General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 11: January - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my late response, I had to stop rolling on the floor...

I think you need checking the color setting on your monitors. ;)
Frederik's shorts are not only pink, they are sissy-pink, pale rose estrogene pink. Tree-huggingly, flowers-in-your-hair, herbal-tea-drinking, whale-song-loving, sitting-in-circles-getting-to-know-my-inner-feelings pink.

But I'll let you off lightly. If you admit that Joachim's trousers were reddish, I will in return promise never to taunt you again with Frederik's emasculatingly pink shorts. - Unless (and we can only hope) Frederik shows up in public wearing pink again - if so all agreements are off. :p

I sure had a good chuckle from this. :lol:
Prince Henrik wearing pink doesn't count - we can expect anything from that man! :eek:

Frederik's shorts are not only pink, they are sissy-pink, pale rose estrogene pink. Tree-huggingly, flowers-in-your-hair, herbal-tea-drinking, whale-song-loving, sitting-in-circles-getting-to-know-my-inner-feelings pink.

But I'll let you off lightly. If you admit that Joachim's trousers were reddish, I will in return promise never to taunt you again with Frederik's emasculatingly pink shorts. - Unless (and we can only hope) Frederik shows up in public wearing pink again - if so all agreements are off. :p

Prince Henrik wearing pink doesn't count - we can expect anything from that man! :eek:

LOL:ROFLMAO:
But Joachim wore his pink pants out in public, Frederik just took a picture with the designer to be nice (we have yet to see him in public with pink shorts)

LOL

Compared to that sweater, a giant rorschach test, the pink shorts are nothing

Whats then big deal about pink or any other colour of pants on a man? I played a couple of rounds of golf at a course at Palm Beach this winter and saw men playing golf in pink, neon green, dayglow yellow, candy apple red etc pants. I don't think anyone batted an eye at them. The Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik has certainly made bright coloured pants something of a trade mark for himself. What is the big deal when Frederik or Joachim wear coloured pants?

Look at the Crown Prince's expression; he is thinking "Dear God, what I have to do for Denmark! please don't let the guys see me in this!":lol::cool:

Whats then big deal about pink or any other colour of pants on a man? I played a couple of rounds of golf at a course at Palm Beach this winter and saw men playing golf in pink, neon green, dayglow yellow, candy apple red etc pants. I don't think anyone batted an eye at them. The Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik has certainly made bright coloured pants something of a trade mark for himself. What is the big deal when Frederik or Joachim wear coloured pants?

I find the whole discussion odd as well.

Because this is just as much about banter between members. Simply interjecting a little fun inbetween reporting what the DRF is up to. Otherwise it could get dull and boring.

In this case I use Frederik's shorts to get back at members who have teased me with some trousers Joachim wore and they are now rallying around Frederik.
I don't seriously care if Frederik wore pink from head to toe, I think he would look pretty silly though, but that's just an opinion.

They key thing is that we tease each other rather than arguing so instead of shouting abuse at the monitor, we chuckle. And that's preferable I think.

Our banter was really not meant to be taken too seriously. Personally, I don't like men in pink or VERY pink pants but if Frederik wants to wear them, I really don't loose sleep...

Thanks Muhler for explaining things...;)

I am enjoying every minute of the banter going on! Much better than nasty comments! My chuckles for the day.. (I would think it would feel great just to not give a darn and wear what ever Frederik pleases once in a while, instead of getting all dressed up or in uniforms all the time. Besides, he's soo cute.) lol

I always like it when we can have a chuckle reading these forums. Especially when Muhler is showing his age again with flowers in the hair coment. Remember the sixties well do you Muhler?? Ha Ha!! Some of our younger members may not be acquainted with the flower power era. The fabulous 60's!!!

You too, Tarlita, you too? :ermm: - I'm being bullied...

To be truthful it's more the 70's I remember but I have two older sisters, so my parents couldn't protect me from being exposed to... flower power and what not.

But the girlish pink shorts Frederik wore and the refreshing reddish trousers Joachim wore would not have caused anyone at all to lift an eyebrow in my childhood. - Even among those who didn't enhance their color vision with the help of certain mushrooms...

In that context I can add a little anecdote. A brother-in-law of mine was a conscript in Copenhagen around that time. And one day Frederik IX came visiting. Frederik IX hated longhaired soldiers! The tolerated hairlength back then was allowing conscripts to cover at least a part of their ears.
So the captain of the company walked around in the barracks and pointed concripts out: "You, you...and you. You've just volunteered for an honour guard". My brother-in-law had just had a haircut, which is why he was among the "volunteered". They were also told to wear decorations, - anything! And as very few had any decorations at all, march medals, skill medals and whatever were put on, so that it looked like something.
My BiL said that Frederik IX looked frail and the King did indeed die shortly after.
But he was pretty pleased because those in the honorguard had the rest of the day off, while the others had normal duty.

But the story doesn't end there. My BiL had a sergeant and on return to his quarters he noticed that my BiL wore a march medal as a decoration, which is incorrect and against regulations and he blew a fuze. Dragged my BiL to the captains office and reported him to be disciplined. The captain responded: "Well, so am I! You want me disciplined too? - Stop wasting my time"!

Things were more lax back then. Nowadays it would be next to impossible to find a longhaired conscript anywhere (except for girls but they are somewhat excused), even in my time that sight was rare.

Last edited:
In Brisbane recently we had a visit from USS George Washington a small aircraft carrier. The 3,000 sailors who had shore leave should have blended in nicely except for the haircuts which kind of gave them away. Anyway by all accounts they enjoyed there stay and spent plenty of money. I don't know why the military are so strict about hair cuts. Freds hair at the moment looks perfectly acceptable to me.

I don't know why the military are so strict about hair cuts. Freds hair at the moment looks perfectly acceptable to me.

Two reasons. Psycological and practical.

Practical because very short hair is easier and faster to keep clean, requiring less water and shampoo to wash. Lice also have more difficulty getting a foothold in short hair.

Psycological, especially when dealing with recruits, because you by cutting the hair strip a recruit of his individuality. And that in turn makes it easier to mold him and become a part of the group, because all the others look like him and we are social animals.
Uniformity reinforce the sense of belonging to a unit and that leads to a sense of unit pride.
So when he starts looking like a soldier, he will begin to act like a soldier and soon begin to feel like a soldier and in the end he becomes a soldier.

Last edited:
Aha, now I see your point.!

Last evening Mary went to this year's summer ballet at The Bellevue Theater. She has attended this ballet a number of time before :flowers:

Kronprinsesse Mary vild med ballet

Thanks, Roskilde. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #33, 2013.
Mary vild med ballet - Mary crazy about ballet.
Written by our cultured reporter Luise Marie Bekker.

In fact it was actually two ballets Mary saw Saturday evening at the Bellevue Theatre in Charlottenlund, a posh part of metropolitan Copenhagen. Along with the friends Julie Mølsgaard, Sofie Glahn and Birgitte Handwerk.
The shows were The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Elephant Man.
Mary said afterwards: "It was very exciting. The ballets were very different because one was very modern. I really like ballet". - That should endear her to svigermor = mother-in-law.

Mary wore a bag from Prada.

In fact it was actually two ballets Mary saw Saturday evening at the Bellevue Theatre in Charlottenlund, a posh part of metropolitan Copenhagen. Along with the friends Julie Mølsgaard, Sofie Glahn and Birgitte Handwerk.
Mary said afterwards: "It was very exciting. The ballets were very different because one was very modern. I really like ballet".

Thanks Muhler :flowers:

Others Danish magazines tell us that Mary was asked if she dances ballet herself? - She reply that yes she does, BUT only for fun at home with her children ;)

The magazine can also tell that while mommy Mary had a girls-night-out with her friends to the ballet, Frederik took Christian and Bella to the Opera, where they saw the musical 'Aladdin'. There are pictures, but they are quite blurry, so there's no reason to scan them. But they seem to enjoy themselves :)

The Aladdin musical: http://aladdinthemusical.dk/

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler :flowers:

Others Danish magazines tell us that Mary was asked if she dances ballet herself? - She reply that yes she does, BUT only for fun at home with her children ;)

The magazine can also tell that while mommy Mary had a girls-night-out with her friends to the ballet, Frederik took Christian and Bella to the Opera, where they saw the musical 'Aladdin'. There are pictures, but they are quite blurry, so there's no reason to scan them. But they seem to enjoy themselves :)

The Aladdin musical: Aladdin The Musical

Thank you Roskilde for the tidbit. Its nice Mary got a day out with her friends away from the kids. Love that frederik takes his two oldest out to the opera

Mary said afterwards: "It was very exciting. The ballets were very different because one was very modern. I really like ballet". - That should endear her to svigermor = mother-in-law.

Mary wore a bag from Prada.

Who is Sofie Glahn? I never heard of her before I think.

I think this information belongs here.

This week´s edition of HER&NU informs us that CP Frederik has bought a Tesla S. That´s an electrical car. So now the DRF has at least two electrical cars: A Tesla S and a Renualt Fluence Z.E.

I'll have to share this with you. I think it's such a loving gesture :wub:

Wisely, Frederik didn't dare to have his wedding ring on his finger under his Ironman. But instead of just letting his ring in a drawer at home, he let Mary take good care of it and she wore her husband ring on her middle finger the entire day.

https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1240217_530752946996474_1144273749_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1234332_530752976996471_1120507669_n.jpg

Wisely, Frederik didn't dare to have his wedding ring on his finger under his Ironman. But instead of just letting his ring in a drawer at home, he let Mary take good care of it and she wore her husband ring on her middle finger the entire day.

https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1240217_530752946996474_1144273749_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1234332_530752976996471_1120507669_n.jpg
Or he did like my hubby and forgot to take if off and put it in the jewelry box before he left the house and got to the start line and said "oh shoot" and handed it to his wife. I've found, like Mary, that the safest place is on my finger. I was really sweet to see though.

this is a very sweet thought and i really like the idea:in_love: it is a pleasure to experience their love to eachother. although i have to do it on the sidelines ;-)

Last edited:

He did lose his original wedding band snorkelling a few years ago. Looks like he's learnt his lesson!

Last edited:
I have found this picture on Facebook taken on August 12. It was taken by a Danish spare time photographer who writes that Frederik, Mary and all children + a couple of their friends with their children visited Egeskov Castle where they were given a tour... and in the end of the day, had a royal water fight :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1174580_493130960769492_462183749_n.jpg

Did they arrive in the helicopter that is pictured in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom