General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't understand that hatred towards Mary. Everything should have limits.

I'm baffled by it as well. I certainly wouldn't devote hours of my personal time to someone or something that I disliked. I understand the vitriol against Mary or any of the royal ladies.

I had a look at the blog; it's not closed down, it's still there. If it was closed down, it wouldn't be there.

I'm not much of a fan of royalty in general, and not a fan of Mary either; don't think it's necessary to be a fan, anyway. I believe it's fine not to like someone or what they do. I question the validity of royals' existence in general.

But I believe it's not fine to call anyone a "whore" and the like, as in most cases it's not true. Besides, prostitutes also deserve respect as women doing a job they probably only do because they have no choice.

It is not fine by me to spread stories about Mary's children being autistic (Christian), or not being able to learn to walk (sweet Josie). - I may have reservations about Mary and Fred, but their children are children and must not be involved in what their parents do or don't do.

I find the blog was a hate blog and didn't provide much information about the Danish RF. It's good it won't continue with more "information", as its mission falls beyond the limits of criticism.

I will always remain strongly opposed to labelling anyone as a "loser". Name-calling never says anything about the target, but it does say a lot about the person doing it.

As for Mary and her family; I may not like them much, but I do not wish them any harm. I wish they remain healthy, honest, sincere, and always give their best to whatever they are involved in.

I remember reading some consistently nasty and jealous posts on this very forum regarding Mary when she was dating/engaged to Frederik.

Regardless of the person or their place in society, it is never nice to read such things and I am glad those have either gone away or moved to other forums.

Really, it says more about those who write it than the subject. To me from afar, Mary seems to be doing a fantastically professional job. Denmark should be proud of her!

as you know i have also meet and chatted briefly to mary two times now (also posted pictures on this site both times) and mary is truly one of the most pleasant and down to earth human to stand face to face with. and i cant take it so seriosly cause if i dont visited these foreign forum i would not have a clue that such a page exists and i would never have heard about it as a "common" dane if i had not read about it here
so i am a bit shocked to hear about it as you will never read something about mary here in Denmark, where she is the most popular member of our royal family

There are 'hateboards' out there for almost every royal, its nothing exclusive to Mary. The beauty of TRF is that they have rules to keep everything civil here, so why talk about other boards.

Was quite surprised to read the blog, ok, shocked more the word. I became interested in these forums after Mary married Fred, prior to that didn't even know there were other royal families other than Monaco and the BRF. I don't obsess over them, don't think much of the new generation of the BRF, but that kind of posting was scary.

I find extreme in any direction is just that: extreme. I'm undecided whether extreme is good or bad, or perhaps not necessarily either, but because I find it counter-productive, there is not much point in engaging in it too much.

As for Mary; I don't think she's an evil person, but I don't think she's God's gift to the rest of mankind either. I also believe Denmark would be doing just fine if Fred had married someone else; Mary is not there because she is Mary, but because she's Fred's wife. She's not my favourite of the princesses (Victoria is the one!), and Maxima makes an excellent queen.

I find Mary's and Fred's children cute to follow. I feel a bit for Christian because he doesn't have much of a choice regarding his future. Isabella is my favourite, but the twins are also lovely. I think Mary and Fred are very lucky to have such wonderful children!

I find extreme in any direction is just that: extreme. I'm undecided whether extreme is good or bad, or perhaps not necessarily either, but because I find it counter-productive, there is not much point in engaging in it too much.

As for Mary; I don't think she's an evil person, but I don't think she's God's gift to the rest of mankind either. I also believe Denmark would be doing just fine if Fred had married someone else; Mary is not there because she is Mary, but because she's Fred's wife. She's not my favourite of the princesses (Victoria is the one!), and Maxima makes an excellent queen.

I find Mary's and Fred's children cute to follow. I feel a bit for Christian because he doesn't have much of a choice regarding his future. Isabella is my favourite, but the twins are also lovely. I think Mary and Fred are very lucky to have such wonderful children!

Which of the Crown Princesses/Princesses/Queens (younger generation) other than Victoria would be there if they had not married a Prince? All other countries would be doing just fine if the Prince of that country had picked a different wife but they didn't, they all including Frederik married whom they loved and wanted.

Hatred of any kind is a great waste of time, and to wait for years for someone to divorce as is stated is simply mind boggling.
"

Last edited:
Marfre, no, I didn't mean that being crown princess through marriage is less valid than being born one, and yes, all the ladies in a similar position are not any different. I also think Mary is doing a perfectly fine job where she is; nothing wrong at all!

My beef will always remain the ongoing existence of royals per se. If royals must be, then Mary or anyone else is fine by me! But we will all have our favourites. - I do have some reservations about things in Spain currently, as I don't think anyone should get involved in things illegal, royals included. :)

There are 'hateboards' out there for almost every royal, its nothing exclusive to Mary. The beauty of TRF is that they have rules to keep everything civil here, so why talk about other boards.

Well said, thank you very much for that, Duke of Marmalade! :flowers:

* With this in mind the ongoing discussion about certain other forums has been shortened, a couple of posts have been removed. If you have complaints about other forums it is more constructive to discuss those at these particular forums. Complying with the netiquette and the TRF rules please don't speak badly of other forums here and enjoy the main themes instead: the royal topics! Thank you! *

Danish Seoghør's cover and two main stories today (magazine published today) is dedicated to Frederik, Mary and the children. They have coming into possession of pictures and information about the family's private trip in late January. And then they have met Mary on her birthday, which was a quiet and calm day with daily life duties. They met her on her cargo bike together with Ziggy on her way through Copenhagen to "pick up" Vincent and Josephine from kindergarten.
Mary viser sin smukke bikini-krop frem - Kendte - SE og HØR

I'm NOT a fan of this kind of journalism and I have been very unsure if I should post it or not, but has decided to post it because I know it will end up at the internet anyway, and most probably in small bites from several posters, then it's better to get the right context from one user. IMO.

The magazine (not surprising as it SeogHør we talk about) most focus on Mary's well kept body and beautiful figure. And the otherwise sometimes quite critical magazine towards royals is filled with very admiring words. But I think I will skip that part and instead translate the actual information the magazine has caught.

The Crown Princely family was a week at the Maldives (well guessed, Dazzling) and they lived at the resort called, Reetrhi Rah. SeogHør is quoting from a guest (probably the same one who has sent them the pictures)*

- Mary and Frederik clearly looked to had a great week with good time to each other and their children. They spent most of the days at the hotel's area where they stayed at the pool or at the beach. Frederik dived several times with the children and they played a lot beach volleyball all together.

Frederik took every morning a long swim in the large pool, while Mary stayed at the children's pool with the children. The guest is quoted saying: "Mary played a lot with the children, Mary and the children for example lay and snuggled together at her sunbed while they listened to her singing for them."

In the evening, they enjoyed the daily evening entertainment where Mary and Frederik enjoyed a few drinks, but the family always went home quite early.

The guest describes the couple as "very sweet and very down to earth, they seemed really relaxed and so did their children. They are really well-behaved, those children."

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1794789_621303277941440_1807180023_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...09441329_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...21087426_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57421453_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...55448826_n.jpg

* It's definitely not my impression that it's SeogHør themselves who have found the family. They have been tipped off by a guest at the same hotel who has recognized them and sent four pictures home to the magazine.

Last edited:
:previous:thanks Roskilde.
By the looks of it, this guest spent most of their time following F&M around.
But I guess the paparazzi are much worse :flowers:

It sounds like they had a great week with their young family and together. Very nice picture of them playing volleyball

:previous:thanks Roskilde.
By the looks of it, this guest spent most of their time following F&M around.
But I guess the paparazzi are much worse :flowers:

It sounds like they had a great week with their young family and together. Very nice picture of them playing volleyball

My thoughts as well, Polyesco :cool:

I'm strongly opposed to publication of any photos of anyone's private holiday. Everybody has a right to privacy, and I wish the DRF members were also left alone on their private holidays.

the maldives good choice... it is fantastic i have been there twice, and man, 42 years and four children mary rocking the bikini!! what i do not understand is people who send photos of them to magazines but i guess they get a great deal of money...

Last edited:
wow, I guess I wouldn't be too upset about posting pics of me if I looked like that However, mary does seem to have noticed the intruder. REally too bad.

:previous:great picture. Its so nice that they (as we seen both Mary and Frederik) are able and go to pick up their kids:)

This Thursday 8.30pm Channel 7 in Oz....

....Hi All,

Channel 7, here in Australia, is advertising a special they will be broadcasting this Thursday - February 27 - at 8.30pm, with nice-guy comedian Anh Do running around Denmark looking for CP Mary, and trying to discover why the people of Scandinavia are so happy.

Program is called "Anh Does Scandinavia".

Might be a nice show for any Aussie posters interested in Mary's adopted home-land.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

(Also available on "PLUS7" on the internet.)

Thanks, Sun Lion.

Keep us informed. It's always interesting to have a foreign perspective on our country - and sometimes you can have a little chuckle as well.
I remember with some amusement Oprah's bid on why we Danes are so happy and her visiting a "normal" Danish home. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Sun Lion.

Keep us informed. It's always interesting to have a foreign perspective on our country - and sometimes you can have a little chuckle as well.
I remember with some amusement Oprah's bid on why we Danes are so happy and her visiting a "normal" Danish home. :ROFLMAO:

Hi Muhler - will do.

Previously Anh has "done" Britain and Vietnam and those shows were ratings winners.

Certainly he is a very popular chap here, and this new program is being heavily promoted with clips of CP Mary and CP Frederick's wedding in amongst Anh dodging the Royal Guards, riding bikes around etc.

(Sweden and Iceland are also covered.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

(I saw the Oprah show - hard to compare life in Denmark with life in the US. Some things must have puzzled her American audience I think.)

HerogNu can today announce that Frederik and Mary - together with all four children - this summer will make a two weeks long Summer Cruise to Greenland aboard Dannebrog. The family will for two weeks visiting the east and west coast and visit the various towns and settlements. The magazine can even give the dates. F+M and the children will go to Greenland the last week of July and stay there for two weeks (which fits perfectly with Christian and Isabella's school start in the middle of August)

HerogNu doesn't write where they have their information from, but the Greenlandic newspapers have the last couple of weeks written about an upcoming visit this summer, but hasn't gived much information yet.

Let's hope HerogNu's information is correct :flowers:

Article
Frederik og Marys store ønske - HER&NU

Translated into English
Google-kääntäjä

:previous: That would be great, Roskilde.

A big experience for all of them and I think the Greenlanders will welcome the family with open arms.

Cool, Sun Lion.

I'll look forward to what you can tell us about the show. :flowers:

Last edited:
this is great news and hopefully true.
It will be a great experience with all 4 kids, Im sure Frederik cant wait to introduce his kids to Greenland:flowers:

much hope it is true:) it will be so lovely with the crownprince family on cruise in greenland..i have friends up there and i know they will welcome them so much..they are very very loved also in greenland!! how sure can we be on this info?

:previous:

Really hope the information is correct, it will be great to see the whole family on this cruise.
We know how much Frederik loves Greenland and Mary does now as well, it will be lovely for them to take the four children to meet the people and for the Greenlanders to get to know their cute kids.

The information is correct!

I actually wrote to BB (yes i did;)) and asked them kindly if they could confirm the information about the Crown Prince family's summer cruise. I have just got this response back:

"Yes, can you be sure that we can confirm that. The Crown Prince Couple will take on summer cruise with Dannebrog to Greenland this summer. We look SO much forward to follow along on the trip and we guess that there will be lots of fantastic pictures of Frederik, Mary and their four children in the beautiful surroundings - and perhaps national costumes? Exciting! Best wishes from the editors."

Thanks, Sun Lion.

Hi Muhler,

Just now able to watch Anh's show, and it was really striking how fluently the Danes on camera spoke English.

Anh went to a restaurant - "Ida Davidsen" - that has fed the Danish Royal Family for a couple of generations and spoke with the lady, Ida, running it.

There are one hundred and seventy seven versions of Denmark's open sandwiches to choose from on the menu, and Anh tried the one called the "Prince Frederik" - named after CP Frederik as it is his favourite.

(Pate, tomato, cucumber and fried onion.)

We also saw Princess Marie's favourite - very colourful with salmon caviar and asparagus

They all looked very healthy and very attractive.

Anh asked about CP Mary's favourite, but there isn't one named after her yet. (She hasn't been to the restaurant often enough.)

Anh then handed over a jar of vegemite to help create one for her. (Oz's favourtie spread.)

He spoke with a lady, Jeanette, who works with CP Mary's Foundation on her anti-bullying work in Denmark's schools.

We saw some of the things being done with little children being taught to give each other massages while breathing in a certain way, to help develop empathy

Anh demonstrated the Danish invented airbag cycle helmet, and rode about Copenhagen with "Borgen" actress Birgitte Sorensen.

They read a bit of Hans Christian Andersen's "Ugly Duckling" together and we saw some paper-cutting demonstrated. (Something HC Andersen did also.)

Birgitte explained about Denmark's high taxation, and how though no-one can help everyone, everyone can help some-one, and that is something Danes value.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sun Lion. :flowers:
Yes, the Davidson family are close to Joachim and our Marie in particular.
The massage thing - is that something we've learned from you Aussie's anti-bullying programme as well? Or is it a local developement?

BB informs us that when Frederik returned home from Sochi last Sunday, he shortly after went for a stroll with his children. Around noon Frederik was observed emerging from Amalienborg with Josephine in a stroller and Vincent walking next to dad. Bella and Christian formed the vanguard each on a scooter. (*) Mingling with many other Copenhageners they walked along the water front.
No pictures.

(*) Is a thingy like this really called a scooter in English? http://www.mm-konsol.dk/productimages/Extreme-Trick-Loebehjul-3-0.jpg
In DK a scooter is such a thing: http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00aBVQOPTWurqE/Scooter-JL150T-3A-VI-.jpg :cool: I.e. a big moped. A (small) moped like this: http://www.puchklub.dk/cm-webpic/Efterlysning/knallert-01.jpg complete with an "organised" box on the rear, is called a "knallert = a cracker" in Danish from the sound a "loser-bike" like this makes. And thus ends this Danish lesson. :graduate:

(*) Is a thingy like this really called a scooter in English? http://www.mm-konsol.dk/productimages/Extreme-Trick-Loebehjul-3-0.jpg
In DK a scooter is such a thing: http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00aBVQOPTWurqE/Scooter-JL150T-3A-VI-.jpg :cool: I.e. a big moped. A (small) moped like this: http://www.puchklub.dk/cm-webpic/Efterlysning/knallert-01.jpg complete with an "organised" box on the rear, is called a "knallert = a cracker" in Danish from the sound a "loser-bike" like this makes. And thus ends this Danish lesson. :graduate:

We call all 3 scooters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom