General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't go to the Municipal "borgerservice".

The Royal Family carries diplomatic passports and these are issued solely by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I'm still suspicious about your friend's lack of confidentiality. Even if the royal family is "public domain" so to speak, I would expect it of a ministerial civil servant to practice the utmost discretion. Passports are, after all, a personal matter, not to mention the whereabouts of individials.

I can here tonight read on my Facebook wall that a friend of mine was visited by Mary, Josephine and Vincent at her office today. Little Vincent and Josephine should have renewed their passports :flowers:
Very disturbing if this is true. Hopefully someone will forward her/his facebook page to her boss.

Very disturbing if this is true. Hopefully someone will forward her/his facebook page to her boss.

Why? I don't think there's anything particularly intrusive about noting that members of the royal family paid a visit to a government office and someone being excited to see them.

Why? I don't think there's anything particularly intrusive about noting that members of the royal family paid a visit to a government office and someone being excited to see them.

As a government employee, I would be fired for breaching someone's privacy if I posted/talked something like that anywhere. I believe that is what may have been meant.

As a government employee, I would be fired for breaching someone's privacy if I posted/talked something like that anywhere. I believe that is what may have been meant.

I understand that when it comes to sharing confidential information, but as far as I know, it's not considered confidential that someone came into a passport office. Sharing information from the application would be totally different.

I understand that when it comes to sharing confidential information, but as far as I know, it's not considered confidential that someone came into a passport office. Sharing information from the application would be totally different.

If someone standing in the line up had shared the information its not a privacy breach. Being the employee who was communication with or a co-worker observing the communication with that person and sharing it is a privacy breach. I personally have signed a confidentially agreement as do the majority of government workers.

If someone standing in the line up had shared the information its not a privacy breach. Being the employee who was communication with or a co-worker observing the communication with that person and sharing it is a privacy breach. I personally have signed a confidentially agreement as do the majority of government workers.

But if the meeting took place in full public view - we don't know that it did and we don't know that it didn't - wouldn't a goverment employee be able to acknowledge they saw someone famous. I'm sure the cannot share any personal info, which I suspect is what you agreed to when you signed the confidentiality statement. But if someone is in public, that isn't confidential.

Apparently a new film about the crown prince, which covers the years from the early 90s to early 00s, will be filmed.

Director Christian Tafdrup, who is currently working to finalize the script, told Politiken that the film will focus on the key events and key people in the crown prince's life.
"It is well known that he would be king, and that the population initially did not consider him as particularly suitable for it. So of course the film is about a successor to assume its task. But it is also a universal story about a young man who becomes an adult. For me it about a young man in their 20s who are struggling with it, often struggling with in his 20s: his identity and recognition from family and the outside world, says Christian Tafdrup to Politiken."

Kronprins Frederiks unge år bliver til film | Kultur | DR

interesting

another article
b.dk

Another article about the film from bt.dk (it gives some examples of Danish actors who could be able to play Frederik, Mary, Margrethe and Henrik)
Ny film på vej: Hvem skal spille Kronprins Frederik? - Royale | www.bt.dk

The new Billed Bladet tells us that Frederik and Mary last Thursday walked from Amalienborg Palace to a private reception in central Copenhagen.

Here is a sweet picture of Frederik and Mary, arm in arm, as they leave the reception and stroll home to Amalienborg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429743_458903990848037_1653167052_n.jpg

ADDED:
By looking at their clothes, it seems like this picture was taken the same day they were seen walking by in front of TV2's camera, doesn't it? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Billed Bladet tells us that Frederik and Mary last Thursday walked from Amalienborg Palace to a private reception in central Copenhagen.

Here is a sweet picture of Frederik and Mary, arm in arm, as they leave the reception and stroll home to Amalienborg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429743_458903990848037_1653167052_n.jpg

ADDED:
By looking at their clothes, it seems like this picture was taken the same day they were seen walking by in front of TV2's camera, doesn't it? ;)

Good catch. It does look like its the same day as the video. Its nice to see the cp couple in Denmark walk about without much fuzz. Like any couple.
Mary seems to be wearing a short skirt and freezing her knees. Frederik looks good

by the photo it looks really cold their in denmark!!!! wow i will be in a week their, i guess i will have to take a lot of warm clothes!!!!! Mary looks cute, short skirt but she has stocking and warmlong socks underneath the boots!!! really cold!!!!

Posts on the new movie on Crown Prince Frederik has been moved to the
Film on Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik
Thread

In 'Billedbladet' this week can we read that there are two new TV-programs about Mary and Frederik on their way :flowers:

The Danish journalist Mark Stockholm (who also was with Mary and Frederik in Chile) tells: I follow Frederik and Mary over a longer period and will make two new TV-programs about how they work. He tells it's still to early to tell about when the programs will be shown or what what they will be called.

The journalist Mark Stockholm
http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/F2C77...62e0481daf27f6ae3111f181_Mark_1595_dether.jpg

Last edited:
In 'Billedbladet' this week can we read that there are two new TV-programs about Mary and Frederik on their way :flowers:

The Danish journalist Mark Stockholm (who also was with Mary and Frederik in Chile) tells: I follow Frederik and Mary over a longer period and will make two new TV-programs about how they work. He tells it's still to early to tell about when the programs will be shown or what what they will be called.

The journalist Mark Stockholm
http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/F2C77...62e0481daf27f6ae3111f181_Mark_1595_dether.jpg

interesting. thank you. :flowers:
so he followed them not just in Chile?

interesting. thank you. :flowers:
so he followed them not just in Chile?

No not just in Chile, but over a longer period :) After Mark Stockholm had returned home to Denmark after Chile he visited a daily news program called 'Aftenshowet' to tells about the trip. Here he tells that we will hear more about the trip later this year, so I guess he will follow M+F in about a year.

ADDED:

Here are the seven minute long clip from 'Aftenshowet where Mark Stockholm tells about the trip and where two clips from a new interview with M+F is also shown:
Aftenshowet - de seneste udsendelser - dr.dk/DR1/Aftenshowet

I will try to give a summary:

- Mark Stockholm tells that M+F is a generation younger than The Regent couple and it can be seen by that M+F are far more relaxed/informal on trips than when the Regent Couple. As an example he mentions that the Chilean Foreign Minister hugs Frederik during the visit. Then a clip from a longer interview with M+F is shown and Frederik says he doesn't just hugs people the first time he sees them, but he finds the Chilean people very warm and cordial and thought it was fine with some hugs during the visit. Mary smiles and says, 'and it was them who hugged you first and then you can't help but just wanna hugging them back' ;)

- Mark Stockholm says Frederik told it often was a bit annoyed that they didn't have longer time to talk to all the inspiring people they meet on such a trip because their program is so tight.

- The other journalist ask how M+F behaves when the cameras are turned off and Mark Stockholm tells that they behave like everyone else. As an example he mentions that Frederik and Mary immediately took off their fine clothes and jumped in shorts during a break in the program when they visited the Atacama desert.

:previous:thank you Roskilde:flowers:

It will be interesting to see. Even though i don't understand danish, thank you for the summary.

It's nice to see that M&F go with the flow and if the Chilean people hug, they hug back ;)

Mary's real friends

Today the tabloid BT features four pages on the real friends of CP Mary.
Most of them go back to the years before the engagement, when Mary Donaldson was unfamiliar with life in high places and had no other to rely on to begin with than CP Frederik. She was introduced to his friends and eventually made her pick of women she could trust among Frederik's 'royal WAGs' and old school mates.
Her most trusted friends are Caroline Heering, a former LiW, countess Helle Reedtz-Thott, Malou Skeel and Birgitte Handwerk. Other close friends are actress Ellen Hillingsø, a childhood friend of Frederik and Julie Mølsgaard, an old friend from his school days. Other names are mentioned and most of them come from wealthy families or the nobility, and it is spelled out that discretion is the key factor in making friends with CP Mary (and Frederik).
Those belonging to the bigger 'tier' of friends allegedly 'compete' to be included in the inner, intimate group of friends, i.e. those who spend their holidays with the royals.
The article also mentions that you can fall from grace; a woman was excluded because she was involved in a cocain-case. Also, Mary's former close friendship with Caroline Fleming, an aristocrat and ex wife of English billionaire Rory Fleming appears to have cooled somewhat after Mrs. Fleming's whirlwind romance/pregnancy/breakup with a young football player.
Anyway, maybe there aren't really any news in this article, at least not for several TRF-posters?? This is just the way these friendships operate, and when reading about them, I'm rather grateful that I don't qualify! It can never be an equal friendship, you're only included as long as you play according to the 'rules' set by the royals.

viv

Is Tanja Doky mentioned?

The part about 'competing' regarding holidays makes sense...Which kind of tells me that friends like Peter Varnoe will never fall from grace so long as the family favours holidays in Verbier for Mary's birthday...And friends like Malou Skeel (I think) take care of their Skagen summer holidays because they own a holiday house there...So the moral of the story is: if you have something the royals want, you will be a valued friend...

Sounds exhausting to be a friend to them though, the worse type of social climbing..competiteness, bitchiness, conspicuous consumption, keeping up with the Johannes'...PHEW!!!

So the moral of the story is: if you have something the royals want, you will be a valued friend...
So: no genuine, close, warm friendships for Mary and Frederik then....?
Just keeping contact with all these people for years and years, so that they can possibly use a cabin for one week a year in Verbier etc....;)

BTW, Didn't Peter Warnoe sell his cabin years ago? BB has mentioned that F&M rent a cabin while vacationing in Verbier.

Perhaps articles like this should be taken with a pinch of salt...?

Last edited:
Is Tanja Doky mentioned?

Yes she is, Tanja Doky is now the private secretary - or PA? - of CP Mary!
As for Malou Skeel: She's and her husband count among the genuine friends, I was never in doubt about it!

Perhaps articles like this should be taken with a pinch of salt...?

IMO many articles about royalty should be taken with a pinch of salt;)! Occasionally the media are writing about things like royal friendships because it sells! This time BT made a four page spread - and I don't think that the date - April 1st !- had anything to do with it. Especially the newspapers need a few eye catching headlines to attract readers to the Easter editions!

Such articles are never 'the whole truth and nothing but'! However I never the less found this quite interesting, because whenever I see reports of parties & gettogethers involving Frederik and Mary, with -say some 40 - 60 friends invited or more, I wonder what the 'dynamics' within/between these tiers of friends are like!

As far as the media reports are to be believed, we can see that some of these people are closer to the CPly couple than others. No surprise there. Some are invited more frequently than others. No surprise. Also some are able of providing yachts and chalets and other luxury cons, but they're not always figuring on the guest list. Surprised? Well yes I am, to a certain extend. Then again that's probably how some of these friendships work; a barter agreement so to speak: You put yout yacht/chalet/holiday house/aircraft or wahtever at the disposal of royalty and you get the occasional invitation in return!
Also don't forget that the Danish RF is not particularly rich! I doubt that they can maintain a certain level of luxury without the services of their wealthy friends!

viv

Last edited:
The part about 'competing' regarding holidays makes sense...Which kind of tells me that friends like Peter Varnoe will never fall from grace so long as the family favours holidays in Verbier for Mary's birthday...And friends like Malou Skeel (I think) take care of their Skagen summer holidays because they own a holiday house there...So the moral of the story is: if you have something the royals want, you will be a valued friend...

That's a fairly harsh judgement - especially considering that most of Mary and Frederik's Danish friends are old school friends and military friends of Frederik. Isn't it natural for friends to spend their vacations together? It is definitely not abnormal to me.

IMO many articles about royalty should be taken with a pinch of salt;)!

Also some are able of providing yachts and chalets and other luxury cons, but they're not always figuring on the guest list.
That's what I always try to do....;) But I have seen, that many of these stories about F&M, the distortions, half truths and allegations seem to get a life on their own...Like this providing yacts: IIRC, they spent part of one holiday on a yacht several years ago in connection with a sailing competition. Most holidays they seem to spend in Denmark and Chateux de Caïx.

And staying with the Buchwalds (I think it was) in one small room at their holiday home in Skagen sounds very "normal" to me....

That's what I always try to do....;) But I have seen, that many of these stories about F&M, the distortions, half truths and allegations seem to get a life on their own...Like this providing yacts: IIRC, they spent part of one holiday on a yacht several years ago in connection with a sailing competition. Most holidays they seem to spend in Denmark and Chateux de Caïx.

Some of these 'services' may be more obvious than others, and I doubt that we get the entire picture! That's just the way things operate in royal circles, and the Danish RF is hardly alone in this!
The Danish tabloids are often criticizing especially Frederik and Mary regarding sponsorships (Fred's sailing boat), sponsored cars and various ' holiday favours' from friends and acquaintances, whatever the reality!
I for one am not really worried about this, but maybe I should be?? At the end of the day much of the criticism is rooted in envy on behalf of the average Dane affected by the recession or accusations of greed! Whatever the amount they get from the civil list, I doubt that it's sufficient to cover their expenses beyond the daily expenses, staff, maintenance of residences, representation etc.

Letting your holiday cabin, whether it be in Skagen og Verbier to the CPly couple should never be an issue, IMO. And should some of the more distant friends do so because of the reflected glory and the prospect of an occasional invitation to a party or celebration, that's OK with me too. It's their decision to offer their services - and it's up to the royals to accept it!

viv

Last edited:
The Danish tabloids are often criticizing especially Frederik and Mary regarding sponsorships (Fred's sailing boat), sponsored cars and various ' holiday favours' from friends and acquaintances, whatever the reality!
viv
Especially Frederik and Mary? Have they actually ever critized anyone but them? ;)
They can't still be on about the boat, can they? He hasn't entered a Farr40 competition for years...
"Whatever the reality" Yes, that's exactly what I mean....And some people seem to take for granted that everything is true.

Last edited:
Especially Frederik and Mary? Have they actually ever critized anyone but them? ;)
It happens that HM and the prince Consort get the odd snide remark, there are also rich people among their friends & acquaintances...

They can't still be on about the boat, can they? He hasn't entered a Farr40 competition for years....
There are other boats.. CP Frederik has apparently switched to the Dragon class and races White Lady, which used to be sailed by his father. He took part in the Nordic championships i Båstad last August, so he's not completely off sailing, though time spent seems to have been reduced after the arrival of the twins.

There are other boats.. CP Frederik has apparently switched to the Dragon class and races White Lady, which used to be sailed by his father. He took part in the Nordic championships i Båstad last August, so he's not completely off sailing, though time spent seems to have been reduced after the arrival of the twins.
I know about the dragon, but considering he has spent about 2-3 weeks sailing in the dragon class during the past 3 years, I figured that couldn't be it....

Today the tabloid BT features four pages on the real friends of CP Mary.
Most of them go back to the years before the engagement, when Mary Donaldson was unfamiliar with life in high places and had no other to rely on to begin with than CP Frederik. She was introduced to his friends and eventually made her pick of women she could trust among Frederik's 'royal WAGs' and old school mates.
Her most trusted friends are Caroline Heering, a former LiW, countess Helle Reedtz-Thott, Malou Skeel and Birgitte Handwerk. Other close friends are actress Ellen Hillingsø, a childhood friend of Frederik and Julie Mølsgaard, an old friend from his school days. Other names are mentioned and most of them come from wealthy families or the nobility, and it is spelled out that discretion is the key factor in making friends with CP Mary (and Frederik).
Those belonging to the bigger 'tier' of friends allegedly 'compete' to be included in the inner, intimate group of friends, i.e. those who spend their holidays with the royals.
The article also mentions that you can fall from grace; a woman was excluded because she was involved in a cocain-case. Also, Mary's former close friendship with Caroline Fleming, an aristocrat and ex wife of English billionaire Rory Fleming appears to have cooled somewhat after Mrs. Fleming's whirlwind romance/pregnancy/breakup with a young football player.
Anyway, maybe there aren't really any news in this article, at least not for several TRF-posters?? This is just the way these friendships operate, and when reading about them, I'm rather grateful that I don't qualify! It can never be an equal friendship, you're only included as long as you play according to the 'rules' set by the royals.

viv

The only "rules" I see mentioned from the article are "discretion and trust." Doesn't seem unreasonable to me:flowers:. The friend that fell from grace did so after her involvement in a cocaine ring and the other due to an affair with a young athlete. I can just hear the uproar if those had continued!

I can just hear the uproar if those had continued!

Mary was seen out at a party with Rigmor Zobel, the cocaine involved lady, after the whole drug scandal had rolled, and boy what a fuss. Every tabloid in Denmark wrote about it for weeks, and even Margrethe had to comment on it.

The rumours from the Australian magazine 'New Idea' about Mary being pregnant again has now been declared false by Lene Balleby. A second Australian magazine 'Woman's Day' has called Lene Balleby and asked.

Article from Woman's Day
Princess Mary:

I wonder if Mary's poor stomach will ever get some peace? :p She has given birth to four precious children and the media still writing about her being pregnant (A Danish magazine has the story on their front page this week as well) http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548954_591424897535920_252525664_n.jpg

Last edited:
it is about selling their magazines. Mary&Frederik are without competition these two in DK who sells most. as i has heard several journalists saying: Mary&Frederik are the top of the top. So i guess they will put them on their cover all they can, even if the stories is still just rumours. reading here Aller.dk - Her er forsiderne, som danskerne elskede mest shows Mary has been on the frontcover 261 times in Billedebladet's history, more than any other royal or celebrity in the last 75 years and frederik comes in a close second after mary.

Last edited:
The rumours from the Australian magazine 'New Idea' about Mary being pregnant again has now been declared false by Lene Balleby. A second Australian magazine 'Woman's Day' has called Lene Balleby and asked.

Article from Woman's Day
Princess Mary:

I wonder if Mary's poor stomach will ever get some peace? :p She has given birth to four precious children and the media still writing about her being pregnant (A Danish magazine has the story on their front page this week as well) http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548954_591424897535920_252525664_n.jpg
It's so funny:lol: They (media) are going to invent a new pregnancy (maybe even triplets) just to keep sale going. Young royal family with 4 kids seems not to give them enough to gossip about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom