The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 05-20-2014, 12:28 AM
SElizabeth's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 701
Fred cheating, I don't think so, not with that wife of his, she would raise holy he;; for the entire world to hear, Mary might appear sweet and quiet, yet this woman is one on fire for sure......I so admire her, after all take a look at all the transformations she has made since marrying Fred, and I don't think Fred is quite an easy person to live with. She is one very strong lady and that is a big plus.
__________________

__________________
  #442  
Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Fred cheating, I don't think so, not with that wife of his, she would raise holy he;; for the entire world to hear, Mary might appear sweet and quiet, yet this woman is one on fire for sure......I so admire her, after all take a look at all the transformations she has made since marrying Fred, and I don't think Fred is quite an easy person to live with. She is one very strong lady and that is a big plus.
I agree with this assessment. He's not the type of man who can be controlled and always does as the wife tells him. In terms of cheating, I wouldnt bet my life on it that he doesnt.

Sounds like millions of other relationships/marriages, doesnt it. I do think their marriage is good, but I dont buy the 'fairytale' image that they love to promote at all.
__________________

__________________
  #443  
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 AM
redtulip's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 284
THIS HAS BEEN traditionally been used for emphasis since the advent of typewriters in the 1860's. Bold print arrived with computers, and I do not think one excludes the other. I see no VALID problem with either :)

I have no problem with people concluding anything they like on the basis of a photo or anything else, for that matter. I will always advocate everybody's right to their opinion, though may have reservations about the safety of exercising that right in times of turmoil suck as a war. A board like this should be safe, for the time being! :)
__________________
  #444  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:01 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I have no problem with people concluding anything they like on the basis of a photo or anything else, for that matter. I will always advocate everybody's right to their opinion, though may have reservations about the safety of exercising that right in times of turmoil suck as a war. A board like this should be safe, for the time being! :)
This is so ridiculous. No one has said anything about people not being allowed to have their own opinion – HOWEVER (emphasising with caps, as you seem so fond of that ), when you put said opinion out on the internet, you must expect to be questioned about it – which is what happened here.

Blimey, Mary and Frederik "critics" (because let's face it, it's not as much critique as it is unwarranted hatred) are so quick to make mountains out of molehills.
__________________
"Blessed be god, the king, the queen and all our sweet children be in good health."
— Lady Margaret Beaufort, April 1497

  #445  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:14 AM
SElizabeth's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with this assessment. He's not the type of man who can be controlled and always does as the wife tells him. In terms of cheating, I wouldnt bet my life on it that he doesnt.

Sounds like millions of other relationships/marriages, doesnt it. I do think their marriage is good, but I dont buy the 'fairytale' image that they love to promote at all.
I think the only woman who has any influence on Fred is the Queen, she is one very strong woman and having to put up with Henri all these years, when they say *Love is Blind* I do think of her......lolololololo. I also don't buy that fairy tale marriage, that is only for the narrowed minded people that don't want to see reality and when you look at reality, then the bubble is bursting all over. People in general don't want to see that, my opinion! As for cheating, now how in the heck(nice word heh) does anyone expect someone to live with another person for decades and be faithful....not in today's world I don't see that happening. Yet I do believe that some royals do have a very good marriage so far: CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands, when these couples are together, I see sparks flying all over the place........their in love (now)(today), tomorrow is another story. Never hold your breath when it comes to life, just breath deeply and go with it.
__________________
  #446  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I'm for everyone's right to their opinion, and they have a right to it without having to justify themselves or offer grounds for their opinion.
It has been said repeatedly that you are entitled to an opinion, however this is a forum, the point of which is to discuss the various posts.
It's no different from real life.
If we sit face to face and you say something, am I not entitled to ask how you formed that opinion and what you base it on? - Otherwise it would be a mutual monoloque and pretty dull.

Having said that, I'll go to what you said above.

I'll now say: "I believe royal X is cruel towards animals. Because I've once seen royal X yank a leash with his dog.
That's my opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion, I don't have to justify it nor back it up and I will ignore your arguments. That's my right.
And it's unfair if you challenge my opinion".

You get my point?

Apart from that, Marta91charmed was not shouted down, he/she was not attacked. Some of us merely stated that there wasn't much in that story and suggested she had a look in the archive.

You are allowed to have an opinion, no one is arging against that. However, am I not allowed to disagree with you? Do I not have the right to say so?
Am I not entitled to ask you questions?
It seems to me, Red Tulip, that you are doing the exact same thing you are objecting against.
- It's perfectly okay to have a very negative opinion about someone's character, but to challenge that opinion is not okay.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #447  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 561
Seems to me like this crook is vying for the highest price or self-promotion.
__________________
  #448  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 AM
redtulip's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 284
Muhler, I will always welcome your opinions, whatever they may be. But you will already know that I never play your games, whatever they may be.

As for royals and affairs; anybody can do it, obviously, royals included.
__________________
  #449  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 1,383
Oh gosh it was not my intention to stir up anything just because I said that to me Fred cheated on Mary!
First: Thank you redtulip! :-) I'll try to explain even if I don't find it necessary! (My bad english is not an excuse though). I've always considered CAPITAL LETTER a mean to stress and not to shout! If someone read it differently I'm sorry! :-( I wrote that because i thought this forum was free! And for God's sake that my perception not a fact! Anyone who disagree or believe this marriage to be a "Eden" have my respect! I don't want to convince anybody! I'm baffled that I have to justify my point just because I don't see all good or as a fairytale! It's JUST my feeling... Might be completely wrong who knows! In my opinion Fred cheated on Mary several times because I simply think that! :-). I won't trust him. (Not just because of the video). My view. My feeling, My take. Yo all disagree? Fine! No problem! But I won't agree with you and say that for me that couple is perfect just because in doing so I'm not going to be attacked! Hope is clear! Let's move on :-)
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
  #450  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,131
Agree, let's move on.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #451  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Anyone who disagree or believe this marriage to be a "Eden" have my respect! I don't want to convince anybody! I'm baffled that I have to justify my point just because I don't see all good or as a fairytale! It's JUST my feeling... Might be completely wrong who knows! In my opinion Fred cheated on Mary several times because I simply think that! :-). I won't trust him. (Not just because of the video). My view. My feeling, My take. Yo all disagree? Fine! No problem! But I won't agree with you and say that for me that couple is perfect just because in doing so I'm not going to be attacked! Hope is clear! Let's move on :-)
Why do you think, that the posters who think he didn't cheat on her automatically think, that their marriage is eden/perfect? There is something in between...
No marriage, royal or "commoner" is perfect. I think most of us who have been married for a long time know that pretty well.
__________________
  #452  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 1,383
My point is that here someone can't disagree because other say that you have to justify your postion just because I think it differently! That's all
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
  #453  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
My point is that here someone can't disagree because other say that you have to justify your postion just because I think it differently! That's all
When posting your opinion on the internet surely you must expect that people might comment on it or question you about it. That doesn't mean we disrespect your opinion or that we'll force you to answer (but what is an opinion without justification, really) – that's just the way it is when you stress your opinion, whether online or in real life.
__________________
"Blessed be god, the king, the queen and all our sweet children be in good health."
— Lady Margaret Beaufort, April 1497

  #454  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 1,383
Fine. But iI dind't ask you or other to justify why they think Fred did not have affairs. It seems to me that here only positive remarks are tolerated . Otherwise everything is going to be analysed, criticized and questioned! And I don't struggle to desperately find a proof! It's my view from what I've seen basing on pics and videos and instict. Maybe it's silly but the world is not going to end! I repeat: move on
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
  #455  
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I think the only woman who has any influence on Fred is the Queen, she is one very strong woman and having to put up with Henri all these years, when they say *Love is Blind* I do think of her......lolololololo. I also don't buy that fairy tale marriage, that is only for the narrowed minded people that don't want to see reality and when you look at reality, then the bubble is bursting all over. People in general don't want to see that, my opinion! As for cheating, now how in the heck(nice word heh) does anyone expect someone to live with another person for decades and be faithful....not in today's world I don't see that happening. Yet I do believe that some royals do have a very good marriage so far: CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands, when these couples are together, I see sparks flying all over the place........their in love (now)(today), tomorrow is another story. Never hold your breath when it comes to life, just breath deeply and go with it.
There is no such thing as a fairy tale marriage except in fairy tales However, I'm not sure where you get the impression that the reality for these two is that the "bubble is bursting all over." If someone can't see sparks flying between these two then perhaps they are the narrow minded ones. I also quibble with your opinion that a couple can't live together for decades and remain faithful. Many can't, but many, in fact do.
__________________
  #456  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why do you think, that the posters who think he didn't cheat on her automatically think, that their marriage is eden/perfect? There is something in between...
No marriage, royal or "commoner" is perfect. I think most of us who have been married for a long time know that pretty well.
Very excellent point.

In no way do I think their marriage is a "Fairy tale", no marriage is. All marriages or relationships have their ups and downs.
Has their been cheating?, no one knows for sure, but based on that one video, I would say NO.
I see a couple who yes are in love and get along well. with 4 happy children. of course there are issues that come up, but i think they have dealt with them

I also dont see them "selling" the fairtale image, not more than others anyway. They gave us some pictures for their 10th wedding anniversary, a special occasion, its logical. Frederik and Mary are actually one of the more conservative couples in the royal world, compared to others, they are least liking to be holding hands or on each other.
__________________
  #457  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trekroner, Denmark
Posts: 547
these two looks so darn in love... just the way always look at each other..click you through the poland tour and the photos, kiss and interview :)
and what on earth started all this..an article from ekstrabladet about a club closed years ago..come on..lets please move on :)
__________________
  #458  
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 959
Considering that Danish magazine S&H has been seriously hurt by a tell-it-all-story and EB isn't too far away from S&H ethic-wise (I don't believe for a moment that this is a single case) I question the reason/motivation for EB to publish such a "thin" story (a man claims he could but won't shake the monarchy/politic landscape).
Besides being typical EB tactic (put something out but don't go into details and leave the rest to people's imagination) I wonder if this is meant as a threat in case EB should be taken under scrutiny as well or is it just "noise to show strength"?

Quote:
SElizabeth
I also don't buy that fairy tale marriage, that is only for the narrowed minded people that don't want to see reality and when you look at reality, then the bubble is bursting all over. People in general don't want to see that, my opinion! As for cheating, now how in the heck(nice word heh) does anyone expect someone to live with another person for decades and be faithful....not in today's world I don't see that happening. Yet I do believe that some royals do have a very good marriage so far: CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands, when these couples are together, I see sparks flying all over the place........their in love (now)(today), tomorrow is another story.
Well, I hope nobody will ever call you narrow-minded and unwanting to see reality because you believe the CC of Sweden, Spain and Netherlands have very good marriages (with sparks flying). I don't share your impressions but that's probably because I am living in a bubble.
__________________
  #459  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Considering that Danish magazine S&H has been seriously hurt by a tell-it-all-story and EB isn't too far away from S&H ethic-wise (I don't believe for a moment that this is a single case) I question the reason/motivation for EB to publish such a "thin" story (a man claims he could but won't shake the monarchy/politic landscape).
The reason? A 10th wedding anniversary of a popular crown prince couple.
I expected something like this, negative/sensational or something like that, from EB and/or S&H either just before, around or shortly after the anniversary.
__________________
  #460  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 959
But if I understood correctly this is not directed towards the CP couple alone.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
general news, general news of princess mary, prince frederik, princess mary


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - iceflower Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 68 Yesterday 07:33 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 390 08-30-2013 05:22 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 4: July - December 2009 dazzling Current Events Archive 401 12-15-2009 04:38 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009 Empress Current Events Archive 393 06-30-2009 02:29 PM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 368 02-26-2008 12:26 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]