General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't find adorable Christian's behaivor. I really think they should "practice" more this kind of events with him, cause he'll have to endure him aaalll his life

I personally don't find adorable Christian's behaivor. I really think they should "practice" more this kind of events with him, cause he'll have to endure him aaalll his life

A child should act like a child, no matter who they are. Why try to make him act in a contrived manner?

As it is he is the only 4 (almost 5) year old I know of to approach people and extend his hand to shake theirs. He also waves to photographers and to the general public.

for these two reasons alone, I think perhaps his parents are doing a wonderful job as it is.

Christian and Isabella are normal children. They are only 4 and 3 years old respectively. How many 4 and 3 year olds will stand completely still for an hour? There are no perfect children!
Suppose the DRF only allowed Christian and Isabella to be seen publicly 4 times a year in staged photo shoots? People would complain that the children are not seen often enough.
As Christian and Isabella get older, they will learn how to behave at these kinds of events. Kudos to Frederik and Mary for not hiding their children away even with the possibility that they will act up in public.

I agree with staged events. Christian and Isabella have been seen at more unstaged events than any other royal children. I clearly remember some Dutch children at a Christening that acted very, very badly. They are children. They do not come with a how to behave like a Royal book at 2 years old. When Christian was in the wedding he was just wonderful. At least their parents try to make them behave even in front of the public and the press. They seem like very sweet, loving children that are very loved in return. Just wait until the twins arrive!

I wonder how does it work they need a key to enter to their house? I presume it is always security ther who will open the foor for them , not to worry if they loose or forget the key.... i think they do not use keys, but who knows.......

I wonder how does it work they need a key to enter to their house? I presume it is always security ther who will open the foor for them , not to worry if they loose or forget the key.... i think they do not use keys, but who knows.......

I think this is just the formality, and the key to the palace represents the formal transfer of the place to M&F.

I agree. There is nothing adorable or "normal" for children of Isabella's and Christian's age to behave the way they did. There are times for play and there are times for good behaviour. The parents in this case did not seem to have very good control or influence over the children.

I think this is just the formality, and the key to the palace represents the formal transfer of the place to M&F.
yes, I understand about the formality I just was thinking in normal days when they go out in their private life how does it work? do they have a key ? or just the security open the doors for them, I must say everytime i have to go away from my home for vacation, bussines, etccc. i mean sevral days or weeks I am always worry to be robed, i really envy
( in the good sense of the word) that they do not have that problem they go away and they have so much staff to take care of the place and th security not to be robed. and keep the place clean! must be nice to live like that!

I agree. There is nothing adorable or "normal" for children of Isabella's and Christian's age to behave the way they did. There are times for play and there are times for good behaviour. The parents in this case did not seem to have very good control or influence over the children.

I disagree. Whether their behavior was adorable can be debated, fair enough, but I'd certainly claim that they are normal.

It's not like they were running wildly around, whining their heads off or shouting. They were just normal, lively children.

In fact I think it's great and a very sensible thing to do, to bring Isabella and Christian to some public events at that age, so that they get used to public duties at as young an age as possible.
They'll learn soon enough to stand still for an hour and fake interest.

The press and the photographers have a cute story, forgetting all about Mary's belly for once and those who were also there had a diversion. If you look at people in the background you'll see few if any with their corners of their mouths turned down.

If I see children at that age standing still and act mature for an entire hour, I'd fear their spirits had been broken. And for what? Just so that their parents can pride themselves of having children who are fully "under control".

Well the only way that Frederk and Mary can "practice" these sort of events with Christian & Isabella is to continue to bring them to these sort of events.

Surely, you aren't expecting Frederik and Mary to pretend to make up an event and have photographers and the public there so that kids are used to the clicking of the cameras and the public noise?

Also, I agree with the majority....Christian and Isabella are children and are acting like children. I have known more stubborn 3 and 5 years old than adults in my lifetime. They will get used to the public attention as they age. We shouldn't expect them to be mature little adults at 5 knowing to stand still, wave on command and smile for pictures like they were 10 or 15.

Isabella and especially Christian are doing very good for children their age. Pics can be misleading, see the videos, it took Christian 2 seconds to roll on the ground before his mother immediatly told him to stand up. The pictures on the other hand suggest that he was doing it during almost the whole ceremony.

Anyway royals are not, children are children. They did nothing wrong but being 3 and 4! And yes they are adorable in every way.

Unlike the Danish kids, most royal kids only go to carefully choreographed short events, where they dont get the opportunity to get bored and eventually throw tantrums. Christenings and weddings usually show the reality with even Leonor of Spain running around to the annoyance of the King.
Christian and Isabella are often seen in public at "normal" events, behaving like "normal" kids what sometimes includes stepping over boundaries.

I am wondering though why the organizers didnt organize any chairs.

Oh come one, they're 4 and 3 years old. You can't expect them to behave the way Mary and Fred do at engagements like these. In time as they get older they'll learn to behave better. For kids their age I think they did fine.

Let the children be children, royal or not. You're only a kid once. They've got all their lives to be adults. You spend the rest of your life in adulthood anyway.

If you watch the video clips you will see that in fact the parents did have very good control of the situation:flowers:

Children are naturally exuberent, that's surely what makes them kids! And by bringing them to these events, over time, seasons them to the atmosphere of crowds, which they will see a lot of in future. And not forgetting, this is going to be THEIR new home, after years of watching the renovation, hearing chat about it all, finally their home is theirs - exciting for an adult, let alone a child!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #38, 2010.
Nu kan vi flytte ind - Now we can move in.
Written by Lisbeth Grube.

The official handover took place around the deadline for this week, so BB only got a couple of pics of M&F and children arriving for this weeks article. Instead they focus on the renovation of the palace. But that's nevertheless pretty interesting.

As you know that craftsmen had to move in again after almost halv a million people visited the palais (equivalent to about 8% of the population of DK).
The press chief of Slots- og Ejendomsstyrelsen = the government agency responsible for building owned by the state. Including Amalienborg), Jacob Holst Andersen explains:

"With this half a million people inside, fingers have been left on the walls, especially the door frames. Where that has happened we've had to repaint it. And you can't just paint the spots, so entire doors have been painted.
The floors have had carpets in order to protect them and the carpets have resulted in a difference in coloration in relation to the rest of the floors. So the floors have been sanded very slightly, about half a millimeter".
The repairs costed 750.000 DKK, which amount to about half of the funds that had been allocated for that purpose.
"Considering that half a million people have been visiting, it's incredible so little that needed repair. Nothing has been broken. I have myself seen a couple of places where the doors had hit the walls and made a hole (so no doorstop), but that trivial. People who have been here have behaved very respectfully. And they have stayed completely within the designated areas".

The surplus for opening the palais for the public is estimated at ending up at six million DKK (a little more than a million US Dollars). The money will be used to allow the public access to other buildings of cultural historical significanse.

- I'll leave it for the moderators to decide whether this post should be moved to the Amalienborg thread after a while.

It is a lock with a numberpad like from a safe, where you have to enter a code that is (presumably) longer than 4 digits :)

It is a lock with a numberpad like from a safe, where you have to enter a code that is (presumably) longer than 4 digits :)
that's good you do not need a key so only a good memory to remeber the numbers!

Billed Bladet's deadline was just around the time the transfer took place, so this week they cover what went on inside.

Summary of Billed Bladet #39, 2010.
Her skal vi bo - here we are going to live.
Written by Anne Johannesen.

It was two lively children, Isabella suffering from a slight cold, who stole the attention.

There were speeches - few paid much attention. Bella was still holding on to her first official bouquet but she and Christian applauded politely after each speech. Daddy got a lot more applaus however.

Frederik said: "My family and I have been looking forward to this day - actually since the very first piece of wallpaper was torn down. - Now we are standing here at the handoever of our new home, ready to start on a new chapter in our lives. - Now it's up to us to fill out the frames, to add presence and a personal touch to the palais. We are looking very much forward to that".

But almost an hour of official stuff is a long time, when you are a child. Bella danced around and was told by mother to calm down a bit.
At some point Christian laid himself down on the floor, and immediatly felt daddys finger tapping him on the back. Up, Christian.

Chris Minh Doky, husband og Mary's LiW, had composed a piece of music for the occassion to be played on trumpet by Jesper Riis, but at a few meters distance and being in possession of a delicate hearing as small children are, Bella and Christian as on command protected their ears with their hands.

After the official handover, M&F and the children had an informal and private meeting with their staff, before driving back to Fredensborg.

Frederik later confided to Ulrik Ulriksen: "We will only for for the dark period of the year at Amalienborg, and that is soon. During the summer months we will, so to speak, live in the country side, as you can call Fredensborg".

Isabella's necklace with a little heart is by the designer Mai Manniche, It is made on behalf of the Hearts Association and it's called a POWERheart necklace. The surplus of the sale of this necklace goes to the Heart Association.
(This is jewel-stuf, so pelase bear with me). The heart is obtainable in 24 carats Sterling silver and black oxidixed Sterling silver. The heart is adorned with white topaz gem-stones (Topas ædelsten).

Isabella and Christian are such adorable children! I'm so excited for the twins and whether it will be more boys or girls for the DRF!

Crownprincess Mary attends a reception at Ole Lynggaard Juwellery in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 30, 2010.

Belga gallery

The woman with her in two of the Pics is Julie Mølsgaard, a friend of Fred from his days at Krebs School :)

Mary's been busy lately.
This was either before or after the Culture Prize.

Although this is a little belated, I do not understand why people are saying that Christian and Isabelle acted badly. They are young children, any 3 and 4 year old would have acted the same way. Imagine it was yourself being that age, do you think you could have stood at a ceremony, for over an hour without entertaining yourself? Of course not. They are children. Regardless of if they are royal or not, they are still children, and should be treated, and expected to act as such.

Whilst I agree that children should be children, these kids extremely privileged and are far from "normal."
Christian, in particular, should know the difference between good and bad behaviour at this stage. I notice that it was finally the LIW who took them out as Mom didnt get much heed.

Whilst I agree that children should be children, these kids extremely privileged and are far from "normal."
Christian, in particular, should know the difference between good and bad behaviour at this stage. I notice that it was finally the LIW who took them out as Mom didnt get much heed.

It's unreasonable to expect that a little boy of this age should behave like an adult or even someone who is ten years of age, even a little boy who will be a King one day. I applaud Mary and Fred for letting their young ones to participate in these events rather than just trotting them out twice a year for a photo op. In the long run their children benefit by participating, even if they act up on occasion:flowers:

Mary's been busy lately.
This was either before or after the Culture Prize.

My guess is after, as the Culture Prize Event was in the afternoon and the photos of the reception at the Ole Lynggaard store look as if it went dark already?

I notice that it was finally the LIW who took them out as Mom didnt get much heed.

If you would have watched the videos, you would know that your remarks are way off :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom