The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
They can still go to watch and support other nations.
I wonder if Daniel & Victoria may attend?
x
They can support Canada

Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
kids it is normally that they have tantrums, the only thing i wonder how many hours a day the parents spend time with them? i had an student that she had 5 nannies, my goodness she had so many behavor problems and her sister too, they used to go to my daughter school, they kick them out becasue of bad behaivour and the parents have a lot of money, donations to the school, etc... and even that the school took them out! what i want to mean if the kids are too long with nannies some times the bad behavour it is to have the attention of the parents, but in the case of Christian and Isabella, I really i don't know how they really grow up if they are normal amount of time with the parents or not? who really knows??????

Mary and Fred have a large amount of interaction with their children and do raise them. The nannies are there to help. Fred and Mary wake the children up in the am and eat breakfast with them. They then take Christian to school. In the evenings they are the ones putting them to bed etc. Not the nannies. Christian was in his parents room until he stopped breast feeding. They are very involved. The nannies are there to watch the children when the parents are not home, and to help out when in public or on a trip. There are two full time nannies and one parttime one. They work in shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I am under that same impression avrilo... and this obviously not be a popular thing to say but have had these thoughts for a while now. Hopefully it is his age Prince William was a bit of a brat for quite a time and look at the darling he now is. It must be difficult for Mary to bring her children up in an enviroment that is one she herself has not a huge amount of experience in. I hope things are ok there though time will tell. Parents inthis particulas time have a tough time I think all this drama that goes on explaining to 3 4 and 5 yr olds no one seems to want to take matters and be in charge however I am off topic and will get a telling off. I agree with you.

Believe me this is very normal for children his age. Christian is very docile and well behaved for his age. yes, he has tantrums, but that is normal. You should see my son. We are in charge of him. But you cannot stop a child from expressing himself. Just wait to you have children, you will see he is not a brat. He is a normal child.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
Mary and Fred have a large amount of interaction with their children and do raise them. Fred and Mary wake the children up in the am and eat breakfast with them. They then take Christian to school. In the evenings they are the ones putting them to bed etc. Not the nannies. Christian was in his parents room until he stopped breast feeding. They are very involved.
Please don't get offended, but how do you know this? I think that only people who live with them can know about such details for sure.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
Please don't get offended, but how do you know this? I think that only people who live with them can know about such details for sure.
They have both stated this in interviews.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with kotroman, you have to live with them to know all this for sure!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Majesty

By the same token, I think you can't compare what happened to a child in your classroom to other children just because they have nannies. No two people will react the same way given the same situation.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I agree with kotroman, you have to live with them to know all this for sure!

There is no reason for Mary and Fred to lie. They have also been photographed taking their children to school in cars and on their bikes.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Staff cut for Princess Mary

FINANCIAL difficulties could mean Princess Mary will be whipping the vacuum around while Frederik does the paperwork... - Article
Come on people, this financial crisis article is from AUSTRALIA'S HERALD SUN newspaper. TheY wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. This news article is purely speculation by a news service who love to deal in scandal. How on earth would an Australian news outlet know anything about HRH Mary.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
should be possible to go ahead. other royals have done it before, like queen rania who had her foot in a cast in 2006 but still managed to visit the netherlands.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...KP3Vf/340x.jpg
And very beautiful the Queen looked too. I'm sure that the CP will go ahead with the trip, once he gets used to walking with the cast he will be able to get around just like you or I, with a little limp perhaps.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
mmmm Denmark is not presisly a wintersports nation like Finland, Sweden and Norway, they better pray the curling team qualify or there might not be any danish athletes to cheer for
If Frederik is going to be a member of the IOC - which seems to be almost 100% sure - then he will attend both summer and winter Olympic games, whether there are Danish athletes to cheer for or not.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
If Frederik is going to be a member of the IOC - which seems to be almost 100% sure - then he will attend both summer and winter Olympic games, whether there are Danish athletes to cheer for or not.
Hmmm I agree with you.
But wouldn't he represent Denmark at these events or would he just be obliged to attend as a IOC representative?
x
Old 03-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
There is no reason for Mary and Fred to lie. They have also been photographed taking their children to school in cars and on their bikes.
Having an image of devouted and caring parents is a very good reason to lie for future king and queen. Being photographed in the public cannot indicate their true relationship with their children.

I don't have anything against The Crown Prince and Crown Princess. I'm just being realistic.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Courtier

But the way how the children interact with their parents when being photographed in the public is a good indicator for their true relationship. Of course everybody wants to have the image of caring and devoted parents but you can't make 3 years (and minus) old children pretend closeness if there isn't any.

So far I haven't seen anything that indicates that Mary&Frederik are not the devoted and caring parents they said they want to be. The same goes for all the other royal couples of that generation.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

we will finally find out whether they are good parents or not in May 2029, when prince christian will do a speech on the occasion of his parents' silver wedding anniversary
Old 03-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Courtier

Yes, I am very curious what he will have to say.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Royal Highness

I think it's abit unfair to refer to a three year old boy as being a brat just because a few photos show him having a tantrum. I would find it odd if the little man just stood there in stony silence frightened to express himself when he is upset/tired/fed up/having a tantrum. Of course no one except those who live with him will know for sure what he is like or how good his parents are. However, I get the impression that Frederik and Mary love their children very much and spend much quality time with them in the same way Queen Margrethe did with Frederik and Joachim.

The important thing for any child, rich, poor, royal or not, is having a stable routine, much love and plenty of fun especially at the age of three.

Suffice to say that in royal terms, I think the Danish Royal family have done a much better job at raising their children over the last couple of generations than the British Royal Family.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Gentry

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but here is an interview with Princess Mary: Princess Mary: ordinary Aussie | The Age
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editrix View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but here is an interview with Princess Mary: Princess Mary: ordinary Aussie | The Age
I was just about to post this. I thought it was nice to hear Mary talk about her life as a mother. I'm definitely excited at the prospect of another baby for Frederik and Mary. I wish I could buy the magazine...
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Moderator Emeritus

New Official Gala portraits of Crown Prince Couple.

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - Officielle gallabilleder 2009

Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
New Official Gala portraits of Crown Prince Couple.

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - Officielle gallabilleder 2009
They are beautiful pictures.
There is a gallery on PPE Agency.
x