General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really happy for her that she is visiting home and that she is doing that alone. I think its a good chance for her to catch up with her family without all the media attention that bringing the whole family would attract. Also a quick trip is easier without the children.

Maybe it was suppose to be a secret but someone got wind of it and announced it. But is it safe for her to be traveling all the way to Australia? Or maybe it's still early enough for some traveling?

It is fine for a pregnant woman to travel early on in pregnancy and with Mary being so fit and healthy, there should be no concerns. It is only in the later stages and especially with twins, that it is not encouraged.:flowers:

The Crown Princess arrived in Hobart, Tasmania, just before 11:00am AEST.

Mary's also attending her close friend Amber's 40th birthday party in Adelaide in a few days' time.

Frederik is in Singapore at an IOC meeting (I think) so there's speculation as to whether or not he'll 'drop in', too.

I saw on the ABC news here that the police warned the media not to intrude on Prss Mary's or her sister's family privacy during her short visit. I think it is great she can fit in some quiet time with her sisters and their families before attending Amber Petty's 40th birthday party on Saturday. Then it's off to Greece for the wedding of a favourite cousin. Prince Nicholas was with Frederik the night he met Mary in Sydney during the Olympics in 2000.

Staying at her sister's house probably isn't a bright idea especially if they've had problems with media intrusion in the past.

Great seeing Mary back in Australia, im pretty sure the media is going crazy. It been a while since she has been back, nice to catch up with family & friends. Im pretty sure she wont be back till the twins are a bit older (6 or 7 months maybe)
To what I understand the law passed, she can be photographed out & about but not at her family/friends home, correct?

Video of Mary arriving

Last edited:
To what I understand the law passed, she can be photographed out & about but not at her family/friends home, correct?

Yes - an amendmend to an Act was passed last year, and states that a person cannot "visually record a person 'in circumstances where a reasonable person would expect to be afforded privacy' and then distribute the images". Essentially, if Mary is within the bounds of her sister's home, photos of her there cannot be sold without the photographer (and possibly also the purchaser) facing a fine or 12 months in jail.

I don't think Mary has a baby bump as such, but I do notice she is a bit wider or thicker around the waist...maybe this is just how the weight is distributed in her pregnancies...You can see the thickening in the navy blue dress and brown dress she was wearing a few days ago...

Yes - an amendmend to an Act was passed last year, and states that a person cannot "visually record a person 'in circumstances where a reasonable person would expect to be afforded privacy' and then distribute the images". Essentially, if Mary is within the bounds of her sister's home, photos of her there cannot be sold without the photographer (and possibly also the purchaser) facing a fine or 12 months in jail.

Thanks Jess.
Wasn't this law passed after Mary's last visit to Australia? From all the photographers that surrounded her and the family?

:previous:

Possbily, as the law was an amendment in Tasmania, not the whole of Australia. Although there is most likely a similar sort of law in the rest of the states. I think that it's a great step - it protects not only Mary, but other celebrities/people of status when they are within private property minding their own business (Nicole Kidman will definately like it ;)).

Well I think the new law should take care of some of those problems.

I imagine that the Danish court announced that Mary was in Australia as way to deal with inquiries of people wondering where she was if she wasn't seen in Denmark for a few days or if she is seen in Australia and no one said anything. We know how those conspriacy theories go don't we?

In addition, I am sure Mary got the necessary approvals to travel via plane from her doctor. I have never been pregnant but I believe you can't fly after six months right? If that is the case, this is her last opportunity to visit her family before the babies are born. She certainly won't have the time after the babies are born.

Well I think the new law should take care of some of those problems.

I imagine that the Danish court announced that Mary was in Australia as way to deal with inquiries of people wondering where she was if she wasn't seen in Denmark for a few days or if she is seen in Australia and no one said anything. We know how those conspriacy theories go don't we?

But the court usually doesn't announce when the family leave on private holidays because its private if im not mistaken.

But the court usually doesn't announce when the family leave on private holidays because its private if im not mistaken.

There is a first time for everything. The Danish Court was proactive and did the right thing in announcing that Mary was/is going to Australia for the following reasons:

1) This would have prevented the "Where are Mary's questions" if she wasn't seen in Denmark. If they had announced this.....some people might have assumed that the Court was hiding Mary and that something wasn't going well in her pregnancy OR

2) If the Danish court didn't say anything abut Mary being in Australia, when she was actually seen in Australia either with her sisters or going to Amber's 40th birthday, then the Court might have held to deal with this...why is Mary in Australia? Is everything okay.

This way...its out in the open. People are going to make their own judgements calls but at least you can minimize any issues.

i think it's great that she has some time alone with her family...with the twins coming, she'll definitely have her hands full

I've noticed that she's visited the Salamanca Markets every time she's headed back to Hobart. Given that it's still early morning there, it will take some time before venturing out.

In addition, I am sure Mary got the necessary approvals to travel via plane from her doctor. I have never been pregnant but I believe you can't fly after six months right? If that is the case, this is her last opportunity to visit her family before the babies are born. She certainly won't have the time after the babies are born.

Generally speaking, most drs prefer that you NOT travel during the last trimester. With the other two starting school this is a great time for her to get a visit in with her family.

The Crown Princess and her sisters, Jane and Patricia, managed to escape the media's grasp this morning as they drove into Hobart. A police blockade (a car) at a roundabout (I believe) cut off the following media pack that was in pusuit, and the three sisters managed to drive on, unfollowed and free to enjoy their day.

Seems Mary or her minder's are learning a few tricks on keeping the media at bay! She is entitled to private time for sure but the danish taxpayer will be stumping up for various casts involved with her visit and the australian tax payer as well. (cops blocking round about)? So, hopefully, she will afford the media some 'snapping' time at some stage. Part of the pay off for the life she lives IMO. Saying that, happy holiday Mary!

The Danish court is good at confirming issues that should be private (eg holiday in OZ) but warning about respecting privacy at the same time. How ridiculous. We've been here before. They are big attention creaters while claiming at the same time they want privacy what you dont get when you shout from the rooftops what you are going to do.

This OZ visit will be no different from the ones before. It will be a big "Mary Homecoming Tour" with lots of media that of course nobody wanted there. It will be a "Here I am" behind sunglasses on the most public places and statements requesting for privacy.

This whole circus reminds me of certain Hollywood B or C listers: Telling the Paps where there are going and then complaining about the harrassment.

Pictures of the pregnant Mary coming home to OZ in the world media are priceless, you dont need to be Einstein to know that. Its all about attention, the DRF is no different. Only that they usually do this ridiculous attempt to cover their true intentions.

I disagree with you.

It's Tasmania that has imposed privacy laws, which in my opinion should be a basic human right. It was the Tasmanian police which cautioned the photographers and informed them of the legislation.
Not the DRF.
What was the court supposed to do?
The interest surrounding Mary and her pregnancy is high and you can hardly hide her going to Tasmania. So why not confirm it while she is on her way? It would appear the press had got wind of it anyway.
The DRF did not publish her visit beforehand.

As for this being a publicity stunt. I think you are being unfair towards Mary and the DRF. What would be the purpose of going all the way to Tasmania just to hide behind sunglasses? If she wanted genuine exposure, she would attend some function in the full media glare.

I mean, come on! What is Mary supposed to do?
If she stay low, she is an attention seeker.
If she hold a press conference, she is an attention seeker.
Is she is out in public she is an attention seeker.
If she is at an event, she is an attention seeker.
- Is she not allowed to visit her family in Australia?
Would you prefer that her entire family was shipped to Denmark or to another country? Eventhough some of them presumably have jobs and what not, they can't get away from just like that.

Try give Mary the benefit of doubt and accept that she might also be a human being.

The Danish court is good at confirming issues that should be private (eg holiday in OZ) but warning about respecting privacy at the same time. How ridiculous. We've been here before. They are big attention creaters while claiming at the same time they want privacy what you dont get when you shout from the rooftops what you are going to do.

This OZ visit will be no different from the ones before. It will be a big "Mary Homecoming Tour" with lots of media that of course nobody wanted there. It will be a "Here I am" behind sunglasses on the most public places and statements requesting for privacy.

This whole circus reminds me of certain Hollywood B or C listers: Telling the Paps where there are going and then complaining about the harrassment.

Pictures of the pregnant Mary coming home to OZ in the world media are priceless, you dont need to be Einstein to know that. Its all about attention, the DRF is no different. Only that they usually do this ridiculous attempt to cover their true intentions.

:previous:

Couldn't say it better Muhler. And above all, LAW IS LAW. In some countries like mine, thank God it is a basic knowledge and understanding that people can control their image. Mary has every right to do whatever she wants. She is the Crownprincess in Denmark, so there is nothing ridiculous if you get some pics of her doing anything be it at the circus or on a more official event. And then if she wants to get pivate at her sister's then it's her will and the law gives her the right to do it so what's the problem? Poor us, poor paps, no twin-bump pics to sell to tabs or other magazines but that's life.:hammer:

I disagree with you.

It's Tasmania that has imposed privacy laws, which in my opinion should be a basic human right. It was the Tasmanian police which cautioned the photographers and informed them of the legislation.
Not the DRF.
What was the court supposed to do?
The interest surrounding Mary and her pregnancy is high and you can hardly hide her going to Tasmania. So why not confirm it while she is on her way? It would appear the press had got wind of it anyway.
The DRF did not publish her visit beforehand.

As for this being a publicity stunt. I think you are being unfair towards Mary and the DRF. What would be the purpose of going all the way to Tasmania just to hide behind sunglasses? If she wanted genuine exposure, she would attend some function in the full media glare.

I mean, come on! What is Mary supposed to do?
If she stay low, she is an attention seeker.
If she hold a press conference, she is an attention seeker.
Is she is out in public she is an attention seeker.
If she is at an event, she is an attention seeker.
- Is she not allowed to visit her family in Australia?
Would you prefer that her entire family was shipped to Denmark or to another country? Eventhough some of them presumably have jobs and what not, they can't get away from just like that.

Try give Mary the benefit of doubt and accept that she might also be a human being.

Thank you Muhler! Finally someone gets it.:flowers: It does not matter what she does it is always wrong, or there is some hidden agenda behind it. I see a young woman going home for a visit that will be very hard for her in a few months with two newborns. Did you ever think DoM that she might just be homesick and miss her family. She does not have a mother to discuss things with. It has been said many times she is very close to her older sister. I am sure the prospect of two new babies is overwhelming to her. It would be to anyone. Maybe she just needs a motherly shoulder and reassurance for a few days.

If she just dropped out of sight for a few days of not taking the kids to school, picking them up there would be rumors flying all over the place. I am sure the DRF knew something had to be said to stop it before it started. It is really time to stop making a mountain out of a family visit.

The media interest in Mary will never go away. Not here. And It's somewhat sure to only intensify as the years move forward with the growing of her children and the expectation of her becoming Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom