General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary betrayed as Fred caught out! : Woman's Day

I can easily believe the part of the story Fred clubbing, he's the type of person who will be partying, letting off steam etc when he wants, what I dont believe is that Mary is emarrassed or in tears about it, she will know by know who she married. Fred is not and will never be the type of man who can be put on a short leash by anyone, wife, children or position. Mary will have learned a long time ago that she will have to put up with Fred doing what he wants in that respect.

Frenzy? What frenzy? Must have been a slow news day at the magazine for them to come up with this.

Anyway, it has not escaped me to note that a few posts/pages back on this thread, there was a discussion about whether CP Frederik had once "cheated" on his wife based on a video, posted back in 2011, showing him dancing with a blonde woman in a bar, two days before the christening of his twins in April 2011. A video and speculation which was rubbished by the fact that Mary's brother, John, was with Frederik at the time the alleged incident took place in 2011. A fact the tabloid "forgot" to mention. I said at the time, on another message board, that I found it fishy that they chose to make the video public at the time they did. It seemed to me that they were grasping at straws, trying to make mountains out of a molehill, because to print the reality would be boring. The "turbo prince" who loved fast girls and even faster cars was dead. In his place, they had a married man with four children, two of which were to be christened, who loved his wife and family. He drove a minivan instead of a Maserati and was settled in his life. Any story about him in that context would be boring, so they spiced it up a bit to sell copies. Seems to me that that is what the writer of this current article is trying to do. Take a few pics (which may or may not exist), print them out of context, and come up with the story of his wife being "betrayed and in tears" because he went out with his friends, quoting "anonymous sources close to the couple", who may very well be posters on this site and others, who were simply airing their opinions. Unless the magazine prints pics showing CP Mary shedding big, fact tears over the alleged Incident, I'd say this is a story cooked up by a bored journalist with no proof other than the fact that he/she may have surfed this site and others, read the various opinions, both positive and negative, on CP Frederik and came up with this "story" which would sell more papers.

Also, isn't it very telling, that the Danish gossip rags, which are supposedly in a "frenzy" over the story have absolutely nothing on it.

"... has once again sent the Danish press into a frenzy over this latest wild night away from his wife".

The only ones who seem to be in a frenzy over these alleged pictures are Women's Day and not the Danish press (who haven't even mentioned the "pictures", what are these people going on about?)

"... has once again sent the Danish press into a frenzy over this latest wild night away from his wife".

The only ones who seem to be in a frenzy over these alleged pictures are Women's Day and not the Danish press (who haven't even mentioned the "pictures", what are these people going on about?)

Is this the same magazine that years ago had the article about "Mary running out of Kancellihuset to the guards, in terror, because she had seen Queen Ingrid's ghost? ;)

There are posters who seem to be prepared to believe anything the Danish/Australian rags write about Frederik and Mary, especially if it's negative. In several other threads, however, there seems to be a general consencus, that nothing the rags write about other royals can possibly be true or trusted.

Like Mary herself said years ago: "Married but not joined by the hip"[/QUOTE]

My late husband and I had that kind of marriage, too. We had our separate interests, and it sometimes caused problems. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself ''am I better off with this person or without?'' And in F & M's case, there are four children to consider. But I have to say that Fred's sense of timing stinks! Just before the christening, just after the anniversary - and didn't Europe just observe Mother's Day? :ohmy:

Like Mary herself said years ago: "Married but not joined by the hip"

My late husband and I had that kind of marriage, too. We had our separate interests, and it sometimes caused problems. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself ''am I better off with this person or without?'' And in F & M's case, there are four children to consider. But I have to say that Fred's sense of timing stinks! Just before the christening, just after the anniversary - and didn't Europe just observe Mother's Day? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Eeh?

So far we only have Women's Day claiming Frederik went to town.
No one else!
We don't even know in details what Women's Day believe happened.

The man, as far as I know, haven't even done anything. If, repeat if, he went to a nightclub with friends that hardly constitute a marital crisis.
I sometimes go out with my old friends too, and I'm still married, and Mrs. Muhler is not waiting for me when I come home wanting to bash me on the head with a rolling pin.
She goes out with her friends as well. That's called mutual trust. Something every marriage ought to be based on.

As for the christening before the party. Frederik went out with friends and family, including Mary's brother. To a public nightclub of all places. He left the nightclub still perfectly able to walk upright and with his friends and family.
I doubt very much Mary was left home alone at Amalienborg crying her eyes out. More likely she was with other friends and family members, probably chatting old times like budgies on speed.

How about giving Frederik the benefit of doubt?

Mother's Day. Who cares about Mother's Day? Or Father's Day for that matter. It's not an important day here in DK. You can buy your wife flowers 365 days a year, why does it have to be on a particular day?
It's Mothers Day every single day of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Should Frederik ever be caught cheating on his wife, we'll take it from there. So far I've never seen anything that would stand up in court.

Sorry if I sound annoyed. That's because I am.

Sorry - I didn't mean to annoy anyone, certainly not Muhler, whose posts I always enjoy. I was just remembering the feelings I sometimes had. (today is Memorial Day in the US) Europeans have a different view of these things, and Americans can seem ''prudish'' by comparison.

Now I'm off to visit the cemetery and have lunch with some family members.

Sorry - I didn't mean to annoy anyone, certainly not Muhler, whose posts I always enjoy. I was just remembering the feelings I sometimes had. (today is Memorial Day in the US) Europeans have a different view of these things, and Americans can seem ''prudish'' by comparison.

Now I'm off to visit the cemetery and have lunch with some family members.

Sorry, if I was too harsh on you.

I can just get seriously p.ssed off if I think something is unfair. And it happened today.
One is only human...:p

Mother's Day. Who cares about Mother's Day? Or Father's Day for that matter. It's not an important day here in DK. You can buy your wife flowers 365 days a year, why does it have to be on a particular day?
It's Mothers Day every single day of the year as far as I'm concerned.
I have heard this many times here at home these past 20 years....:p.
Phrased exactly like that, without the DK.

Frenzy? What frenzy? Must have been a slow news day at the magazine for them to come up with this.

Anyway, it has not escaped me to note that a few posts/pages back on this thread, there was a discussion about whether CP Frederik had once "cheated" on his wife based on a video, posted back in 2011, showing him dancing with a blonde woman in a bar, two days before the christening of his twins in April 2011. A video and speculation which was rubbished by the fact that Mary's brother, John, was with Frederik at the time the alleged incident took place in 2011. A fact the tabloid "forgot" to mention. I said at the time, on another message board, that I found it fishy that they chose to make the video public at the time they did. It seemed to me that they were grasping at straws, trying to make mountains out of a molehill, because to print the reality would be boring. The "turbo prince" who loved fast girls and even faster cars was dead. In his place, they had a married man with four children, two of which were to be christened, who loved his wife and family. He drove a minivan instead of a Maserati and was settled in his life. Any story about him in that context would be boring, so they spiced it up a bit to sell copies. Seems to me that that is what the writer of this current article is trying to do. Take a few pics (which may or may not exist), print them out of context, and come up with the story of his wife being "betrayed and in tears" because he went out with his friends, quoting "anonymous sources close to the couple", who may very well be posters on this site and others, who were simply airing their opinions. Unless the magazine prints pics showing CP Mary shedding big, fact tears over the alleged Incident, I'd say this is a story cooked up by a bored journalist with no proof other than the fact that he/she may have surfed this site and others, read the various opinions, both positive and negative, on CP Frederik and came up with this "story" which would sell more papers.

Also, isn't it very telling, that the Danish gossip rags, which are supposedly in a "frenzy" over the story have absolutely nothing on it.

Exactly :flowers:
I think this magazine Women's day sounds like a tabloid (maybe our Australian posters can comment on this)
maybe Frederik did go out with his friends, nothing wrong with that, Until we see hard pictures I'll tend to lean towards Frederik and Mary being happily married with the normal ups and downs of all marriages and relationships. :)
From learning about the danish press, i do believe that if they had something on Frederik of this matter (or Mary) they would print it. they tried with the blonde video but there really was nothing there.

Lets wait to get more evidence, cause if we tend to believe all tabloid stories than "the dying Queen Elizabeth begs William and Kate to take the throne so evil Camila cant take over":ROFLMAO:

Exactly :flowers:
I think this magazine Women's day sounds like a tabloid (maybe our Australian posters can comment on this)
maybe Frederik did go out with his friends, nothing wrong with that, Until we see hard pictures I'll tend to lean towards Frederik and Mary being happily married with the normal ups and downs of all marriages and relationships. :)
From learning about the danish press, i do believe that if they had something on Frederik of this matter (or Mary) they would print it. they tried with the blonde video but there really was nothing there.

Lets wait to get more evidence, cause if we tend to believe all tabloid stories than "the dying Queen Elizabeth begs William and Kate to take the throne so evil Camila cant take over":ROFLMAO:

Firstly polyesco, yes it is a gossip magazine but less outrageous than some of the U.S. "tabloids". Womans Day and New Idea used to be reputable "womens" mags i.e. knitting pattens, respectful royal coverage of the BRF, recipes and wholesome stories.

That started to change in the 80s and now I enjoy the royal photos and take the articles with a grain of salt. New Idea was the first in the world to publish transcripts of the Camillagate tapes ( cringe) and Womans Day had the Fergie toe sucking shots so that gives you an idea of when things started to change,

That is why I didn't post a link yesterday as I was unsure of the accuracy.

The photos of Mary wiping tears from her eyes. When were they taken? I bet it wasn't in the past couple of weeks!

Thank you lady rosie
What pictures were shown?

Thank you lady rosie
What pictures were shown?

I am trying to get a link but can't find them on the magazine website. I am wondering if the photos were from an engagement Mary attended a few months back and was a bit teary but I can't remember the month. I am meant to be packing up our house to move so forgive me for being distracted. TRF is much more interesting than boxes!

Mary betrayed as Fred caught out! : Woman's Day

I can easily believe the part of the story Fred clubbing, he's the type of person who will be partying, letting off steam etc when he wants, what I dont believe is that Mary is emarrassed or in tears about it, she will know by know who she married. Fred is not and will never be the type of man who can be put on a short leash by anyone, wife, children or position. Mary will have learned a long time ago that she will have to put up with Fred doing what he wants in that respect.
What on earth has fred done to deserve a character assassination like that? Worse, what on earth has Mary done to be dismissed as deserving if not causing this situation because she's some sort of greedy opportunist?
Mary knows by now that Fred is a hard person to live with, over the years we have seen Fred act out when he gets bored/antsy or whatever. She might get upset but it's not going to change Fred at all, she will just accept this in him and go on with her life and care for the children. After all someday she will be Queen Consort(?) of Denmark and that is something she will never give up.......mostly with Christian the heir.

So very true.....regardless of what goes on in that marriage, Mary is one very strong determined woman who knows her own mind and what she wants.
Okay, I'm getting the picture now. Frederik is an amoral womaniser and Mary just wants to be Queen (consort) of Denmark.
oh come on... those two look so darn happy with each other.. can we please ..

www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/176/6/6176638-china-hong-kong-denmark-royals.jpg
You lips (or fingers) to Gods ears. Most normal people think the same and I have to say, the sheer number of warm fuzzy photos of them is enough to bring on sugar shock!
Frenzy? What frenzy? Must have been a slow news day at the magazine for them to come up with this. . . . . .

The obvious escapes so many people because they are in too much of a hurry to be seen to point the finger (or post) saying "shame, shame, shame".

Not an awful lot I'm thinking. Too many people can "date" photos and will remember if and when Mary was snapped crying, which kind of ruins the story.
Is this the same magazine that years ago had the article about "Mary running out of Kancellihuset to the guards, in terror, because she had seen Queen Ingrid's ghost? ;)

There are posters who seem to be prepared to believe anything the Danish/Australian rags write about Frederik and Mary, especially if it's negative. In several other threads, however, there seems to be a general consencus, that nothing the rags write about other royals can possibly be true or trusted.
I think that all the lovely shots released and snapped over their 10 year anniversay has caused a kneejerk reaction from those who don't like Mary and find some sort of warped comfort picturing her all alone at night drowning her sorrows over Fred's infidelity which is thoroughly deserved because she doesn't really love him and is just hanging in because she wants to be a Queen.
Sorry, if I was too harsh on you.

I can just get seriously p.ssed off if I think something is unfair. And it happened today.
One is only human...:p
Too damned right. :bangin:

There will always be those amongst us who lack someone special in their own lives, so when they see the obvious affection and love between F&M they have to make some snide remarks. If people have the intelligence to believe the dribble of s*#% that these rags dispense then pity them! don't waste your breathe arguing with them. My 15 year old has the sense to have worked out that magazines print the same stories over and over again, the amount of times Mary has been fleeing to Australia with the children, the many pregnancies she has had, the plots in the DRF to get rid of her, what a joke!!
Leave the gutter news and ramblings of those who believe them alone and just ignore............ :)

Please Please Please disregard anything Australian Womans Day or New Idea say about Anyone! These are Australian sleaze magazines and will print anything on a slow news week. Even the Danish Press know that Fred is gaga over his wife. Their marriage is rock solid and I bet good money it stands the test of time. I am sure they have their share of rows but as for Fred being unfaithful I don't believe for a second. Most Aussies know these magazines are full of made up bulldust!!

Now I'm getting mad! Never mind next week one of these sleaze mags will run a story about how much Fred and Mary are in love. Then it will be a pregnancy. Then it will be Mary moving out of palace. And so on and so on. This is why Forums like this are so successful. People from all over the world come here looking for the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a post spot on MARG.

And good grief, I wan’t even waste my time comment on this and a couple of posts here. I will say I follow my Crown Prince Couple really good. And read several Danish media every day and I wouldn’t have a clue about this nonsense if I hadn’t clicked in here today.

Actually, our most critical (and sometimes quite anti-royal) magazine Se&Hør’s front page today sounds: The family man Frederik prioritises his family:
http://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/EFEC8179B12A4E29B39FB9725C1F6B0F.ashx?bc=white&w=200

And I more than hope F&M an all other married couples have a fun night out with friends once a while (in the Fall we saw pictures of Mary out with her ​​friends as well). I actually picked up my husband last Friday night at a club here in our city Roskilde called ‘Gulanden.’ Judging by his laughing all our way home in the car and his precarious walk into our house, he had had a terrific fun night out :lol:

To look and observe my Crown Prince couple is all I need. These two's love is more than obvious.

In this week's magazines (published today), we see Mary and all four children out and cheer on daddy Frederik in the weekend. They looked on and cheered from a boat. We seen them walking hand-in-hand through Tivoli.. Another of todays magazine has a funny picture serie of F&M from the Opera last Friday.. They are coming out from the first part of the Opera show to hold the pause and are pictured cracking up laughing. The journalist present write: "We don't what they were laughing at, but it was certainly something very funny."
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...749_673931039345330_7120527724120799547_n.jpg

Not to mention all the lovely pics from the Poland tour and the interview. So much Frederik maybe should learn that his hand should be a little further up on his wife out in public :cool:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...977_673931042678663_8235978436329436823_n.jpg

Oh, I hate myself for doing this. To defend something that doesn't at all needed to be defended.
But as others have mentioned, it's hard to keep you mouth shut when you find something so very unfair.

Ps. The picture of Mary wipe away a tear is from her visit to the residence 'Home' earlier this month, where she was touched to hear a girl telling about her tough fate. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/08/article-2623306-1DA445E800000578-827_634x864.jpg

:whistling:

A thing I will like to highlight is the new megaphone measurement made by TV2 on the occasion of Frederik's birthday yesterday. It shows the great popularity and trust Frederik, Mary and Margrethe have among the Danes. Those three are always a clear top 3 in all studies. How they are placed in the top three change from poll to poll. In the vote yesterday, Frederik received the most votes. The answer was: 'Who do you think is the best representative of our Royal family.'

Frederik overgår Margrethe - Bør han snart få tronen? | GO'

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry about the post I sent yesterday. I'm glad to see that the majority of Danes have a favorable opinion of the royal family.

The only other online group I belong to is a list of Anglican musicians - we're not too controversial :)

Thank you Roskilde for letting us know where the event of Mary shedding a tear was. I knew it wouldn't have had any thing to do with Frederik's night out.

The good thing is that the magazine in question wouldn't have had any real sales increase because it really wouldn't be/isn't a big story here.

So basically a waste of time and energy. I am putting this rubbish to the recesses of my mind and focus on the lovely family that F & M have built together.

Last edited:
The posts about Frederik and the sailing event over the weekend have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ederik-and-sailing-competitions-19107-19.html thread.

Please look to see if there is a relevant thread before posting, as it saves the moderators a lot of time having to move posts from several threads around each day. There is a map of the Danish forum here, which lists every thread related to the family.

And can we please move on from the tabloid discussion? It is clear what everyone's opinion is, so let's not continue going around in circles.

Last edited:
thanks pammy :) saw them posted on facebook yesterday and thougt they were new, but yes there are from the night they visited eurovision :)

10th wedding anniversary

This months edition of the Australian Women's Weekly has an article and of course include some of the photos released for the anniversary of Frederik and Mary. I cannot find it online as yet but possibly will be later.

This is part of the article about the family photo.
"Prince Christian, eight, has his arm around his dad; Princess Isabella, seven and growing up fast, leans on her mum, her piercing blue eyes and gentle smile hinting at an impish personality; and twins Josephine and Vincent, three, sit in their parents' laps, the picture of childish contentment. Prince and Princesses they may all be, but these kids are raised as normally as possible and it shows in their unaffected, carefree manner."

Nice, I agree and this is so Isabella.

Last edited:
how nice for frederik,mary and the kids...fredensborg is a lovely place to stay during the summer..lot of nature to the kids..and know from my family in the town that they looks forward to get the crown prince family "back" home :)

So it will be on 5th June they will move.

I'm in no doubt they have created a really nice place in Frederik VIII Palace, but in the summer months I understand it will be great for the family to get out in green peaceful surroundings. If I remember correctly there is also a swimming pool.

Can't help but thinking that it also may awaken some fond memories for F&M. They had some happy years in the Chancellery House. Now they return with four children. My, the time flies! Maybe Christian and Isabella can remember it and recognize their rooms..

Last edited:
So It's today that Frederik, Mary and the children move to the Chancellery House according to Billedbladet. They have some good days to fall into place in - the next days in DK says sun and 25-27 degrees.

Another thing: Those who have been curious about whether F&M's children learn French? They apparently do.. by Grandpapa Henrik. TV2 sent last night in prime time a really good and exciting program with Henrik on the occasion of his 80th birthday. Here are Christian and Isabella contributing in part of the program and we see that Henrik invite them home and reading stories to them in French because "now Granpapa are going to teach you French" as he says ;)

How well it goes? I don't know - both Christian and Isabella looked like two giant question mark as Granpapa read aloud in French :D And even more when he says a long French phrase aloud and says to them: "Now your turn.. Can your say that phrase?" :lol:

Last edited:
:previous:that is neat.
I guess it makes since for F&M kids to learn English first, after Danish, (since its their mother's language) but its great that they get some French lessons as well, and who better than grandpa Henrik ;)
Its a surprise how much kids learn (or at least understand it) just by "osmosis" by being around it and absorbing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom