General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to look at everyones faces in that pic posted by LadyFinn and one would realise that they all have the same expression in that pic. Judging from that, it is safe to assume that they were in chilly weather or something of the like.......All their faces were like that andtTo think otherwise and just single Mary out is suspicious.

Well, that shows that Australians are quite down to earth people..:flowers:

I must say, caroline heering is a most ravishing woman:w00t:, on the Crown princess certainly likes attractive woman next to her.

Caroline is a friend, and as such became an employee of the Crown Princely household. I think her attractiveness, however, has little to do with being Mary's Hofdame.

She is a pretty lady though, yes.

Last edited:
Thank you Jess for the additional pictures. Mary did look very nice and it's nice also to see Caroline with her mother. Bride looked very nice.

Love the bride's dress...very simple, modest while being unique and fashionable...the high boat neckline, the silver grey cumberbund and the tricky short sleeve with sheer underneath to a three-quarter length...some might say it is too tricky but i think it is refreshing in this time of ubiquitious strapless gowns...very nice!!!

Translation?

Frederik is on the cover of Her og Nu along with Joachim, and there is article along with it.

According to the journalist, they have a sporadic, cold/chilly, distant relationship, and apparently they don't have much contact. Or something along those lines.

Click here to view.

Finally, this magazine ran a story regarding Mary and Alexandra. According to the writer, they don't get along because Alexandra flirted with Frederik. Oh brother...

Because many people here, don't speak or read Danish, it would be lovely to read an English translation for the article concerning the relationship between Mary and Alexandra.
Or, if not a full translation, then a 1-2 paragraph synopsis of its more important or relevant content, perhaps?

Thank you,

-- Abbie

That's pretty much the jist of the articles (as I noted in the links several weeks ago), Abigail, and not much else. :) All it says is that Frederik is allegedly a flirt, Alexandra allegedly flirts with Frederik. The Danes allegedly love Alexandra and that they were impressed that she learned to speak Danish, Marie is a very cute girl, but she is allegedly incredibly naive and allegedly not really a good prinsess material. The author also claims that many of Joachim friends allegedly believe he has rushed into a new marriage, he should have taken the time. Allegedly Frederik does not want to cut contact with his ex-girlfriend; allegedly there has been tension in the marriage because Mary has been difficult to accept that Frederik still have contact with his former girlfriend.

So, yeah, that's it. All alleged claims by a Danish author.

I see ... THANK you!

That's pretty much the jist of the articles (as I noted in the links several weeks ago), Abigail, and not much else. :) All it says is that Frederik is allegedly a flirt, Alexandra allegedly flirts with Frederik. The Danes allegedly love Alexandra and that they were impressed that she learned to speak Danish, Marie is a very cute girl, but she is allegedly incredibly naive and allegedly not really a good prinsess material. The author also claims that many of Joachim friends allegedly believe he has rushed into a new marriage, he should have taken the time. Allegedly Frederik does not want to cut contact with his ex-girlfriend; allegedly there has been tension in the marriage because Mary has been difficult to accept that Frederik still have contact with his former girlfriend.

So, yeah, that's it. All alleged claims by a Danish author.

Ahhhh, yes ... all this speculation, huh?

I can understand why anyone would not want to translate this in full ...
I mean, it all sounds too salacious, to me, don't you think?

I will tell you what is true, and that is that Danish is a very difficult language to learn. It's very gutteral, spoken at the back of the throat, and has many irregular verbs.
I gather that even native speakers find it hard to learn.
It is also not at all phonetic, so that words are not written how they sound and are spoken.

I will stand corrected here, though, if I am being too harsh.

Please call me Abbie. :flowers:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm really exhausted this evening and translating two long articles...meh...not right now. Sorry. However, as I said before, it's pretty much the jist of the articles. All of these claims come from that book, 1015 Copenhagen by Trine whatshername.

I mean, it all sounds too salacious, to me, don't you think?

Sounds like an episode from All My Children if you ask me.

Tha Soaps?

Honestly, I'm really exhausted this evening and translating two long articles...meh...not right now. Sorry. However, as I said before, it's pretty much the jist of the articles. All of these claims come from that book, 1015 Copenhagen by Trine whatshername.

Sounds like an episode from All My Children if you ask me.

ROFL. I was quite the fan of AMC back in the days. Now, I think soap operas are a bit silly. Age, you see ... I actually correspond with Trine Villeman's husband and her. Both are nice to me. Her husband will let me know when Trine's book will be out in English and where it can be ordered so that I can pass it along to the Folks, here.
Or, Trine and her husband may do that themselves.
Thanks so much for your translation.
I hadn't realised from where the Danish blurb came! :eek:

-- Abbie

where are they going to spend their holidays and when they are going to travel to Grasten? Anyone knows?

Not to get too off topic but who is Tonja Dorky?

Just noticed on the BBC text feed of Wimbledon that they have mentioned that Fred and Mary are in the royal box today (along with Cliff Richard)! I haven't spotted them yet although I'm not really paying attention - oops.

well today , I went to harrods and I spotted Princess Mary , checking out some dresses, in the store, she very attractive woman, her body guards, where standing a bit away but they were keeping a whatchfull eye out for her, my friend actually bumped into by mistake.

Who is the man who is to the side of the Mary?

He is Soren Jessen, a Danish restaurateur who is running
a couple of up market watering holes in London.

Viv

Last edited:
well today , I went to harrods and I spotted Princess Mary , checking out some dresses, in the store, she very attractive woman, her body guards, where standing a bit away but they were keeping a whatchfull eye out for her, my friend actually bumped into by mistake.

Wow, that's some watchful eye you have!
Good for you.
Did you happen to witness CP Mary talking to anyone, like The Crown Prince or her two kids?
Also please, what sort of dresses was The Crown Princess looking at?

Thank you for any replies in advance --

-- Abbie :)

Wow, that's some watchful eye you have!
Good for you.
Did you happen to witness CP Mary talking to anyone, like The Crown Prince or her two kids?
Also please, what sort of dresses was The Crown Princess looking at?

Thank you for any replies in advance --

-- Abbie :)

I was just wondering that (about the dresses I mean) ;)
Then I suddenly felt cold thinking about dresses, its snowing outside!

I spotted Mary as well in Harrods and indeed she is very attractive. I was quite suprised non of her lady in waitings where with her. Her body guards blended in very well with the people.

Mary was in a white printed blue skirt & a twin top sweater. Thought she was prettier than pictures & lovely skin.

Back on topic, are Frederik & Mary in town to watch the tennies match's? dont they attened them every year?

Does anyone else think it's a bit strange that Mary is wearing the other man's jacket, not Fred's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom