General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What (possible) self-pitying, self-asborbed, self-centred conversations they might be...makes me cringe just to think about it...!!!

IMO that is your interpretation and it tells more about you then it does about the Scandinavian hires.

As I read the article, they are doing what every sensible person would do - they are sharing their knowlege and experiences in order to get even more skilled to do their jobs.

But it is in your right to take the negative standpoint as:

..but sometimes it is a mockery of us, common people when those in positions of power and privilege gripe about the hand they have been dealt and how difficult their lives are...Please!!!

As far as I understand the article, it isn't about - "how difficult their lives are". It is about getting better at doing their jobs to the benefit of the "common people" of either Sweden and Norway and Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

(Not the "common people" from any other part of the world - like Australia where you are from).

I agree with Lena when she writes:

Always when we got a glimpse of the "real Scandi heirs", it wasn´t a picture of highly intellectual conversations, seriousness and tristesse. )

Actually IMO they are networking just like I am with what that contains of non intellectual conversations, seriousness and tristesse......the only difference is that there are so few of them and so many of me.

I have got lots of people within my profession with whom I can network. People who can help me to preforme better tomorrow then what I did yesterday. I use this network of mine to learn - and I definitly am expecting my future head of state to do the same with the very few people who is in his line of profession.

I am very pleased to read that CP Frederik, CP Victoria and CP Håkon are using the knowledge each of them have to the benefit of their respective countryes.

So as I wrote, Xeara. I do respect thay you have got your oppinion - but I just don't concur :flowers:.

I agree with you, Lilla. I think that this friendship between the royals is a positive thing, not negative; through text and email they have the opportunity to share ideas and thoughts in an informal way, which can only be beneficial to the three of them.

And yes, Xeara, I'm sure they do moan - but so does everyone and we're not all self-centred, self-absorbed and self-pitying. I got the impression that they are using others' experiences and ideas to perform better in their roles.

Actually IMO they are networking just like I am with what that contains of non intellectual conversations, seriousness and tristesse......the only difference is that there are so few of them and so many of me.

I have got lots of people within my profession with whom I can network. People who can help me to preforme better tomorrow then what I did yesterday. I use this network of mine to learn - and I definitly am expecting my future head of state to do the same with the very few people who is in his line of profession.

I am very pleased to read that CP Frederik, CP Victoria and CP Håkon are using the knowledge each of them have to the benefit of their respective countryes.

So as I wrote, Xeara. I do respect thay you have got your oppinion - but I just don't concur :flowers:.

Well, of course they would discuss, how to perform better tomorrow than yesterday.
What I know CP Frederik had e.g. given Victoria tips, when she was quite uncertain about her role in her early twens.

But I don´t think really, that they discuss, how to save electricity, how to save gas...or Haakon telling them, how to fight Aids...in Emails.

In other words I am sure they discuss the "show", but not the essence...

But I don´t think really, that they discuss, how to save electricity, how to save gas...or Haakon telling them, how to fight Aids...in Emails

No I don't so think either. This discussion IMO are for the politicians, interest groups and grassroots organisation to take.

Will there be a release of their Christmas card this year?

This depends on the press getting their hands on it (either by persons, who got it...or maybe they self get it to the editorial office)
The photo of last year´s card is on the official homepage of the Crown Princely couple, but it´s not marked as Christmas card. So if Billed Bladet wouldn´t have gotten the card last year, we wouldn´t know it´s the picture on the Christmas card.
To make a long story short: The Danish Royal family doesn´t put the cards (with signature and all) on their homepage(s) like the Spanish RF...

As it seems this is the card
http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2008/BB52.ashx?as=true&w=445
I am honestly disappointed...and had hoped for a new picture. This one must be at least 7 months old. And the quality of the shoot is far from superb. The camera had "caught" Christian best and he looks quite sweet.

yes i thought the same ... isabella looks way younger than we've seen her recently. i would date it around her last birthday or so ... christian looks very cute in that ankle and funny enough, fred is looking at his son and mary is looking at the camera :rolleyes:

I think that's from the pictures taken for Frederik's 40th birthday. Which makes it seven months old.

It's a bit sad that they took this pic!! it's quite old but anyway it's a great pic

But maybe they are going to do a photoshoot on the christmas day like they did a couple of years ago??

Do you really think this is their Christmas card? I don't think this seams to be an old picture and not a Christmas card at all!! Or they want a normal picture :nonono:... or they want a Christmas card and to call it a Christmas card it must be something different, new and seasonable!!!

Yes it´s the Christmas Card, as you could see in the Photo is writen "Jul 2008" = "Christmas 2008"

The card is a disappointment when I was hoping for a good recent picture of Isabella; however, perhaps M&F feel the children are already so exposed to cameras they wish to spare them a formal sitting.

The card is a disappointment when I was hoping for a good recent picture of Isabella; however, perhaps M&F feel the children are already so exposed to cameras they wish to spare them a formal sitting.

then they should scrap all the uncontrolled off-duty outside shoots (for example the constant exposure in australia). millions of children are photographed by their parents (or royal circles by a private photographer) inside their own walls, nothing to worry about. i wish they would find a better balance regarding the media in 2009.

Fred on the roll @ Xmas

Frederik alene til modelfest

Last edited by a moderator:
The card is surprising, and nice photograph of course but the baby in the photo nowhere resembles the little lady Isabella is becoming.

Thank you for the link. Interesting source Facebook.
Using google translation, Fred shows up at a model party with friends after midnight on a Friday night until after 3AM without Mary but *quote "behaved exemplary" (i'm afraid my hubby would be in the doghouse for Xmas, )

Translation needs a translation to me (if someone would be so kind) but i kinda get the gist. *(my thoughts, questions or confusion)

Crown Prince Frederik was the loose(?:ohmy:) Friday evening for the annual celebration of Scoop Models, held at Langelinie Pavillionen
Forty, but neither bold or finished:ROFLMAO:. Crown Prince Frederik was
to(!) loose with the beautiful, young, Copenhagen models - without Mary.
........Scoop Models annual Christmas party, and around midnight Frederik arrived with his comrades to everyone's surprise.
-One of the young male models walked over to Crown and asked if they had to put arm (what does THAT MEAN? dance???). But Frederick did not,
- He tried repeatedly, but unsuccessfully. (i'll bet his friends were waiting with cell phone cameras)
Instead hyggede (please what does this mean, especially in context with young models???) Frederik with, among other things, the exclusive nightclub NASAs owner, Kim Thurman and several of the young, blonde female models.
Crown had frequent guest on the dance floor and got some draft inboard (HUH???? that makes no sense to me).
- Since I left the party at. 03, Frederik was still says another participant, however, stresses that Frederik behaved exemplary:ermm:

Instead hyggede (please what does this mean, especially in context with young models???)

Hygge means "cozy" loosely "close" or "comfy" with another, others, or with your and/or in your surroundings. Something like that

Thank you GlitteringTiaras (hope it wasn't toooooo hygge!)

I know that it is an older photo, but I really like this year's Christmas card. Isabella is growing up quickly, so it is nice to look back to a time when she still had her baby features.

Kronprinsesse Mary let himself tempt of the January sale, and went on shopping in the inner Copenhagen.
Financial crisis, or if only bangs good sale offers - crown princess Mary bought the January sale together on Friday along with their stylist Anja Alajdi in the inner Copenhagen.
Scarcely enough the new year has started, before the sale is started according to traditional practice. And the offers apparently are so good this year that crown princess Mary let oneself tempt to, to go hunting for sale offers at the fashion stores in Copenhagen's inner town, writes BT.
According to the newspaper crown princess Mary looked interested on desginertøj from among others Yves Saint Laurent and Marc Jacobs.
Mary and Anja visited for instance also the fashion store Rue Verte, who is owned by Margit Brandt's daughter, Julia, where Mary managed to try on more scarves and dresses.
Now we can thus only look forward to when we get permission to see Mary, in part of her recently acquired designer clothes.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1548wv6.jpg

article from billed-bladet

Even royals are human and sales are for human:D

Thanks cecile.

:previous: Och aye. She's a canny lass is our Mary. :cool:

Reportedly, there were savings up to 70% so this particular sale attracted some attention.;)

who do you think took the picture of mary in the sales? by the quality i guess it was a shopper as well as opposed to a paparazzi. i guess the fact that (almost all) mobile phones now have cameras makes it more difficult for famous people to go unnoticed!

Mary looks somewhat annoyed at having the photographers photograph her.

:previous: I would be less than happy having the paparazzi chasing me around when I was shopping for clothing or underwear. Every item she looked at or tried on would be listed in some rag the next day quoting the size and price of every item. It sort of takes the fun out of the tradition of post Christmas sales shopping. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom