The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

i am not sure if this is the right threat to ask but the restauration of thir new home-palace which cost a lot of money, who is paying for that?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a thread. The Amalienborg thread.

And in answer to your question, the state will being paying the costs of the renovations as Amlienborg is owned by the state. It is not a private residence and so it's upkeep is the responsibility of the government. Though the official home of the Danish Royal Family, it does not belong to them, rather, they require it's use during their lifetime.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a jewelry fair going on at the Bella Centre in Copenhagen through the weekend. One of the pieces on display will be the tiara worn by CP Mary during the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday earlier this summer.
jp.dk - Marys diadem udstilles

The tiara is worth 1.5 million kroner, and is studded with 1340 diamonds. It is made from sterling silver and black gold.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
There is a jewelry fair going on at the Bella Centre in Copenhagen through the weekend. One of the pieces on display will be the tiara worn by CP Mary during the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday earlier this summer.

The tiara is worth 1.5 million kroner, and is studded with 1340 diamonds. It is made from sterling silver and black gold.
lucky her to use such a beautiful piece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
There is a thread. The Amalienborg thread.

And in answer to your question, the state will being paying the costs of the renovations as Amlienborg is owned by the state. It is not a private residence and so it's upkeep is the responsibility of the government. Though the official home of the Danish Royal Family, it does not belong to them, rather, they require it's use during their lifetime.
thank you dor your explanation, might be great not to have to worry about paying mortgage, gas, water or electricity!!!!! and live in such luxuty place!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
thank you dor your explanation, might be great not to have to worry about paying mortgage, gas, water or electricity!!!!! and live in such luxuty place!!!!!!
Just because they are Frederick and Mary, and aren't paying the mortgage don't believe that's its free.

As I stated in another thread, everyone always thinks of the glamour of royal life and none of the realities. Yes, they wear nice clothes and BEAUTIFUL jewelery, travel the world, etc but they have no privacy, have to be happy and pleasant 24/7, are responsible to the people of Denmark (who can decide if they stay or go), etc.

Not to go totally off topic but royalty has it pluses and minuses.

That said, I think that Frederik and Mary are doing a great job. And I must make it my business to visit Denmark.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

It's stunning. Mary looked wonderful with it on.
And monarchy does have it pluses and minus. Mary and Frederik do such a wonderful job.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Billed Bladet has an article that talks about how Frederik and Mary help each other with their speeches:
Billed-Bladet - Frederik og Mary hjælper hinanden med talerne
This is an extension of the recent interview that Crown Prince Frederik gave to BT. It also talks about how Mary helped him to quit smoking. Perhaps the most interesting part of this article is that it lists 10 little things about the prince such as:
He loves to drink Sprite.
He wears a diver's watch from Citizen.
He gets together each year around Christmas time for a reunion dinner with his former classmates.
He took off all of his clothes at a pre-wedding party for his friend Peter Heering.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Billed Bladet has an article that talks about how Frederik and Mary help each other with their speeches:
This is an extension of the recent interview that Crown Prince Frederik gave to BT. It also talks about how Mary helped him to quit smoking. Perhaps the most interesting part of this article is that it lists 10 little things about the prince such as:
He gets together each year around Christmas time for a reunion dinner with his former classmates.
He took off all of his clothes at a pre-wedding party for his friend Peter Heering.
Hahahaha, how funny to imagine a naked prince Frederick dancing and jumping in the crowed of pre-wedding guests....hilarious.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I remember the stripping for Peters wedding.
Have they not done the ten little things before now? I remember it?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think so, lumutqueen. They tend to recycle things from previous articles and incorporate them into new articles from time to time. Not sure why they do this, but the top ten list is an example of this.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
lucky her to use such a beautiful piece!
That is a beautiful tiara. I hope she wears it again. When Mary, or Marie, want to borrow a piece how does that work? Who do they ask? Wonder if anyone is ever turned down?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I remember the stripping for Peters wedding.
Have they not done the ten little things before now? I remember it?
I think they have; I seem to remember a comment somewhere in a Danish newspaper or magazine 'Lucky Mary ....'
Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Majesty

How many times do they have to post this article? Once should be enough unless they have an axe to grind.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
That is a beautiful tiara. I hope she wears it again. When Mary, or Marie, want to borrow a piece how does that work? Who do they ask? Wonder if anyone is ever turned down?
I may be wrong, but I think that the Danish royal ladies have never borrowed tiaras so I don't think there is any precedence of this. I so hoped the royal family had acquired this very beautiful tiara for their collection (still crossing my fingers that we may hear that some rich person, like Mrsk McKinney-Mller, have purchased it as a gift for the royal collection ).
Old 08-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I hope that the tiara stays with the Royal Family in particular Mary, it is beautiful. It was part of an exhibit of Danish Royal Tiaras that Mary "borrowed" from to wear at a gala. I think that it was designed as a honor to Mary and her Australian roots as it represents the wattle flower, a native to Australia. If I am incorrect I hope someone with provide the correct info.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I hope that the tiara stays with the Royal Family in particular Mary, it is beautiful.
Is there a picture of the tiara somewhere, I can't seem to find one.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Is there a picture of the tiara somewhere, I can't seem to find one.
Here is one of Mary, courtesy of PPE-agency, wearing it at the gala for prince Henrik's 70th birthday - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

And a close-up here En parade af prinsessedrømme på slottet | Fri (From berlingske fri.dk)

If you click 'Sdan laver man en tiara' under the smaller picture of the tiara further down, you'll see a series of 9 pictures of how this 'midnight tiara' was created.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Here is one of Mary, courtesy of PPE-agency, wearing it at the gala for prince Henrik's 70th birthday - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

And a close-up here En parade af prinsessedrømme på slottet | Fri (From berlingske fri.dk)

If you click 'Sdan laver man en tiara' under the smaller picture of the tiara further down, you'll see a series of 9 pictures of how this 'midnight tiara' was created.
great photos, thank you so much , it is very interested to see how they make it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
great photos, thank you so much , it is very interested to see how they make it!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, very interesting. It is such a wonderful Tiara.

Mary looked wonderful in her recent engagement, I hope both Mary and Frederik do some engagements together soon.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post

Thanks UserDane. I really like the tiara and brooch. It is quite different to the usual styles that we see.