The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
So M&F now have a busy job finding furnitures, not only for themselves but also for the new palace - and preferably in a way that suits the artwork as well as the palace itself.
Would you anticipate that a mix of modern and perhaps Louis XVI or Empire styled furniture shall be brought to furnish the Palace?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Would you anticipate that a mix of modern and perhaps Louis XVI or Empire styled furniture shall be brought to furnish the Palace?
Yes, something like that.

I haven't got much skills in that area, but I know some who would sign a contract to head the furnishing of the palais without hesitation and without reading the small print, should a horned gentleman suddenly appear and offer them the opportunity.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

What part of the year do they anticipate living at Kancelihuset? During the "school year?" Or will it serve as the weekend house, etc much as Fredensborg does for the Queen and Henrik? At some point, Christian will be going to Krebs, I would think, in Copenhagen. Is Krebs co-ed or will Isabella go somewhere else? IF so, where would she go?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, something like that.

I haven't got much skills in that area, but I know some who would sign a contract to head the furnishing of the palais without hesitation and without reading the small print, should a horned gentleman suddenly appear and offer them the opportunity.

One would imagine that the purchasing or at least, ordering of furniture, would have taken place well in advance of the family moving in?

Then again, perhaps making the apartment a home is a first priority. And quite understandably so.

I do hope that in time, and when it has been properly furnished, that photo's of the state rooms are made public.

It would be great to see how it all intergrates as an end result.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Madame Royale I'm sure all will agree that there is almost certain to be a judicious mix - I'm not sure that Empire is in keeping with the palace architecture, and the "Napoleon" message that accompanies the Second Empire (such as those gaudy stripes) might not mix well with Danish furniture. I'm sure that Mary is keen to incoporate modern Danish design. And, if they are going to be on a tight budget, they would probably be very happy to receive some contemporary furniture as a gift from a Danish design company. I'm sure they will purchase items that are environmentally sound - plantation timber, no timbers from endangered forests in South East Asia. They may take a shine to bamboo, such a lovely sustainable material and much used in Danish design these days. It's a shame that, with the 6 million kroner bill for wear and tear from the sightseeing tours, it's unlikely we will be invited to view the interiors, alas.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
What part of the year do they anticipate living at Kancelihuset? During the "school year?" Or will it serve as the weekend house, etc much as Fredensborg does for the Queen and Henrik? At some point, Christian will be going to Krebs, I would think, in Copenhagen. Is Krebs co-ed or will Isabella go somewhere else? IF so, where would she go?
I guess they will follow the same pattern as the Regent Couple.
Move to Fredensborg in late spring/early summer and move back to Amalienborg in early autumn.
I imagine they will spend time at Trend, Marselisborg, Cayz and Gråsten during the six weeks of school summer holiday, Easter, Christmas, the one week Autumn vacation perhaps.
I think the one week of winter holiday will take place abroad.

Amalienborg will remain the "office" as this is where the staff will be located anyway. QMII pendle back and forth betweeen Fredensborg and Amalienborg all the time, so why not M&F?

I far as I remember reading/hearing, they do not plan to furnish the palais completely right now. That would be insanely expensive!
Instead they will gradually aquire more furnitures and change the style from a, shall we say, austere beginning, to a more cosy look some years into the future.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Have to say, and this is MOPO, I'm not loving some of the decor that they have chosen for the palace rooms. Some of the rooms look more like a museum/art gallery than a private residence.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I far as I remember reading/hearing, they do not plan to furnish the palais completely right now. That would be insanely expensive!
Instead they will gradually aquire more furnitures and change the style from a, shall we say, austere beginning, to a more cosy look some years into the future.
Thanks.

It makes sense to acquire as they go, when one really thinks about it.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Nobility

Do people know that its been ten year since Fred met Mary
Old 09-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Nobility

Yes. A decade!! Congrats to the happy couple.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They met on the 16th September, day after it started.
Not quite a decade yet.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Have to say, and this is MOPO, I'm not loving some of the decor that they have chosen for the palace rooms. Some of the rooms look more like a museum/art gallery than a private residence.
But as I understand it, what we have seen are not their private rooms, but rooms to be used for official functions and as such it makes sense to use the rooms as a sort of art display. I suppose that is what has been done in palaces for centries - display of art (or wealth).
Personally, I love the contemporary update of these palace rooms. And rarely have choices made by the royal family got so much praise from Danish artists, architects, etc. as this new decor has.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Nobility

Give or take a four days. It'll be a decade this week. Thks for the exact date Lumutqueen
Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
But as I understand it, what we have seen are not their private rooms, but rooms to be used for official functions and as such it makes sense to use the rooms as a sort of art display. I suppose that is what has been done in palaces for centries - display of art (or wealth).
Personally, I love the contemporary update of these palace rooms. And rarely have choices made by the royal family got so much praise from Danish artists, architects, etc. as this new decor has.
You make some good points UserDane but.......I still think there is a place for this type of art, and I for one, would prefer to see it in it's appropriate forum. If I were ever lucky enough to be invited to this palace I would want to see it (the palace) in it's original beauty. Modern art is for a gallery, royal history is for ????
Of course artists, architects etc want to see their art being promoted in any forum at anyone's expense, as long as the price is right.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Some would suggest they have, with this contemporary interior, made it a part of royal history. Personally, I'd agree.

It really comes down to what we, as indaviduals, like. I'm really not fond of the colour of the walls in the main staircase. I find it a terrible colour and would have thought something light to have been perfect. But, it isn't my home or office.

I'd love to be a fly on the walls of that Palace when it's all furnished!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If I were ever lucky enough to be invited to this palace I would want to see it (the palace) in it's original beauty. .
I hope you will.
The palace/palais itself has been brought back to how it looked in the 1830's.

Up until recently the palace interior was 1930's and 50's style.
The palace has constantly been modified. It's dynamic, alive, a home.

Christian will probably put his personal touch on the palais he will reside in, presumably that of his grandparents, some time in the future. And who knows what style will be in 30 years from now?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Of course artists, architects etc want to see their art being promoted in any forum at anyone's expense, as long as the price is right.
Well, praise didn't come from those directly involved in the project; it was also from art revierwers from e.g. the serious newspapers. As Madame Royale says it is the continuation of a royal tradition of showcasing the best of what the country has to offer and as such their efforts have been applauded by the 'professionals'.
Of course we can discuss from now till doomsday what the best is, but still
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Well, praise didn't come from those directly involved in the project; it was also from art revierwers from e.g. the serious newspapers. As Madame Royale says it is the continuation of a royal tradition of showcasing the best of what the country has to offer and as such their efforts have been applauded by the 'professionals'.
Of course we can discuss from now till doomsday what the best is, but still
Ah well, this is where we agree to disagree I happen to think that 'what the country has to offer' has it's place and.....a royal palace is not that place. There are plenty of other public forums
Old 09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Courtier

At the end of the day, whether we like them or not, it is the Crown Prince and Crown Princess who liked the art works and gave the consent to have them in their palace. They are the ones who will live and work in the palace for the rest of their lives...not us. In addition to that, weren't the art works painted on canvas and not on the palace walls? So the art works can be removed and are not permanent fixtures of the palace. Years down the road if the CP Couple desires, they can donate the art works to a museum.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

well if the are not having a moving from the othr house and they have to get new furniture they will have as well to get everything else I mean from ta cups , plates and glasses to towels bed sheets, etc..... wow quite a lot but i am sure will not be a problem for them, sure danish royal porcelein will be glad to give them as a present many items!!!!