General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the admin do something about it. Not only is he/she unjustifiably rude, but to incorporate the Australian flag into the equasion is something I've taken offence with as the post is meant with ill intent and the Australian flag has no place or purpose in their post. To have it associated with the vile sentiment as displayed above is insulting. To me, it is insulting.

but for sure not a saint

No one is...

Ya...isnt she just such a saint..
Could you please explain to us what make Princess Mary so sickening to you?
What a shocking post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya...isnt she just such a saint..:flowers::flowers::flowers:.sooooo like Saint Diana....:flowers::flowers:....

I am wondering how long it's gonna take the Danes to realise what she really is...

Oh dear, someone didn't have their coffee this morning :flowers:

What exactly are Grasten and caix? Sorry just learning more about the Danish RF! Are these castles they go to in summer?

Why on earth would anyone say anything nasty about CP Mary? I think she does a great job! Is she perfect, of course not............are you?

What exactly are Grasten and caix? Sorry just learning more about the Danish RF! Are these castles they go to in summer?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f231/chateau-de-caix-cahors-france-23873.html

Caix is in France, the family vacation home.

Gråsten Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gratsen is the summer residence for the royals in southern Denmark.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-august-2003-2006-2007-2008-2009-a-13379.html

The family usually visit in August.

What an offensive comment, Jonasbee!

I was wondering if F&M did go to France for a few days if they would catch up with Victoria and Daniel.

I don't think they would catch up with Victoria and Daniel, it's their honeymoon and they should be alone.
We'll have to wait and see where they go, if anywhere.

I don't think they would catch up with Victoria and Daniel, it's their honeymoon and they should be alone.
We'll have to wait and see where they go, if anywhere.

Fred is quite close to Victoria. I wont be suprised if they will end u p meeting with her & Daniel.
I find it quite normal for people to meet other if they were on their honymoon.

Fred is quite close to Victoria. I wont be suprised if they will end u p meeting with her & Daniel.
I find it quite normal for people to meet other if they were on their honymoon.

I know they're close, but it's a honeymoon, they should spend however long they are away together. Plenty of time for showing off holiday snaps when they get back. :)

I've been reading up on the current royals, and one thing that really impresses me is the ability some people, including CP Mary, show in making the difficult transition from average person to royalty. To me, her shift from Aussie businesswoman to the future matriarch of the Danish court shows determination in going after her heart to a distant land, perseverance in learning a difficult language to the point of fluency, and wisdom in handling such a life-altering choice. I've only seen pictures of her, but I believe she'll be a very good Queen of Denmark. I also think she's a very pretty woman.

Hmmm... it seems we've gone off topic. CP Mary bashing is not productive or interesting to anyone here. It seems that you have made your feelings about her clear, and let's leave it at that. Unless some scandal develops (and I highly doubt it), let's be happy that their little family is so happy and healthy.

Hmmm... it seems we've gone off topic. CP Mary bashing is not productive or interesting to anyone here. It seems that you have made your feelings about her clear, and let's leave it at that. Unless some scandal develops (and I highly doubt it), let's be happy that their little family is so happy and healthy.

I agree wholeheartedly. This isn't the place for someone's agenda so let's move on.

I think we all agree that opinions can differ, but we should
always stay respectful towards each other and those people
we are talking and discussing about! Therefore certain posts
have been deleted.
Now it's time to move on and get back to the topic of this thread!

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

- Danish Forum Moderators -

I've been reading up on the current royals, and one thing that really impresses me is the ability some people, including CP Mary, show in making the difficult transition from average person to royalty. To me, her shift from Aussie businesswoman to the future matriarch of the Danish court shows determination in going after her heart to a distant land, perseverance in learning a difficult language to the point of fluency, and wisdom in handling such a life-altering choice. I've only seen pictures of her, but I believe she'll be a very good Queen of Denmark. I also think she's a very pretty woman.
Well said Dralcoffin. In the many years since she has married into the Danish Royal Family she hasn't put a foot wrong. She deserves to be commended for that. And of course nobody is perfect.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #28, 2010.
Mary of Frederik i sommerhus - Mary and Frederik in summer cottage.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen, who is the all-round royal reporter.

The summer weather has been great lately here in DK and M&F and their children have spend some time in a luxury summer cottage, right next to the water in Tisvildeleje. (*)
The summer cottage is owned by the older Heerings. The younger Heerings also have a summer cottage nearby.
Tisvildeleje is a popular destination for people going to the beach and there are loads of people around nurturing their skin cancer.
M&F were not alone there, with them went some friends and their children. Chrsistian Levin and his pregnant Sofie Glahn, Peter Bang and wife, Christiane Meulengracht. Both couple have their own summer cottages nearby
Mary was observed jogging along the beach and Frederik had brought his Christiania Bike, which he usually use to transport his children when he takes them to or picks them up from the kindergarten. So presumably he went cyckling with the children.

(*) Northern Zealand, actually not that far from Fredensborg.

I was able to get some pics :)

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and their children at the
beach of Tisvildeleje, Denmark, July 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Lovely family holiday, have they gone with Caroline and her family?

Great find Icflower, thanks for the pictures & thanks for the article Muhler.
I like Christian's grass green trunks and Bellas pink swimsuit.
Do we know how long they are there for?

Thanks for the pictures iceflower! They all look like they're having fun.

I was able to get some pics :)

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and their children at the
beach of Tisvildeleje, Denmark, July 9, 2010.

** Pic 4 **

Is that a tattoo on F's arm?

Is that a tattoo on F's arm?

Yes, just like his grandfather, Frederik IX, Crown Prince Frederik also has a number of tattoos.
Frederik IX wasn't called the "Sailor King" for nothing.

Yes, I noticed the body art myself. Not a fan.

Has anyone been to that beach? It doesn't look particularly warm but that family is always a treat to watch.

In the "Good Lord, is that all NAP thinks of?" category - Mary being 38 years old, does anyone believe that there will be a third child for them?

General posts about Mary and Frederik, that does not belong to a specific topic.

Not sure where to post this. Perhaps the moderators can advise? :flowers:

A BT article http://www.bt.dk/royale/vennen-afsloerer-k...ejsehemmelighed
about Holger Foss, a close friend of Frederik, who is giving an interview in Børsen Weekend - a financial magazine.

In that article he tells about how he and Frederik cruised through USA after finishing at at Aarhus University.

Excerpts from: Vennen afslører Frederiks rejsehemmelighed - Friend reveals Frederik's travel secret. (*)
Written by Kenan Seeberg.

Today 42 years old Holger Foss, who is sales manager in Tieto Danmark, and still a close friend of the Crown Prince, reveals that Frederik lived at a hostel, when they both toured around in USA in an old worn Cadillac Convertible worth 2.500 $, after studying in Århus. (**)

- "We had the Cadillac shined up a bit, packed two rucksacks, two rolled up mattrasses and tape recorder, and a thick book with addresses of all sorts of people, we could on the way (***) and then we drove", tells Foss.

On the way trough USA the two friends among other places slept in the car, camped in a national park and spend the night at ordinary Americans, whom they met on the way.

- "We lived at hostels, at a ranch in Nevada, at a Mormon family in Utah, we camped in a national park, and we lived in the car at Graceland (you know: Elvis), because it rained so much", tells Holger Foss to Børsen Weekend.

The trip lasted a month and a half, where the Crown Prince was almost incognito. (****)

- "The good thing about both Århus and USA was that, people may have known who Frederik was, but that was it. Back then we had some free space", tells Holger Foss. (*****)

(*) Not that sensational. Details from that journey was also mentioned in a recent portrait book about Frederik.

(**) And later Harward, if I remember correctly.

(***) They stayed with some of these people.

(****) However they may have had to explain why two anonymous gentlemen from PET was always trailing Frederik around.

(*****) One of the reasons why Frederik enjoyed his time at Aarhus University was that even though he was naturally recogniced when he went to town, he was left alone.

You're welcome! :flowers:

Here are some more pics of the family's day at the beach!

I think that on pic 10 CP Frederik is making a time-out "T" to let
the photographer(s) know that it's enough and that he/they should
leave after already having made several pics..

And pic 3 is really cute! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 ** Pic 12 **

Great pictures iceflower! I think that's a good idea that Frederik put up the "time out" signal. Is it as hot in Denmark as the rest of Europe?

What lovely pictures iceflower! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. They are a beautiful family.

You are both most welcome :flowers: Katrianna, it's not as hot as in
other parts of Europe, around 20-25 °C (68-77°F), depending on
where in Denmark..Actually a perfect weather for a beach day with
kids..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom