General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unions want Crown Princess Mary's help | Adelaide Now

BLUE collar trade unions want Denmark's Crown Princess Mary to intervene on behalf of Australian oil riggers in a long-running industrial dispute. Danish container shipping giant Maersk is refusing to accept the right of its 50 Australian staff to collectively organise through a union, unions say.

in the photos i saw a little girl, i thoguht what a pity for isabella not to be here! may be they were not invated? main thing it was the celebration of somebody else and not fred,

Sometimes, parents need a llittle down time together, I suppose. Wonder if Mary's father and step mother are looking after the girls?

It would be very hard for me to leave my children while on vacation or business trip. They would have to come with me. The only way I'd leave them is if a family member is looking after them. Maybe that is what they did.

It would be very hard for me to leave my children while on vacation or business trip. They would have to come with me. The only way I'd leave them is if a family member is looking after them. Maybe that is what they did.

They've left the kids with Mary's father in the past. Perhaps he watched them this time as well.

It's good for a married couple to have some "alone" time now and again. It is hard to leave your children, but it's good to get away too:flowers:

It's Parsifal III who supplies the hats so I'm sure the owners buy in bulk. The hats are given to anyone who rents out the yacht.

Well, I guess if you are paying that much a 'free' hat is the least they could do ;)

Unions want Crown Princess Mary's help | Adelaide Now

BLUE collar trade unions want Denmark's Crown Princess Mary to intervene on behalf of Australian oil riggers in a long-running industrial dispute. Danish container shipping giant Maersk is refusing to accept the right of its 50 Australian staff to collectively organise through a union, unions say.

This article is almost three months old, and the matter has been resolved. They never needed the Crown Princess' "help", but Instead, people power worked: The Australian Workers Union: Two-year campaign gets enterprise agreement with Maersk

Princess Mary could never have helped the workers anyway because she couldn't become involved as a Royal.

i wonder how muc cost to rent it?????

:previous:
Agreed. Rarely do royals get involved in any issues that is political.

I'm sorry but just because she was brought up there, there is nothing she could have done. She has little power in Denmark let alone in Australia.

I'm sorry but just because she was brought up there, there is nothing she could have done. She has little power in Denmark let alone in Australia.

Absolutely correct.

This is an issue on government and/or ambassador level should there be any official involvement from DK.

If Mary were to say or do something on behalf of the Australian union, the Danish Prime Minister would request Queen Margrethe to tell the Crown Princess to mind her own business.

In theory there could even be a question from the Australian government as to why the Danish Crown Princess is interfering in a Australian domestic issue.

I know Tasmania is part of Australia but it is not part of the mainland, what she was being asked to deal with was a mainland union problem am I correct? Thats even more far-fetched.

I know Tasmania is part of Australia but it is not part of the mainland, what she was being asked to deal with was a mainland union problem am I correct? Thats even more far-fetched.

That really has little to do with it though, I have to say. Mary is from Tasmania and Tasmania is a part of Australia. Mainland or no mainland, she was an Australian.

I entirely agree with Muhler, though. My sentiments exactly.

Sounds like a media beat-up to me. The Unions would or should know better than to ask a royal to help with something controversial. And don't forget Baron Maersk McKinney Moller is a good friend of HRH. He gave them his private jet to travel to their honeymoon destination. He transported the Melbourne tram to Denmark for free. He has helped the Crown Prince couple in many things. So Mary would never get involved in any dispute concerning Maersk.
And yes Muhler is spot on with his comment.

I wonder how the island dwellers of Denmark would react to such a statement, seeing as their capital, Copenhagen is actually not part of the 'mainland' either, as you say!

Sounds like a media beat-up to me. The Unions would or should know better than to ask a royal to help with something controversial. And don't forget Baron Maersk McKinney Moller is a good friend of HRH. He gave them his private jet to travel to their honeymoon destination. He transported the Melbourne tram to Denmark for free. He has helped the Crown Prince couple in many things. So Mary would never get involved in any dispute concerning Maersk.
And yes Muhler is spot on with his comment.

The unions never actually asked for her help...it was just a means to get media attention about a serious issue.

I wonder how the island dwellers of Denmark would react to such a statement, seeing as their capital, Copenhagen is actually not part of the 'mainland' either, as you say!
They're used to it...we have so many jokes regarding the Devils :lol:

And I am sure Crown Princess Mary would know them all...

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2010.
Isabella og Christian til globryllup (*) - Isabella and Christian to gawking-wedding.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Last weekend a well-known badminton player in DK, Tine Rasmussen, was married at Fredensborg palace church.
Nothing unusual about that, except that the couple was driven in a horsedrawn carriage with two black horses. - All within wiewing distance of Kancellihuset, (150 meters to be exact) where Mary, Bella and Christian had just just returned from a bicycle ride. Dadday Frederik was presumed sleeping after having sailed around the Island of Funen in a race, - and won.
Now, horses, carriage, dresses and what not, that can make any little girl stop in her tracks, even a genuine Princess like Isabella: "Look mum, look", she was heard shouting.
Okay, we'll look for a while. Bella was fascinated, Christian was interested too, but had to burn off some more energy by jumping up and down a bit. - And Mary? Well, like any mother I guess she was just patient.

After a while she called for the children to come inside. No way! This horse-stuff was much more interesting. Eventually the children did go inside with Mary.

(*) Globryllup. = People looking at or even attending a wedding out of curiosity. A common expression in Danish. And by definition a considerable percentage of the members of this forum will go to "globryllup", when Victoria and Daniel gets married later this month. - As such the word is neutral.

You may have noticed that Frederik turned 42 recently and Billed Bladet did indeed plant a reporter outside Kancellihuset to observe what went on during the day.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2010.
Børnene vækkede mig med gaver - The children woke me up with presents.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Our reporter caught up with Frederik when he left Hotel Marriott after the opening of the International Lawyers Conference and asked: How were you celebrated this morning?
F: "As you are when you have good/nice children". And explained how Christian and Bella had tiptoed in early in the morning and said congratulations. With them they brought presents which daddy of course had to open at once.
"It was really cosy and I got some nice presents. A bit of clothes and stuff like that, but also some drawings the children had made themselves".

But there were also adult well wishers. At 19.30 sharp fourteen close friends of the CP-couple arrived. Caroline Heering and her husband. Christian Buchwald and wife. Jeppe Handwerk and wife. Julie Mølsgaard and Christoffer Carstienskiold and Ellen Hillingsø. To mention some of them.
After a welcoming drink in the garden, (our reporter must have patrolled around the house), it was time for a dinner.

QMII dropped by Kancellihuset during the day to say congratulations. In the evening she went to the opera. There is no mentioning of Prince Henrik, so I guess he isn't at home.

Sounds like a wonderful family birthday.

very cute children...I also like the story about CP Frederick's birthday...cute family

All news of the Crown Prince family & Prince Christian being the flower boy and attending CP Victorias wedding has been moved to the
Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding
thread

:flowers:

Aww, that's such a sweet story about the kids wishing daddy a happy birthday.

Wearing black in this weather.
Lovely event, shame Frederik wasn't there.
Isabella looks so grown up. :flowers:

I love Christian smile and how he is holding and resting his face on Mary's arm.
They look like they are enjoying the sun and the summer weather but Mary's outfit is not the best summer daytime outfit. Looks like she dyed her hair darker.

I also love that picture of Christian, he is such a happy child.
Isabella is delightful little girl. I love that we see their personality, and it's even better that they are allowed to have a personality.

Summary of article in BT.
Diplomatiets lille prins - The little Prince of diplomacy.
Written by Katja Maria Salomonsen..

http://www.bt.dk/royale/diplomatiets-lille-prins

Mary, Christian and Bella went to circus at Amager, the island next to Copenhagen.

Cirkus Summarum as it is called, is especially for small children and that includes some all-time favourites of children for the past many years, who is singing, dancing and having fun. Including two absolute favourites from TV, Bamse & Kylling = Teddy & Chicken.

Our reporter caught up with them before entering the circus tent and she asked Christian: "Christian, who is the sweetest? Bamse or Kylling"?

Christian cheered: "All of them". After displaying this diplomatic trait, he impaitiantly pulled Mary's hand. Mary smiled: "They are very much looking forward".

I don't know whether Bella is toasting a reporter or just showing off her water bottle

Little Christian seems to know how to be charming in front of the camera's. Perhaps it is an inherited trait from his father. He'll probably be a little heart breaker as he gets older. Mary is wearing her pink and blue pendants on a thin chain. Blue for boys and pink for girls. First worn to Isabella's christening.

Her name is Isabella!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom