General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be CP Frederik behind CPss Mary, or am I imagining things here? :D

it is some lovely and very down to earth photos of mary bicycling with the children. you can also see isabella inside the magazine :)

i am pretty sure it is not frederik behind mary, i guess it was a mom-children trip :)

It's not Frederik.

- Not unless he has started to wear glasses, has become twenty years younger and begun to grow darkblonde hair. :p

The article is very specific, it was Mary who was out with the children.
It would be odd if the photographer didn't take a pic of Frederik if he was around. It would be equally odd if Frederik wasn't mentioned if he indeed had been present.

We have over the years seen many delightful pictures of M&F and indeed J&M, going for a stroll around Amalienborg and Fredensborg.
The way it works, as I understand it, is that a photographer hang around for a few hours at Amalienborg if the weather is good. (Must be boring work).
M&F are probably not much different from other active families with small children in DK; they go for a walk/ride before or after lunch on Sundays and after a while the photographers know their habits.
In a case like this the photographer may not get to Mary and the children when they go out but they are bound to return at some point, probably within an hour or so and the photographer just has to wait. Also, they are likely to return along the waterfront because that's a safe route without cars for small children on bikes. (Resident Copenhageners: am I right?)
Okay, there they come. The photographer steps out in the open, say hello and probably ask politely if he can have a couple of shots.
Judging from the pics of a relaxed Mary with one arm hanging down, the only one who was cycling at any speed was Bella. After a few shots the photographer says thanks and Mary and the kids are left alone and everybody is happy.

I mean, we shouldn't worry about photographers racing after Mary and the children on bicycles snapping away. PET would simply order them to get lost.

We occasionally see pics of the DRF in public places, where they are not aware of the photographer and that I think can sometimes be debatable.

ADDED: The square building in the background of the scan Roskilde kindly posted must be Skuespilhuset (theatre), which means Mary & Co. must just have passed Copenhagen Admiral Hotel on the way back to Amaliehaven (small) park and Amalienborg. - Google maps is a cool thing, eh?

Last edited:
It's not Frederik.

- Not unless he has started to wear glasses, has become twenty years younger and begun to grow darkblonde hair. :p
I stille see him that way :wub: :ROFLMAO::whistling:

Also, they are likely to return along the waterfront because that's a safe route without cars for small children on bikes. (Resident Copenhageners: am I right?)
You are indeed right :flowers: Many copenhageners stroll on that quay BTW :flowers:

Last edited:

Me too. The photos are very nice, thank you for posting Roskilde. To me they looked like any other family. Does anyone have any photos of Isabella cycling? I couldn't see her in these ones. :)

How adorable they all are - the twins are almost too big for the little "cabin". Are Bella and Vincent wearing the same kind of jacket? Or perhaps the jackets are just looking very much alike.

Bella's facial expression in that picture is priceless! :D Something like... Come on dear photographer, you delaying my mom and siblings and they are slow enough already.. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, there they come. The photographer steps out in the open, say hello and probably ask politely if he can have a couple of shots.
Judging from the pics of a relaxed Mary with one arm hanging down, the only one who was cycling at any speed was Bella. After a few shots the photographer says thanks and Mary and the kids are left alone and everybody is happy.

Yes, and IMO Mary seems to handle these situations very well (better than, for example, Frederik who faster becomes irritated) She seems to understands their game. If I remember correctly, I mean that Mary once pointed out in an interview that paparazzis can be really frustrating, but that it often pays to quickly stop up, give them a smile and so move on. IIRC she said something like.. you know, it only takes you a few seconds and then they will most probably leave you alone.

Last edited:
It's not Frederik.

The article is very specific, it was Mary who was out with the children.
It would be odd if the photographer didn't take a pic of Frederik if he was around. It would be equally odd if Frederik wasn't mentioned if he indeed had been present.

We have over the years seen many delightful pictures of M&F and indeed J&M, going for a stroll around Amalienborg and Fredensborg.
The way it works, as I understand it, is that a photographer hang around for a few hours at Amalienborg if the weather is good. (Must be boring work).
M&F are probably not much different from other active families with small children in DK; they go for a walk/ride before or after lunch on Sundays and after a while the photographers know their habits.
In a case like this the photographer may not get to Mary and the children when they go out but they are bound to return at some point, probably within an hour or so and the photographer just has to wait. Also, they are likely to return along the waterfront because that's a safe route without cars for small children on bikes. (Resident Copenhageners: am I right?)

I mean, we shouldn't worry about photographers racing after Mary and the children on bicycles snapping away. PET would simply order them to get lost.

We occasionally see pics of the DRF in public places, where they are not aware of the photographer and that I think can sometimes be debatable.

ADDED: The square building in the background of the scan Roskilde kindly posted must be Skuespilhuset (theatre), which means Mary & Co. must just have passed Copenhagen Admiral Hotel on the way back to Amaliehaven (small) park and Amalienborg. - Google maps is a cool thing, eh?

Definitely cool, but judging by the coats on the crown princess and her children, Copenhagen is probably more cold than cool!
Thank you for posting these pictures and translations. As spring slowly winds its way into summer plans, I am wondering whether the children are spoken to in English by the Crown Princess' parents and in French by the children's grandfather. I would think that the various cousins in the extended Danish/Greek/French family meet somewhat frequently so that French and English must play a prominent role in family communication. It would seem that the Crown Princely children must of necessity be multilingual so that I also wonder whether French is a common language to learn in Danish schools:flowers:

I think it's interesting the children are wearing helmets, but not CP Mary. She should be wearing one as well!

Bella's facial expression in that picture is priceless! :D Something like... Come on dear photographer, you delaying my mom and siblings and they are slow enough already.. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, and IMO Mary seems to handle these situations very well (better than, for example, Frederik who faster becomes irritated) She seems to understands their game. If I remember correctly, I mean that Mary once pointed out in an interview that paparazzis can be really frustrating, but that it often pays to quickly stop up, give them a smile and so move on. IIRC she said something like.. you know, it only takes you a few seconds and then they will most probably leave you alone.

Sounds like a great attitude to have. I think it's very smart of Mary to think and act this way. I am sure it pays off.

I think it's interesting the children are wearing helmets, but not CP Mary. She should be wearing one as well!

I dare to say that it's how it works by the largest part of Danish parents. I totally agree that it is a good example that the parents also using helmets, but in Denmark it is almost classical to see that the children are always using helmets, but that the parents bicycles without. To be frankly, it's the same at my house :mellow:

But at least the Crown Prince couple always use helmets to their children unlike others in the Danish royal family! :whistling: The adults have a choice, but children must always wear helmets IMO.

I dare to say that it's how it works by the largest part of Danish parents. I totally agree that it is a good example that the parents also using helmets, but in Denmark it is almost classical to see that the children are always using helmets, but that the parents bicycles without. To be frankly, it's the same at my house :mellow:

But at least the Crown Prince couple always use helmets to their children unlike others in the Danish royal family! :whistling: The adults have a choice, but children must always wear helmets IMO.

I agree, I think its because the parent generation grew up riding a bike without a helmet. I am Mary's age and I've never worn a helmet in my life and I never considered starting to wear one. Same with my friends & family. When you grow up with something it seems natural but my or Mary's generation probably consider this one health & safety (the term 'h&S' wasnt even known when we grew up) commitment too many. Back then it was about getting on with things, use common sense and not worry too much about what could happen. Life is not without risk, with or without helmet. Adults can decide for themselves whether to take them or not.

I´m fairly the same age as CPss Mary and I wear helmet, when I´m bikeriding.
But it´s becuase of my nephew, who looked at me from head to toe and asked: "Auntie, don´t you love me? I love you and I would you to be there when I grow up."
After that I started wearing helmet and a danish designed helmet that you can customise: YAKKAY

Last edited:
I agree, I think its because the parent generation grew up riding a bike without a helmet. I am Mary's age and I've never worn a helmet in my life and I never considered starting to wear one. Same with my friends & family. When you grow up with something it seems natural but my or Mary's generation probably consider this one health & safety (the term 'h&S' wasnt even known when we grew up) commitment too many. Back then it was about getting on with things, use common sense and not worry too much about what could happen. Life is not without risk, with or without helmet. Adults can decide for themselves whether to take them or not.
Adults can decide but I know 2 adult bike riders who would be dead now without helmets.
I grew up not wearing seat belts, helmets for skiing or bike riding. That has nothing to to with what I do now. People also smoked in cars and airplanes when I grew up.
I find it shocking that Mary and Fred do not wear helmets while bike riding. I am sure she wears one when horse back riding.

They are certainly lucky that they can do normal things like bicycle around Copenhagen with only a few minutes of press intrusion.

Adults can decide but I know 2 adult bike riders who would be dead now without helmets.
I grew up not wearing seat belts, helmets for skiing or bike riding. That has nothing to to with what I do now. People also smoked in cars and airplanes when I grew up.
I find it shocking that Mary and Fred do not wear helmets while bike riding. I am sure she wears one when horse back riding.

Still, it's the individuals freedom. Wearing seatbelts or smoking etc is now regulated by law. If I have to wear a helmet because of law when riding a bike, I'll do it. There is a difference between riding a bike when going on a bike tour or the condition of the street where people are riding (bumpy, heavy traffic etc) whrere a helmet becomes a necessity and people would naturally wear a helmet - or the odd ride out, where you consider yourself safe and don't mind the risk (obviously in Mary's case).

If H&S continues to go on like in the last decade or so, I am pretty sure even pedestrians will have to wear helmets in future decades when being out and about on the street (I am not being cynical). If electric cars will be all over the streets - they are extremely quiet - we will know lots of pedestrians who would be dead if they had not worn a helmet.

Back to Mary, horseriding is one of the things where helmets come naturally, riders have already worn helmets 50 years ago.

There is a difference between riding a bike when going on a bike tour or the condition of the street where people are riding (bumpy, heavy traffic etc) whrere a helmet becomes a necessity and people would naturally wear a helmet - or the odd ride out, where you consider yourself safe and don't mind the risk

Yes, there are photos of Frederik out biking with a friend a few weeks ago, wearing a helmet and the speed was obviously very much faster than this little outing Mary and the kids were on.

One should also consider that Nihola bikes are more stabile than normal two-wheeled bikes. I agree that it's pretty common for adults not to wear helmets when riding bikes here, I haven't worn one myself since I was a little kid.

This along with Victoria & Daniel's is such a lovely wedding waltz. It's one of
my favorite moments for their wedding. I wish we could see the wedding waltz
from other royal couples.

Last edited by a moderator:
a friend of mine almost ran into mary today :) she was on her bike and cycled among all other copenhageners. maybe on her way to pick up vincent&josephine from nursery? :) i really really like our down to earth crown prince couple. you can at any time run into them on the street like was it you or me, or any other dane :)

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the picture. Is it me or does the white fluffy thing look like a dog in the basket of Mary's bike? Maybe a new dog.

Thank you for sharing the picture. Is it me or does the white fluffy thing look like a dog in the basket of Mary's bike? Maybe a new dog.

I thought it was dog as well.

a friend of mine almost ran into mary today :) she was on her bike and cycled among all other copenhageners. maybe on her way to pick up vincent&josephine from nursery? :) i really really like our down to earth crown prince couple. you can at any time run into them on the street like was it you or me, or any other dane :)

how cool is this:flowers:
great for the cp couple to be able to go about

and about the white fuffy thing, it looks the same blanket that is behind the twins on their last bicycle ride
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/400770_482330448505391_386760800_n.jpg

It's really nice to see Mary out and about like this! She surely seems to love her Nihola-bike. And with Mary being one of Denmark's absolute most well-known/photographed/exposed woman I am pleased that she still can go undisturbed and act just like 'normal people' in the streets. It's just nice!

I think polyesco has right about the white fuffy thing - I'm pretty sure it is Vincent and Josephine's blanket :flowers:

Last edited:
Its a blanket , if it was a puppy it soooooo would be squashed there is only enough room for the twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom