The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

I am very glad the press seems to leave them alone at school.
It is a bit strange that they do however, since we have seen many pictures of Nikolai & Felix outside their school...

By the way I had to laugh reading the front page of Her&Nu this week: "Frederik & Mary's expensive life - Use 1 million every month - Money goes to house, travels and clothes"
Last week it was all about Mary saving her money by wearing the same items many times.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish girl View Post
By the way I had to laugh reading the front page of Her&Nu this week: "Frederik & Mary's expensive life - Use 1 million every month - Money goes to house, travels and clothes"
I´ve bought the magazine and it´s not a critical article. It is actually saying that perhaps they don´t get enough in apanage, since it´s expensive to move, have more children and so on.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Carlota

It sounds like a translation of the recent interview in Berlingske Tidende. - You know, the high kick picture of Mary and Ziggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
mary seems to have given an interview to point de vue magazine. she's also on the cover. here's the extract from the website of PDV and a link to the translation

Google Translate.

"Chez la princesse Mary, la faculté d’être totalement impliquée est élevée au rang d’un des beaux-arts. Et pourtant, dans le même temps, on sent qu’elle aimerait aussi qu’on lui laisse les commandes. Et la latitude de soigner les détails. Ce qui ne manque pas d’apparaître pendant la séance photos dans le jardin privé du couple princier, derrière le palais de Frederik VIII, à Copenhague. Le soleil d’hiver fait briller la glace fondue sur la pelouse comme du cristal. Ziggy, le chien de la famille, gambade dans tous les sens, encourageant Mary à shooter dans le ballon pour jouer avec lui."
Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not quite sure where to put this one.

This is an article in BT about how Frederik trained so that he could take part in the Vasa run on skis lately. Sådan kom Frederik i kanonform - Royale - BT.dk

It turns out that Frederik contacted the doctor Ulrich Gishler, he has been coach for the Danish national skiing team and a doctor for the Swedish national skiing team.

Frederik completed the 90 kilometres in 06.35.32, maintaining an average speed of 14.4 kilometers. (Comfortable cycling speed for those not used to kilometers )

Ulrich Gishler tells us: "Frederik himself called me in October to hear whether I wanted to train him".
Per advise Frederik aquired a skiing maschine for his training, an instrument of torture called a Thorax Trainer.
"And he did. To start with he should train two-three times a week. The training consisted of running, skiing on rolls and the skiing-machine".

He recommended that Frederik should run early in the morning where the burning of fat is apparantly best. So Frederik got up in the dark winter mornings, while Mary and the children were asleep to run five-ten kilometers.
"That suited Frederik's family life well. He was also to do 25-30 push ups every day. And good heavens he did it. Durning the run this Sunday, Frederik said to me several times: - I sure am glad I did those push ups".

Apart from all that, Frederik has also worn out the bicylcle lanes in Copenhagen. He went on 20-35 kilometre trips on roller-skis.

"He has been running on roller skis on the bicycle lanes from Amalienborg and to Charlottenlund. And then he has been running in the Holte area and in Grib Forest in Norther Zealand". (*)

Ulrich Gishler is also impressed with the physique of Frederik: "Apart from being a happy, positive person with a fantastic drive, frederik is also very agile. He did some wild crashes on the roller-skis. But he mastered that pretty well. he always came up with the head up and the legs down".

But Frederik was also cheered on by the spectators at the Vasa run: "There were a lot who greeted him and cheered him on out on the track. At the fluids-depots, a lot were shouting: - Come on, Frederik. - I was really proud of our Crown Prince this Sunday. Because it was a fantastic grand and convincing way he completed that run".

(*) I'll leave it to the locals to explain how far that is.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Four Muslims 'planned to kill Danish Crown Prince in Mumbai-style terror attack in revenge for newspaper printing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed'
Quote:
Four alleged terrorists targeted Danish Crown Prince Frederik as part of their planned revenge attack on a newspaper that printed cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, a court heard today. The suspects intended to attack the offices of Politiken in a Mumbai-style terror attack when the crown prince was handing out awards, it was claimed. The men were arrested on their way to the ceremony which eventually took place at the paper as planned.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I fear Daily Mail is getting a bit sensationalist here.

According to Danish media, the event in which Frederik was to present a prize was the target, simply because there were many people there and their aim was to kill as many as possible.
Frederik himself was most likely not a target, apparantly they didn't even know he was to be present.

Frederik was never in any danger, at least not from this group.
They were under constant surveillance from PET and Säpo, who moved in when the terrorists were getting ready for the attack.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A highly sensationalist article, certainly; however, DM is not by far the only newspaper reported the incident as attempt on Frederik's life.
Just a couple of other articles from around the world:
- Terrorists 'targeted prince event'
- Four accused of targeting Danish prince
- Danes accuse 4 of targeting country's crown prince
- Danish prosecutors: 4 alleged terrorists tried to target sports event that had crown prince

Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, the foreign media has got it wrong.

It would have been all over the news here in DK if Frederik had been a target, it isn't.
That question was cleared shortly after the arrests.

So now we know what the gossip mags will write about next week.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Making Frederik the target sells more papers. A terrorist attack with no real aim other than to kill, doesn't sell well anymore as it happens on a daily basis. I doubt anyone in the UK knows who Frederik is.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
A highly sensationalist article, certainly; however, DM is not by far the only newspaper reported the incident as attempt on Frederik's life.
Just a couple of other articles from around the world:
- Terrorists 'targeted prince event'
- Four accused of targeting Danish prince
- Danes accuse 4 of targeting country's crown prince
- Danish prosecutors: 4 alleged terrorists tried to target sports event that had crown prince
This is scary, knowing that there was an attempt on frederik's life, I would be truly devastated he's one of my favorite prince's.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow i could not imagine Mary's feeling about this!!!!!! he is my favorit prince too! Hope they have the right protection for him and all the family!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Royal Family members are a natural target for terrorists or extremists. In Britain, the IRA always was after the Windsors, in Spain after the Borbons.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

And Brevik planned attack at NRF. Nothing new.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Making Frederik the target sells more papers. A terrorist attack with no real aim other than to kill, doesn't sell well anymore as it happens on a daily basis. I doubt anyone in the UK knows who Frederik is.
The DM readers by now know that he is the husband of Mary, which was compared to Kate by the DM :)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #22, 2012.
Written by Lisbeth Grube and Ulrik Ulriksen.

Libeth Grube had taken op position at 12.30 on Frederik's birthday, at the quay next to Amalienborg.
M&F walked from Amalienborg, through Amalie Garden to the waiting chalup (the grandest of the bargest onboard Dannebrog). Walking arm in arm with Mary and wearing his navy dress uniform, Frederik was greeted and wished a happy birthday by quite a few onlookers. In their heels followed an adjutant and two anonymous gentlemen from PET.
Frederik turned 44 on that day and Dannebrog turned 80. That was of course celebrated onboard the yacht.

On the way Frederik was asked whether the children had song the birthday song for him.
Frederik confirmed that.

Q: Have you also had drawings and presents from the children?
F: "That too", giving the thumbs up.

The celebrateions onboard Dannebrog lasted until 15.00, when M&F returned to the quay. Someone (presumably the adjutant) carred a tray with left overs from galley onboard Dannebrog. Probably something for the children.
Frederik was celebrated in the evening and the gueasts arrived at Amalienborg for a dinner at 18.30. The dress code was "Amalienborg chic" i.e. casual.

The guests were Ellen Hillingsøe with her Christoffer Carstenskiold.
Rikke and Michael Juul Brandt,
Elisabeth and Christian Buchwald,
Peter Warnøe,
Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk,
Julie Mølsgaard.

Our reporter, Ulrik Ulriksen who had stationed himself at Amalienborg, observed that welcoming drinks were served at the terrace underneath parasols.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Prince Frederik was in Horsens to attend the Metallica concert

Picture
Old 06-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Article with pic of Frederik. Kronprinsen rocker med Metallica i Horsens - Musik | www.bt.dk

The concert took place in the former state prison in Horsens. - That should create a fitting atmosphere for Metallica

The prison was closed down six years ago and today it's been turned in to a local cultural centre, where among other things concerts are held.

There is still a state prison in Horsens. A modern one.

Metallica ain't bad, ain't bad at all!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Crown Prince Frederik was in Horsens to attend the Metallica concert

Picture
And director Lars von Trier was there too, with his wife
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the birthday party for the 70th birthday of former Court Chief
Per Thornit in Klambenborg on June 9, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Thanks iceflower.

The two couples appear to have a very warm friendship.
Per Thornit attended when Mary unveiled her portrait by Gugger Peters ( I think that is the name) in May.
Mary looks great, love the outfit.