General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny I was out at Hillerod today around the gardens and kept having to wait for the bikers to pass when I was crossing roads didnt realize he was competing. Saw him later at Fredensborg (I am not stalking I love the gardens out there) he was back in the suit and tie off somewhere. Im glad he enjoys the competition though I wonder if he joined the other bikers who seemed to have some kind of meal (takeaway style) after the finish line.:lol:

:previous: Did you see Frederik during the race? Were there a lot of participants? Did you notice any of his security around?

Picture of the crown Prince during the race & here is a video
He took part in it last year as well and took him about 7hrs to finish.

kbear said:
I was crossing roads didnt realize he was competing. Saw him later at Fredensborg (I am not stalking I love the gardens out there) he was back in the suit and tie off somewhere.

He changed because he had another event to attened see here

Last edited:
So funny I was out at Hillerod today around the gardens and kept having to wait for the bikers to pass when I was crossing roads didnt realize he was competing. Saw him later at Fredensborg (I am not stalking I love the gardens out there) he was back in the suit and tie off somewhere. Im glad he enjoys the competition though I wonder if he joined the other bikers who seemed to have some kind of meal (takeaway style) after the finish line.:lol:
KBear, I'm just curious: can you actually see the couple's private residence when you walk in the public gardens? How close can you get? I'm sure you can't peek into their kitchen I hope....?:whistling:

KBear, I'm just curious: can you actually see the couple's private residence when you walk in the public gardens? How close can you get? I'm sure you can't peek into their kitchen I hope....?:whistling:

:previous:
I doubt she can get very close, security everywhere i imagine. :) I didn't even know the gardens were open when the CP couple were in residence. :flowers:

Can someone please help?

Billed Bladet has an article about Mary
"Flittige Mary knokler for kongehuset"
My translator is having an off day, if someone could translate it for me please I would be very thankful

I doubt she can get very close, security everywhere i imagine. :) I didn't even know the gardens were open when the CP couple were in residence. :flowers:
You can walk up the main drive part way to view the actual castle. I think their residence is on the right as you go in you are quite close but yes there is security and in answer to an earlier question no you defintily cannot see in a window :ROFLMAO:
There are public and private gardens there and part is only open at certain times if the Queen is not in residence. The main parkland I think is always open and absolutely beautiful. I didnt see Frederick during the race I think and to be honest his security seemed very discreet at the places I did see him so I probably wouldnt have noticed them anyway. I was very impressed at how unobtrusive they were at the palace and the archery nothing on the scale of british security at all.

Last edited:
Can someone please help?

Billed Bladet has an article about Mary
"Flittige Mary knokler for kongehuset"
My translator is having an off day, if someone could translate it for me please I would be very thankful

"Industrious Mary bones of the Royal House"

The meaning of the sentence is 'Busy Mary works hard for the royal house"

I thought that Mary has these knowledges from somewhere earlier but anyway it´s so great to hear that She is learning sign language. It will be very useful and surely She needs that very very much. And of course there will never be too much languages what to talk :)

10 points to CP Mary :flowers:

Thank you antonieta and Userdane for your help.

I like that Mary can sign or is leanring to sign, she certainly gets involved with everything she does.

Last edited:
I'm glad the hard work she does has been noticed. :flowers:
She is the hardest working royal I know after Princess Anne. :)

I'm not sure she is learning it, probably it was just one lesson on that meeting?

I'm not sure she is learning it, probably it was just one lesson on that meeting?
I think you are right; according to the article, Bogdan who is blind and deaf tried to introduce Mary to the special communication system he is using. I don't think that Mary is learning the sign language (as yet, who knows if she will :))

Billedbladet is reporting that Mary was invited to Oprah Winfrey, but Mary does not follow the invitation:

Google Übersetzer

The invitation wasn't for Mary only.
The Oprah's staff contacted the court if they could have Mary or anyone else of the DRF.
Oprah would like to have Crown Prince Frederik at her show as she knows he's running to IOC.

Both hosts are very different, Christiane A is CNN's international correspondent, Oprah W is in this case a high-profile talk show host who has been instrumental in Obama's campaign (she does a lot of other stuff in media too). I think it's all about the Obamas and espcially Michelle, it's nice to get a royal into the show in order to get the PR circus for Friday running. There will be a reason why the DRF declined the invitation. As host of the IOC meeting it is vital to be impartial and it would be the wrong forum for Frederik to promote his upcoming election as IOC member.

Here's another article about the Oprah invitation:
jp.dk - Mary sagde nej til Oprah

Oprah's show is based in Chicago, and she has a very strong link to the city. It is possible that the invitation was declined since Chicago is one of the cities vying for the Olympic bid. It may have been seen by the royal house as something that would be too political to participate in, since Oprah is often associated with Chicago. It's really too bad, IMO. It would have been a chance to introduce an American audience to the DRF (many Americans don't know about the DRF).

Oprah show is a talk show and not a serious show so I can't imagine a royal or a head of state doing an interview with Oprah Winfrey even if she's one of the most famous and powerful woman in the USA.

Oprah show is a talk show and not a serious show so I can't imagine a royal or a head of state doing an interview with Oprah Winfrey even if she's one of the most famous and powerful woman in the USA.

Actually, it is a show that covers serious topics as well as lighter topics. Oprah has had Queen Rania on the show before, so it really wouldn't be something out of place among her show topics. She has also featured heads of state on the show.

Oprah's show is a talk show that handles a variety of issues. She has discussed child abuse, rape, incest as well various heads of states and entertainers. While I would hardly classify Oprah in the same class as Christiane A. or a Walter Cronkite, her show is certainly not on the same page as Jerry Springer or Maury Povich.

I certainly understand and respect the decision of the DRF not to appear on the Oprah show. While many royalists (mainly us) would have loved to see it...it would appear to favor the Chicago bid.

Royals on talkshows? The thought of it makes my stomach churn.

They are not celebrities and to entertain the idea they (the DRF) should wish to go on a chat show was rather presumptuous on Oprah's behalf.

I should hope the decision had nothing to do with the Chicago bid, rather, it was deemed (and rightly so) unbefitting for any member of the royal family to appear on any such television program.

Oprah has had Queen Rania on the show before

Precisely. Both woman are highly skilled in the "art" of self promotion, despite their best efforts to project otherwise. The Queen of Jordan stated she's fortunate to be Queen as it gives her the opportunity to meet people like Oprah. Please...:sick:

Article and 2 pictures of Mary with the children shopping a ta discount shop IIva
can be found here

and here is another article on how Isabella looks like her father P.Frederik.
It says that when her hair is pulled back/away from her face she looks like her father, Article & Picture gallery

Last edited:
I like that Mary shops out and doesn't shy from the press. And Isabella does look incredible like her father. :flowers:

yes, it is great that she doe thing lke norma people, i wonder what didshe buy??/ hey look gfreat!

The article says that she bought a brick, but I think that something must be lost in the translation:lol:. I think it's great that she took the children shopping with her.

It looks like they were furniture shopping and I don't blame Christian for sitting down on the sofa and giving it a test. I do feel for Mary, trying to shop with two young children and obviously being photographed by someone (or perhaps a whole pack of paparazzi) when you are "off duty". Not an ideal situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom