General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. :flowers:

thank you Roskilde for the pictures, a nice outing

The man with them, remains me of the man who went with Mary and Isabella and Christian the pirate theme play a few years back (where Chris and Bella came out with pirate swords and hats)
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1152x-u/6852894-rd-lber---eventyrteatret.jpg

That's Fritz Schur.
Close friend of the Regent Couple and since the death of Mærsk McKinney Møller, the one who looks after their personal investments.
He is at present one of the most powerful businessmen in DK and very affluent indeed.
A man like that has enemies and there has been some concern expressed in the media regarding his closeness with the Regent Couple in particular - as there was when Mærsk McKinney Møller was alive.
I presume the two girls are his grandchildren?

Last edited:
Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course :D

Last edited:
Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course :D

Yes, this one, right? :flowers:
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1152x-u/6852894-rd-lber---eventyrteatret.jpg

Looks like the Handwerk girls.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the girls is daughters of M+F's (probably) most close friends Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk. India born around the same time as Christian, Palma born a little year after Bella IIRC. Both girls goes to dance together with Isabella. Here's a picture from a dance performance some time ago - a performance which also Isabella attended with mom, dad and Christian as spectators.
BB20_zpsbb6690aa.jpg Photo by jema2005 | Photobucket

And some "news" from Facebook spotters ;) Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385944_550322908372811_297923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544074_550325275039241_372143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: http://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_06-59-43/DSC_0700_2010-08-18_13-32-09_640x425.JPG

Article and video from Billedbladet of Mary's day with Christian, Isabella and friends in Tivoli.. The always cheerful Bella made ​​sure to charm Billedbladet's journalist Ulrik Ulriksen by making her own musical - she both sang and danced on her way out from Tivoli.

Video: Prinsesse Isabella sang og dansede - Billed Bladet

Translated: Google Oversæt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos and information everyone, Christian and Isabella are sweet children, and I find it cute how they bought two little friends along as well. I like Isabella's outfit, it looks quite smart. Her patent boots are nice too.

And some "news" from Facebook spotters ;) Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385944_550322908372811_297923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544074_550325275039241_372143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: http://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_06-59-43/DSC_0700_2010-08-18_13-32-09_640x425.JPG

how nice is it that we can go shopping and eating in fisketorvet together with our crownprince family ;-)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
Showtime.
Written by our entertainment reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Accompanied by Fritz Schur, who is also a member of the board of the theatre where Mary and her children were going to see a musical called Eldorado, and unsurprisingly, considering the legend, the musical took place in a jungle close to the Andes involving lots of Incas. - With autumn holiday next week this is high season for children's actvities, so they will be smiling broadly at the free advertising the DRF gave them.
With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?).

Well, inside it took a few moments for children, PET officers and adults to figure out where they should be seated.
During the musical, Bella, sitting right next to mother was for once quiet, following the show intensely. Christian sat next to Fritz Schur with whom he quietly discussed the show.
When the show was over it got standing ovations, with Isabella thinking it was so great she handed out high-fives to the girl next to her.
When they left it was with Isabella in front dancing and singing: "Eldorado, eldorado". - Something she also did during the ovations.
Mary looked at our reporter and said: "She loves to perform".

Mary was asked on the way out what she thought of the show: "It was impressive. Really grand". (In the vidoe by BB, she's saying: "Really, really good", but perhaps that was another journalist asking).

Mary and her entourage also went back stage to meet the performers, Isabella and Christian also went on stage - but by then the curtain was down.

The chairman of the board of the theatre, Rudi Nielsen, was asked whether she thought Isabella has a future as an actress before her: "I don't know, but she would be good on stage".

Bella still attends dance lessons once a week.

- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.

Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)

... With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?) ...

The Handwerk children indeed.

Thank you for the summary of that article, Muhler :flowers:

Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)

Almost all Danish students have the next week off - the so-called Efterårsferie (Autumn Holiday), and IIRC, M+F went to Trend during the holiday last year (where Mary took those birthday photos of Christian).

Last edited:
Considering the huge reception Prince Harry received on his recent trip to Australia, I'm wondering if the Danish media are a bit nervous that CP Fred and CP Mary's reception may fall a little flat?
I mean no offence and I'm a huge fan of the Danish Monarchy and its ties to the BRF. I'm just curious from a PR standpoint if the Danes are nervous about the huge welcome Harry received.

It can hardly be compared. Because Harry is a direct representative of the Australian head of state whereas M&F represent another country.
If I were to be concerned it would the other way around. That members of the BRF were upstaged by foreign royals.

Also, Harry was in Australia to show the face in general so to speak, while M&F will go to Australia for a more specific purpose.

So unless M&F are completely ignored or recieve a very bad press, it's good from a Danish PR point of view.
Just M&F on TV handing out a culture award (even if it's not a nation wide channel) is worth I don't know how much money saved in advertizing DK in Australia.
I don't think many Danes expect the DRF to genuinely upstage the BRF in Australia. - We (okay, I) may be flattered and indeed proud if they do, not to mention surprised! But that is hardly realistic.

A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig

A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig

thanks for the note. I wasn't sure if Halloween and going door to door was celebrated in DK. thanks
I guess Mary did not stay in Australia after their visit:flowers:

Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'. :flowers:

It's broadcast every Friday evening and is the week's most watched tv-program here in Denmark. It's about well-known Danish people who shall learn to dance and the show is found in many other countries too, I think it's called 'Shall We Dance?', maybe some of you know it?

Isabella, who we all know is fresh for a little dance anytime and anywhere, and little Josephine (maybe going in her sisters foot steps) should have had a blast, so much that Josephine could have stayed muuuuch longer after the show ended.

It's Mary's hairdresser Søren Hedegaard, who create the hair on the dancers, so he maybe have invited them.

Anyway, nice they do such things. At home we also watch 'Vild Med Dans' every Friday. Or.. I and daughter watch it - husband goes a looong walk with the dog and has a huge smile on his face when it finally ends after 2 hours!

I guess it's the same home at Mary and Frederik.. Frederik, Christian and Vincent was probably busy building big houses rather than looking on dance and fine dresses :D

B.T. article: Mary til Vild med dans - morer sig over Simonsen - Vild med dans | www.bt.dk

BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary og prinsesserne til Vild med dans

Ekstrabladet article: Ekstra Bladet - Mary er også vild med Allan

Last edited:
Vild med dans is the Danish equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars :)

:previous: It's the same in our home as well. Mrs. Muhler and our daughter and friends are glued to the screen. The rest of us seek refuge anywhere else. :lol:
If I happen to be home it's only to ensure the house don't burn down unnoticed around their ears.

The only reason why men will watch the show is because the (in DK) legendary soccer player, Allan Simonsen, is there. - But I understand he can't dance at all...

Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'.
I thought they were only to the rehearsals?

I thought they were only to the rehearsals?

That's correct.

As Roskilde suggested, perhaps Søren Heedegaard brought them along.

I can well imagine that this show is something the pupils in Isabella's dance-class follow closely.

Last edited:
:previous: It's the same in our home as well. Mrs. Muhler and our daughter and friends are glued to the screen. The rest of us seek refuge anywhere else. :lol:
If I happen to be home it's only to ensure the house don't burn down unnoticed around their ears.

The only reason why men will watch the show is because the (in DK) legendary soccer player, Allan Simonsen, is there. - But I understand he can't dance at all...

:lol::lol:

In relation to Allan Simonsen .. Trust me, he CAN'T dance! At all. But I fear he wins it all. There are people who vote for him without even seeing the show - just to tease TV2 and us who like the program. Oh yes, there happens a lot in the Vild Med Dans universe that you men miss out :p

Fun for Mary and her girls to watch it "live", Søren Hedegaard can most likely tells some good stories about the show and the dancers.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2013.
Prinsesserne er vilde med dans - The Prinsesses are wild about dancing. (*)
Written by our reporter o the floor, Liz Rørsig.

Who must have called a number of those present afterwards.

It was indeed Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, who invited Mary and daughters to the dress rehersal of the show.

Allan Simonsen, the iconic soccerplayer, who according to Mrs. Muhler has the dance talent of a lamppost, said: "It was grand to be visited by Mary and the lovely children. Sofie (his dance partner) and I were a bit awed that they suddenly turned up in the studio. I wasn't nervous but I didn't have time to see how they reacted or whether they applauded, becuase I was completely focused on the dance. But it was nice that they watched and it gave me a great feeling. I am a big royalist and (I) think we have a fantastic royal family with some lovely people. It's a pleasure to have them as our face outwards.
Whether I hope Mary will vote for me? I'd rather not comment on that. It's probably not appropriate".

Mads Vad, who I'm not quite sure who is... said: "It was a huge experience to be allowed to dance for Mary and the children. I'm such a big fan of that family and (I) am immensely proud that one is doing something they want to see......
I became a little bit nervous because I have so much respect for Mary. She is one of the very best looking girls in the world and I think she is so appealing. The two little girls were also so sweet and well behaved. They just sat and smiled, clapped and thought it was fun. For Mie (his dance partner) it was just as big a thing to dance in front of the royal family...."

Uffe Holm, a standupper, whose vocabulary would make Eddy Murphy bluss, said: "It's cosy that they also like the programme/show and it's super good style to bring the little Princesses in to see the show".

- It has been reported widely that Jospehine wasn't that keen to leave afterwards. :lol:

(*) A reference to the shows Danish title: Vild med dans = wild about dancing.

Thanks Muhler, can see that Mary and the girls left a very good impression :flowers:

Maybe it isn't the last time they visit the show? - there are three rounds yet before the final.

Mads Vad, who I'm not quite sure who is... said: "It was a huge experience to be allowed to dance for Mary and the children. I'm such a big fan of that family and (I) am immensely proud that one is doing something they want to see......
I became a little bit nervous because I have so much respect for Mary. She is one of the very best looking girls in the world and I think she is so appealing. The two little girls were also so sweet and well behaved. They just sat and smiled, clapped and thought it was fun. For Mie (his dance partner) it was just as big a thing to dance in front of the royal family...."

Mads Vad is an very tall man with extremely long legs :p But he knows what to do with them - he can dance! He is my favorite. Moreover, a very kind and sympathetic man IMO.

And so is he one of the few men on the show who is heterosexual.

Here he is:
http://www.dagens.dk/sites/default/f...20dans%202.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...d-med-dans.jpg (very young, several years ago)
http://www.sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cach..._0_0_0_0_2.jpg

hey everyone,

when talk about vild med dans, wild about dancing,

i have bought the weeks edition of her og nu magazine and it writes that josephine also has started to dancing, just like her big sister, it is mary who take with her and she goes with other kids on her age. it is at østerbro in copenhagen, the same place as isabella, but because of the age difference between them goes they on separate teams :)

hey everyone,

when talk about vild med dans, wild about dancing,

i have bought the weeks edition of her og nu magazine and it writes that josephine also has started to dancing, just like her big sister, it is mary who take with her and she goes with other kids on her age. it is at østerbro in copenhagen, the same place as isabella, but because of the
age difference between them goes they on separate teams :)

Thanks for information, Maggie Denmark :flowers:

Nice to know. I'm sure Isabella and Josephine doing lots of dance performances at home. Performances which the entire family is forced to watch again and again... and again!

I speak from own experience :cool:

Another thing... Some little news of 'Frederik and Mary out and about on the streets in Copenhagen.'

Frederik and Mary are today spotted by several people passing by on their Christiania bikes in Copenhagen with their foursome:

A young woman writes that she started the day with recieving a huge smile from both Mary and Frederik. She says they were passing by her at Kongens Nytorv on each of their Christiania bike full of princes and princesses.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1468720_575735189164916_1722158759_n.jpg

Another woman writes she later in the day saw Mary coming out from Amalienborg, again on her Christiania bike. She writes that she probably was on her way to pick up the kids.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1461827_575735132498255_1311471048_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for information, Maggie Denmark :flowers:

Nice to know. I'm sure Isabella and Josephine doing lots of dance performances at home. Performances which the entire family is forced to watch again and again... and again!

I speak from own experience :cool:

Another thing... Some little news of 'Frederik and Mary out and about on the streets in Copenhagen.'

Frederik and Mary are today spotted by several people passing by on their Christiania bikes in Copenhagen with their foursome:

A young woman writes that she started the day with recieving a huge smile from both Mary and Frederik. She says they were passing by her at Kongens Nytorv on each of their Christiania bike full of princes and princesses.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1468720_575735189164916_1722158759_n.jpg

Another woman writes she later in the day saw Mary coming out from Amalienborg, again on her Christiania bike. She writes that she probably was on her way to pick up the kids.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1461827_575735132498255_1311471048_n.jpg

Like to see pictures of these moments

:previous: Yeah, but on the other hand, this is what I think is great. Mary and Frederik can drop off/pick up their children on their bikes, they can take their bike into town for shopping or they can go jogging without people photographing them. People notice them, but they let them be private. (The vast majority at least)

If there are pictures, it's usually because a reporter saw them. As here some months ago, for example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/995815_499021306836305_1548257564_n.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: Yeah, but on the other hand, this is what I think is great. Mary and Frederik can drop off/pick up their children on their bikes, they can take their bike into town for shopping or they can go jogging without people photographing them. People notice them, but they let them be private.

If there are pictures, it's usually because a reporter saw them. As here some months ago, for example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/995815_499021306836305_1548257564_n.jpg

thanks for sharing. :flowers:
I too would love to see pics, but I love it that they can go out and about with minimum disturbance.

I wonder if Christian and Isabella were inside the Christiania bikes as well:D

Discussion on Princess Mary's father's move to Denmark has been moved to the
The Family of Crown Princess Mary - The Donaldsons
Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom