General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
General news about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 5
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

Last edited by a moderator:
A lovely Christmas card! Seems the pic was taken in autumn,
the clothes they are wearing and the nature around them
indicate that. It's always so cute to see Ziggy as part of the
family..:) Thanks, Ccile!

Apart from the fact that Ziggy is included, I am not a fan of this card or picture that has been chosen. There is no point in looking down instead of straight into the camera, so Marys presentation is a bit annoying.

Then, I am sick of seeing especially the kids, especially Isabella, in these drab colours. It might fit the Country Life theme but in this context the picture is too much like straight out of an advertising catalogue, thank god Ziggys coat is not brown.

Thanks Ccile for the link.

At last, we get to see the Christmas card.
The whole family including Ziggy look happy and relaxed, the children are adorable.
They are certainly a beautiful family.
I like the setting and the outfits, Mary looking at the camera is perhaps the only change I would make
I certainly hope there are more photos to be released.

The Autum Family Walk picture is truly lovely.

Hope too that this is christmas card - as far as I have seen their cards are not snowy and like this... and it's very good and interesting.

Beautiful! :)

A nice family portrait in a beautiful setting, including Ziggy. Lovely.

That's a nice Christmas card, it's informal, but still classy and not cutesy.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2009/BB53.ashx?as=true&w=445

Oh that is a lovely Christmas card.
I am going to respectfully disagree with those wanting all family members looking at the camera. That would have looked too predictable, in my opinion. It is the most natural thing to check on two year olds and tell them what is going on as they walk along ;)
I think the choice of clothes is perfectly appropriate in this context. Frederik commented a while back that the children are not dolls. This is an outdoors loving family and the children have been learning to ride this year. It's a nice touch to have a Christmas card that reflects their characters.

Apparently Fred & Mary have a friendly child car which seems to stick your child in the back.

Pictures :lol:

Sad news for CP Frederik and CP Mary:sad:. They were attending New Year's Eve celebrations with their good friends George and Marie Louise Skeel, when one of the Skeel's former employees, a 78 year old man collapsed and died while out on a hunt (This happened on December 30th). CP Frederik's PET bodyguards tried to resuscitate the man but to no avail. A very sad ending to 2009 for CP Frederik and CP Mary.
More from http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/12/Frederiks%20uhyggelige%20oplevelse%20Saa%20mand%20doe.aspx:ohmy:

If we see a glum Crown Prince Couple during the upcoming New Year's courts, I wouldn't be surprised as seeing someone die is a terrible experience.

Apparently Fred & Mary have a friendly child car which seems to stick your child in the back.

Pictures :lol:

How interesting. :flowers:

Sad news for CP Frederik and CP Mary:sad:. They were attending New Year's Eve celebrations with their good friends George and Marie Louise Skeel, when one of the Skeel's former employees, a 78 year old man collapsed and died while out on a hunt (This happened on December 30th). CP Frederik's PET bodyguards tried to resuscitate the man but to no avail. A very sad ending to 2009 for CP Frederik and CP Mary.
More from http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/12/Frederiks%20uhyggelige%20oplevelse%20Saa%20mand%20doe.aspx:ohmy:

If we see a glum Crown Prince Couple during the upcoming New Year's courts, I wouldn't be surprised as seeing someone die is a terrible experience.

How awful of this to happen when they were celebrating New Year.

Frederik and Mary were out and about in Copenhagen after the New Year's Court for Diplomats, January 5, 2010:

Frederik og Mary shoppede | www.bt.dk

How sweet of them to shop together, haven't seen that in a long while. :)

Frederik and Mary were out and about in Copenhagen after the New Year's Court for Diplomats, January 5, 2010:

Frederik og Mary shoppede | www.bt.dk
They were shopping for their future home in Copenhagen! how great is it to see them together!:flowers:

Is that a new Prada bag for Mary?? I have the feeling that I've already seen that one but I can't remember where!

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

January 5, 2010. Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince
Frederik shopping during the winter sales in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

:previous:
I love the fact that Mary is stood outside a shop, and no one is bothering her. They're just carrying on. :flowers:

It seems that they were really relax at that time...

Was it really Isabella and Christian in the back of the car? It was quite an interesting set-up. I've never seen it before.

The rumours about Queen Margrethe abdicating have also been widely publicised in some of the poorer quality Australian magazines. Princess Mary stories seem to sell magazines as well as Wills and Kate stories and I presume that this is just a way of selling more magazines.

I wouldn't believe any of it until it is actually announced by the Danish Palace.

Yes, agreed, living in Australia, I see those magazines and they are good at 'grabbing' attention with sensational stories. Some of the things written about Mary and royal's in general do seem embellished, as I often have read accounts on this forum - before I see the article in the mags. By the time it reaches the mags - the content is a bit distorted from original information.

i read the same reports in a kiwi mag in the supermarket the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom