General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 12: August 2013 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my magazine has a note on how frederik recently was seen together with christian out buying some take away food with them home to the family :)

I saw that too, Maggie. What's remarkable is that Frederik and Christian were seen buying the dinner in North Zealand, which fits well with the fact that the family moved to the Chancellery House last Thursday.

So, royals or not, take away food is a good and easy solution during a period of moving your home :D

And no, no pictures. Thankfully I would almost say. Nice the Crown Prince and son can pick up food downtown without photographers. Guess someone has tipped off the magazine.

Last edited:
I saw that too, Maggie. What's remarkable is that Frederik and Christian were seen buying the dinner in North Zealand, which fits well with the fact that the family moved to the Chancellery House last Thursday.

So, royals or not, take away food is a good and easy solution during a period of moving your home :D

And no, no pictures. Thankfully I would almost say. Nice the Crown Prince and son can pick up food downtown without photographers. Guess someone has tipped off the magazine.

'Thankfully no pictures' I will echo wholeheartedly! Of course everyone has a right to privacy, especially those whose lives are so fully documented for public consumption!:flowers:I wonder whether the openness shown by the Danish royals to the press helps in keeping family members' private lives out of the paparazzi camera lenses?:cool:

I see from the DRF calendar that Frederik and PH will be in Aarhus today Sunday.

As they are both going to attend a dinner tonight at 19.00 (which will probably last at least a couple of hours) my guess is that they will both spend the night at Marselisborg. Especially since Frederik will be competing in his boat in Aaarhus Bay until the 18th.
There is a smaller building at Marselisborg, where Frederik lived during his time at Aarhus University and it's almost certain he will stay there. Simpler than to open up the entire manor.
Now, I wonder if Mary and the children will join Frederik today or perhaps during the next couple of days?
If so I wonder if she'll do a little shopping in Aarhus? At this time of year she can easily blend in with the crowd and go unnoticed. And she could visit the Wedell family at Frijsenborg Manor north of Aarhus.

I see from the DRF calendar that Frederik and PH will be in Aarhus today Sunday.

As they are both going to attend a dinner tonight at 19.00 (which will probably last at least a couple of hours) my guess is that they will both spend the night at Marselisborg. Especially since Frederik will be competing in his boat in Aaarhus Bay until the 18th.
There is a smaller building at Marselisborg, where Frederik lived during his time at Aarhus University and it's almost certain he will stay there. Simpler than to open up the entire manor.
Now, I wonder if Mary and the children will join Frederik today or perhaps during the next couple of days?
If so I wonder if she'll do a little shopping in Aarhus? At this time of year she can easily blend in with the crowd and go unnoticed. And she could visit the Wedell family at Frijsenborg Manor north of Aarhus.

How nice.
I see he has an event on Tuesday the 17th at Oesterbro Stadium, Copenhagen. is that close by?
There is also on audience on Monday, does he usually attend with the queen or not at all of them?
Mary's calendar is free until the 19 so maybe she and the kids will be around in Aarhus:flowers:

:previous: Østerbro Stadium is in Copenhagen, relatively close to Amalienborg, so I reckon it wont be a long stay in Aarhus, which is in Jutland – at least not for Frederik :flowers:

:previous: Østerbro Stadium is in Copenhagen, relatively close to Amalienborg, so I reckon it wont be a long stay in Aarhus, which is in Jutland – at least not for Frederik :flowers:

thank you Archduchess Zelia,
slowly I am becoming familiar with Denmark :)

Last edited:
I actually feel for the friends of Mary and Fred...look at poor Birgitte Handwerk, I mean she looks fine as a mother going along to a teenybopper concert with her daughter...But imagine the angst (perhaps?) at getting such an invite from Mary "Bring Palma, Isabella would love that!" GULP! Brigitte: What do I wear? Look at my hair? One Direction, really? And then Mary turns up all made-up and groomed making Brigitte's 'nice' look totally dishevelled...

And as for that boy, just going of previous pictures I have seen before (years ago when they were much younger) I think that might be Milo Doky, son of Tanja Doky...maybe? Don't quote me on that...eeeek! He looks at bit like Tanja too...

ETA: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...JI/AAAAAAAAgPs/HpBoDKV96vM/s512/BB-825975.jpg

Photo of the Doky family taken about 3 years ago...Frida is the older sister and Milo is the youngest...you tell me whether that boy with Christian is Milo Doky or not? I think it is now that I have seen that old picture again...

Last edited:
:previous: I'm obviously missing something because Birgitte Handwerk looked okay to me. If it was a case of "keeping up with the royals" I don't think they would be friends.

MARG, maybe you did miss something because I did actually say BH looked fine or okay to me too. it was more a comment about accepting (as Mary's friend) that Mary will look and dress a certain way because of her resources and public role and always having to be at her best...Whereas Brigitte can be more relaxed, casual and informal in comparison but maybe she still does feel a bit of anxiousness or stress when accepting these invites because she knows it will be a public outing and a photo op that she will get caught up in, like it or not

Nice pics from Royalista: Kronprinsesse Mary med børnene til boyband-koncert | Royalista
Bella as usual looks like she's in the mood for party!

No mentioning of who the two other children were except that Christian and Bella were each allowed to bring a freind.
I think you are right, Annanotherthing, it looks like the Doky-boy.

The concert BTW was massacred by reviewers. But there were plenty of teen and tween girls going nuts about them. - Just like their mothers and grandmothers did... Nothing changes. :p
And we are very familiar with One Direction here in the Muhler home!
Back in my time the girls went to Take That or whatever concerts, while we guys enjoyed Sabrina (you know Boys, Boys, Boys) and sometimes we turned on the sound...

Last edited:
I actually feel for the friends of Mary and Fred...look at poor Birgitte Handwerk, I mean she looks fine as a mother going along to a teenybopper concert with her daughter...But imagine the angst (perhaps?) at getting such an invite from Mary "Bring Palma, Isabella would love that!" GULP! Brigitte: What do I wear? Look at my hair? One Direction, really? And then Mary turns up all made-up and groomed making Brigitte's 'nice' look totally dishevelled...

And as for that boy, just going of previous pictures I have seen before (years ago when they were much younger) I think that might be Milo Doky, son of Tanja Doky...maybe? Don't quote me on that...eeeek! He looks at bit like Tanja too...

ETA: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...JI/AAAAAAAAgPs/HpBoDKV96vM/s512/BB-825975.jpg

Photo of the Doky family taken about 3 years ago...Frida is the older sister and Milo is the youngest...you tell me whether that boy with Christian is Milo Doky or not? I think it is now that I have seen that old picture again...

I think that you're right - it's Milo :)

And in this gallery --> http://royalista.com/da/13984/kronprinsesse-mary-med-bornene-til-boyband-koncert/ --> we can see Frida behind Mary and Birgitte ;) And you can see that she is waiting for someone - maybe for Tanja :)

Last edited:
Having watched the match between the Netherlands and Australia, I couldn't help wondering whether M&F watched it too? - It is after all a lot more fun to watch a match where you are somehow personally attached.

Christian, who is or at least has played soccer, is probably clued to the screen these days and M&F who are pretty into sports, well, I think they watched this match as well, at least as much at they were allowed to by twins having to be fed and put to bed and read to.

Congrats by the way to both teams for an entertaining match. And for Australia: It's absolutely no shame to lose 3-2 against a team like the Dutch. :)

Nice pics from Royalista: Kronprinsesse Mary med børnene til boyband-koncert | Royalista
Bella as usual looks like she's in the mood for party.

nice to see mary out with her friends and all their kids..a real mothers/kids day..isabella looks like she has enjoyed the concert..she was flying on their way home:D

my mom and two younger sisters were there too...they didnt saw mary and the kids though...but my sisters looked just like isabella when they came home after the concert:D

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #25, 2014.
Written by Karina Didriksen.

Mary, Isabella and Christian with their two friends and accompanying mother, were among 45.000 who went to see the concert with One Direction.
The friends were indeed Milo Doky and also Birgitte Handwerk with her Palma.
Shortly before the concert started at 20.00 the car with Mary and company arrived and before going in Christian was asked whether he was a fan of One Direction: "A little, but mostly one of them".

Two hours later at 22.10 they returened with a very delighted Bella holding Mary's hand. Bella said enthusiastic about the concert: "It was good"!
A slightly shy older brother agreed with her: "Yes".

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler :flowers:

I can tell Christian's blue thermal jacket is from the Danish children brand Norlie, which F&M have dressed their children in since birth.

Daily Mail
Princess Mary takes One Direction fans Prince Christian and Princess Isabella to concert | Mail Online

Last weekend, the annual 24 hours mountain bike race, Nordic24, found place in North Zealand.
I was wondering whether Frederik was a part of the race this year since nothing was officially announced as it has been the last years. But Frederik did participated! To his great pleasure without the press found him.

Frederik participated in contrast to the past years in all the race's 24 hours. His six-man team called Citius, Altius, Fortius (for those who don't know it, it's the Olympic slogan and means faster, higher, stronger) participated in the veteran class.

The press discovered nothing and I quote from the site: "(...) and both he (Frederik) and we are so far spared from the tabloids this year."

If I know Frederik pretty well I know he's been overly enthusiastic about that. So could he be just one of the others, as he is so fond of.

Two pictures from the Nordic24's homepage:
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...6402_266752390178851_337765458342264820_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...110_266752393512184_1488840437147609809_n.jpg

More at the race's page:
Nordic24.dk | Nyheder

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - that's what I call dedication. Day and night, but it looks like the weather was good. How long are the nights in Denmark right now?

Wow - that's what I call dedication. Day and night, but it looks like the weather was good. How long are the nights in Denmark right now?

Some 4½ hours.

Nice find, Roskilde. Guess he had a good chuckle while riding, because he had fooled the press - and because no one gave him away, because a lot of people must have noticed him.

:previous:

Pretty cool, huh?

Especially considering the fact that Frederik in the evening the same day have official events with Mary.

The Reumert-show will be sent directly in television, so it will be interesting to see how Frederik looks like there. Whether he at all is able to walk? :p

respect! frederik must have an incredible physical condition..do you think er will get photos? his ironman was huge!!!

i can not help but notice the IKEA bag on his shoulder:D

I found this poll from Australia about the must trustworthy persons: Sorry Clive Palmer but Aussies don't trust you | Northern Star

And Mary's comes in at number six, which I find remakable, considering she hasn't been to Australia lately. Also, it's an impressive company she has joined!

If Frederik will be running around for the next five hours or so, I guess we can expect a steady stream of pictures and perhaps Mary and the kids will be around as well?

You may continuously follow Frederik and his time here: http://kmdironman703aarhus.com/
I know the area they are going to run, cycle and swim very well, it's going to a pretty hard run at times through Marselisborg forest. There will be a couple of times when he will want to untie his legs and throw them over the fence to Marselisborg Manor.

The weather is perfect, not too warm but sunny and a refreshingly cooling wind.

The route where he will be swimming will take him along the stretch of beach where Sculpture by the Sea exepitions take place, but I doub't he'll enjoy the scenery much...

Last edited:
:previous:

And here is the first picture of Frederik during the triathlon - the running part is the last part, so Frederik will soon has completed - or maybe he has already completed.

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/459/7/7459680-kronprins-frederik-triathlon.jpg

Here a clip: People are cheering: "Frederik, Frederik, Frederik..."
Actionprinsen om søndagens triathlon: Jeg vil gerne under fem timer - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Frederik has reached the finish line after 5:02 hours :)

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/459/7/7459881-kronprins-frederik.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...265.1073741830.251098614943805&type=1&theater

A nice gallery from Berlingske with 14 pictures of Frederik in action:

Se billederne: Kronprins Frederik i mål efter dagens triathlon | www.b.dk

Isn't it Peter Heering together with Frederik in the first picture? :)

One more article with picture
http://www.b.dk/nationalt/kronprinsen-jeg-er-ikke-i-saa-god-form-som-sidst

Will be interesting to see Frederik to tonight's Reumert show which starts in 30 minutes. Maybe he limping a bit :p

One more gallery from dr.dk
BILLEDSERIE En svømmende, cyklende og løbende prins | Nyheder | DR

Article from BB
Video: Kronprins Frederik gennemførte triathlon | Billed Bladet

And here a video from BB with journalist Marianne Singer having some Words from a happy, but tired Frederik:
frede triath - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Frederik has completed and he said to BT afterwards: "Yes, I'm pleased. It was bit slower but I'm not as fit nor have trained as much as last year.
It was a big experience and a great pleasure for me to run here today. And it was a really nice run. And it's really nice to get suce a big backing.

You can after all complete as you see fit. If you want to nail it to the floor, you do that. That's up to yu, but no matter what all who have completed has achieved/won something. Well done all of you".

Kronprinsen til BT: Jeg er ikke i så god form som sidst - Royale | www.bt.dk

ADDED: I had a look at the results, apparantly Frederik is not listed, not even using an alias: http://live.ultimate.dk/desktop/front/index.php?eventid=2204&ignoreuseragent=true

Last edited:
You wont find him, Muhler, because you have the wrong triathlon...;)
It was the Deloitte Oresund Triathlon he was in.

:ermm: No wonder I couldn't find him...
Ain't my fault, I blame to government... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom