The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
I agree.

thank you Roskilde for the pictures, a nice outing

The man with them, remains me of the man who went with Mary and Isabella and Christian the pirate theme play a few years back (where Chris and Bella came out with pirate swords and hats)
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/852/6/1...tyrteatret.jpg
That's Fritz Schur.
Close friend of the Regent Couple and since the death of Mærsk McKinney Møller, the one who looks after their personal investments.
He is at present one of the most powerful businessmen in DK and very affluent indeed.
A man like that has enemies and there has been some concern expressed in the media regarding his closeness with the Regent Couple in particular - as there was when Mærsk McKinney Møller was alive.
I presume the two girls are his grandchildren?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That's Fritz Schur.
I presume the two girls are his grandchildren?
Looks like the Handwerk girls.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Nobility

Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
The man with them, remains me of the man who went with Mary and Isabella and Christian the pirate theme play a few years back (where Chris and Bella came out with pirate swords and hats)
The man in the picture would be the rather controversial and somewhat shady businessman and chamberlain Fritz Schur.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Love the way Isabella is looking at her mother In that last photo.....so full of adoration and love... And I am sure Christian is a bossy but protective big brother who would not any one mess with his sister(s)....except him of course
Yes, this one, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Looks like the Handwerk girls.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the girls is daughters of M+F's (probably) most close friends Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk. India born around the same time as Christian, Palma born a little year after Bella IIRC. Both girls goes to dance together with Isabella. Here's a picture from a dance performance some time ago - a performance which also Isabella attended with mom, dad and Christian as spectators.
BB20_zpsbb6690aa.jpg Photo by jema2005 | Photobucket

And some "news" from Facebook spotters Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...97923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...72143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: http://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_...09_640x425.JPG

Article and video from Billedbladet of Mary's day with Christian, Isabella and friends in Tivoli.. The always cheerful Bella made ​​sure to charm Billedbladet's journalist Ulrik Ulriksen by making her own musical - she both sang and danced on her way out from Tivoli.

Video: Prinsesse Isabella sang og dansede - Billed Bladet

Translated: Google Oversæt
Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the photos and information everyone, Christian and Isabella are sweet children, and I find it cute how they bought two little friends along as well. I like Isabella's outfit, it looks quite smart. Her patent boots are nice too.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
And some "news" from Facebook spotters Frederik and Mary along with all their children were a couple of hours ago spotted at a café/restaurant in a shopping center in Copenhagen called Fisketorvet.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...97923857_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...72143243_n.jpg

Fisketorvet: http://img1.eu.nelso.com/2010-08-18_...09_640x425.JPG
how nice is it that we can go shopping and eating in fisketorvet together with our crownprince family ;-)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
Showtime.
Written by our entertainment reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Accompanied by Fritz Schur, who is also a member of the board of the theatre where Mary and her children were going to see a musical called Eldorado, and unsurprisingly, considering the legend, the musical took place in a jungle close to the Andes involving lots of Incas. - With autumn holiday next week this is high season for children's actvities, so they will be smiling broadly at the free advertising the DRF gave them.
With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?).

Well, inside it took a few moments for children, PET officers and adults to figure out where they should be seated.
During the musical, Bella, sitting right next to mother was for once quiet, following the show intensely. Christian sat next to Fritz Schur with whom he quietly discussed the show.
When the show was over it got standing ovations, with Isabella thinking it was so great she handed out high-fives to the girl next to her.
When they left it was with Isabella in front dancing and singing: "Eldorado, eldorado". - Something she also did during the ovations.
Mary looked at our reporter and said: "She loves to perform".

Mary was asked on the way out what she thought of the show: "It was impressive. Really grand". (In the vidoe by BB, she's saying: "Really, really good", but perhaps that was another journalist asking).

Mary and her entourage also went back stage to meet the performers, Isabella and Christian also went on stage - but by then the curtain was down.

The chairman of the board of the theatre, Rudi Nielsen, was asked whether she thought Isabella has a future as an actress before her: "I don't know, but she would be good on stage".

Bella still attends dance lessons once a week.

- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
- My guess is that M&F will go to Trend next week with the children. As they have an engagement in Aarhus tomorrow, my guess is that they will dine and and spend the night at Marselisborg before driving on to Trend Saturday.
Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
... With Christian and the lively Isabella went India and Palma (The Handwerk children?) ...
The Handwerk children indeed.

Thank you for the summary of that article, Muhler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
Why are they going to Trend next week? Is that to celebrate Christian's birthday? I had assumed they were going to leave pretty immediately for Australia to spend some private time with Mary's family ahead of their official engagements.
Thanks! :)
Almost all Danish students have the next week off - the so-called Efterårsferie (Autumn Holiday), and IIRC, M+F went to Trend during the holiday last year (where Mary took those birthday photos of Christian).

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Commoner

Courtesies and curtsies: what it takes to interview Princess 'Maz'

Crown Prince couple new interview and magazine photoshoot
Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess me View Post
Considering the huge reception Prince Harry received on his recent trip to Australia, I'm wondering if the Danish media are a bit nervous that CP Fred and CP Mary's reception may fall a little flat?
I mean no offence and I'm a huge fan of the Danish Monarchy and its ties to the BRF. I'm just curious from a PR standpoint if the Danes are nervous about the huge welcome Harry received.
It can hardly be compared. Because Harry is a direct representative of the Australian head of state whereas M&F represent another country.
If I were to be concerned it would the other way around. That members of the BRF were upstaged by foreign royals.

Also, Harry was in Australia to show the face in general so to speak, while M&F will go to Australia for a more specific purpose.

So unless M&F are completely ignored or recieve a very bad press, it's good from a Danish PR point of view.
Just M&F on TV handing out a culture award (even if it's not a nation wide channel) is worth I don't know how much money saved in advertizing DK in Australia.
I don't think many Danes expect the DRF to genuinely upstage the BRF in Australia. - We (okay, I) may be flattered and indeed proud if they do, not to mention surprised! But that is hardly realistic.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Crown Prince Couple's Visit to Australia; October 25th-28th, 2013 **
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig
Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A little note: The new BB coming out tomorrow informs us that Christian and Bella last Thursday evening was out and about in Copenhagen and ring doorbells for Halloween with mom and some of their peers friends.

Since it was October 31st Mary may have flown straight home to the children after their visit ended.

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig
thanks for the note. I wasn't sure if Halloween and going door to door was celebrated in DK. thanks
I guess Mary did not stay in Australia after their visit
Old 11-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'.

It's broadcast every Friday evening and is the week's most watched tv-program here in Denmark. It's about well-known Danish people who shall learn to dance and the show is found in many other countries too, I think it's called 'Shall We Dance?', maybe some of you know it?

Isabella, who we all know is fresh for a little dance anytime and anywhere, and little Josephine (maybe going in her sisters foot steps) should have had a blast, so much that Josephine could have stayed muuuuch longer after the show ended.

It's Mary's hairdresser Søren Hedegaard, who create the hair on the dancers, so he maybe have invited them.

Anyway, nice they do such things. At home we also watch 'Vild Med Dans' every Friday. Or.. I and daughter watch it - husband goes a looong walk with the dog and has a huge smile on his face when it finally ends after 2 hours!

I guess it's the same home at Mary and Frederik.. Frederik, Christian and Vincent was probably busy building big houses rather than looking on dance and fine dresses

B.T. article: Mary til Vild med dans - morer sig over Simonsen - Vild med dans | www.bt.dk

BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary og prinsesserne til Vild med dans

Ekstrabladet article: Ekstra Bladet - Mary er også vild med Allan
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

Vild med dans is the Danish equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars

Old 11-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

It's the same in our home as well. Mrs. Muhler and our daughter and friends are glued to the screen. The rest of us seek refuge anywhere else.
If I happen to be home it's only to ensure the house don't burn down unnoticed around their ears.

The only reason why men will watch the show is because the (in DK) legendary soccer player, Allan Simonsen, is there. - But I understand he can't dance at all...
Old 11-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Several Danish media told us earlier this evening that Mary had taken her two dancing girls, Bella and Josephine with her to a "girls-night-out" to the Danish entertainment tv-show called 'Vild Med Dans'.
I thought they were only to the rehearsals?

Tags
general news, general news of princess mary, prince frederik, princess mary