The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's actually going the exact opposite direction of Store Strandstræde (which is the road you usually take on a bicycle when heading to/from Garnisonskirken), so my guess is that (depending on the time the picture was taken, obviously) either Mary had just dropped the twins (and Bella) off in the kindergarden, or she was coming from Amalienborg through Amaliegade and Store Strandstræde.

I too think it's so lovely to coincidentally bump into Frederik, Mary and the kids (which can happen quite often actually, if you regularly get about around Amalienborg).

Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thank you for sharing the picture. Is it me or does the white fluffy thing look like a dog in the basket of Mary's bike? Maybe a new dog.
I hope it is not a dog because if it is...it has been skinned.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for pointing out it's a (nice!) blanket. I was wondering why Mary was driving Marie's dog around town

Thanks Maggie for sharing this pic. It's so nice to see Mary in real life like this. She looks just like everyone else, I doubt I would've noticed her!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

wow no bodyguards? it is really nice to see her among the rest of the people on the streets, feeling some freedom!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness

Don´t worry, there are bodyguards around - they just blend in :)
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

I have a little innocent insider knowledge, so I guess it is okay to write it here On a Danish discussion forum, which I am a member of writes one of the members that she was at the theater with Mary and Frederik last Saturday (May 11) in Folketeatret in Copenhagen. They watched a play called "Sarah" with the Danish actors Githa Nørby and Preben Kristensen. (I have never heard about this play, maybe other Danish members have?) She writes they just were there as a normal couple (non official) and sat three rows in front of her. She also writes they were without security around them (Although, I guess she just dosen't noticed them) and that they (M+F) just blended in.... And that it was a great play
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

My guess is that PET was there.
A show at the Royal Theatre would mean M&F are too long and too exposed in the same place.
It is however understandable that PET officers are not sitting right next to M&F, - that would somehow spoil the night out, to put it mildly. I would find it very likely that PET was standing discreetly to the side or alternatively waiting in a car outside.
It's also interesting that they sat on the floor among the fellow guests. - As members of the DRF they can opt to sit in the royal box, but that actually isn't the best seat in the house, only the most distinguished. The floor is much better. - And perhaps they got some free tickets from Preben Christensen? He is after all married to Søren Heedegaard and a friend of theirs.

Anyway, I hoped they enjoyed the show. Preben Christensen is a brilliant actor, singer and entertainer in his own right and paired with a diva like Githa Nørby that should guarantee a quaility show,
Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Royal Highness

Can't agree more about that, Muhler It would be rather unromantic.

But IMO is it typical Mary and Frederik style to just would blend in, especially on a private romantic night out. And it is probably more difficult to blend in if they sit in the royal box.

But actually, it wasn't in the Royal Theatre, but Folketeatret (the People's Theater) There isn't a royal box there, is there?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

You are of course right, Roskilde.

- I naturally knew all the time it wasn't the Royal Theatre, I was merely testing you...

...And if you believe that, then I've got a mermaid for sale...
Old 05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

I forgive you, Muhler, but only because of the heat in Denmark today, you know, we Scandinavian people can't think clearly in a sudden heat coming after all these long cold months

Yaaay, another official trip for Mary and Frederik is in sight

According to these two articles Mary and Frederik will head a business delegation to Mexico to November, week 46.

Mexico - Nye vækstmuligheder

FOREIGN SECRETARY MEADE MEETS WITH DANISH FOREIGN MINISTER VILLY SØVNDAL

ADDED:

Some few days ago, Mary visited the Danish designer Charlotte Eskildsen in Copenhagen

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...49570126_n.jpg
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

Yaaay, another official trip for Mary and Frederik is in sight

According to these two articles Mary and Frederik will head a business delegation to Mexico to November, week 46.

Mexico - Nye vækstmuligheder

FOREIGN SECRETARY MEADE MEETS WITH DANISH FOREIGN MINISTER VILLY SØVNDAL

this would be great news
thanks for keeping us informed Roskilde
Frederik and Mary always do so well in these type of Business trips
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier

hey everyone,

today is a holiday day in denmark and daddy Frederik had christian and isabella with him to a big football game at Parken in copenhagen today :-) :-)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know if this belongs here or if has been posted before but I happened upon a video of Frederik from the Sirius expedition in Greenland in 2000.
In the video it's his birthday and we see him play cards(shirtless), climp a pole to raise the danish flag and eating dinner lying down:) and in the end he reads from his diary!!

Kronprins Frederiks 32-års fødselsdag - YouTube
Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
hey everyone,

today is a holiday day in denmark and daddy Frederik had christian and isabella with him to a big football game at Parken in copenhagen today :-) :-)
Here is a picture where you can see Frederik & Isabella. Not sure where Christian is in the picture though.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Courtier

thank you dazzling :-)

no i can't see christian in the photo either, but i saw him so he was there :-) it was a perfect weather :-)
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Here is a picture where you can see Frederik & Isabella. Not sure where Christian is in the picture though.
there seems to be a young boy in the seats just behind Isabella, not sure if its Christian though
Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very well spotted, I'm fairly certain that's Christian hiding in the dark.

They all seem to be FCK (FC København) fans which is just great (because so am I). This year we reclaimed our rightful spot as Danish champions, so I'm sure that Frederik was absolutely thrilled to go and celebrate with the team.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
there seems to be a young boy in the seats just behind Isabella, not sure if its Christian though
Great spotted, polyesco

I'm also almost 99 percent sure that it is Christian.

According to this weeks HerogNu published today, Frederik and Mary celebrated their wedding anniversary with walking to the Bruce Springsteen concert in Parken together.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...67893238_n.jpg
Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

where is ziggy? we haven't seen him for a long time!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
where is ziggy? we haven't seen him for a long time!
But isn't Ziggy a "she"?

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, danish royals, general news, prince christian, prince frederik, prince vincent, princess isabella, princess josephine, princess mary