General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Katrianna, the tabloids presumably weren't in the room (when the Queen spoke to Mary), to know how she spoke or exactly what she said, so they have put their own spin on things as usual. And because Mary is generally very careful, this was a chance to 'have a go"... at Mary.

The press spokeswoman's comment was brief and uncomitting, though. It doesn't suggest the slightest inclination of friction between Mary and her mother in-law.

Here in Australia, most papers will write about Mary so that isn't something uncommon. Some articles are bigger in some papers, in others they can be much smaller. Though largely, our media remains relatively undiscriminatory in that way.

I think most take any such "news" with a 'pinch of salt'. Especially when it's relayed to the gloss mags ;):)
Exactly! I think most people know not to take this sort of thing seriously. By next week it will blow over and be forgotten.

Frederik and Mary's hofchef (Head of Household/etc), Per Thornit, has resigned his post and will complete his duties at the end of April. Thornit has been with the Royal Family since 1985, working in various posts including secretary to Frederik and Joachim from 1990-2004. Queen Margrethe has given him the position of Treasury Officer of the Danish Royal Orders once he finishes his post with Frederik and Mary.

Google Translate

Frederik and Mary's hofchef (Head of Household/etc), Per Thornit, has resigned his post and will complete his duties at the end of April. Thornit has been with the Royal Family since 1985, working in various posts including secretary to Frederik and Joachim from 1990-2004. Queen Margrethe has given him the position of Treasury Officer of the Danish Royal Orders once he finishes his post with Frederik and Mary.

Google Translate
so he was not obligated to resign, he got a new job taking care of the Royal orders, I do not know where I read but I thoguht that they make him to resing?????

well i can understand at this age he probably wants to enjoy life too! and taking care of the orders i am sure it is like a part time job, i wonder what he has to do or what is his durty with the orders?

Whoever should be his replacement, I hope they maintain the level of service and sound advice Per Thornit has provided over the years.

I agree, Madame Royale. He or she has some very big shoes to fill. Per Thornit has been an excellent and loyal employee for the royal family. I have read that he will still continue to work for the family by working in administration of the royal orders.

At 68, I think he might deserve a little downtime. It was very nice of the Queen to give him an honorary position.

:previous: Wow! What a furore over an event that never occurred. Namely the Queen reprimanding Mary, over a dinner she attended. I am sure that over the years Queen Margrethe has cautioned Mary, given her invaluable advice, supported her unswervingly, and adores her daughter-in-law. A fact she has said publically herself. :D

This does not make for good headlines. So off the paparazzi go chasing unicorns . . . . . . yet again. :bang:

Here's the original source of the pics, that includes three more:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark hit
the slopes of the Swiss Alps with their children, March 31, 2010:

** zimbio gallery **

They really like Switzerland for ski trips don't they...

I think Switzerland is a beautiful country, but I have to be honest, I actually find it a little boring...haha. I could NEVER visit as often as they do.

I believe this is the Heering family they skied with.

It'd be lovely to see them on photo session in nearest days :flowers:

The trip to Verbier was due to the fact that Fred had an IOC meeting in Switzerland on the 30th or 31st March.

Yeah I know he was there with the IOC, I just can't believe they enjoy skiing so much..haha.

Quad biking in the snow, thats got to be more scary than doing it on grass. :)

I read somewhere, Victoria and Daniel are in Verbier as well. Perhaps Mary and Fred will meet up with them for a drink and maybe chat about the upcoming wedding!

Thanks for the pictures.
Mary is a lovely ski outfit, love the color. Its cute seeing little Christian carrying his little ski's.
Do we know for how long they are staying there?

Thanks for the pictures.
Mary is a lovely ski outfit, love the color. Its cute seeing little Christian carrying his little ski's.
Do we know for how long they are staying there?

I have read that they were staying through Easter. Since they have engagements this week, I would imagine that they are probably returning today or tomorrow.

I've never seen an all purple ski outfit before. It looks gorgeous on Mary. I hope they're having lots of fun!

Lovely pictures.
The ones with Mary and Christian are so sweet. Christian is such a loving child.
Isabella is a little cutie, love the photos of her and Frederik.
Looks like they all had fun.

Wonderful to see them on holiday again as a family. :)

Such a sweet family!
It is always pleasing to see the photos of them together! ;)
Especially Christian hugging his mum and smiling is priceless:flowers:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom