General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Princess Mary pictured on a rainy day in Copenhagen, October 5, 2012:

** ppe gallery **

mary went shopping to the apair shop in copenhagen with her stylist anja aladji. we may shortly see her sporting one of these brands:

Brands

I guess we can place this here: Marys tasmanske djævle er døde - TV 2 Nyhederne

In 2006, in connection with the birth of Christian, Mary got as a present four Tamanian Devils, - you know the aggressive marsupials. Google hasn't got a translation for pungdjævle, and I can't remember what they are called in English.
Aaaanyway, these four critters were billeted in Copenhagen Zoo. Now, alas, they have all passed away. Having died from old age.
But as this is written four new Devils have been flown in from Tasmania to start a new life in Copenhagen Zoo, where they will hopefully also die of old age after a long and happy life growling at anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL this is funny:ROFLMAO:! Long life to the growling little devils.

What a cute story! Thank you for sharing.

Billed Bladet now also has the story about the Tasmanian devils, this time with a picture: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Marys tasmanske djævle er døde

That reminded me of a sketch with the actor Ulf Pilgaard, who for many years has impersonated QMII, his impersonations are very good, sometimes uncanny! http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00667/Cirkusrevyen_2011___667349m.jpg He/she is here posing with the twins, doing some prince-sitting again.

In the sketch, he, that is QMII, told the audience that Frederik had told her that he and Mary had just come back after seeing the Tasmanian devils and she admonished him: "Frederik, you don't talk about your parents-in-law like that"! :lol:

Sad to hear about the ... "devils", but I am glad that they are getting some new. Everytime I've been to Copenhagen Zoo I've been trying to get to see them, when I finally managed to (you'd be surprised as to how many times I've failed to see them) I kinda expected to see something like this (I blame Disney) and was slightly disappointed to find that they look nothing like that.

Ulf Pilgaard's impressions of QMII always have me on the floor laughing, he is hilarious and that sketch is also just absolutely wonderful :lol:

Last edited:
Billed Bladet now also has the story about the Tasmanian devils, this time with a picture: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Marys tasmanske djævle er døde

That reminded me of a sketch with the actor Ulf Pilgaard, who for many years has impersonated QMII, his impersonations are very good, sometimes uncanny! http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00667/Cirkusrevyen_2011___667349m.jpg He/she is here posing with the twins, doing some prince-sitting again.

In the sketch, he, that is QMII, told the audience that Frederik had told her that he and Mary had just come back after seeing the Tasmanian devils and she admonished him: "Frederik, you don't talk about your parents-in-law like that"! :lol:

thank you for the story:flowers: its hilarious
i love that picture of the "Queen" holding the twins :ROFLMAO:

But she has such nice (gorgeous, fantastic, wonderful, marvelous) shoes . . . I live vicariously through her shoes! More is definitely good!!! :lol:

Yes me too! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is just priceless :ROFLMAO: :D.

My pleasure, ladies :)

This is really a piece of general trivia about the whole DRF but I'll place it here and then we'll see where it may end up.

Translation of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #42, 2012.
Where a Jens Schultz asks: What do the royals do if they want to see a current movie in the cinema?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The members of the DRF are usually invited to the gala premiere when a new Danish movie is out.
It happens that they accept the invitation, as for example the CP-couple did when Ole Christian Madsen's "The Flame and the Lemon" Flame and Citron (2008) - IMDb had prmiere in Imperial (a cinema) in the spring of 2008.
If the royals feel like seeing a movie on a weekday or during the weekend, they simply go to the cinema like the rest of us. They are of course noticed, but they are usually left alone, which they no doubt prefer in such a situation.
As mentioned before it's important that the Danes in general and the press in particular allow the DRF to have a private life - also when it from time to time takes place in public.

In 2006, in connection with the birth of Christian, Mary got as a present four Tamanian Devils, - you know the aggressive marsupials. Google hasn't got a translation for pungdjævle, and I can't remember what they are called in English.

You got it right, Muhler. Tasmanian Devil is the common name. And their scientific name being Sarcophilus harrisii (I think we'll stick with 'TD' ;)).

Thanks Madame Royale :)

Tasmanian Devils it is then. They have incidentally recieved a surprisingly amount of coverage in the press, including info on the ongoing cancer epidemic among the animals.
It appears the more placid have a greater chance of not getting the decease than the more grumpy ones, so they may eventually end up dropping Devil in their name. ;)

Yes, the cancerous tumors have devestated numbers in the wild; and what's really concerning is that this strain of cancer is infectious amongst the devil population which is why so many fall victim.

A little insight...

When white settlers arrived/invaded (whichever), they thought the squeeling growl of the marsupial was that of a devil or banshee (they were a superstitious lot). These little bone crunching 'terrors' scared the daylights out of people because they are primarily nocturnal so no one knew what one looked like which only heightened the fears of those who heard it's calling card.

Tasmania's wilderness/forestry is dense and there are many hidden gullies and canyon's which echo far and wide meaning that the devil could be heard from miles away. And in the dead of night, surrounded by complete darkness with only a camp fire and barrels of gin to pacify their fears, it's little wonder they were scared stiff!

Last edited:
:previous:intresting insight Madame Royale, thank you :flowers:

Danish bt.dk reports of a little accident Crown Princess Mary had in Copenhagen yesterday afternoon, she drove by car and touched a cyclist. Fortunately nothing serious happened, an eyewitness told bt.dk "They were both shocked, and I think the lady on the bike got an extra shock when she discovered who she was facing".

** bt.dk: Kronprinsesse Mary i højresvingsulykke: Kørte ind i cyklist **

Kronprinsesse Mary i højresvingsulykke: Kørte ind i cyklist - Royale | www.bt.dk

Mary accidentally hit a cyclist with her car today, while driving in Copenhagen city.
Mary was turning right and apparantly failed to notice a cyclist who got hit and fell.

A man who wittnessed the incident said: "She turns right and the cyclist is riding sort of in her own world and then they crashed. They were both shocked and I think the lady on the bike got an extra shock when she discovered who she faced".

PET who as always ascorted Mary in another car will not comment: "We never issue statements in cases where we are bodyguards for specific persons".

- Well, it seems like nothing happened apart from a scare.
Mind you, cyclist are more often than not reincarnated Kamikaze pilots on two wheels. Completely oblivious to any traffic rules and the world around them.

ADDED: Billed BLadet has more on the story: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...Mary ramte kvindelig cyklist med sin bil.aspx

Lene Balleby from the court says: "The Crown Princess didnt notice the cyclist at all, there was a dead angle on the car".

She adds: "The Crown Princess has afterwards been in contact with the cyclist to ensure that she is well".

Last edited:
- Well, it seems like nothing happened apart from a scare.
Mind you, cyclist are more often than not reincarnated Kamikaze pilots on two wheels. Completely oblivious to any traffic rules and the world around them.

Bit of a sweeping statement regarding cyclists and in this case you have no idea who was at fault, if indeed there is anyone at fault.
Mary could have been driving like a 'Kamikaze' pilot for all you or I know.

Bit of a sweeping statement regarding cyclists and in this case you have no idea who was at fault, if indeed there is anyone at fault.
Mary could have been driving like a 'Kamikaze' pilot for all you or I know.

No, I'm talking about cyclists in general. One of my pet-annoyances.

ADDED: Ekstra Bladet, (Which actually has a very good police stuff coverage) has more: http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article1850468.ece

The incident happend yesterday at around 16.30.
In the car were also Isabella and Christian.

An eye wittness from a nearby cafe tells: "I had been in the coffee bar and went outside to drink my coffee, when I saw Mary jumping out of the car. She was really shocked.

Another explains that a PET officer was also on the spot right away: "Initially they parked the cars in the middle of the road, but (they) soon moved the cars to the side".
He says that the cyclist was a woman in her 50's or 60's: "Nothing serious happened to her. I don't even think she hit the ground. But she was very shocked and so was Mary".

Then as a kind of curiosum in the middle of the whole thing a couple of parking attendents turned up and demanded that Mary's car and the PET car should be moved at once, says the article. The PET officer flashed his badge and that shut them up.

The coffee bar wittness goes on: "Mary was very sorry. And the cyclist asked whether she should text message Mary. They laughed a little about that, because that was an absurd thought. I also heard the cyclist say that it was fun that she (Mary) was the one who did it".

One wheel on the cycle was damaged but it all took place at very low speed, because the street is narrow, there are cars parked and builders are doing some renovation.

Lene Balleby from the court says to Ekstra Bladet: "It's correct that the car of the Crown Princess glanced the cyclist. The Crown Princess was of course scared and (she) is sorry of the incident but glad that nothing happened to the cyclist. The Crown Princess has afterwards been in contact with the cyclist to ensure that the cyclist is fine".

Lene Balleby adds that the court will pay for any damages to the cycle.

Last edited:
No, I'm talking about cyclists in general. One of my pet-annoyances.

They're mine too, I'm more wary of people on bike than I am of the cars, especially in NYC.

Google translation: Google Übersetzer
Such accidents happen every day, unfortunately! I hope everyone is doing well, including the children, who must have been shocked a lot! :flowers:

Muhler, thanks for the details, makes it clear it was just an accident.

As a danish reader comments on Ekstrabladet's article:

Good to read that Mary has behaved so well and shown so much care, and that no one was seriously injured. This, once again shows her amazing person! Anyone can come out of an accident, it is the care after the accident that shows whether you are a good person.

I think it is a very good comment.

So true!

Just yesterday I myself witnessed a smiliar accident when a cyclist failed to stop. Wakey wakey!!

:previous: Well, I must disagree completely on that. I really feel annoyed when royals behave as they should, nothing more, and everyone makes a big deal of that, like "Oooohh, he/she´s such a good person, amazing..." and so on. It annoys me to no end.
Royals aren´t different from us moraly and ethical speaking, and if a royal or any other person hits accidentally another with his car (which can happen to anybody and there is no neccesity for looking for a guilty, I´m sure most of us have been directly or indirectly involved on some traffic accident, unfortunately), be sure that the other person is ok, pay for the damages and apologize doesn´t mean "being a good person" at all, it means being a decent human being, quite different from my point of view. Not doing that, however, would mean being not a good person at all (and the fact that can be many "indecent" individues out there, doesn´t change that).

I actually think that saying Mary is "such a good person" for doing it, would mean that she would be "average" if not, which is really unfair, IMO.

Last edited:
:previous: I actually think that saying Mary is "such a good person" for doing it, would mean that she would be "average" if not, which is really unfair, IMO.

I agree. I mean how did people think she was going to handle the incident, fly off the handle? Of course she 'was such a good person'.

Well, I must disagree completely on that. I really feel annoyed when royals behave as they should, nothing more, and everyone makes a big deal of that, like "Oooohh, he/she´s such a good person, amazing..." and so on. It annoys me to no end.
Royals aren´t different from us moraly and ethical speaking, and if a royal or any other person hits accidentally another with his car (which can happen to anybody and there is no neccesity for looking for a guilty, I´m sure most of us have been directly or indirectly involved on some traffic accident, unfortunately), be sure that the other person is ok, pay for the damages and apologize doesn´t mean "being a good person" at all, it means being a decent human being, quite different from my point of view. Not doing that, however, would mean being not a good person at all (and the fact that can be many "indecent" individues out there, doesn´t change that).

I actually think that saying Mary is "such a good person" for doing it, would mean that she would be "average" if not, which is really unfair, IMO.

I understand what you mean. The media, and many people, tend to become rather awestruck by the decent and moralistic actions of high profiled individual's because as a society we don't view them as people, per say, but as remote untouchables who we anticipate should experience a large degree of societal disconnect in regards to shared common values. It's such an odd mentality.

Mary approached the situation no differently to the way any other concerned motorist would have engaged with the person.

I understand what you mean. The media, and many people, tend to become rather awestruck by the decent and moralistic actions of high profiled individual's because as a society we don't view them as people, per say, but as remote untouchables who we anticipate should experience a large degree of societal disconnect in regards to shared common values. It's such an odd mentality.

Mary approached the situation no differently to the way any other concerned motorist would have engaged with the person.
That´s what I wanted to say ;)
However, I can see how famous people´s actions like this can be used to awareness people (what is more than worrying that there´s a necessity for these "awareness campaigns", though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom