The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rosie View Post
Muhler,
I read in an Australian magazine before the tour that Mary's brother John is in the process of moving from Queensland to Western Australia and neither he nor his family would be able to see M&F or the children during this trip. His wife Leanne was quoted as saying she was disappointed because only John (as godfather) had met the twins.

BTW I'm still getting used to using the quote function so please forgive if I made a mistake!

Thanks for the info Lady Rosie.

What is it he and his wife are doing for a living?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

John Donaldson is a geologist, Muhler.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

Muhler,

John Donaldson ( Mary's brother) is a mine geologist. Both Queensland and Western Australia have big mining areas.

Australia is said to have a "two speed economy" at the present time. Western Australia (because of mining)is booming and the Eastern states not doing as well. Makes the Government's job of managing the economy tricky!

I don't know whether Leanne works or concentrates on the family.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Lady Rosie & Madame Royale

That of course explains why he was that busy.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

i ak sure the kis they have plenty ractice speaking english with family and friends and even if hey went to play grounds playing with local kids, I guess C and Ispeaks good english too by now!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Thank you, both You have made my point clear
Mary had all the kids when she was in Sorrento at the start of the holiday and went shopping with Amber, Fred in Vietnam...I'm sure there were nannies looking after the kids...
Old 12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

little video Princess Mary leaves Tasmania - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Commoner

Mary has two older sisters who have older kids. Plus her dad and stepmom. Not to mention Aunts and Uncles. I am sure they are all helping out. I know the "staff" was with them on the official trip. But many of them left when it was done. As for the nannies, who knows. But since Mary are Fred are now around 24/7 I'm sure the family can handle it.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Isabella looks so cute in that video hopping across the pavement!

As to Mary and Frederik potentially bringing a nanny with them for the vacation part of their trip, does it really matter either way? I know several families who have taken a nanny with them on vacation; I imagine it would come in handy if they wanted to have an adult family dinner or were invited out to a party or something like that, not to mention making things a bit easier on the flights there and back, (especially for people like Mary and Frederik, who have to travel separately).
Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Mary had all the kids when she was in Sorrento at the start of the holiday and went shopping with Amber, Fred in Vietnam...I'm sure there were nannies looking after the kids...
Or familymembers or friends
Old 12-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Royal Highness

Mary and Frederik are using nannies in Denmark so for me it wouldn't be crime if they bring one or two to Australia. We saw Jane with kids and reporters said that also bodyguards were playing time with them.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Hola" Federico y Mary de Dinamarca y sus hijos concluyen sus vacaciones en Australia

Google Traduttore
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry I dont get the discussion. If I had 4 children and I could afford a nanny, no doubt I'd bring her along wherever I go. You dont visit your relatives and expect them to look after your children, its about spending quality time and a nanny can be helpful at times.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry I dont get the discussion. If I had 4 children and I could afford a nanny, no doubt I'd bring her along wherever I go. You dont visit your relatives and expect them to look after your children, its about spending quality time and a nanny can be helpful at times.
I'm with you. I fail to see why this is such a big deal.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
i agree with you 100 %
Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

I would think the absence of nannies would be more of a privacy issue than anything else. If you think that the family on an average day are usually surrounded by security and other staff its probably a rare opportunity to be just the family unit without the extras and even though they have security staff these can be perform their duties without being right in the middle of the family.

Another point would be Nannies probably take their vacations at that time so they can be back on duty when the royal family returns to Denmark. Nannies are entitled to annual leave like any other worker.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Twin toddlers!! How many people are used to that kind of surveillance! We're not talking about looking after children who can speak and read and reason. Anyway, I'm sure M&F had the help they wanted. Either they brought them or the sisters made sure they were set.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Back from Australia, Crown Princess Mary has been spotted shopping in Copenhagen today.
A reporter asked her if she was shopping for Christmas presents, she affirmed but denied
the question if it was for Frederik mainly. She had much more to buy

** Pic * bt.dk: Mary spottet på julegaveindkøb i indre by **
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Twin toddlers!! How many people are used to that kind of surveillance! We're not talking about looking after children who can speak and read and reason. Anyway, I'm sure M&F had the help they wanted. Either they brought them or the sisters made sure they were set.
My friend had twin girls and 3 boys under the age of 6 one of the boys had a medical condition and their immediate families lived overseas. They would fly over to visit them.
They coped fine. It was noisy and chaotic but they didnt kill her or compromise her health. She had routines and rules Im sure Mary & Fred would too and that is how they manage.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing the 'The Royal Jewels' documentary have been moved to the thread for the documentary in the Royal Library: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/de-kongelige-juveler-the-royal-jewels-dr-documentary-2011-a-32248.html.

Posts discussing the family's Christmas card have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-15103-16.html thread.

Please continue there.