The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you really think this is their Christmas card? I don't think this seams to be an old picture and not a Christmas card at all!! Or they want a normal picture ... or they want a Christmas card and to call it a Christmas card it must be something different, new and seasonable!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes it´s the Christmas Card, as you could see in the Photo is writen "Jul 2008" = "Christmas 2008"

Old 12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Gentry

The card is a disappointment when I was hoping for a good recent picture of Isabella; however, perhaps M&F feel the children are already so exposed to cameras they wish to spare them a formal sitting.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness

Snowy Christmas for Aussie princess Mary - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-24-2008, 04:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier View Post
The card is a disappointment when I was hoping for a good recent picture of Isabella; however, perhaps M&F feel the children are already so exposed to cameras they wish to spare them a formal sitting.
then they should scrap all the uncontrolled off-duty outside shoots (for example the constant exposure in australia). millions of children are photographed by their parents (or royal circles by a private photographer) inside their own walls, nothing to worry about. i wish they would find a better balance regarding the media in 2009.

Fred on the roll @ Xmas

Frederik alene til modelfest
Old 12-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Nobility

The card is surprising, and nice photograph of course but the baby in the photo nowhere resembles the little lady Isabella is becoming.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the link. Interesting source Facebook.
Using google translation, Fred shows up at a model party with friends after midnight on a Friday night until after 3AM without Mary but *quote "behaved exemplary" (i'm afraid my hubby would be in the doghouse for Xmas, )

Translation needs a translation to me (if someone would be so kind) but i kinda get the gist. *(my thoughts, questions or confusion)

Crown Prince Frederik was the loose(?) Friday evening for the annual celebration of Scoop Models, held at Langelinie Pavillionen
Forty, but neither bold or finished. Crown Prince Frederik was
to(!) loose with the beautiful, young, Copenhagen models - without Mary.
........Scoop Models annual Christmas party, and around midnight Frederik arrived with his comrades to everyone's surprise.
-One of the young male models walked over to Crown and asked if they had to put arm (what does THAT MEAN? dance???). But Frederick did not,
- He tried repeatedly, but unsuccessfully. (i'll bet his friends were waiting with cell phone cameras)
Instead hyggede (please what does this mean, especially in context with young models???) Frederik with, among other things, the exclusive nightclub NASAs owner, Kim Thurman and several of the young, blonde female models.
Crown had frequent guest on the dance floor and got some draft inboard (HUH???? that makes no sense to me).
- Since I left the party at. 03, Frederik was still says another participant, however, stresses that Frederik behaved exemplary
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Instead hyggede (please what does this mean, especially in context with young models???)
Hygge means "cozy" loosely "close" or "comfy" with another, others, or with your and/or in your surroundings. Something like that
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you GlitteringTiaras (hope it wasn't toooooo hygge!)
Old 12-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...i/_BRO4446.jpg

Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella
December 19, 2008
Marselisborg Chrismas
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...i/_BRO4446.jpg

Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella
December 19, 2008
Marselisborg Chrismas

this is old picture - the little copy of the palace was presented to Princess Isabella.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I know that it is an older photo, but I really like this year's Christmas card. Isabella is growing up quickly, so it is nice to look back to a time when she still had her baby features.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Photo gallery of "Mary's 2008" from Billed Bladet
Billed-Bladet - Marys år i billeder
Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Kronprinsesse Mary let himself tempt of the January sale, and went on shopping in the inner Copenhagen.
Financial crisis, or if only bangs good sale offers - crown princess Mary bought the January sale together on Friday along with their stylist Anja Alajdi in the inner Copenhagen.
Scarcely enough the new year has started, before the sale is started according to traditional practice. And the offers apparently are so good this year that crown princess Mary let oneself tempt to, to go hunting for sale offers at the fashion stores in Copenhagen's inner town, writes BT.
According to the newspaper crown princess Mary looked interested on desginertøj from among others Yves Saint Laurent and Marc Jacobs.
Mary and Anja visited for instance also the fashion store Rue Verte, who is owned by Margit Brandt's daughter, Julia, where Mary managed to try on more scarves and dresses.
Now we can thus only look forward to when we get permission to see Mary, in part of her recently acquired designer clothes.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1548wv6.jpg

article from billed-bladet

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Even royals are human and sales are for human

Thanks cecile.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Och aye. She's a canny lass is our Mary.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Royal Highness

Reportedly, there were savings up to 70% so this particular sale attracted some attention.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

who do you think took the picture of mary in the sales? by the quality i guess it was a shopper as well as opposed to a paparazzi. i guess the fact that (almost all) mobile phones now have cameras makes it more difficult for famous people to go unnoticed!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

Mary looks somewhat annoyed at having the photographers photograph her.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be less than happy having the paparazzi chasing me around when I was shopping for clothing or underwear. Every item she looked at or tried on would be listed in some rag the next day quoting the size and price of every item. It sort of takes the fun out of the tradition of post Christmas sales shopping.