General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't Isabella or Christian enjoy their childhood without their parents (esp Mary) being criticised at how they're dress or if their hair gets messy throughout the day? Children are children royal or not. It's in their nature to get dirty and messy. They take pleasure in it.

Mary seems to be getting a lot of criticism about how Isabella is never dressed in colorful clothes, hair is out of place blah blah blah. Why is that such a big deal?

sorry to disagree with you, I love Mary's fashiion she is for me the best dreess CP but when we talk about the kids, specially Isabella I see a completely different taste, and certnly it is notmy taste the way she dress her kids, sorry different opinions!

No worries! I agree with you, as it was only a hint of irony from my side. :whistling:

Can't Isabella or Christian enjoy their childhood without their parents (esp Mary) being criticized at how they're dress or if their hair gets messy throughout the day? Children are children royal or not. It's in their nature to get dirty and messy. They take pleasure in it.

Mary seems to be getting a lot of criticism about how Isabella is never dressed in colorful clothes, hair is out of place blah blah blah. Why is that such a big deal?

To most it is not Pam. I love they are having as much of a normal childhood as possible just as you do. We get to see these children good and not so good behavior (which I do not see as bad only as normal) MOO. If they have children I would love to challenge them to take them to a one hour boring event and expect perfect behavior. They are not brought out 2-3 times a year to just be as someone said earlier "dolls". They are normal, happy, very active kids. Isabella is on the shy side with the press, yet we can see from the new pictures she is very spunky (pirate pictures) and has a beautiful smile (birthday picture). Christian is curious about everything and has boundless energy. I think the ones that are so critical must not have children, or they think royal children have an off and on switch.:flowers:

Point taken Dee! :) I do think though that Nikolai and Felix have always looked relaxed and happy, and not as though they've been inhibited in any way - and they have always been beautifully turned out. Children are different though - my husband and his brother are a case in point: my husband was one of those children who look neat making mud pies, while his brother was like a "wild man" from toddlerhood. To this day, my hubby hasn't a hair out of place (totally without effort) while his academic brother, while the better looking of the two, and utterly organised and competent, looks like Beethoven on a bad day...

Beethoven on a bad day!! Had a good giggle over this analogy.
If we go back a few generations to King Christian IX's children, they were wild indeed when young. Qu Victoria or her daughter Vicky once remarked that Queen Louise must have sturdy furniture as the children were so boisterous in there play. One son naturally became King of Denmark, second son became King George I of Greece, eldest daughter became Queen Alexandra of England and another daughter-Dagmar became Empress of Russia. So there boisterous happy childhood had no affect on there futures. Perhaps Frederik's children are following in their ancestors footsteps by being normal happy children. So many royals throughout history had miserable childhoods. These children seem to me to be perfectly normal.

does anyone know an official "move date"? I wondered since Mary has been a little slower in her duties this week and next if maybe they were in the throws of moving.

I think being maybe over 6 months pregnant with twins, we are starting to see Mary reduce official duties little by little. It is possible that the twins may be born in December. Isn't this time an autumn school break in Denmark? The CP Couple do not have any official public duties over the next week - so they could be taking the time to spend with Christian and Isabella before the twins come and they could be preparing to move to Amalienborg.
Any way, we will know about their activities in next week's Billed Bladet (Well, at least details about Prince Christian's 5th birthday party at least)

I, for one, certainly hope she slows down a bit. I know she's physically fit, but I would err on the side of caution in the last trimester with twins. I like to think of them settling into Amalienborg and nesting a bit, with just a few local engagements for Mary this Fall. :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary was seen shopping at Toys'r'us in Copenhagen, on October
13, surely in order to find some birthday presents for Christian and things for the
birthday party :) What a great promotion for the shop and that for free! :D

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Geat pic's, thanks for posting. Do we know who the lady with Mary is?

I'd say the lady with Mary is probably her P.A (personal assistant)....and before you say Caroline and Tanja are her P.A.'s I think Ladies-in-waiting are different to P.A's...P.A.'s probably help more behind the scenes, like shopping, organising, speech writing, whereas the L-I-W is the public face of assistance in a maybe a very limited way...Mary has to have a P.A. it makes sense, C & T can't do all those little things, because their focus is more on Mary's official public appearances...But I could be wrong, maybe it's just a friend of hers helping her out for the day...

I'd say the lady with Mary is probably her P.A (personal assistant)....and before you say Caroline and Tanja are her P.A.'s I think Ladies-in-waiting are different to P.A's...P.A.'s probably help more behind the scenes, like shopping, organising, speech writing, whereas the L-I-W is the public face of assistance in a maybe a very limited way...Mary has to have a P.A. it makes sense, C & T can't do all those little things, because their focus is more on Mary's official public appearances...But I could be wrong, maybe it's just a friend of hers helping her out for the day...
wow, i like your idea, I would love to have a PA, it would make my iife easier! that for sure! i am sur she has a lot of personal help that we don't know!

Thanks iceflower! What patience she must have to go on a shopping trip, however minor, and have photographers follow you in the store. On the other hand I think it's special that Royals can go out and shop, dine, etc. among the population. Gad, she still looks super in jeans and carrying twins. That makes me blue.:lol:

Could the woman be a security guard?

No, she is not a PET officer. There is currently one woman among the DRF's PET-protection detail and this is not her.

My guess is that she is just a member of the staff. Either nanny or Mary's ladie's maid.

Do the Danish Royals go about without security?

Do the Danish Royals go about without security?

Yes and no. Joachim and Princess Marie usually have no PET officers around. Often there is not even a uniformed police officer around.

The Regent Couple, Mary and Frederik and their children all constantly have PET officers nearby.
I've noticed that some newspapers tend to "crop out" the PET officers when possible. Also in a picture of Mary's visit to Toys R Us, there was a shadow of a figure who simply smelled like PET. That picture is not here on this forum however.

In particular high risk areas, like Afghanistan, it's FET (Defence Intelligence Service) agents who provide the security.

I presume you use to that, going around with security, I really wonder how it is and how you feel?, all the time somebody behind you. I would love that for my daughter when she rich her teenager years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom