they don´t want to favor any church.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
The DRF has always changed between the major churches in Denmark. Why so? I don´t know, but my best guess is that they don´t want to favor any church.
Strange, I suppose i'm of the mind that it would be nice if there was an official royal church if you get me.
Also Holmens Kirke is quite big isn't it?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
At least now we have a timeline for a countdown to hear the names of the twins...Which to me is the most important thing, my next area of interest is what Mary will wear So totally shallow am I...
I think we're all wondering what the outfit will be like. I'm hoping for a pink dress and blue coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
As Peter Heering is already a godfather to Isabella, I don't think Caroline will be a godmother to one of the twins
How come having Peter as a godfather possible eliminates Caroline?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Strange, I suppose i'm of the mind that it would be nice if there was an official royal church if you get me.
Also Holmens Kirke is quite big isn't it?
Yes, Holmens is quite big, but not as big as the CPH Cathedral and both of them are not as big as the Aarhus Cathedral.

I think it´s great that they change between the churches.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

I´m guessing that she will wear the headband she has worn for both the christening of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Yes, Holmens is quite big, but not as big as the CPH Cathedral and both of them are not as big as the Aarhus Cathedral.
Is it bigger than the one Christian was christened in?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I do love that flowery head band.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don´t know the exact numbers, so it´s a guess, but I would say yes, Holmens is a bit bigger than Christiansborg.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I very much doubt that.
That would be so very much illegal!
The law will hit any editor of journalist stupid enough to use such methods with a very big hammer.
- Not to mention the reaction from the readers...
Oh, I meant that the CPC (not the journalists) may have played the music loud so that their conversations couldn't be heard. But I'm sure you're right - very unlikely
Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could someone please tell me, which palace at Amalienborg belongs to Frederik and Mary?
I thought it was Christian VIII but I read somewhere that it is Frederik VIII.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think becasue it willb e photographer from al l over and the photos will be in international magazines it is a way to show denamrk around the world , all the beautiful churches!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think we're all wondering what the outfit will be like. I'm hoping for a pink dress and blue coat.
I beat you to it...I suggest this way back in November 2010...check out my post (1339):

Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

But anyway it's not a competition...I would love to see Mary in a pink shift dress under a blue frock coat, too...
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Could someone please tell me, which palace at Amalienborg belongs to Frederik and Mary?
I thought it was Christian VIII but I read somewhere that it is Frederik VIII.
It is Frederik VIII palace.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It's hard to tell because they have different shapes. Holmens Church has the shape of a cross, whereas Christiansborg Chapel is quadratic.
Moreover Holmens Church has a lot of dark wood and art objects/decorations inside (IIRC there were ships hanging from the ceiling) whereas Christiansborg Chapel is very light-coloured. So even if Holmen may be bigger in numbers I didn't have the feeling it's a much bigger church.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

And with the head band from Prince Christian and Princess Isabella´s christenings :)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Oh, I meant that the CPC (not the journalists) may have played the music loud so that their conversations couldn't be heard. But I'm sure you're right - very unlikely
Well, I did mean the CP couple.
Recording or even writing about what you (a journalist standing outside) have heard people say in their home, even with the windows open, is very much a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.
It's another matter if someone had stepped out on a balcony and shouted something out across the square.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
It's hard to tell because they have different shapes. Holmens Church has the shape of a cross, whereas Christiansborg Chapel is quadratic.
Moreover Holmens Church has a lot of dark wood and art objects/decorations inside (IIRC there were ships hanging from the ceiling) whereas Christiansborg Chapel is very light-coloured. So even if Holmen may be bigger in numbers I didn't have the feeling it's a much bigger church.
Ricarda, seating capacity info available on the internet:

Christiansborg chapel: 340
Holmens church: 1200
Cathedral: 1500 (corrected)

Christiansborg chapel sounds about right, but I'm not quite sure how to squeeze in 1200 persons in Holmens (which I happen to know well). IMO 800-1000 sounds more like it, but maybe the gallery seats more people than I thought?

Viv
Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Serene Highness

They are right about seating 1200 in Holmens. I have been singing in Holmens and one of the times there were app. 1200 people. The galleries takes a lot of people and the choir can be squeezed together a bit. They don't have to fill up two parts of the gallery :):):)
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, I did mean the CP couple.
Recording or even writing about what you (a journalist standing outside) have heard people say in their home, even with the windows open, is very much a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.
It's another matter if someone had stepped out on a balcony and shouted something out across the square.
Oh - now I understand! That's a great law! I wish we had more privacy laws in the US :-(
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Ricarda, seating capacity info available on the internet:

Christiansborg chapel: 340
Holmens church: 1200
CathedraL: 1600

Christiansborg chapel sounds about right, but I'm not quite sure how to squeeze in 1200 persons in Holmens (which I happen to know well). IMO 800-1000 sounds more like it, but maybe the gallery seats more people than I thought?

Viv
Wasn't it said at the time of the Wedding that the Cathedral had place for 800 guests which where present at the Wedding. And from the pics one can see that they have put extra chairs between the benches.

Royal Travel and Events

Closed Thread