General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 2: February - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list somewhere of charities she is partoness of ? Thx.

:previous: Hi Angeline, we have a thread for that lists both Frederik and Mary's patronages here at TRF, which can be found here. Or alternatively, you can check out their official website; here for Frederik, here for Mary; which gives a short description of each patronage :)

well put that photo on their adversite web site it was a rude thing to do, Huggies should't be alloud to do that sort of free publitcity with Mary :eek: And one more thing, does Christian use nappies???? My son who is around his age doesn't use nappies anymnore even during the night (but I think it depends of course...)Although I think he is old enought not to use nappies anymore :cool:

I think your right.
I have a neice who is the same age as christian and she was out of nappers a while ago. Maybe the nappies were for Isabella???
Does anyone have any idea of when the couple will be back in Denmark???
xx

:previous: I doubt the blue packet of nappies was for Bella ;)

I think your right.
I have a neice who is the same age as christian and she was out of nappers a while ago. Maybe the nappies were for Isabella???
Does anyone have any idea of when the couple will be back in Denmark???
xx

By Saturday I'd guess.

:previous: I doubt the blue packet of nappies was for Bella ;)
You never no hehe :)
If the nappies were for Christian then Mary needs to get her son potty trained soon. Denamrk can't have a future king in nappies as a teenager can we:whistling: ;)

I dont think there is any set rule as to when a child should be out of nappies my nephew was 3 and a half before he was completely finished with nappies, his sister just over two. He was just too busy always on the move, so it took him a little longer. I think Denmark need not worry, Christian is just to cute for words anyway.

If the nappies were for Christian then Mary needs to get her son potty trained soon. Denamrk can't have a future king in nappies as a teenager can we:whistling: ;)
Every child is different. My doctor used to tell me, not to worry, no child started school at the age of 5 in diapers -- so I stopped worrying about training when they were 18 months and they were trained when they were ready. Not one of life's big catastrophes. My sister-in-laws used to try and out due each other on when their children were completely trained and the poor young ones were always being compared.

Well I think I recall to see during this trip Christian with nappies during the day - on a day in the park, but maybe I'am wrong...

I to would prefere Christian to be out of his nappies before becomming a teenager. At that age he will be a rolemodel for all other teenagers i DK. The idea of all teenagers using nappies is rater dreadful :lol:

Sometimes things like staying in an unfamiliar place can upset littlies routines...

Boys are difficult to toilet train. They take longer than girls. I imagine Christian is toilet trained. But he has accidents like every child his age. Also, he most likely only wears them at night or when he is going to be in a strange place for a long time. I doubt Mary is not toliet training. You start when a child shows interest, not at 18 months. You cannot even get a child to sit still then. Esp a boy. My son is 25 months and I started to try. But he isn't too interested yet.

Just a question boys and girls. Were Christian and Isabella the only children in that house at that time? :flowers:

:previous: TMK, the only ones at an age where nappies would be used. Both of Mary's sisters' children are all older, and in primary/high school

At Christian age sorry but he should not be wearing nappies anymore. Yes boys are more difficult to train than girls but 18 months year old is the proper time to be pote trainning and a child that is going to be 3 years old should not be wearing nappies anymore even during the nigth.
Because going out shopping is a reason for starting a big fus, royals should not be going out shopping these kind of things and Mary should know that by now!!! She is a royal she is not a normal person and if she acts like a royal sometimes she should also know that she should be acting like a Royal all the time and not only when that benefits her!! Maybe she would like to go out to buy nappies but that is a commoun thing that normal people do not Royals and why?...You have here the answer... this was a perfect ocassion to start a big discussion about Christian wearing or not nappies!!!

At Christian age sorry but he should not be wearing nappies anymore. Yes boys are more difficult to train than girls but 18 months year old is the proper time to be pote trainning and a child that is going to be 3 years old should not be wearing nappies anymore even during the nigth.
Because going out shopping is a reason for starting a big fus, royals should not be going out shopping these kind of things and Mary should know that by now!!! She is a royal she is not a normal person and if she acts like a royal sometimes she should also know that she should be acting like a Royal all the time and not only when that benefits her!! Maybe she would like to go out to buy nappies but that is a commoun thing that normal people do not Royals and why?...You have here the answer... this was a perfect ocassion to start a big discussion about Christian wearing or not nappies!!!

Do you mean that Mary went to buy the nappies so that we would start to discuss the future king's use or non-use of nappies???

I guess while discussing the topic I could add that accidents were pointed out. Accidents at a sister's home may be family, but it is still not your own home where they are easier to deal with... (I'm thinking of nighttime here)

Today, it is common for all pediatrician to say do not train you children at 18 months. Many say it is too early and tramatic for the child. For the last decade or so it has been encouraged to allow the child to give you cues as to when the child is ready to toliet train. I don't know what it is like in Portugal. Perhaps they still adhere to the 18 month rule. But in the US, that is no longer the case.

Today, it is common for all pediatrician to say do not train you children at 18 months. Many say it is too early and tramatic for the child. For the last decade or so it has been encouraged to allow the child to give you cues as to when the child is ready to toliet train. I don't know what it is like in Portugal. Perhaps they still adhere to the 18 month rule. But in the US, that is no longer the case.

Nor is in DK. At least in the three daycare institutions where I've worked..

The truth about the BB incident in a australian zoo:

Chief editor of BB Annemette Krakau says: The BB was wayting outside the zoo and asked Mary and Frederik whether they could take some pictures inside the zoo of the royal family. Mary answered very politely that they would really love som alone-time with their children. She said this in danish because it was only BB who asked. The australian and other medias were already inside the zoo taking pictures. They did not ask for permission and therefore she said nothing in english. Eventually they allowed the australian media to take pictures, hoping that they would get some peace afterwards. The BB respected her request and left the place. Annemette Krakau said the crownprincess was polite and professionel as ever and that the relationship between her and BB is indeed very good.

Not surprising this story was blown all out of proportion. For those of you who read danish, the story can be read a TV2's homepage.

When my daughter was little I was worried because she was 18 months and she refused to sit on her potty chair. The pediatrician told me that she would do it when she was ready for it, it took another six months and finally she herself sat on the potty chair on her own. Every child is different and a change in routine can affect the child. Give the tyke a break.

The truth about the BB incident in a australian zoo:

Chief editor of BB Annemette Krakau says: The BB was wayting outside the zoo and asked Mary and Frederik whether they could take some pictures inside the zoo of the royal family. Mary answered very politely that they would really love som alone-time with their children. She said this in danish because it was only BB who asked. The australian and other medias were already inside the zoo taking pictures. They did not ask for permission and therefore she said nothing in english. Eventually they allowed the australian media to take pictures, hoping that they would get some peace afterwards. The BB respected her request and left the place. Annemette Krakau said the crownprincess was polite and professionel as ever and that the relationship between her and BB is indeed very good.

Not surprising this story was blown all out of proportion. For those of you who read danish, the story can be read a TV2's homepage.
Well to me Mary was rude because if there were some other media inside the park she should also allowed BB to enter, so if she told them NO I think she should also say NO to the other media.

Sometimes things like staying in an unfamiliar place can upset littlies routines...
A word of wisdom in season. :flowers:

Here is everyone going off on a tear about when or even if children should be toilet trained and you just go and lob a logic grenade. :D

A word of wisdom in season. :flowers:

Here is everyone going off on a tear about when or even if children should be toilet trained and you just go and lob a logic grenade. :D

Thanks for the laugh Marg! :ROFLMAO:

Well to me Mary was rude because if there were some other media inside the park she should also allowed BB to enter, so if she told them NO I think she should also say NO to the other media.

I think she was in her good right to say no, since they asked. What should she do? Lie? Say that she really wanted them there? Besides they have the opportunity to photograph her and the kids all the time in Denmark. I'm sure no one will lay sleepless over these "lost" photos. The rude ones in this story, I think, were the medias not asking for permission. But I guess thats no news..

Here you have the story of how the BB experieced the incident
Billed-Bladet - Annemette Krakau: Sandheden om Marys ”skideballe”

The english translation made via Google is:

"Last week huge headlines stated, that an angry Crown Princess Mary had thrown the Danish press on the gate in Tasmania in connection with the CP Couples visit to a wildlifepark. And Mary were both called "furious", "snobbish" and much more from the bag of words that trigger the wrinkles in the forehead and lots of 'letter to the editor'.

The true history of Tasmania is quite different.

The truth is that Mary is both professional and cooperative, and that the tone between her and us (Billed Bladet) is very good. Since the CP couple and their children should visit the wildlifepark, the journalist and photographer from Billed Bladet placed ourselves outside the gate. When Mary came over, we asked whether we could take some pictures inside the park. And Mary replied calmly that she so earnestly desired a private moment with her Australian family, and she asked us mindeligt to respect this. Which we did. The message was given only in Danish, because we were the only ones who asked about the permision. The foreign press (the australian) were already inside the park and busy photographing. In order to have calm down the situation the CP Couple went - pressed into this - (inside the park) to pose for some photos to be taken.

Following the visit the journalist and photographer from Billed Bladet was of course infuriating to miss a good picture inside the park, but we had kept our agreement, which Mary knew. She went into action and arranged to make her private familiipictures from the visit (see pictures in Billed Bladet page 4-5) available to Billed Bladet and a team of Danish colleagues.

Mary could have been indifferent. She could have drawn on the shoulders and behaved "furious" or "snobbish", which was written that she was. But Denmark's future queen was not anything like that. We are pleased about Marys privat photos, but we are most pleased about the truth.

Sincerely,
Annemette Krakau, chief editor"

So, biboquinhas, if the BB does not perceive the incident as rude, I don't thing anybody else ought to:flowers:
progress.gif

She is not a Princess of Australia. The country she is from understood her request, and they seemed to reap the benefits. Not everyone will obey a royal request believe it or not.

Not everyone will obey a royal request believe it or not.

I think you are right. Mary made the best out of the situation which shows she's a very professional and competent CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom