General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(...)

And we have this:

M&F also visited the east coast of Tasmania for a couple days. Here Mary's uncle (Farbror **) lives, with his wife, Alice.
Some of Mary's cousins also live nearby.

Mary's family are fond of cricket and Frederik attended a match in Tasmanian Cricket Associations' Lounge.

Isabella preferred the local playground and went there Saturday with aunt (moster) Jane.

There is no mentioning in the article about Mary's brother, nor when M&F will leave for Denmark.

(*) I don't believe it's the dress shown in a big picture in the article, because the only credits are BB's own photographer and Twitter. The Twitter pic is with the two girls who posed with Mary).

(**) We have a myriad of names for relatives in Danish, so let's go through some of them again.
Onkel - Uncle in general or someone who has been married into the family.
Farbror - Uncle, father's brother.
Morbror - Uncle, mother's brother.
Tante - Aunt in general or someone who has married into the family.
Moster - Aunt, mother's sister.
Faster - Aunt, father's sister.
Grandtante - Great aunt, the sister of one of your grandparents.
Grandonkel - Great uncle, the brother of one of your grandparents.

Muhler,
I read in an Australian magazine before the tour that Mary's brother John is in the process of moving from Queensland to Western Australia and neither he nor his family would be able to see M&F or the children during this trip. His wife Leanne was quoted as saying she was disappointed because only John (as godfather) had met the twins.

BTW I'm still getting used to using the quote function so please forgive if I made a mistake!

Frederik is rocking that Hello Kitty backpack indeed. As an older sister myself, I can imagine it must be wonderful for Isabella to have her father all for herself for the flight back home, it can get a bit crowded with younger siblings sometimes ;)
I had hoped for some official pictures from Tasmania (like we got from Bella's first visit), but I guess they wanted a bit of privacy and who can blame them that really.

M&F had nannies for the official part of the tour. Perhaps they made do with only one or none for the Tasmanian holiday? I'm sure Mary's family were only too happy to help with nieces and nephews.

Whilst it will be difficult traveling with the twins alone, it is do-able. Maybe a nanny met them in mainland Australia for the outbound flights?

No doubt, that they brought a nanny with them at the official tour. Anything else would be strange. (even though, I have not seen any nanny on any images, neither on paparazzi pics at the arrival or the departure at airports?!)

But I'm pretty sure they don't bring a nanny with them during their private visit to Tasmania. And why should they? They have travelled without nannies before. Frederik and Mary seems to be very hands-on parents IMO.
Thank you, both :flowers: You have made my point clear :flowers:

It is crazy if they did not bring a nany with them! 4 kids in small age and out of their home, their thoys... Very difficult to handle. They should have a help.

It's not crazy ! My grand mother had 6 children and she didn't have any help. I know she was not a princess but I think CP Mary can handle it for the holidays.

Would a nonroyal parentcouple bring a nanny with them on familiyvacation where they are visiting family? I don´t think so, so why should CP Frederik and CPss Mary?

On a previous visit home, Mary had a nanny with her at her sister's house.

Mary's Father and wife were also there this time and maybe they are
flying home with her.

I have read in some newspaper that Frederik and Mary don't bring a nanny with them to Tasmania. And my feeling is also that they don't.

So my theory is that Isabella travels with Frederick to relieve Mary a little bit. I can imagine, that a 25 hour flight, with four so small children, can be hard if you only are one parent.

Christian never fly with his dad and the twins are still so small that they need their mother at such a long flight. But Isabella can easily travel with Frederik and have 25 hours with her ​​father's full attention ;)
If Mary did not bring a nanny, then she will count on Prince Christian for help with the little ones. It will be good training for him, but I do not envy this family:bang::nonono::unsure:

Mary's Father and wife were also there this time and maybe they are
flying home with her.
An article in themercury says, that Mary's sister also boarded the plane,
but that doesn't mean she is going all the way to Denmark.

JulieS said:
It's not crazy ! My grand mother had 6 children and she didn't have any help. I know she was not a princess but I think CP Mary can handle it for the holidays.

Bravo to your grand mother but could she afford a nany? They are millions of people who perfectly raise their kids without help, BUT people who can afford a help usually have a help. Mary and Fred can afford a nany and do have a nany., so for me its strange to leavr her at home when they travel with 4 kids.

I am sure you are right. If they were staying with family it means plenty of Aunts, Uncles and cousins, not to mention loads of in-laws and friends available to help. :flowers:

It is said, "It takes a village to raise a child", and I am sure that the rellies would have all been dying to lend a hand. ;)

Muhler,
I read in an Australian magazine before the tour that Mary's brother John is in the process of moving from Queensland to Western Australia and neither he nor his family would be able to see M&F or the children during this trip. His wife Leanne was quoted as saying she was disappointed because only John (as godfather) had met the twins.

BTW I'm still getting used to using the quote function so please forgive if I made a mistake!

Thanks for the info Lady Rosie.

What is it he and his wife are doing for a living?

:previous: John Donaldson is a geologist, Muhler.

Last edited:
Muhler,

John Donaldson ( Mary's brother) is a mine geologist. Both Queensland and Western Australia have big mining areas.

Australia is said to have a "two speed economy" at the present time. Western Australia (because of mining)is booming and the Eastern states not doing as well. Makes the Government's job of managing the economy tricky!

I don't know whether Leanne works or concentrates on the family.

Thanks Lady Rosie & Madame Royale :flowers::flowers:

That of course explains why he was that busy.

i ak sure the kis they have plenty ractice speaking english with family and friends and even if hey went to play grounds playing with local kids, I guess C and Ispeaks good english too by now!

Thank you, both :flowers: You have made my point clear :flowers:
Mary had all the kids when she was in Sorrento at the start of the holiday and went shopping with Amber, Fred in Vietnam...I'm sure there were nannies looking after the kids...:whistling:

Mary has two older sisters who have older kids. Plus her dad and stepmom. Not to mention Aunts and Uncles. I am sure they are all helping out. I know the "staff" was with them on the official trip. But many of them left when it was done. As for the nannies, who knows. But since Mary are Fred are now around 24/7 I'm sure the family can handle it.

Isabella looks so cute in that video hopping across the pavement!

As to Mary and Frederik potentially bringing a nanny with them for the vacation part of their trip, does it really matter either way? I know several families who have taken a nanny with them on vacation; I imagine it would come in handy if they wanted to have an adult family dinner or were invited out to a party or something like that, not to mention making things a bit easier on the flights there and back, (especially for people like Mary and Frederik, who have to travel separately).

Mary had all the kids when she was in Sorrento at the start of the holiday and went shopping with Amber, Fred in Vietnam...I'm sure there were nannies looking after the kids...:whistling:
Or familymembers or friends :whistling:

Mary and Frederik are using nannies in Denmark so for me it wouldn't be crime if they bring one or two to Australia. We saw Jane with kids and reporters said that also bodyguards were playing time with them.

Sorry I dont get the discussion. If I had 4 children and I could afford a nanny, no doubt I'd bring her along wherever I go. You dont visit your relatives and expect them to look after your children, its about spending quality time and a nanny can be helpful at times.

Sorry I dont get the discussion. If I had 4 children and I could afford a nanny, no doubt I'd bring her along wherever I go. You dont visit your relatives and expect them to look after your children, its about spending quality time and a nanny can be helpful at times.

I'm with you. I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

i agree with you 100 %:flowers:

I would think the absence of nannies would be more of a privacy issue than anything else. If you think that the family on an average day are usually surrounded by security and other staff its probably a rare opportunity to be just the family unit without the extras and even though they have security staff these can be perform their duties without being right in the middle of the family.

Another point would be Nannies probably take their vacations at that time so they can be back on duty when the royal family returns to Denmark. Nannies are entitled to annual leave like any other worker. :)

Twin toddlers!! How many people are used to that kind of surveillance! We're not talking about looking after children who can speak and read and reason. Anyway, I'm sure M&F had the help they wanted. Either they brought them or the sisters made sure they were set.

Back from Australia, Crown Princess Mary has been spotted shopping in Copenhagen today.
A reporter asked her if she was shopping for Christmas presents, she affirmed but denied
the question if it was for Frederik mainly. She had much more to buy ;)

** Pic * bt.dk: Mary spottet på julegaveindkøb i indre by **

Last edited by a moderator:
Twin toddlers!! How many people are used to that kind of surveillance! We're not talking about looking after children who can speak and read and reason. Anyway, I'm sure M&F had the help they wanted. Either they brought them or the sisters made sure they were set.

My friend had twin girls and 3 boys under the age of 6 one of the boys had a medical condition and their immediate families lived overseas. They would fly over to visit them.
They coped fine. It was noisy and chaotic but they didnt kill her or compromise her health. She had routines and rules Im sure Mary & Fred would too and that is how they manage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom