General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 11 of the thread for General News about Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family!

You can find the old thread here:

** General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 10: May 2011 - December 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

(...)

The Style Finder has details about Mary's currently favorite clutches.
- Apparantly she has at least three in different colors. These are from Naledi Copenhagen and costs from 2.000 DKK.
they are made from ostrich skin and made in co-operation with Women Empowerment groups. (Don't know anything about that). Ethically they are labelled a good choice as the birds are all bred for the purpose. (Don't see the difference though, the birds still die and get eaten and what not, oh well...). For more info on the clutches: Naledi Copenhagen - Luxury ostrich bags and accessories

(...)

And we have this:

-----------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2011.
Familiefest på terrassen - Family party on the patio.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who appears to have read the Australian papers.
I don't know how much has already been covedred, but here we go.

Susan Moody and John Donaldson joined the family on Tasmania.
M&F did not stay in Jane Syephens house this time. Instead they rented in the western part of Hobart. The house is located more disreetly.
And last Sunday M&F gathered the whole family aa well as friends for a party. The weather on that was fairly good, so Mary was wearing a shortsleeved flowery dress. (*)

M&F also visited the east coast of Tasmania for a couple days. Here Mary's uncle (Farbror **) lives, with his wife, Alice.
Some of Mary's cousins also live nearby.

Mary's family are fond of cricket and Frederik attended a match in Tasmanian Cricket Associations' Lounge.

Isabella preferred the local playground and went there Saturday with aunt (moster) Jane.

There is no mentioning in the article about Mary's brother, nor when M&F will leave for Denmark.

(*) I don't believe it's the dress shown in a big picture in the article, because the only credits are BB's own photographer and Twitter. The Twitter pic is with the two girls who posed with Mary).

(**) We have a myriad of names for relatives in Danish, so let's go through some of them again.
Onkel - Uncle in general or someone who has been married into the family.
Farbror - Uncle, father's brother.
Morbror - Uncle, mother's brother.
Tante - Aunt in general or someone who has married into the family.
Moster - Aunt, mother's sister.
Faster - Aunt, father's sister.
Grandtante - Great aunt, the sister of one of your grandparents.
Grandonkel - Great uncle, the brother of one of your grandparents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity Muhler, why would a great aunt and uncle be addressed as Grandtante and Grandonkel instead of Grandmoster/faster and Grandfarbror/morbror?

As being the singlings of a grandparent they are relations by blood and not by marriage?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity Muhler, why would a great aunt and uncle be addressed as Grandtante and Grandonkel instead of Grandmoster/faster and Grandfarbror/morbror?

As being the singlings of a grandparent they are relations by blood and not by marriage?

I don't know. :ermm: They just are.
Perhaps we've gotten lazy over the last 150 years.
Nephews and nieces are no longer called brordatter/brorsøn or søsterdatter/søstersøn = brother's daughter/brother's son or sister's daughter/sister's son.
The same with grandchildren, they are nowadays just called barnebarn or børnebørn (plural) = child's child.
Beforehand it was dattersøn/datterdatter or sønnesøn/sønnedatter = daughter's son/daughter's daughter or son's son/son's daughter.

Grandtante/grandonkel are bloodrelatives of your grandparent.

Like an aspirin? :p

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for the quick response. It's all rather interesting.

No aspirin needed :D

Looks like they are about to go home.

Thanks for the link Duke.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2011.
Familiefest på terrassen - Family party on the patio.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Whow do they Know (Billed Bladet) that crown princess Mary was wearing a shortsleeved flowery dress? Was some of the reporter's invited to the party?
Because i think it´s a little bit strange tha billed bladet, ou some other magazine, having this kind of details and showing no pictures!

Isabella looks a bit reluctant to leave with Dad. Dad trying to coax her on the plane. Having read about and following the DRF since Fred was a single guy, it's so lovely to see him as a dad of four children.

Thank you Roskilde. I have been searching local news but no luck for any other reports so far.

I'm sure the family will be glad to go home but it has been lovely to have "borrowed" them from you for a month.

They do Denmark proud.

Frederik, Mary and children have left Tasmania: Danish royals leave Tasmania - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It seems like Frederik travels home with Isabella, while Mary travels with Christian and the small twins.

... and isn't it a Hello-Kitty bag I see on Frederik? :D
Could be Isabella's bag.
I don't get why not all 4 children would travel with Mary.

Isabella looks a bit reluctant to leave with Dad. Dad trying to coax her on the plane. Having read about and following the DRF since Fred was a single guy, it's so lovely to see him as a dad of four children.

I only see a dad talking/looking at his daughter while walking up to the plane :)

Could be Isabella's bag.
They probably could, but why not having some quality time with your daughter?

I only see a dad talking/looking at his daughter while walking up to the plane :)
Me too. I remember Isabella needing some help from a bodyguard going down and those steps are awfully steep, when you've got short legs.
It's been awhile, Stellad. Nice to see you around again. :)

Last edited:
Could be Isabella's bag.

I have read in some newspaper that Frederik and Mary don't bring a nanny with them to Tasmania. And my feeling is also that they don't.

So my theory is that Isabella travels with Frederick to relieve Mary a little bit. I can imagine, that a 25 hour flight, with four so small children, can be hard if you only are one parent.

Christian never fly with his dad and the twins are still so small that they need their mother at such a long flight. But Isabella can easily travel with Frederik and have 25 hours with her ​​father's full attention ;)

Do they fly commercial or private/government?

Do they fly commercial or private/government?

They fly commercial. With a change in Beijing airport.

I know, because my colleague flew at the same plane as Mary and the twins as they flew from Denmark to Australia last month :)

They fly commercial. With a change in Beijing airport.

I know, because my colleague flew at the same plane as Mary and the twins as they flew from Denmark to Australia last month :)
First Class I hope. I can't imagine flying with 11month old twins by myself, even on a 2 hour flight, much less 25 hours you say:ohmy:

Could be Isabella's bag.

Why should the mother have all four and the father none of the children. I assume they have reasonable roles among themselves regarding the children and the least Fredrik could do is to take one child. Besides the royal family split up the heirs while travelling. If either plane goes down at least either Fredrik and the third in line is ok or the second in line will be around.

It is crazy if they did not bring a nany with them! 4 kids in small age and out of their home, their thoys... Very difficult to handle. They should have a help.

Would a nonroyal parentcouple bring a nanny with them on familiyvacation where they are visiting family? I don´t think so, so why should CP Frederik and CPss Mary?

But earlier they were on official visit. Someone must cared about the twins. Plus C&I came to Australia later, probably with nanny or member of staff.

i am sure they did bring somebody 4 kids and she was going out with the sisters shopping, having a nanny i am sure would make easier theor trip, so i am sure they have specially foor the twins!

they must of course have had nannies helping them, plus a delegation coming with them, including mary's lady in waiting, and potentially the babies' danish nanny. no other way to take care of the kids otherwise when they were on engagements and also travelling around the cities. i expect some of the personnel (including at least the security guards) stayed for the personal visit and helped with the travelling arrangements.

they flew commercial inbound. however, these days first class is desertic with the recession and only has high level managers who are anyways too busy to care about who flies with them.

so strange that royals don't fly with the royal heirs, I mean I get it. It seems strange to me. but I guess Frederik has lived this way his whole life!

M&F had nannies for the official part of the tour. Perhaps they made do with only one or none for the Tasmanian holiday? I'm sure Mary's family were only too happy to help with nieces and nephews.

Whilst it will be difficult traveling with the twins alone, it is do-able. Maybe a nanny met them in mainland Australia for the outbound flights?

Why should the mother have all four and the father none of the children. I assume they have reasonable roles among themselves regarding the children and the least Fredrik could do is to take one child. Besides the royal family split up the heirs while travelling. If either plane goes down at least either Fredrik and the third in line is ok or the second in line will be around.

Exactly! According to the protocol the family has chosen to follow the only child who can't travel with his father is Christian and it's not like the kids are any more Mary's job than they are Frederik's.

As far as I can remember this is the first time ANY of the children have flown with their father on these long flights.... I'd be tempted to stick him with the twins as well.

so strange that royals don't fly with the royal heirs, I mean I get it. It seems strange to me. but I guess Frederik has lived this way his whole life!
The president and vice president of the US never fly on the same plane and I am sure that is the case for most countries. Many corporations have rules regarding which of the executives can not be on the same flight.

It makes sense that Christian can never travel via plane with his Father. If Mary is still breastfeeding the twins, then she would naturally need to travel with them. I'm sure they travel with SOME staff- even if it is their security detail, there will be extra hands to help CP Mary and the children. It also makes sense, that Isabella might go with her dad. In the event something tragic would happen to Mary's plane (God Forbid!), there would still be an heir to the throne.

No doubt, that they brought a nanny with them at the official tour. Anything else would be strange. (even though, I have not seen any nanny on any images, neither on paparazzi pics at the arrival or the departure at airports?!)

But I'm pretty sure they don't bring a nanny with them during their private visit to Tasmania. And why should they? They have travelled without nannies before. Frederik and Mary seems to be very hands-on parents IMO.

Last edited:
whilst not doubting Mary's ability to handle the twins (and Christian:)) Most commercial airlines have rules about the number of responsible adults travelling with infants. I am not sure how 'Hands On' their security detail would get but do think they must have some Children's helper with them.

I'm sure there was at least one additional adult to help Mary with the babes and Christian. Especially on such a long flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom