General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary did make a polite request. She did not demand or order them. They are their own people. If they wanted to disregard Mary they could have. They did not which says more for them as journalists/photographers. I don't think Mary/Fred realized how many Aussies were in the park. So they agreed to be photographed to avoid being stalked in the park and having the children frightened. Yes, the Danish journalist may have been a bit disappointed but they are professionals. It didn't upset them too greatly.

It was also confirmed by the royal house that the so called "spin doctor" is a media handler for official functions only. she does not handle any private functions of the royals when they were in Australia. So the nappy run wasn't a media occassion.

Thanks for the laugh Marg! :ROFLMAO:

Damn, don't you hate logic grenades! Also, children wet the bed well in to 6 or 7 years old. They sleep so soundly they cannot wake themselves up to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you have the story of how the BB experieced the incident
Billed-Bladet - Annemette Krakau: Sandheden om Marys ”skideballe”
And this was printed in BB as a response to all the adverse reports and subsequent letters to the editor regarding this "incident"?

Lilla said:
So, . . . . . . if the BB does not perceive the incident as rude, I don't thing anybody else ought to:flowers:
It just goes to show that "spin" is alive and thriving in the anti-DRF brigade. And yes Lilla, you are absolutely correct, if BB state that they were not offended, who is anyone else to complain.
Lilla said:
Quote from BB:
Mary could have been indifferent. She could have drawn on the shoulders and behaved "furious" or "snobbish", which was written that she was. But Denmark's future queen was not anything like that. We are pleased about Marys privat photos, but we are most pleased about the truth.
I am more than a little impressed that they went the extra mile in support of their future Queen and published to set the record straight! :cool:

I am more than a little impressed that they went the extra mile in support of their future Queen and published to set the record straight! :cool:
I am a lot impressed with this media and am starting to have my faith restored in an organization that I usually have no respect for at all.

ROYAL bridesmaid and ``nude'' model, Amber Petty, claims that she has been stalked on Facebook by controversial author, Trine Villemann.
It was Villemann who penned the scathing tome on the Danish royals, 1015 Copenhagen K, which claims that Prince Frederik is failing to live up to the demands of a royal heir and was still seeing his former girlfriends after his marriage to Mary.
"Trine sent me a creepy message on Facebook with a scary photo of a grim reaper-type creature and then her behind it with this white make-up on and an odd expression on her face,'' Petty alleges.

Why it wasn&squo;t all about Eva | The Daily Telegraph

gosh nude model??? These people doesn't know what more to say to embrasse Mary, she is not a nude model she did an advertise with lots of other Australian women - It's just a way of acknowledging that everybody has body issues, just this, so she is not a nude model:bang:

ROYAL bridesmaid and ``nude'' model, Amber Petty, claims that she has been stalked on Facebook by controversial author, Trine Villemann.
It was Villemann who penned the scathing tome on the Danish royals, 1015 Copenhagen K, which claims that Prince Frederik is failing to live up to the demands of a royal heir and was still seeing his former girlfriends after his marriage to Mary.
"Trine sent me a creepy message on Facebook with a scary photo of a grim reaper-type creature and then her behind it with this white make-up on and an odd expression on her face,'' Petty alleges.

Why it wasn&squo;t all about Eva | The Daily Telegraph

:lol::lol::lol:..This is tooo funny!!!

LOL - there's a heavy entrepreneurial stream running in wee Trine :D

When things are real we must say and comment, like the fur jacket, like the photocall incident etc etc but saying that Amber Petty is a nude model....Gosh there are limits for everything

I think she was in her good right to say no, since they asked. What should she do? Lie? Say that she really wanted them there? Besides they have the opportunity to photograph her and the kids all the time in Denmark. I'm sure no one will lay sleepless over these "lost" photos. The rude ones in this story, I think, were the medias not asking for permission. But I guess thats no news..
Well now I must agree, those media press who enter the park where rude yes, saying that they ahve enter with no permission, but where were the bodyguards?? If Mary wnated some privacy she should also say to those media press to step out of the park :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now I must agree, those media press who enter the park where rude yes, saying that they ahve enter with no permission, but where were the bodyguards?? If Mary wnated some privacy she should also say to those media press to step out of the park :rolleyes:

She, a Dane, having her Danish bodyguards throwing Australian citizens out of a public Australian park in Australia?????

You simply can't mean that!!

The only good thing about that senario would be....????.......well it could have made some pretty interesting Headlines:lol:

I am very glad she did not choose that course of action!!

It would have been a catastrophe - resulting in among other things - Mary being sendt right back to Prinsess-school to pick up the lessons she so obviously had not grasped.

I don't understand your point. The body guards are not allowed to do their work outside Denmark. Is that what you are syaing?? If Mary wanted some privacy she could have ask also polite to the other part of the press, why she didn't ask that to them?????? If she want som eprivacy from BB she would also want some privacy from othe press :ermm:

I cannot understand what the problem is, BB have explained the situation and do not have a problem, so why is it such a issue, because people just believe what they want to. We know the report in the Australian paper wa not correct, however some still want to believe it why?

I don't understand your point. The body guards are not allowed to do their work outside Denmark.

They are there to protect her in case unauthorized persons intrude on her or even attack her. They are definatly not there to violate the rights of citizens in Australia to be inside a public Australien park.

They are there to protect her in case unauthorized persons intrude on her or even attack her. They are definatly not there to violate the rights of citizens in Australia to be inside a public Australien park.
Ordering Aussies out of the park would definitely given the republican movement in Aus plenty to say and more momentum. From the reading all I can see is that the journalist polite enough to ask was politely told no and the rest just did what they do. Non story.............

I read in The Mercury, Australian Newspaper, that Jetstar, the airline that Mary travelled on to Tasmania, is looking to name a plane after Princess Mary.

Stellad

Whether or not they can do it I'm not entirely certain (probably can), but there is, I'm sure, one or two race hourses named after the Crown Princess which she herself knows about. Roses, Horses and Planes...Oh my! hehe

She's definitly regarded here with much affection. There's no doubt about that...:rose:

Well, that is probably because the members of the British RF ( the Queen is also Queen of Australia ) do not show up very often....:flowers:

I'm perfectly aware who my Queen is thank you, dear Santacruz...:D

And I think your reasoning, respectively, has little to do with it as Australia has no royal family and The Queen was never born Australian. Mary was...:)

I'm perfectly aware who my Queen is thank you, dear Santacruz...:D

And I think your reasoning, respectively, has little to do with it as Australia has no royal family and The Queen was never born Australian. Mary was...:)

That is true but : there are more Australians who care about what the British Royals do than those who watch the DRF....right?;)

That is true but : there are more Australians who care about what the British Royals do than those who watch the DRF....right?;)

I cant say that there are likely that many people (barring some 65+ women) who really care overly much about either family if Australia is as it was when I left nearly ten years ago now (and now I'm back in NZ so similar situation). Mary & Frederik must be the obvious exception for the Danish RF, but I doubt Joe Bloggs would know who, for example, Princess Marie and her stepsons are. The only exception (looking again now at the entirety of each RF) to that is probably major times for example weddings, child births/christening, visits to Australia or another major country. But then, thats just MO. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, which makes pretty clear how the importance of this visit is to the majority of Australians...;)

I have enjoyed the DRF's visit. I think they have had just the right amount of exposure in the press, and obviously plenty of private time with family. Mary may be Danish now but she is still a great ambassador for Australia. Are they still in Australia? I hven't seen any news or pictures since the photos at Govement House

No I guess they're back in Copenhagen now! Prince Fredrik has an event planned for tomorrow!

Certainly, more would pay attention to what the BRF do over the DRF. But when breaking it down, I would say Mary is given more thought/attention than the Queen, on average.

Certainly, more would pay attention to what the BRF do over the DRF. But when breaking it down, I would say Mary is given more thought/attention than the Queen.

Well, like I say, I'm not in Australia right now which is where we're discussing, but I'd agree. Very nicely said, Madame Royale.

The Queen's tour of the 1950s was big news, these days it would receive media coverage, but the same hype that there was (as I understand it - its a bit before my time*) then would be highly unlikely to exist for HM The Queen IMO.

*I have read media coverage and talked with people who do remember the time though. Also, most recently I read the book "Fire" by Deborah Challinor which integrates the Queen's visit into the story very nicely. (Its a great book IMO, and I am a fan of the author in general).

Well, like I say, I'm not in Australia right now which is where we're discussing, but I'd agree. Very nicely said, Madame Royale.

The Queen's tour of the 1950s was big news, these days it would receive media coverage, but the same hype that there was (as I understand it - its a bit before my time*) then would be highly unlikely to exist for HM The Queen IMO.

*I have read media coverage and talked with people who do remember the time though. Also, most recently I read the book "Fire" by Deborah Challinor which integrates the Queen's visit into the story very nicely. (Its a great book IMO, and I am a fan of the author in general).

I have very much respect for the Queen and her work of the last 50 years. But I agree that there might be more enthusiasm if young royals, who are a symbol for the future of a monarchy , are visiting a country. In that aspect I am not too surprised that people were interested in Marys visit. But on the other hand: if William or Harry would use a private holiday in Oz to buy nappies or do photoshoots with their girlfriends in front of the Sydney Opera House, they would most definetely cause mass histeria....:cool:

Mary is probably given more attention just because she visits Australia more. When was the last time Queen Elizabeth visited Australia? Plus, being that Mary was an Australian commoner, and she is so approachable!!

I know this thread is not about Queen Elizabeth but I would like to mention her age, the distance between the UK and Australia and the amount of other countries that are in the commonwealth. Also you might want to look at the amount of duties the Queen has performed in the last year and those of other Royal Families....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom