The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

I thought that Mary has these knowledges from somewhere earlier but anyway it┤s so great to hear that She is learning sign language. It will be very useful and surely She needs that very very much. And of course there will never be too much languages what to talk

10 points to CP Mary

Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Thank you antonieta and Userdane for your help.

I like that Mary can sign or is leanring to sign, she certainly gets involved with everything she does.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm glad the hard work she does has been noticed.
She is the hardest working royal I know after Princess Anne.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

I'm not sure she is learning it, probably it was just one lesson on that meeting?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell View Post
I'm not sure she is learning it, probably it was just one lesson on that meeting?
I think you are right; according to the article, Bogdan who is blind and deaf tried to introduce Mary to the special communication system he is using. I don't think that Mary is learning the sign language (as yet, who knows if she will )
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Billedbladet is reporting that Mary was invited to Oprah Winfrey, but Mary does not follow the invitation:

Google ▄bersetzer
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Billedbladet is reporting that Mary was invited to Oprah Winfrey, but Mary does not follow the invitation:

Google ▄bersetzer

The invitation wasn't for Mary only.
The Oprah's staff contacted the court if they could have Mary or anyone else of the DRF.
Oprah would like to have Crown Prince Frederik at her show as she knows he's running to IOC.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post

Google ▄bersetzer
I can see the sense in why she refused, but it would have been nice. MM and Haakon were on CNN the other day I believe.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Both hosts are very different, Christiane A is CNN's international correspondent, Oprah W is in this case a high-profile talk show host who has been instrumental in Obama's campaign (she does a lot of other stuff in media too). I think it's all about the Obamas and espcially Michelle, it's nice to get a royal into the show in order to get the PR circus for Friday running. There will be a reason why the DRF declined the invitation. As host of the IOC meeting it is vital to be impartial and it would be the wrong forum for Frederik to promote his upcoming election as IOC member.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's another article about the Oprah invitation:
jp.dk - Mary sagde nej til Oprah

Oprah's show is based in Chicago, and she has a very strong link to the city. It is possible that the invitation was declined since Chicago is one of the cities vying for the Olympic bid. It may have been seen by the royal house as something that would be too political to participate in, since Oprah is often associated with Chicago. It's really too bad, IMO. It would have been a chance to introduce an American audience to the DRF (many Americans don't know about the DRF).
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Oprah show is a talk show and not a serious show so I can't imagine a royal or a head of state doing an interview with Oprah Winfrey even if she's one of the most famous and powerful woman in the USA.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Oprah show is a talk show and not a serious show so I can't imagine a royal or a head of state doing an interview with Oprah Winfrey even if she's one of the most famous and powerful woman in the USA.
Actually, it is a show that covers serious topics as well as lighter topics. Oprah has had Queen Rania on the show before, so it really wouldn't be something out of place among her show topics. She has also featured heads of state on the show.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Oprah's show is a talk show that handles a variety of issues. She has discussed child abuse, rape, incest as well various heads of states and entertainers. While I would hardly classify Oprah in the same class as Christiane A. or a Walter Cronkite, her show is certainly not on the same page as Jerry Springer or Maury Povich.

I certainly understand and respect the decision of the DRF not to appear on the Oprah show. While many royalists (mainly us) would have loved to see it...it would appear to favor the Chicago bid.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Royals on talkshows? The thought of it makes my stomach churn.

They are not celebrities and to entertain the idea they (the DRF) should wish to go on a chat show was rather presumptuous on Oprah's behalf.

I should hope the decision had nothing to do with the Chicago bid, rather, it was deemed (and rightly so) unbefitting for any member of the royal family to appear on any such television program.

Quote:
Oprah has had Queen Rania on the show before
Precisely. Both woman are highly skilled in the "art" of self promotion, despite their best efforts to project otherwise. The Queen of Jordan stated she's fortunate to be Queen as it gives her the opportunity to meet people like Oprah. Please...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Article and 2 pictures of Mary with the children shopping a ta discount shop IIva
can be found here

and here is another article on how Isabella looks like her father P.Frederik.
It says that when her hair is pulled back/away from her face she looks like her father, Article & Picture gallery
Old 10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like that Mary shops out and doesn't shy from the press. And Isabella does look incredible like her father.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, it is great that she doe thing lke norma people, i wonder what didshe buy??/ hey look gfreat!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The article says that she bought a brick, but I think that something must be lost in the translation. I think it's great that she took the children shopping with her.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

It looks like they were furniture shopping and I don't blame Christian for sitting down on the sofa and giving it a test. I do feel for Mary, trying to shop with two young children and obviously being photographed by someone (or perhaps a whole pack of paparazzi) when you are "off duty". Not an ideal situation!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

Christian, Isabella and Mary

Billed-Bladet - Mary med Christian og Isabella i Ilva