General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Welcome to the second thread for General News about Frederik, Mary and Family. The first thread can be found here.

This is the topic where you can post articles, links to videos, and other news stuff that might not fit anywhere else.

Of course, TRF Rules and FAQ still apply.
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation/infringement to post translations of entire articles. The best thing to do: Translate the article using your own words and summarize it. Just because other sites translate the entire articles, word for word, then proceed it post it -- you shouldn't. It's against the law! Furthermore, you don't want to be sued, handed a cease and desist, and be the one responsible for shutting down TRF forever, right? So please, follow the copyright rules and all shall be golden. Even if your translations may not be perfect, at least you tried and tried to get the gist of it. That's what is important.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
So if you find something that may not fit anywhere else please post it here.

Enjoy and have fun!
Mandy, Marengo, GT, and Empress:flowers:

Frederik is on the cover of Her og Nu along with Joachim, and there is article along with it.

DERFOR SES DE ALDRIG

Sidste nyt om Frederik og Joachims svære forhold. Tidligere tiders venskab mellem kronprins Frederik og prins Joachim er erstattet af sporadisk og kølig kontakt.

According to the journalist, they have a sporadic, cold/chilly, distant relationship, and apparently they don't have much contact. Or something along those lines.

Click [URL="http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_0810.jpg"]here [/URL]to view.

Finally, [URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____17075.aspx?DataID=49902"]this [/URL]magazine ran a story regarding Mary and Alexandra. According to the writer, they don't get along because Alexandra flirted with Frederik. Oh brother...

Last edited:
Ah, the journalists must be getting bored. I also love the photoshopped cover from Her og Nu. They always look so classy.

Is it just me or do Joachim and Frederik not look alike at all?

Is it just me or do Joachim and Frederik not look alike at all?

I think that Frederik looks alot like his grandfarther King Frederik 9. and Joachim looks alot like Queen Margrethe both in the way they act when they are in puplic.

I agree with HM Margrethe. Joachim is the spitting image of his mother. Fred has a lot of his Dad in him as well as King Frederick too. But true they don't look alike at all.

On an off note. One of my childhood friends was adopted. Both she and her older brother were. They looked just like their adoptive mom and Dad. The adoptive parents finally had her little brother who was biological. He looked nothing like the parents or any member of the family! They were all Italian looking brunettes. He was a pale redhead! Genes are funny sometimes!

Mary with child wins Bald Archy prize

A PAINTING of a breastfeeding Crown Princess Mary with thunder thighs and a near-naked Crown Prince Frederik with his hand on his "wedding tackle" has won the satirical Bald Archy portrait prize.

The short odds were on a painting of Kevin Rudd, Julia Gillard or Peter Garrett - there were about half a dozen of each - but James Brennan's The Official Portrait of the Danish Royal Family took out the top honours in the Archibald spoof

Mary with child wins Bald Archy prize | NEWS.com.au

Check out the painting, it's...different, but nice.

What will they think of next???

HAHAHA..FABULOUS!!!..Oh what a laaaugh!!

Mary in Ugg boots, Isabella suckling away, Frederik with a stubby in his hand, "wedding tackle" in the other and socks and thongs and Christian picking his nose. How entirely bogan!! The complete opposite to what the Crown Princely family are.

The Tasmanian Devil was a bit much though, I gotta say...:ohmy::lol::ROFLMAO:

I think (hope) Mary and Frederik would find it really quite funny, to be honest. I know I would...I do!!!

Last edited:
I think that the painting is in very bad taste.

I understand the point that the artist was trying to make, but I still think that this painting is icky.

I think this painting says a lot about the artist. Vulgar is an understatement IMO.

Wow, that's a disgusting painting...I don't think Mary will like it, or perhaps she will see the humor in it, which I don't see myself...

This painting tells me more about the artist than I would ever want to know.

OK that's satire guys. Just take it as it is. Some will find it funny, others don't. These days it's easy to cover a money making or attention seeking purpose with satire but what can we do. Laugh if we find it funny and shrug our shoulders if we don't.

Agreed.

The painting is the complete polar opposite of the family's life (or what we believe it to be). I "get" the artist's perspective, and although many would love it, while others will not, in the end, it's art. I mean, it's not like it's going to ruin Mary, Frederik, and family, right?:) It's art.

I love that painting. It turns everything up side down in a funny and provokative way. Letting Frederik hold on to a beer-bottel is a wonderfull idea.

I don't like the painting, but this is just art. Artists can do whatever they want. :D

i wonder what Mary and Fred think about it? would the laugh?

I just thought I would post it (the portrait) just for something different. I had my hesitations about posting it but i just thought it was all in fun lol.

I think that the portrait is tasteless and tacky. But there you go. that is my opinion.

Nude, nearly nude or portraits with young children should only be made with the parents permission, or the permission of the nude or nearly nude subject.

I love that painting. It turns everything up side down in a funny and provokative way. Letting Frederik hold on to a beer-bottel is a wonderfull idea.
Can't help but giggle at his thongs & white socks. Bit like him becoming an okker male rather than Mary becoming European royalty.

It's raw and unreserved in it's perception of a family who are perceived as "perfect".

Has Christian never picked his nose? Has Mary never breast fed or worn a dressing gown and slippers? Has Frederik never drank a beer, worn thongs (flip flops) or had a fiddle? To all the above, I would say they have. They are human and it's what we do, what we have done as children, parents and indaviduals.

Royals aren't immune to being human and this portrait depicts a less flattering, or instinctively common side, of the human condition.

According to 'Se & Hør' Frederik has lost his wedding ring during a diving trip to Florida... It's not found yet but he promised that the diver who finds it will be invited to Copenhagen and to visit Fredensborg Palace...

So - to all american divers in this forum - GO!

:)

Has Christian never picked his nose? Has Mary never breast fed or worn a dressing gown and slippers? Has Frederik never drank a beer, worn thongs (flip flops) or had a fiddle? To all the above, I would say they have. They are human and it's what we do, what we have done as children, parents and indaviduals.

Royals aren't immune to being human and this portrait depicts a less flattering, or instinctively common side, of the human condition.

An idea for the next painting could be a visit to the loo:ohmy:

Why not...:D...door open with trousers down and newspaper being read.lol.

This painting tells me more about the artist than I would ever want to know.

Care to explain how?

From a single patining you seem to think you have the artist well worked out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom