General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K'mon!?
Don't you think that she might be wearing flat shoes because her feet must be hurt? Remeber her function last week, when she had bunion ou blister on her left foot?
It´s these a signal of pregnacie?

This season, flat shoes are very trendy and chic.

Those kind of small dress like tunics are most in fashion this season!

Flats have always been in style hence "trendy" and "chic", Guido, it's nothing new nor is it groundbreaking this season.

Well I cant speak for in the States, but there is absolutely no doubt that they are huge in my neck of the woods this past year, certainly more than normal.

As soon as I saw the pictures of Mary in this dress I knew that there would be mroe pregnancy questions again!

When did Mary have bunions and blisters? How do you know? Was she limping or something? I have always wondered this about Mary, she seems to "go hard with the heels", and I was curious as to when it would finally take its toll on her feet...Heels while pregnant is quite ridiculous and not to mention dangerous...

Do you have photographic evidence of these bunions and blisters, because I would love to see it?

When did Mary have bunions and blisters? How do you know? Was she limping or something? I have always wondered this about Mary, she seems to "go hard with the heels", and I was curious as to when it would finally take its toll on her feet...Heels while pregnant is quite ridiculous and not to mention dangerous...

Do you have photographic evidence of these bunions and blisters, because I would love to see it?

You need to read as well as research [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-mary-danish-cancer-foundation-14403-3.html"]this[/URL] topic along with Mary's Daytime Fashion in the RHofF sub-forum to see the alleged corns, blisters, and whatever.

a lot of critisicm of CP Mary arise in recent time: she's wearing shorts, she's smilying on the event of Danish Cancer society and so on. I wonder just why now? :ermm:

It is not something that is completely new. There are a few people who have their own impressions about CP Mary like : being to artificial and vain, too busy looking good at events, a lot of hot air, a nice person but no outstanding personality, no real passion for her patronages, good at PR and selfmarketing...

It is not something that is completely new. There are a few people who have their own impressions about CP Mary like : being to artificial and vain, too busy looking good at events, a lot of hot air, a nice person but no outstanding personality, no real passion for her patronages, good at PR and selfmarketing...

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what I do have to sometimes wonder is why people who don't seem to like Mary or what she does or wears, post on her threads. Maybe you should focus more on the Crown Princesses/Royal Families you do like.

P.S. There are threads where you can post about your opinion of Frederik and Mary. Perhaps it would be more suitable to comment there.
As I don't want to further this negative discussion, I will leave this matter here.

Last edited:
"a lot of critisicm of CP Mary arise in recent time: she's wearing shorts, she's smilying on the event of Danish Cancer society and so on. I wonder just why now? :ermm:"

That is because some posters are trying to continue a line of board gossip which was started on another now mercifully dissolved board where the main aim was to be spiteful to Mary. It's just like the Penafiel thing we always hear about in connection with Letizia; it's pathetic and it makes no sense to most grownups, no matter which CPss is the object, but I suppose public boards will unfortunately always be used for that.

These same people, who criticize Mary will cheer Maxima for exactly the same thing. I think people should be honest with themselves and admit that they just don't like Mary (for what ever reason). Being a princess' job is to "sell" their worth to their country and I for one would rather that salesperson look and act the best they can. I don't find her vain at all but looking as good as she possibly can at all times. I think that all woman, not just heads of country, should do the same if they have pride in themselves. As far as personality, unless you know the person intimately, you cannot judge their personality -- look at Queen Elizabeth II, outwardly she look rather prim, cold and uptight. Everyone that knows her personally comments that she has a wicked sense of humor, can impersonate anyone at the drop of a hat and loves a good "off color" joke. Go Figure. Plus that is a lady that the world admires and ALWAYS dresses for the event.

I just don't understand what this based on though. I like coming to these boards as a hobby. It's probably escape, to be honest, after a hard day. I like to see what different members of these families are doing. The Danish family is my favorite at the moment, and I do enjoy looking at pictures of Mary, Fred and their children. I have no clue what Mary is like in reality. I find it hard to believe that she has no passion for her patronages and I don't get the impression that she's artificial or vain. But having never met her or anyone around her I really don't know. But neither do you! Or anyone else who says these things. My question is what proof do you have that her personality is not outstanding and she is a lot of hot air? Have you met her or anyone who knows her or comes into contact with her?:):)

Everyone has an opinion and as a forum we are all entitled to share those opinions. On that we all agree. As for why some don't like Mary? I see there to be no resaon why they shouldn't. They don't know her and are in no position to judge her character yet they do because they can. Some of the most extraordinary accusations come about and that is all they are. Accusations shared by those who don't know the Crown Princess, and never shall.

" she's smilying on the event of Danish Cancer society "

My word! Shock horror! Smiling! :eek:
Seriously, if she hadn't smiled, someone would have complained, too.
Nobody of us has the slightest idea what this woman really is like. We see pictures, that's about it - and I know I wouldn't anybody want to judge me based on pictures of me.

I think Mary has handled herself admirably since the very beginning. She has been married into a different family that the one she grew up in, a different country, language etc. I do not know if I could have done the same and stay sane enough to smile at those who try to get my picture taken.
I have been visiting these boards recently but it is evident that there are "fans" who can admire a quality in their preferred CP while they criticize the same qualities on one of those they do not like.

Iagree Odette and it is a same because non of us would be on the board if we did not have a love of royalty I think though and this IS ONLY MY VIEW that a lot of people get royalty and celebrity mixed up and expect CP'S to behave in an everyday way.They are not or they should not be seen as well like me there is a lot at stake when these people go out in public and the media can and will make or break all their efforts and so all of them have to be careful. I think Mary has done a sterling job and is amazing to have joined these ranks as you said Odette since the beginning. I have to say I like all the the CP's think they have been well advised.But am a true believer in royalty and the sense of awe that should surround them. BUT THIS IS ONLY ME.

From CPMMB - Mary and Frederik attended the wedding of Marc Høm and Marie Louise Flamand at the weekend: Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik til vennebryllup i weekenden

wow, that's one very arrogant look Mary gives us on that picture, they might have considered putting up a nicer one! I like the dress, it's different, but very nice. Does anyone know what the magazine next to the article says about Mary, the lines are: "Derfor er Mary so glad". As I don't understand a word of Danish, I cannot make anything out of it!

........ Does anyone know what the magazine next to the article says about Mary, the lines are: "Derfor er Mary so glad". As I don't understand a word of Danish, I cannot make anything out of it!
I don't speak Danish myself but I think it is something along the lines of 'no more bullying therefore Mary is very happy', it is about the anti-bullying race last Sunday I think.

wow, that's one very arrogant look Mary gives us on that picture, they might have considered putting up a nicer one! I like the dress, it's different, but very nice. Does anyone know what the magazine next to the article says about Mary, the lines are: "Derfor er Mary so glad". As I don't understand a word of Danish, I cannot make anything out of it!

Who know on which distance the photographer took the picture....to me it seem that nither Mary or Frederik is aware of beeing photographed at that moment. They are preoccupied looking at something else.

Last edited:

It looks to me like she was caught off-guard. Maybe she was preoccupied with putting on her sweater, and didn't realize that the photographer was taking her picture. Her dress is fabulous. It makes her look very thin.

I do not think she "gave" us any looks arrogant or otherwise. She looks like she was trying to put her jacket on and was preoccupied.

The Billed Bladet article states that the [url=http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Kongelige/Nyheder/Kronprins%20Frederik%20og%20Mary/mf_wedding.ashx?w=445&as=1]Crown Prince couple[/URL]attended the summer wedding in Sydsjælland. The romantic summer wedding, which was held at the Kongsted church in Roxburgh, between the internationally known photographer Marc Høm and Marie Louise Flamand, who is little sister to Caroline Heering.

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik were both present at the wedding in the church and to the subsequent celebration of Ohakune slot. So were several other celebrity guests - including actress Connie Nielsen with whom Mary and Frederik had a good chat with the outside of the church.

As for Mary supposedly looking "arrogant"...:lol: that wasn't my perception of the above image. To me, it looks as if she was caught in the moment hence putting on her jacket, looking ahead... just like Frederik.

The Billed Bladet article states that the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ing.ashx?w=445&as=1]Crown Prince couple[/url]
As for Mary supposedly looking "arrogant"...:lol: that wasn't my perception of the above image. To me, it looks as if she was caught in the moment hence putting on her jacket, looking ahead... just like Frederik.

I agree 100%. All the other photos at the same event, show her relaxed, smiling and charming.
BTW weren't we a tad upset last week because she smiled at the Danish Cancer event?:bang:

Gorgeous dress, very pretty colour. They look very relaxed and happy.

What has happened to Amber? She said she was going to catch up with her old friend for two weeks plus, and hoped to find a soulmate in Denmark. But last news is that she was staying in London. Has she joined the cruise today?

Amber was never going to stay in Denmark the full time she was away- it was said she was going to holiday in Europe for two weeks after she spent a few days for Prince Frederik's birthday party.

That was a really inexcusably mean choice of photo. There are lots of photos at that occasion where Mary is in company and enjoying herself, and it's clear from other photos that Mary was holding herself that way because it was unexpectedly chilly - other women arround her are holding their flimsy shawls around them and looking a bit glum - as you do when it's cold and your clothes aren't warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom