General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they were furniture shopping and I don't blame Christian for sitting down on the sofa and giving it a test. I do feel for Mary, trying to shop with two young children and obviously being photographed by someone (or perhaps a whole pack of paparazzi) when you are "off duty". Not an ideal situation!

Apparently someone took a picture of them by their mobile phones and sold it to the agency that published them :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
The article says that while Prince Frederik was involved in the
IOC events, CP Mary went furniture shopping with the kids on
Saturday morning. While she was shopping, the kids were
crawling around and trying out seats. And the article says that
they weren't much noticed by other visitors.

Well, other reports have described that last part it a bit differently ;)

Thanks iceflower. They sound like any other normal family out shopping. :flowers:

Really? How awful. People have no sense of privacy. :ermm:

I agree! As much as I love to see the young royals out and about, there are times when we need to respect their privacy.

It's one thing to photograph them at a family event (like a christening) when they expect to be photographed, but when out furniture shopping, that's a bit much.

Last edited:
BB has an article and picture gallery of Frederik & Mary in action while at different events, click here

Look, I understand M&F want to be hands on parents but given their circumstances (royalty with staff) and the situation (be it furniture shopping/browsing) and having a history of disliking invasions of privacy maybe the sensible thing to do would have been to leave the kids at home...Geez, I am not royal but the very idea of taking my children along when a significant purchase is to be made is asking for trouble...Not because I fear the paparazzi but because they cloud my judgement and distract me frommy main purpose...Maybe Mary is better at handling these things?

Look, I understand M&F want to be hands on parents but given their circumstances (royalty with staff) and the situation (be it furniture shopping/browsing) and having a history of disliking invasions of privacy maybe the sensible thing to do would have been to leave the kids at home...Geez, I am not royal but the very idea of taking my children along when a significant purchase is to be made is asking for trouble...Not because I fear the paparazzi but because they cloud my judgement and distract me frommy main purpose...Maybe Mary is better at handling these things?
I do agree that Mary would have had more chance of not being noticed if she left the kids at home....they all have very well- known faces....;)

Last edited:
Perhaps part of the objective for the outing was to give the children some normal experiences.

I was in Denmark some months ago and noticed that the public generally give the family space for normal stuff, behaving respectfully without hounding them. Sometimes a photo or two will surface. In January there was a photo in one of the weeklies of Mary taking the children to the interactive science center Eksperimentarium. There was even a single photo circulating a few years ago of Mary and Queen Margrethe dressed very casually, going to the movies together.

BB has an article here about a lecture given on Mary and how she never made a mistake since arriving in Denmark.

General mistakes or fashion mistakes? What kind of mistakes is BB talking and I agree with putting her in such a high pedestal.

I agree with the other posters. This is kind of strange, IMO. It sounds like BB gave a lecture (not sure if people had to pay to attend) where they praised Mary. I like Crown Princess Mary as much as the next person, but I find this event to be kind of strange.

Something must be lost in translation! I love Mary, but she's certainly made some mistakes. Everyone does.

Apparently these two people don't think she has put a foot wrong. :ermm:

Princess Mary, with Christian and Isabella in Tivoli

Kronprinsesse Mary sprang køen over - Royale - BT.dk

I love seeing them out and about like this, I do wish they'd gone to Australia though.
Are Christian and Isabella not in nursery or was this at the weekend? :)

Thanks for the article and pictures, sgl & Paty. :flowers: Looks as if they had great fun. Isabella is indeed very cute. :wub:

Perhaps part of the objective for the outing was to give the children some normal experiences.

I was in Denmark some months ago and noticed that the public generally give the family space for normal stuff, behaving respectfully without hounding them. Sometimes a photo or two will surface. In January there was a photo in one of the weeklies of Mary taking the children to the interactive science center Eksperimentarium. There was even a single photo circulating a few years ago of Mary and Queen Margrethe dressed very casually, going to the movies together.

Normal for those kids IS having the camera around!!! Geez, if there was no attention or interest in the future heir(s) of Denmark there would be outrage in the other direction, along the lines of "Don't you know who we are! We are your royal family!!! Adoration and respect please" :) So I guess I see where Mary is coming from now...showing that any outing to the "real" world comes with it attention, cameras and followers, Christian and Isabella this is normal, YOUR normal...She is in effect training them to be media savvy...Smart woman!!

I have to take my kids shopping all the time. Mary does it too, so what. They expect to be photographed when out in public. They just don't want them to crowd the children, or invade their privacy. And I think privacy is defined by when Christian took off his swim suit at the beach (last year?) and ran around w/o any underware or pants on. Which I agree is over the top. But they get photographed a lot and don't get too upset, annoyed sometimes perhaps which is understandable, but they are not crazy about it.

Lovely pictures :) I like Christian's new haircut,he looks like a little boy now rather than a baby.So,does anyone know if there was a birthday party for him?Or maybe they're waiting for his father to return? :flowers:

I must say, I was really disappointed to see these photos. Of course, they are featured in a tabloid that seems to enjoy sensationalism. I do agree with you, Duke of Marmalade-she does resemble Mary.

There are at least two other men sitting with them. For all we know she is with one of them. Why should Mary say anything. Much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom