The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If you're his wife/girlfriend don't expect too much
And of course you'd know...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
When it comes to gentlemenness Fred isn't the first man on earth that comes into my mind. If you're his wife/girlfriend don't expect too much...Well he never had to work on that , there never was a problem of getting a new girlfriend, the girls were there anyway...
That's a rather definitive statement to make considering you are most likely making your judgment based on photos and no real life experience. Would you care to share a photo of yourself, and we can judge you based on what our imaginations could dream up and your activities and comments on this board?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Aren't most statements here based on what is seen on photos? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When it comes to gentlemenness Fred isn't the first man on earth that comes into my mind. If you're his wife/girlfriend don't expect too much...Well he never had to work on that , there never was a problem of getting a new girlfriend, the girls were there anyway...
I as have others on these forums seem quite some video-coverage of the interaction of Fred and Mary and so far, my impression was that he is a very compassionate man who has no problems showing his emotions to his wife and children. Maybe there are other, more gentle men that you know so he is not your prime example bot for me he appears to be a very pleasant husband and father.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Courtier

I agree with you, Jo of Palatine
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

IMO if you compare Fred with his brother there is obviously much more gentlemenlikeness in Joachim than in Fred. The latest example: please watch the video of the arrival at the parliament If my husband would rush away without waiting for me like that I would be very offended. That wasn't nice at all. Well , maybe they had an argument before but I rather think that is normal "Fred behaviour"....
Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Unfortunately there was no reason or explanation given on their site. You have to buy the magazine. Does anyone know more about that article?
LOL

Nonetheless Bunte is one of the more "reliable" part of the yellow press in Germany so.....

The criterias?

Glamour?
Familylife?
Work?
People (opinion)?
State?

Don't forget the yellow press is just the yellow press. Nonetheless Mary "won" this. Number one was Mary, then Maxima, Victoria, Letizia, Mathilde, Mette-Maritt? I'm not really sure about the order.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
IMO if you compare Fred with his brother there is obviously much more gentlemenlikeness in Joachim than in Fred. The latest example: please watch the video of the arrival at the parliament If my husband would rush away without waiting for me like that I would be very offended. That wasn't nice at all. Well , maybe they had an argument before but I rather think that is normal "Fred behaviour"....
Well....

thing is the puplic pictures! Nonetheless at least I have not forgotten the result!

Joachim is divorced, only time will tell if Frederik is able to hold on to his marriage. Till now I've waiting on reliable reports that Frederiks marriage is in danger. Judging by the pictures of the parliaments openings nothing has to be feared!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

My guess is that they selected her based on her charity work, popularity (in Denmark and abroad), and glamour. It would be nice if they stated their criteria.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I've yet to see any footage or photos of Fred acting rudely or ungentlemanly toward Mary or any other woman. Yes, he did walk away from her during this year's parliament opening. However, this is the first time that I have seen this. We don't know if they were arguing before, or if he needed to use the toilet (and thus needed a hasty exit from the car), or if he needed to speak with someone outside of the car immediately upon his arrival. I will wait to see more footage before I am convinced that he is a jerk.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM

The criterias were
glamour
state
the people
family

Mary got 2 crowns out of 3 in state and 3 in the rest.
Maxima is second, Victoria third, followed by Letizia, Mette-Marit and Mathilde. Beatrice and Eugiene share place seven.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
B.T. Web-TV

Well.....
Please...I respectfully disagree. I just looked at the video again. Yes Fredrick got out of the car rather quickly but he didn't go rushing up leaving Mary behind. If you look at the video, he swings himself out of the car, moves about two steps towards to rear of the car, waiting for Mary, when she is about 2 feet away, he then moves towards the receiving line. Mary was a split second behind him. I looks like he moved through the line at his normal pace and so did Mary. I think they're trained to move quickly through the dignitaries and not dawdle, probably because the Queen was expected to arrive at any moment and of course it would be bad for the CP couple to still be slowly moving along, shaking hands while the Queen is left cooling her heels.

I think an issue is being made out of nothing...IMO.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

i saw the video, sorry that I ask but where did he is rud? i did not see it!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Mary View Post
Mary got 2 crowns out of 3 in state and 3 in the rest.
2 crowns in state

I have never forgiven the Germans for beating us in the war of 1864. The "2 crowns in state" doesn't placate my sentiment

(Just kidding)
Old 10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
2 crowns in state

I have never forgiven the Germans for beating us in the war of 1864. The "2 crowns in state" doesn't placate my sentiment

(Just kidding)
ROTFL!

Well,

as a german all I can say is shame on you Lilla!

LOL!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
That's a rather definitive statement to make considering you are most likely making your judgment based on photos and no real life experience. Would you care to share a photo of yourself, and we can judge you based on what our imaginations could dream up and your activities and comments on this board?
I agree totally. There a few on the board that come up with the most off the wall things. They leave me shaking my head wondering where in the world they come up with these things. It seems they feel they must say something negative or they are not happy.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really, I dont see how they can be ranked, they all do different things, have different families, suit different clothes etc...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i saw the video, sorry that I ask but where did he is rud? i did not see it!
lol That's the question I had when I watched it just now! I guess we can see what we want to, but I don't see any rudeness on Fred's part.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mountain out of a molehill alert! One event, and IMO not exactly a conclusive one!
Were it at every event that he ran like his wife was the plague.... (OK im exagerating but i think you get my point)
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
B.T. Web-TV

Well.....
Looks like you lost this one. I agree with the others. They were moving quickly so the Queen would not have to wait on them. Another one of those making something out of nothing moments.

Tags
christian, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, isabella, mary, mary donaldson, prince christian, princess isabella